Chapter 9

Not Skinny Enough

 

Minseok stared at himself in the mirror, a strong sense of disgust whirling around in his stomach. He had just flushed down his lunch he was forced to eat when Zitao and him went out for dimsum. But he wasn't satisfied, he felt so fat. Xiumin was standing behind him, a smug look on his face.
 
"Are you really going to listen to Zitao?"
 
Minseok blinked, nodding his head. "He only wants what's best for me."
 
"But is Luhan really the best thing for you?"
 
Minseok fidgeted slightly in his place, reaching over to turn the faucet on. "He's the only one who can make me happy.."
 
"No, Minseokie. That is where you're wrong." Xiumin said in a sing-song voice. "You just think he does."
 
"B-But he does.."
 
"Does he really?"
 
Minseok bit his lip, rinsing his hand under the frigid cold water. "I-I don't know..." his voice trailing off, hesitating.
 
"You don't need Luhan. You have me, and you have Zitao. Luhan's just one person that didn't even bother to contact you until he realized you fled the country. Go your seperate ways, and if you somehow end up meeting once again then maybe you could give him a chance again. Maybe he'll end up being a mess. Maybe he'll be the one who needs you."
 
For once, Xiumin was right.
 
--
 
Luhan blinked a bit, a smile daring to break out onto his face, but he wouldn't let that happen and stared at Minseok blankly. 
 
"Why China?" Luhan asked randomly, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 
 
"It seemed like a place where I could get away from everything, and you."
 
Luhan nodded his head, hands shoved into the front of his pockets.
 
"Just because I miss you, doesn't mean things change." Minseok started, biting his bottom lip nervously. "I-I think we should just give eachother some time away from one another."
 
Luhan's face flashed several emotions, all too fast for Minseok to take in. "I-I'm sorry, for ignoring you. P-Please don't do that." Luhan started, voice trembling 
 
Minseok didn't expect that at all, didn't expect for Luhan to be the one close to tears. "It's for the best, and maybe if we ever meet ag--"
 
"No!" Luhan shouted, startling Minseok and waking up the two sleeping boys on the floor. Minseok heard the small whines from the two younger kids, but Luhan started clinging onto Minseok.
 
"I'm sorry. Please don't leave me, please."
 
"L-Luhan, you're making this harder for me.." Minseok hesitated, trying to shake off Luhan.
 
"Then I'll make it easier! Don't leave." Luhan practically pleaded, tears b at the corner of his eyes.
 
Minseok bit at his bottom lip, and he could hear the snicker coming from Xiumin.
 
"How pathetic."
 
Minseok ignored Xiumin, focusing more on the younger. "L-Luhan.."
 
"Please. I promise I'll make things better." Luhan whispered, his arms holding tightly onto Minseok. He suddenly felt that warmth from Luhan he missed ever so much. He could feel the slight tremble from Luhan, the way his chest falls whenever he's breathing. 
 
"I'm sorry, but I can't." Minseok admitted, watching the way the younger's eyes flashed with a sort of pain.
 
Luhan blinked for a moment, just staring up at Minseok. "You can't get rid of me that easily, Minseok." Luhan his lips nervously, hand slowly loosening around Minseok's arm. "You never even gave me a chance to explain."
 
Minseok rolled his eyes, shaking the younger's hand off him in a rather harsh way. "You were BUSY remember? You had work, you had exams. Or was that all just lies you shoved down my throat?"
 
A sort of guilt flickered past Luhan's face, shaking his head as his hands nervously started to pick at his nails. "They weren't lies!"
 
Minseok frowned, shrugging as he walked past Luhan into the kitchen, heading over to the fridge and grabbing out a water bottle. 
 
"I'm not letting you go that easily, I hope you know that." Luhan spoke up, trailing after Minseok. "I know I treated you really ty, but I have my own explanations."
 
Minseok didn't dare look at Luhan's pretty face, choosing to stare at the wall behind Luhan. "Everyone has their own reasons, everyone has their own problems. It just would've been nice if you didn't dig your way out of my life without saying a word."
 
Luhan frowned, chewing softly at his bottom lip. "I didn't mean to. Everything was just-" Luhan groaned, covering his face. "I'm sorry. I want to be a part of you life, not just a minor character in it."
 
Minseok let out a loud sigh, shrugging. "I don't--"
 
"I'm not leaving anytime soon." Luhan cut in, smiling widely. Minseok blinked, nodding his head as he inched away from Luhan.
 
