Chapter

Not Skinny Enough

 

"Minseok! Kim Minseok, open up this door right now!" Luhan shouted, banging helplessly at the older's door, phone pressed to his ear as he desperately tried to reach Minseok.
 
--
 
Luhan hadn't heard from Minseok in over a week, enough time for him to become a worried mess as he tried countless times to call the older, hoping he'd answer the nexy day. 
 
Maybe his phone died.
 
Maybe he's just not feeling good.
 
He would've came to me if anything was wrong, right?
 
As the week came to an end, Luhan had enough. He needed to see Minseok, needed to make sure the younger was okay. 
 
What if I'm too late..?
 
--
 
Luhan let out a frustrated groan when he was sent to voicemail, ending the call quickly just so he can call back again. He bit his lip, hand on his hip as he looked the door up and down, trying to figure whether he'd be able to kick the door open.
 
He his lip, moving back a bit before he raised his foot, send one kick harshly against the wooden door, but having no affect. He took in a deep breathe, pocketing his phone quickly as he took a couple of steps back before running full speed into the door. 
 
Before he knew it, the hinges from the door snapped and Luhan, along with the door, tumbled into Minseok's apartment.
 
.
 
Luhan blinked his eyes open, wincing as a jolt of pain was sent up his arm as he pushed himself up off the door, eyes widening at the sight.
 
--
 
Did I get the wrong floor..?
 
Minseok was always a neat person, very organized and loved cleaning. When Luhan found the place torn apart, junk everywhere and couch pillows thrown across the room, T.V smashed to pieces and random writing all over the wall, he didn't know what to think. 
 
"M-Minseok, are you in here?" Luhan spoke up, stepping around the garbage and glass on the floor, eyes wide with fear as he peeked his head into the hall. This place was definetly Minseok's, he'd recognize the soccer trophies that had somehow ended across the room, apparently seeming as if it was thrown. 
 
Luhan frowned, eyes darting all over the place. What happened here?
 
He retrieved his phone, quickly dialing Minseok's number as he waited, moving over to the walls to get a closer reading of the words. It was written in red ink that looked a lot like blood, which had Luhan's stomach churning as he quickly looked away, nauseu taking over. 
 
It was when he heard the faint sound of Minseok's ringtone, Luhan slowly turned his attention at the hallway. The sound was creepy, eerie almost, as he ventured into the hallway. He frowned, noticing the curtains shut as he quickly reached over, yanking it open as sunlight flooded into the apartment. 
 
Luhan slowly made his way to Minseok's room, the ringtone growing louder and louder. He came to a stop just before the door way, slowly pushing the door open.
 
"M-Minseok..?" Luhan spoke, a chill running up his spine as the hair's on the back of his neck stand on end, goosebump covering his entire body as the door creaked lowly, giving that eerie feeling a kick. 
 
When he finally got the door halfway opened, Luhan slid his body through, eyes widening once again as he took sight of what was in front of him.
 
Minseok's room was a mess. His mattress was leaning against the wall, the lamp smashed against the floor, comforters hanging against the window as clothes strewn across the bedroom floor. Glass was visible everywhere on the floor, along with ripped apart pieces of the pillow that was now all over the place. The writings were ten times more evident, written in big letters with red ink, a sharp smell of metal hitting against Luhan's nose.
 
His eyes were glancing all over the place, from the writing on the walls, to the pictures that were torn apart. His focus soon landed on the huddling body in the corner, legs drawn up against the person's chest, face buried in his arm.
 
"M-Minseok?" Luhan spoke slowly, inching his way to the older.
 
Immediately, as though he were being attacked, Minseok looked up, eyes bloodshot as his hand immediately grasped the knife on the floor next to him, gripping it securely as he glared up at Luhan with wide eyes. 
 
"No!" Minseok shouted, shaking in fear as he started pressing his back against the wall, shaking his head as though Luhan was going to kill him.
 
"M-Minseok, it's me! It's Luhan, remember?" Luhan said, stopping in place at the sight of the knife.
 
Minseok shook his head, hand tightly wrapped around the base of the knife, as though he were ready to attack. "Liar! He said L-Luhan went back to C-China!"
 
Luhan blinked, eyes practically bulging out of his face as he cocked his head to the side, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
 
"Who? Who told you that?" Luhan asked, slowly inching foward hesitantly. "I'm Luhan. I never left Minseok, why would you think that?"
 
Luhan couldn't read Minseok's eyes, all he saw was fear and pain. "Because h-he said! He said he left! He said he left with Sehun! Oh Sehun, you must know him if you know Luhan!"
 
