Chapter 6

Monsters (a yoonyul zombie fic)

Chapter 6

 

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

-Edward Burke

*

Flashback…

It was around 2 am, Yuri just came home from a 12 hour shift and needed to get some sleep before rising up at 6 to go to work again. But right now, with no Yoona to cuddle, she found it impossible to go to sleep, no matter how exhausted she is.

“Yoong?”

Yuri begs her eyes to open as she scans their bedroom and easily found the girl, legs crossed by the edge of their bed, index cards in tow and books open for reference.

“Yul? You just came from work… Go back to sleep, babe…”

But Yuri refused to sleep without Yoona. She immediately sits parallel to Yoona, taking Yoona’s hand and starts playfully fidgeting their fingers around.

“Why are you still up? You should be asleep right now since you have to do that guest speaker thing tomorrow”

Yuri’s question took Yoona’s attention away from their joined hands. She looks up at the girl, unconsciously heaving a deep sigh.

“I can’t sleep… I guess its because of my nerves, and since I’m already up, I might as used it to practice.”

All of Yuri’s sleepiness goes away as she sees her darling all jitter…

“It’s usually Tiffany or Taeyeon unnie who takes the offer for guest speakers, but they told me to do it this time… for experience they say. But it’s scaring me… It’s like my first time as a doctor to speak in front of people, college students too…”

Yoona sighs once again before plopping on their bed.

They’re always so critical and judgmental that’s why it scares me to do this. Well, practice makes perfect and hopefully I get tired and end up getting sleepy.”

“Well… if it makes you feel better Yoong, you can practice with me right now…”

“What? No…” Yoona shakes her head on their pillow “You have to work early tomorrow…”

“No big deal…”

Yuri just shrugs, slowly pulling Yoona up in a sitting position. Yoona looks hesitant for a bit, before realizing that if she can’t do it in front of Yuri, she can’t do it in front of anyone.

“Ok… here goes… Good morning…”

Yoona smiled, her nerves calming down as she sees Yuri listening to her speech so eagerly. Yoona wonders how Yuri could do it so simply, just calm her down so easily with just a smile and a look. 

If only Yuri would be there tomorrow to watch her, then she knows she would be ok…

“So thank you and have a great day…”

“Yehey!” 

Yoona couldn’t help but laugh at how adorable Yuri looks as she claps cheerfully. 

“You’re not just saying that, right?” Yoona says teasingly

“Oh no…” Yuri shakes her head “I never realize how fascinating your job is, you explained it so well.” Yuri smiles at Yoona “Now I feel like I want to be a medical examiner too…”

Yoona laughs again, while slowly making her way to Yuri… Yuri looks in anticipation, as Yoona straddles on her lap, drawing close whatever distance they have apart.

“How can I ever thank you?”

Yuri blushed softly, looking anywhere else except the beautiful girl in front of her. Yoona grins softly at the shy girl in front of her. She took the hem of her shirt, slowly pulling it off her. 

“Yul?”

Yoona nudges the blushing girl to look up at her.

“Mmmm Yoong?”

“Now I get nervous…” Yoona leans closer, nibbling softly on the sensitive part in Yuri’s neck. “We made love so many times yet you still look nervous when were about to do it…”

Yuri’s blush only grew at the thought… “I just…” Yuri wraps her arms around Yoona’s slim waist, pulling the girl closer to her “I just still can’t believe your mine…”

“Well, believe it…” Yoona smiles, slowly lowering Yuri on the bed.

It was around 2:40 but the two girls have no intention to sleep. How could they when they’re too lost in their addiction like this? Yuri had fallen asleep around 4:15,a few minutes pass and her alarm clock starts blaring, earning a loud disgruntled grunt from Yuri. 

It was 5 am and time to get ready for work…

Yuri rubs her eyes sleepily, stretching the little aching muscles from last night’s heated activity. Yuri grins softly as she sees the gorgeous beauty, sleeping beside her. Yuri knows she had to get ready for work, but still chose to indulge a bit as she looks at the beautiful girl. She pulls the blanket to cover Yoona, before indulging some more seconds to watch Yoona again.

Does she care that she didn’t get enough sleep? 


As she kiss the sleeping girl in the temple, the answer couldn’t be clearer for her. 


She didn’t care at all.


End of flashback

*

Sooyoung looks around the four corners that they were trapped in.

“Oh… were in the elevator…”

“Gosh Soo… You’re such a frickin genius…”

“I know, right?” Sooyoung didn’t realize the sarcasm “It’s like in every situation were stuck in, it’s like a music video waiting to happen…”

As much as the girls want to rant on Sooyoung for not having her head in their situation, truth is, Sooyoung’s corny joke help loosen them a little bit.

But their little break is short lived when they heard the ding of the elevator. And soon, the room was filled with tension again, Yoona quickly clutching on to Yuri as Yuri quickly bolted up, aiming her gun at the door.