--
 
Luhan called Minseok the week after. Minseok frowned, refusing to answer his phone call as he let it go to voicemail. Luhan called again, and again and again. By the time Luhan gave up, Minseok had over 100 missed calls.
 
Luhan paid a visit to Minseok and Tao's apartment, knocking on the door. Minseok begged Tao not to open the door, but thirty minutes later and Luhan's still knocking on the door, singing random love songs to Minseok, he had to stop Tao from grabbing his Wushu stick and jabbing it right up Luhan's--yeah.
 
Luhan sent Minseok letters, all consisting of three words. "I love you."
 
Luhan sent Minseok music sheets beyond music sheets, to the point where Minseok's desk was completely filled with everything that Luhan gave him.
 
Minseok never read them, he didn't want to. 
 
--
 
As a month passed by, the calls grew less frequent, and Minseok barely got a letter from Luhan anymore, give or take once a week. Minseok noticed this, and he was happy he never gave the younger the second chance he wanted. Even if he knew Luhan would get bored pining over him, Minseok had the slightest hope that, maybe this time, Luhan would've changed. But Minseok knew better than to get his hopes up with someone like Luhan.
 
--
 
Minseok refused to wake up on an early morning. "It's the day we leave China, hyung." Zitao grumbled, pulling at Minseok's blanket, trying to drag the younger away.
 
"Aldhdkd" came Minseok's response.
 
"C'mon, you don't want us to be late!" Zitao whined, storming out of the room.
 
Minseok's eyes widened, shooting up immediately. "I'm up, don't get your Wushu stick!"
 
--
 
Minseok could barely keep his eyes open as he sat there, waiting to board onto the plane. He let out a small sigh, rubbing his temple as he tried to get those thoughts of Luhan and that urge to purge his breakfast out of his mind. That feeling of wanting to throw up slowly disappeared as Luhan completely took over his thoughts, causing him to groan him frustration.
 
"Minseok-ah." He heard a voice infront of him, a voice all too familiar to him. Minseok slowly opened his eyes, blinking several times as he sat up slightly, eyes widened at the other's appearance.
 
"Why are you here?" he questioned, eyebrows furrowing in confusion as his heart started to race against his chest. 
 
"Minseok-ah. I love you." Luhan spoke up, a single rose in his hand as he dressed in a nice suit. 
 
Minseok blinked, and didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say, didn't know how to respond.
 
"Please give me another chance. One month away from you is long enough for me to know how much I need you, how much I miss you." Luhan spoke softly, speaking slowly as though he didn't want to scare the older away from him.
 
Minseok blinked again, shaking his head as a frown played on his lips. "You can't keep doing this! Saying you love me, then ignoring me for a month or two!" Minseok said, angering boiling up inside of him. "You can't expect me to wait for you to come back, apologizing and sweeping me right off my feet. I'm not your toy anymore. Don't play with me for a couple of minutes, and then throw me away after you get bored. I won't let you. Not anymore."
 
Luhan blinked, slightly taken aback at the sudden explosion from the older. Luhan nodded slowly, taking a small step closer to Minseok, twirling the rose in between his two fingers. "I-I know that, Minseok. I know I shouldn't be throwing you around like that, expecting you to continue to wait for me even after. I know that, and I-I'm sorry. But I promise, that won't happen again."
 
Minseok bit his bottom lip, eyes shifting away from the younger's angelic face. 
 
"Minseok-ah." Luhan spoke up soon after. "Please be mine."
 
Minseok lifted his head up slightly, noticing the small tremble in Luhan's hand as he held the rose in front of him. He felt a small blush creep up on his cheeks, biting back a smile threatening to slip past his lips.
 
"I expect three dozens of roses when we get back to Seoul." Minseok commented, taking the rose out of Luhan's hand, twirling it in his own fingers as he smiled up at the younger.
 
 
 
--
AUTHORS NOTE: Hey guys! It's been an exhausting week and everything's just reeallyyy stressful, so forgive me but this chapter is one of my worst in my opinion. The storyline is everywhere and I'm not really proud of where I took this too. >< /sobs. I'll make sure to make the next chapter ten times better! I promise! I'll just need to set things into the right order, and hopefully I'll be able to fix the mess I created with this fanfic. ><  I'm also planning on writing a Hospital!AU for Xiuhan, but it might involve a character death. I already have ideas, but with school I don't know if I'd have the time. Plus, it'll probably be a oneshot. Anyway, comment, criticize, or just say hi! Thanks for reading <3