인어공주

난 인간을 사랑한다.

"지민아...지민아..." Hearing my name, I slowly opened my eyes to see the light from the screen door enter the living room. I blinked a couple of times to focus my eyes on the three faces looking at me with relief. 

"....Ugh...My head..." I said. I sat up on the coach to see myself on the coach with blood all over my white shirt. Looking through the hole on the shirt, I saw the wound on my stomach to have healed and closed up. 

"지민아..How are you feeling?" 아저씨 said while handing me a cup of water. 

"I'm fine..." I said. "How long have I been out?" 

"Three days..." Luhan said... 

"What?! Three days?!" I said surprised. 

"Yeah....Oh here...These are some notes from class..." Kris said handing me a blue sprial notebook. 

"Thanks...." I took the notebook to see the whole notebook filled with his neat handwriting. 

"Ever since you gave the bead to Kris, your body's been healing slower than before....You have to be careful for the next 4-5 days...With one accident, you could be killed..." Luhan said with a worried tone. 

"Alright.." I said remembering the dream I had.. "What time is it?" 

"It's ten in the morning.." Kris said. I took the blanket off my body and stood up out of the coach. Luhan and Kris stood near me, just in case I felt weak. I managed to go into my room and change into my uniform. 

"Why are you wearing that?" Luhan said.

"I need to go to school...I don't want to miss another day..Plus I want to be around humans...That was the reason why I started to go to school." I said while picking up my bookbag. 

"Alright..You two go ahead..I'm going to stay here just in case the Hunters come back again.." Luhan said sitting down on the coach with 아저씨.. 

"Alright..Come on Kris. Let's go..We only missed two classes so it shouldn't be too bad." I said. We both headed out the door and started to walk up the hill. While walking up the narrow sidewalk, our hands brushed against each other..

"Just hold my hand if you want..." Kris said. 

"Who said I wanted to hold your hand..." I said blushing. 

"Then I'll hold it." Kris grabbed my hand making me feel the warmth he gave off. I looked up at him and saw that he was smiling, as if he was proud he held my hand. Happy, I started to swing our arms while walking. 

~~~~~~

"이지민..Why were you out for three days?" the teacher said..

"I was really sick and I had to get surgery..." I lied trying to find an excuse. 

"Oh...Well I hope you feel better.." she said.. I bowed and left the teachers office to see Kris waiting outside. 

"Kris...where you waiting for me?" I said secretly excited. 

"Oh..지민..." Kris said as if he wasn't waiting for me but another person. 

Trying not to get awkward..I turned around and walked the other direction pretending that I didn't say anything. 

"Ugh...I'm such and idiot...So what if he held my hand...It was because I hurt and he wanted to help me..." I told myself. Walking through the halls I made myself to Biology class. 

"Hey 지민아..you should join the swim team.." a girl said while holding up a flyer in her hand. 

"Swim team? This school has a pool?" I asked surprised. 

"Yeah. Its in the west wing of the school." she said. "My name is 보라 so tell me if you want to join.." she said with a smile. 

"Thanks. I'll think about it.." I said and went back to studying for the Math test coming up next period. 

~~~~~~

After fourth period and having the feeling of bombing the test, I went out the door to see Kris standing next to a girl who could pass as a model or an idol. Her hair was long and came down to her waist, her eyes are large and her body was slender. Looking at Kris, I saw him falling for her. His brown eyes examined her, and he would smile everytime she said something. Everytime he smiled, my heart ached. 

"Yeah..she's the new girl around here..She came yesterday and ever since, it seems like Kris has fallen for her..." I heard from a girl looking at them as well. 

"I thought he liked the other new girl but ever since she started to not show up, I guess he lost interest.." another girl said. 

I sighed at each of the comments the girl made...Ignoring Kris, I left to look for 보라...It was about time for me to join a sport to get my mind off of things like hunters and Kris. 

Walking around for five minutes, I finally found 보라 sitting outside on a bench with her other friends. 

"보라야! I want to join the swim team!" I said. 

