나 나갈래

난 인간을 사랑한다.

Clink...Clink...Clink...

I threw the small pebbles at the stone wall, trying to not stay bored. Taking the chalk a little girl dropped when she was in the woods last week, I drew a target. A large circle with three smaller circles inside. I went back to my seat and flicked the pebbles to the target.... At my third pebble, I bursted. I threw the pebble with all my might, leaving a deep dent in the stone wall.

"재미 없어!" I yelled. My voice echoes across the cave, repeating the words over and over again. I walked out of my cave to see the same woods I've saw in the past 300 years. Walking up to the river, I noticed the leaves were changing colors... One by one, the green slowly evolved into a reddish orange. 

"Fall is coming.." I said looking above. I continued to stride through the woods, dodging trees easliy as I ran. Up the hill, I made it to the old man's house. He too lived by himself, but he seemed to have more fun than I do...

"아저씨!" I yelled as I swung open his door. 

"어...지민아..." he said as he looked up from his book. 

"아저씨 뭐해요?" I said trying to look at what he's reading. 

"I'm reading a book that tells me how to get 구미호s out of my house." he said.

"에이...." I said gently nudging him. "You know that you love me..." 

"What brings you here?" he said. 

"I'm bored...." I said walking around his house looking at the stuff on his shelves. 

"Well read a book." he said pointing at the shelves over in the corner. 

"아저씨...I already read all those books in the corner...." I said. I looked over to the shelf up top to see a picture of me and 아저씨 together by the river. He looked so young back then...I looked back at him to see how much he has aged during the years. I looked over to the right to see a piece of paper folded up genlty.Carefully, I unfolded it. On the paper was a name. 이지민...The name 아저씨 picked. 

"아저씨..You still kept this?" I asked pointing at the name I wrote in blue crayon. 

"Of course...Their like memories.." he said looking up at me. "You sure haven't changed abit from the first time I saw you.." 

"아저씨...Your getting older..." I said walking over. 

I still remembered the first time I met him. He was only 40 back then; still young and handsome. I would always walk with him behind the bushes secretly just to see him. He finally caught me the third time I was following him up the mountain. Whenever I felt scared he would always be there for me. I would always be there for him. The day I met him, he brought me to his cottage up in the woods and taught me things human children do. He even gave me a name when I told him I didn't have one. He was like a father. 

"아저씨...I want to go out where all the humans are." I finally said. Ever since he found out about my true self, he was very careful that I wouldn't go around humans. Scared he might lose me because I was 'special'.

"Think about it..." he would always say...

"But I don't like being here..." I pouted crossing my arms. "I want to look at new people, eat human food, and make new friends."

I closed his book and looked at him. He looked back at me and chuckled. 

"Well you always see new people here and you eat my food which is considered human food." he said trying to talk me out of it.

"No...." I shook my head. "I want to make friends outside of the woods. Plus your food is all vegetarian and herbs and ugh..." 

He thought hard. Looking at me then looking at the shelf with the photo of us. He closed his eyes and gave out a loud sigh...

"Alright. Go ahead." he stood up and walked over to the kitchen. I rushed over and gave him a big hug. 

"Thank you." I said. "What should I do first? Where should I live? Should I live in the city or in a farm?" 

"Slow down. For now your living in the woods. You can live here if you want to. But I think you should start by going to school." he said. 

"School. That's where all the little kids go to......" I said. 

"Nope.. High school." 

 

Author's Note- Hey guys~ Hope you like the first chapter... Keep reading..The next chapter should come out very soon...If I have time I might upload it tonight...oh and comment below for any questions or comments~