Chapter 2

Not Skinny Enough

 

WARNING: There's cursing >.< Also forgive me because I'm not very proud at how I wrote this chapter. ; A ;
 
 
Xiumin's vision was coming back to him, and he realized he wasn't in the men's bathroom anymore, rather in someone else's car. He blinked his eyes open, glancing around, eyes immediately darting to the driver's seat in front of him. 
 
"L-Luhan?"
 
"Oh, you regained consciousness." Luhan spoke up, glancing quickly over his shoulder at Xiumin. "I messaged the group that I was going to kidnap you for the night, so they wouldn't.." His voice broke off for a moment.
 
"Uh, yeah so they wouldn't know you practically passed out and wouldn't have to question any further." He muttered, turning his focus back onto the road infront of him, hands gripping the steering wheel. 
 
Xiumin nodded a bit, sitting himself up as he quickly fastened his seat belt in place. "Yeah, uh you can just drop me off back at my place." He muttered, nodding his head as he stared out the window.
 
"You'd think I'd let you go that easily?" Luhan laughed bitterly, shaking his head. Xiumin blinked a bit, taken aback slightly at the harshness in Luhan's voice. "I told the rest I was kidnapping you, so this is me kidnapping you." 
 
Xiumin blinked once, twice, shifting uncomfortably in the car seat as his eyes flickered down to his lap, fidgeting slightly with the seat belt pressed against his chest. He didn't respond for a moment, contemplating whether he'd still be alive if he jumped out the car window now. 
 
"Are you--" Xiumin started off, glancing up at Luhan. "Are you mad?"
 
"Me? Mad? Of course not." replied Luhan, a loud, sarcastic laugh echoed off his lips as Xiumin visibly flinched at the sound.
 
Okay, if I jump out at the next red light, I could probably make it out alive and I could get a good head start away from Luhan and maybe, JUST maybe, I could manage to fly to China and--
 
Xiumin was pulled away from his thoughts when he realized the car had come to a stop, in front of Luhan's apartment building. The car door was opened, and Luhan's head popped in, body arching down to quickly unbuckle Xiumin's seatbelt. Xiumin frowned as Luhan easily scooped him into his arms, kicking the car door closed as he made his way into the building. Luhan was relatively surprised when he found how light and boney the older was, almost afraid of breaking him if he made any sudden turns.
 
Xiumin whined in resistance, trying to pry Luhan's hand from his fat waist, sudden fear growing in his eyes.
 
Wait, his arms are around my waist. Oh no, I-I haven't excercised yet. Do you think he's going to be disgusted by my body? Am I heavy? I should probably tell him to put me down. B-But, he doesn't look disgusted, he looks ... sad. Why is he--
 
"Minseok." Luhan huffed as he climbed up the stairs to his apartment, his grip on Xiumin's waist tightening slightly. Xiumin flinched visibly at the name, pinching Luhan's arm.
 
"One, don't call me that anymore. Two, put me down, I'm capable of walking on my own. Three, c-can I please go home?" Xiumin stuttered out, pouting up at the younger. Luhan rolled his eyes, shaking his head. 
 
"One, no. Two, no. Three, no." Luhan spoke, grinning to himself as he heard Xiumin's small whine again, hitting Luhan's chest. The older decided not to fight the younger, trying to make out a well thought out plan of escaping and running away to China to work in the rice farms. 
 
"Don't even think about it, Kim Minseok." Luhan spoke up, almost as though he had read Xiumin's mind. 
 
--
 
"We look like a couple." Xiumin spoke up as Luhan finally reached his apartment, hand slipping away from Xiumin's waist to search in his pockets for his keys. Xiumin's arms were securely wrapped around the younger's neck (wait when did I ever do that?) trying to steady himself against the younger. After a couple of minutes of searching around, Luhan quickly jiggled the key into the slot, a quick turn and he pushed open the door with his foot, quickly pressing his back against it to close it shut.
 
"A couple?" Luhan asked, throwing his keys somewhere onto the couch. "I bet we make a cute couple."a
 
Xiumin rolled his eyes, loosening his arms around Luhan's neck as he looked around the place. "Ugh, clean up once in awhile."
 