"Alright. I guess we finally made a team!" She said excited. "You can come after school today and we'll have our first meeting at the pool." 

"Okay..I'll come.." I said.

~~~~~~~~~

After school ended, I headed toward the pool to get to the meeting. On my way there, I noticed Kris was waiting outside near gates of the school. It looked like he was waiting for me but it was hard to tell whether he was waiting for me or the other girl. 

Ignoring him, I walked to the pool to see eight girl waiting around near the chairs. 

"보라...I'm here." I said waving my hand at them. 

"Oh 지민아...We're waiting for one more girl so sit here." She said. I sat down on her seat and waited wondering who the last girl was. All the girls here seemed fit and muscular, making me feel out of place.

"Oh here she is." The model like girl who was talking to Kris earlier came over. She was the tenth girl on the team. 

"Sorry I'm late..I had to meet someone." she said. In my head I imagined her meeting up with Kris near the gates, flirting around. 

"Hello. I'm 수빈." the model like girl said. We all said hello and started to introduce ourselves. 수빈sat down next to me and while she was flipping her hair out of her shoulder, I smelled a salty sweet scent coming out of her..

Why do I smell the ocean? I thought....

"Alright. Well we have swimsuits right here and we'll start practice tomorrow. I want to see how you swim and what we can do to fix some problems so we can start competing next month." 보라 said handing us a black one piece swimsuit. 

"Alright guys see you tomorrow after school." We all left and started to head back home. The meeting only lasted a couple of minutes making it still bright out. Walking out the building, I noticed that Kris was still standing by the gate.

"지민아.."Kris said looking up at me.. 

"Kris..why are you still here?" I said..

"I was waiting for you...Why are you so late?" he said walking up closer to me. 

"I had to go to a meeting..." I said still shocked about him waiting for me. 

"Well let's go home..I'm starving." he said. "Call Luhan so he can make us something." 

"Alright.." I said smiling at the idea of Luhan cooking. I checked inside my bookbag and looked in my pockets to see my phone wasn't with me. 

"Kris I think I left it near the pool." I said. "Let me go back and get it." I ran back inside the school and headed toward the school pool. Opening the door, I heard splashes and laughter being made. Entering the pool room, I see something glimmering underneath the water. Looking at the thing move across the pool floor, I smelled the same ocean scent I smelled from 수빈. Walking closer to the edge of the pool, I squatted down to see what the moving thing was. Right when I placed my hand in the water, something grabbed me and pulled me in. 

"엄마야!" I screamed while falling in. Treading on water, I looked around to see a body with a tail moving around my feet. 

"Stop and show yourself out of the water!" I yelled. A head popped out of the water, making me realize it was 수빈 swimming around. 

"What are you doing here?" I said. "And why did you pull me in?" 

"It's fun to swim with a fox." she said giggling.

"What are you..." then I realized she knew what I was. "You know what I am?" 

"Of course fox girl. I could feel the aura around you...but why is it slowly fading?" she said. 

"How do you know?" I said. 

"Cause I just do.." she said and went underneath the water again. But this time, I see the shining object connected to her. After she swam around the floor of the pool she came up again. 

"What are you supppose to be?" I said. " A mermaid?" 

"Why yes I am." she went to the stairs of the pool and sat down showing off her bluish green tail. 

"Woah..." I said amazed at her tail. No wonder why Kris was falling for her. Mermaids attract men as well... I thought. 

"So is that why you joined the swim team?" I said while swimming to the stairs. 

"Yup..I wanted to become human but I miss the water too much.." She said. "What about you fox girl?" 

"I was sick of being in the woods for a long time..." I said. 

"So we're both on the same page.." she said. While drying myself off near the chairs, I found my phone on the table near the window. As I picked up my phone, the door to the pool swung open. 

"지민아.." Kris said. "They're are people waiting for you but their not Hunters." 

 

Author's Note- Sorry I haven't been uploading as much as I promised.. I've been studying alot and doing all this homework so I don't have time to write up my story...I'll try to write more chapters this weekend. Thanks for still reading this story~ Have a good weekend.