학교의 첫날

난 인간을 사랑한다.

A few miles out the woods, was the city. It only took me a couple of seconds to make it out, but it took 아저씨 forever to walk down. I offered him a ride down, but nope. He said he would rather walk and get his excersise in. Walking down the woods, was like walking around a home you lived in for many years. I knew every little tree to the big rivers. I looked up at the tall trees to see they were slowly changing colors as well. The temperature seemed to cool down alot as well seeing 아저씨 in his grey sweater and the brown scarf I got for his birthday. 

"We're almost out~" I said excited. Finally we made it out the woods and into the sidewalk. We walked up the sidewalk passing my small houses that seemed to be around for a while. After passing by the small houses we made it into the city. The buildings got larger and larger while the air got dustier. 

"와!" I said looking at cars passing by. 

"Carefull..Alright you see that building right there?" he said pointing at a long building with the entrance that said 'Welcome'. I nodded my head. 

"Well that's your new school." he said smiling. "Let's go in and register you in."

 

We entered the school office with a help of a few students. It was still morning so kids were everywhere. I looked at them one by one; guys wore suits and ties while the girls wore a skirt and a cotton vest. I looked at them closely and even touched their clothes just to feel what it felt like. I looked at what I was wearing and what they wore. The white dress that 아저씨's wife wore, seemed too old for their taste. They all gave me weird looks and even talked about how I was staring at them. My ears began to twitch hearing all the noises around the school.

"Welcome." a teacher said. "What are you here for?"

"I'm here to register my daughter in the school." 아저씨 said. 

"Well okay. I need you to fill out a few things and we can get her ready." she said handing him some papers. 

I looked at the questions and cocked my head to the side. Age: 300 years old. Past schools: none. Parents/Guardian: 아저씨. The rest I didn't even know. I looked back up to see what he filled out. Age: 17. Past schools: Home schooled. Parents/Guardian: 이태소. 

"Alrighties. Here you are." he said handing the lady the papers. 

"Thank you. You can pick your uniform up over there and you can start today or tomorrow." she said. I bowed and thanked her. Quickly I went over to the uniform and rushed over to the bathroom to try it on. After putting the uniform on, I came out to show 아저씨.

"예뻐." he said smiling. He handed me my bookbag that he filled with supplies.

"When did you buy all this?" I asked him shocked.

"I went out to buy it for you a long time ago. I knew you wanted to go out someday, so I got ready." he said. "Now have lots of fun." He waved goodbye and left out the office. 

"Alright 이지민. Come with me." The lady said. I followed her in a class room a level above the office. While waiting out the door, she told the students in the classroom a new student was coming. Right when I was about to enter the room, a pleasant scent wavered in. I sniffed again to smell the scent to be stronger inside. I walked in and bowed to the kids. 

"안녕하세요. 이지민 임니다.." I said. I sniffed again to smell the same scent coming from  the back. 

"Alright she's new here so treat her well. 지민아 you can sit back there near the window." I nodded my head and walked back to the seat next to the window where a guy with short brown hair sat. . The smell was unbearable. The scent came from him. The scent was delicious and I couldn't get enough of it. I opened the window next to me to let the scent go away, but it stuck to him. Looking at him more closely, he was handsome; a sharp chin, short ruffled brown hair and even though he was sitting he looked tall. 

I kept quiet trying not to talk. I could already feel one of my tails waving below me. Covering my nose, the scent was blocked making my tail slowly fade away. Looking around the class room, kids were looking at me and whispering things. 

"Lucky. She got to sit next to Kris.." one girl said. So your name is Kris....I thought glancing at him...My ear twitched again hearing a guy say, "She's pretty..." Right when I was about to hear another conversation from the girl all the way up front, the bell rang. Taking all my stuff, I looked at the schedule. Confused, I was about to ask Kris for help but he already left. Walking up the stairs, I smelled him again. 

"No...Stop smelling him.." I said...I walked over to a teacher to ask what was next on my schedule...She told me I had lunch...I thanked her and walked towards the library knowing I didn't bring a lunch with me. The moment I pushed the doors open, the smell tackled my nose. Then I noticed he was sitting near the window listening to music. He looked amazing with the light hitting his milky white skin. He looked as if he was glistening in the sun. 

Walking over to him, I tapped his shoulders. He took his ear bud out and looked at me. 