Luhan let out a cheerful laugh, the tension between them noticeably relaxing for the first time since they've left the restaurant. Xiumin prayed that if he continued with the small talks that Luhan would forget what happened.
 
But that's the thing, Luhan can't forget, and probably won't ever forget the blazing image of his best friend's scarred up wrist and the way his best friend practically threw up his dinner into the toliet bowl, looking so happy and content after doing so. He couldn't grasp why his Minseok would do such a thing to himself. What bothered him even more was why his Minseok, his best friend, wouldn't even come talk to him. There's always a reason for everything.
 
-- 
 
The guilt slowly started wrapping around Luhan's heart as he realized just how light his Minseok felt. He realized now how Minseok's bones were sticking out more, and how he rarely started playing soccer with him. He realized how early Minseok slept, declining to Skype with him because he had a long day and was beat, when it was only nine o'clock. He realized the lack of spark in Minseok's eyes, and how dead he looked. It was only now did he realize how sick Minseok looked. How terrifyingly fragile he was. Minseok was slowly driving himself to his death, and Luhan only realized this now.
 
--
 
Luhan slowly let Xiumin down onto his feet, holding him quickly by the waist when Xiumin almost lost his balance, arms clutching onto Luhan's shoulders for support. Xiumin closed his eyes shut, teeth biting into his bottom lip as he tried to steady himself, his vision blurring a bit.
 
"I-I'm okay." Xiumin said, letting out a small breathe as he quickly let go of Luhan's shoulder, standing awkwardly next to Luhan as he glanced around at the messy apartment. It's been awhile since Xiumin's actually stepped foot into Luhan's place. They've both been busy and never really had much time for each other, not like they had to prioritize time for one another, it was just a daily routine to see eachother atleast once a week.
 
Luhan shuffled over to his kitchen, opening the fridge to peer inside. "Want something to.." his voice trailing off as he looked over his shoulder at Xiumin. He was going to offer something to eat but ..
 
"I'm fine, thanks."
 
Luhan nodded his head, padding his way back to where Xiumin was standing, hands buried into his jean pockets.
 
"So when were you going to tell me?" Luhan asked, standing in front of Xiumin.
 
Xiumin looked up, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Tell you what?"
 
"Tell me that you've been hurting yourself!" Luhan spoke, voice raising a higher pitch than before, a frown settling on his face. 
 
"What makes you think I should tell you everything going on in my life? What makes you think I HAVE to tell you everything, huh?" Xiumin retorted, eyes glaring up at the younger. "Is it an obligation for me to tell you what's going on in my life? You don't care, no one does."
 
Luhan's eyes widen at the unexpected reply from the older. The guilt started banging against his chest, trying to break through his ribcage. "I just thought--" Luhan cleared his throat, "I thought you'd come to me with something like this. I-I'm sorry Xiumin. I know I haven't been a great friend these past months, but you know I still care about you a lot, right?" 
 
Xiumin blinked up at the younger, taking in deep breathes as he tried to keep himself standing, feeling his legs about to give out from being so fatigue. "Something like what?" Xiumin let out a sarcastic, boisterous laugh out. "Nothing's wrong with me Luhan-ah. I'm fine."
 
Luhan raised an eyebrow at the older, shaking his head. "Nothing? You're saying nothing's wrong with you when you're practically a walking skeleton?!" 
 
"Nothing is wrong with me." Xiumin replied, voice shaking as he spoke, fist clenched tightly at his side. "I'm ing fine, okay? I don't see what's wrong because nothing's wrong."
 
"There is something wrong with you!" Luhan yelled, eyes flaring in anger at how oblivious Xiumin was. "You're so .. lifeless. You're always so tired, you barely eat. Minseok-ah, please. Y-You need help."
 
Xiumin took in a deep breathe and looked Luhan straight in the eye. " you."
 
 
--
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Wow oh my gosh, already 55 subscribers for this story! ; A ; Thank you so much for those who subscribed, commented, and upvoted, You guys are amaaazing! I'll probably update with Chapter 3 relatively soon, so please anticipate! Comments and criticism are always welcomed! I love you guys o u o <3