"Minseok, please. Let go of the knife, I'm Luhan." Luhan spoke slowly, trying to persuade the older to let go of the sharp blade so he can kick it away from his quickly enough. 
 
Minseok shook his head, eyes wide as he slowly brought the knife up. "I-I don't believe you! Luhan left with Sehun! They're in love, t-they're together! H-He was right, L-Luhan never n-needed me."
 
Minseok breathing was becoming strained, having taking too mich energy in talking. Luhan noticed this, and quickly tried to think of something, anything.
 
"Luhan does need you, Minseok. Luhan never left with Sehun, Luhan never was in love with Sehun. Minseok, believe me. I'm Luhan. I never left. I love you, I'm in love with you. I told you I wasn't going anywhere, remember?"
 
Minseok's eyes slowly lost that sense of fear, his facial expression relaxing visibly as he slowly started lowering the knife, staring up at Luhan.
 
"L-Luhan.."
 
Luhan nodded his head, slowly starting to inch closer to Minseok.
 
"Put down the knife. Minseok, put down the knife." Luhan spoke slowly, crouching down so he was eye-level with Minseok.
 
As though on cue, Minseok dropped the knife completely, letting it hit the floor next to him with a loud sound that seemed to have bounced off the wall.
 
Luhan quickly took ahold of the knife, dragging it away from Minseok's touch, eyes locked with the older's.
 
"L-Luhan..I thought you l-left.." Minseok spoke, eyes blinking as he slowly brought his hands up to touch Luhan's face, as though he hadn't seen the youngger for years.
 
Luhan shook his head, his hand going up to place over Minseok's.
 
"I told you I wasn't going to leave." Luhan could see the small quiver of Minseok's bottom lip, and he let out a sigh of relief to know Minseok was okay.
 
As though all to fast, he noticed the way Minseok's eyes started darting fast at the space behind Luhan, eyes slowly starting to grow a sense of dismay as he shook his head, hands drawing away from Luhan slowly. Minseok's eyes moved fast from Luhan to whatever was behind him. Confused, Luhan glanced over his shoulder, only to find nothing but the wall and a broke television set.
 
When Luhan looked back at Minseok, the older had both his hand tightly gripping his hair, shaking his head, his eyes shut tightly.
 
"SHUT UP!" Minseok yelled, shaking in fear. Luhan blinked at the sudden yell, looking around the room.
 
"Minseok, who are you--"
 
"LIAR! YOU'RE A LIAR! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" Minseok shouted, shaking his head as he let out a scream, a blood-curling scream that sent shivers up Luhan's spine.
 
Minseok started thrashing around, eyes wide as he started grabbing random objects, hurling them at the empty space.
 
"Minseok what are--"
 
"LEAVE ME ALONE! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Minseok screamed, tears streaming down his face as he hurriedly reached over for the knife, chucking it fast. Luhan's eyes widen, quickly ducking as he watched the knife fly past him, hitting the wall with a thud.
 
Minseok started screaming, and Luhan took action before things got worse.
 
"MINSEOK!" Luhan shouted, trying to break through to the older as his screams just got louder and louder. Luhan quickly took Minseok into his arms, the screaming probably loud enough to deafen him but he soothingly rubbed the older's back, locking his arms around the older's small, frail body, prohibiting the older from trying to throw anything else. Minseok struggled against Luhan, screaming for him to let him go, screaming that he has to kill that person, has to kill that person before it's too late.
 
Luhan didn't know how to respond at Minseok's sudden words, shaking his head as he tried to talk to the older, whispering calming words into the older's leader. His screams slowly died down, body becoming rigid, letting the younger hold him as a small son escaped his lips, a sob that tore Luhan's heart as he sat there, in the small confines of Minseok's apartment as he held the trembling boy close to his heart. 
 
 
 
 
--
AUTHOR'S NOTE: HELLO GUYS! I know I said I have homework, but so far I finished some of the assignments needed to be done, so I figured I could fit in one small chapter. Ah, I'm not sure if I should edit this chapter again. I'll think about it. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WROTE. This chapter was basically Luhan's point of view of Minseok's break down. I'm thinking the next chapter I'll write a more thorough, detailed explanation of what really happened to Minseok, and how exactly his apartment ended up like that, but you can already guess, right? Hehe. Anyway, I'll leave you with this! I don't think I'll be updating anytime soon, but I'll probably update the other Xiuhan fanfic I wrote, because I still only have one chapter for that and I really like the idea of it. Comment, leave criticism, or just say hi! All is welcomed here! ^.^ Thanks for reading!
 
Follow me on twitter! Let's talk! ^.^ ((jngdongwoo is my username!)) Mention me and say hiii! c:
 
I also might change my username on AFF. Any suggestions? o u o