"안녕.." I said waving my hand.. "Can I sit here?" He nodded his head and plugged the ear bud back in his ear. Once I sat down, he closed his eyes and nodded his head to the music. 으르렁? I thought listening to the music that was playing in his ear. Noticing no one was around, I rushed to a bookshelf and came back with a book about Biology. 

"Good he didn't notice..." I whispered. I opened the book, and pretended to read out of it. Instead, I kept looking at him. He had a nice smell other humans didn't have. I put my chin on the table and stared at him trying to figure him out. 

"Stop looking." he said. Shocked I went back into the book staying low. 

"I-I wasn't looking..." I said. He lifted his head up and walked away. 

"Darn it...Did he notice?" I wondered...The bell rung again making it the end of the day. I walked out the building already feeling like a regular human. 

"Excuse me.." a girl with short hair and boxed glasses came up to me. 

"Yes?" I said. 

"Are you 이지민?" she asked. I nodded my head. She took me to where all the bikes were chained and locked up. 

"Your uncle told me to give this to you." I thanked her and she walked away giving me a note.

 

지민아..The bike at the end is yours. Ride it home. Be careful though. 

 

I looked at the bike. Mint green with a hint of brown. The colors looked beautiful. I unlocked the chain with the key that was attached to the note and rolled it out. Right when I rolled it out I was stopped by a group of girls. 

"야..New student..." the girl who yelled for me was alittle tubby, with long hair. The other girls around her were either stick skinny or short and muscly. 

"Yeah..." I said. 

"Nice bike...Maybe you should let your 언니's ride it.." the tubby one said. 

"No..It's mine." I said gripping on to the handles tight. They all laughed. Out in the corner I heard a couple of girls talking. "Omo...The new girl is messing with 보선 언니..." 

"You little.." the tubby one came after me and pushed me down with the bike. 

"When I tell you to give me the bike you give it to me.." she said squattng down. I looked at her and noticed how terrible she smelled. She reeked of cigarettes and alcohol. I could kill her in one go, but I had to keep my strength hidden. 

"No." I said staring at her. "I don't want to give it to you." Right when I stood the bike up, the other girls kicked it at me. I fell again but this time the bike was on me. The bike didn't feel heavy, but the pressure of seven girls surrounding me did. 

"Are you going to hand over the bike or are you giving your 언니 some money." she said. "It's your choice." 

"Yeah. 보선 언니 needs a new perm.." the skinny girl said. 

"I don't have any money!" I said. 

"You little brat yelling at your 언니!" she held her chubby hand up ready to slap me. I closed my eyes ready to feel the hit but I didn't feel anything. I slowly opened my eyes to see Kris standing in front of me. 

"Go..." he said with his deep voice.

"어....어...오빠..." the tubby girl stuttered. Kris took another step foward and they ran away. Quickly, I stood up and wiped the dirt off my new uniform. 

"고맙습니다!" I said while bowing. He didn't turn around but kept walking away. I grabbed my book bag off the ground and walked towards  my bike. Picking it up from the ground, I noticed their weren't any scratches or broken parts to it. I put the stand up and biked home. 

Biking down the hill, I smelled his scent again. A kept going down to see Kris and his friends walking down the same direction. I slowed down and tried not to look at them too much. Even his friends were good looking. Eventually we parted ways; he went towards the larger buildings while I went towards the woods. I locked my bike on a street lamp nearby and ran through the forest. But while I was running, I heard fast steps following me. I jumped up and landed on a branch. I looked around the forest and saw no one. 

Still aware of my surroundings, I carefully made it home. Fast. 

"아저씨! I'm here!" I yelled. 

"Oh how was your day?" he said bringing over some tea. 

"Good." I lied. 

"Did you make any friends?" he asked. 

"Yeah I made a ton."  I lied again. 

"Well that's good." he said. "If you want I can make you dinner."

"It's okay. I'll be in the cave taking a nap.." I said trying to make myself look tired. He nodded his head and told me to rest up abit. I leaped over the river and tumbled into the cave. 

"Ugh...So this is what high school is like.." I said..I took a pebble from the ground and threw it at the target. I layed on my bed and started to slowly fall asleep. The sound of the river flowing and the trees rustling gently made my eyes heavier, eventually making them shut.

 

I woke up with the smell of dog...I sniffed myself to see if it was me but it wasn't. I got up out of bed to see the bright moon out and shining at the cave giving light off. Time to go hunting....I thought hearing my stomach growl. When I walked out of the cave, I noticed massive paw prints all around the front...Wolf...I thought.