“What’s happening? Do those things know how to use the elevator now?”

The elevator door slowly opened, and standing right there, clutching his blooded right arm was a tall, uniformed man…

“A-agent Yang?”

The man struggles to raise his head to see who was in there. He smiled through his clench teeth when he recognized the people inside that elevator.

“Kwon… I knew you were going to make it alive…”

He staggered inside the elevator joining the girls.

“They got my whole team, Kwon… and they nearly got me…”

As much as Yuri respected Agent Yang, right now, the one thing she cares about is everyone’s safety. And if Agent Yang will only threat that, then she has no choice but to take him down.

“W-what happen to you?”

Agent Yang looks up straight into Yuri’s eyes, his gentle gaze has suddenly turned as dark and apathetic as the monsters they encounter.

“If I say I got bit, Kwon… what are you going to do?”

How far can you push a good person until they crumble and get drawn to the other side?

Yuri quickly grabs on to her gun, but he didn’t even flinch since he has a weapon more dangerous of his own.

“I won’t do that, Kwon if I were you…” He says warningly

Yuri quickly drops her hand to her side in defeat, as she know she would be defenseless against him, having the detonator wrapped around his torso.

“All I need to do is press this button and this whole place will blow up to pieces, including us… and trust me, Kwon after everything that happen today… I got nothing to lose.”

“What do you want?”

Agent Yang reached with his bloodied hand the elevator buttons, pressing it to lead them to the third floor.

“We are going to try something since the doctors are here…”

Yuri instinctively steps in front of Yoona…

“What do you need from them?”

“Relax…” Yang’s smile looked more menacing than calming. “Were going to the emergency room and you doc, will have to perform a surgery on me…”

“A surgery?”

“I got bit on my arm… I’m thinking that if you amputate my arm, that there might be a chance that I won’t get infected and turned into them…”

“I hope you understand, agent “ Yoona steps in… “The cause of infection from what we have from our research is most likely viral, which means the virus travels in the blood stream… The virus might have already spread…”

“I SAID I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE…”

Agent Yang was not capable of thinking clearly these days, and Yoona’s logic did nothing but infuriate him. He gritted his teeth in anger, ready to shake the life out of her. But before he could even reached out, he felt the cold nuzzle aimed at his forehead, and Kwon glaring angrily at him while standing protectively in front of the doctor.

“You touch her and I’ll shoot you…”

Yang raises his hands up in mock surrender.

“Oh… I don’t think that it will be too wise to do that, Kwon… So, if I were you… I’d calm down…”

He points his gun at the familiar faces from the medical team back in the department, until the sight of the slender doe eyed beauty caught his attention.

“I pick you…”

Yuri was about to jump on him, but it’s as if Sooyoung knows what her bestfriend is thinking and quickly pulled Yuri away.

Ding.

“Let’s go…”

He points his gun in Yoona’s back, using it to shove her forward.

“HEY!” Yuri says angrily “You don’t need to do that… Get your gun off her.”

“Yuri…”

The girls try to calm Yuri, but there was no calming Yuri right now, swatting their hands away before chasing after Yang.

“You…” He points the gun at Seohyun “And You…” Then he moves his gun to point at Tiffany. “You two are going to assist her in the surgery.”

“We need Dr. Kim with us…”

Agent Yang scowled at the young looking doctor…

“No… the three of you will do…”

“I need you to think this through…” Yoona spoke up again “There is so many risks involve in having this surgery…”

“I ALREADY GOT BIT! I ALREADY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE!”

Yuri has to clench tighter to her shirt, the urge of hurting Agent Yang was getting too damn close. It scares her every time he yells at Yoona. And when it comes to Yoona, Yuri loses all inhibitions…

The girls followed behind the agent and Yoona, before the Agent led Yoona inside the operating room. Yuri was about to walk inside but the Agent quickly points a gun at her.

“Stay there”

“No…”

Yuri was determined to go in, not wanting Yoona to be out of her sight. But all Agent Yang has to do is lift his shirt to show the detonator and Yuri quickly retreated back.

Agent Yang takes out a 9mm glock from his ankle holster and hands it to Yuri.

“Two guns are better than one, Kwon, here. Stand guard there…”

Yuri looks in defeat as the operating room door closes in front of her. In frustration, Yuri smashes her first on the door, making everyone step back.

“Hey… Yoona will be okay, dude…”

Yuri shrugs Sooyoung’s comforting gesture, as she covers her face in frustration.

“Here…” Yuri hands the gun to Sooyoung, “Shoot them if they come out.”

“Where are you going?”

Sooyoung shout out as Yuri walks away. But for once, Yuri couldn’t find herself to answer, and continue to walk away.

*

“What’s that?”

The agent asked in curiosity at the injection that Yoona was preparing.

“It’s anesthesia…”

“Anesthesia? You think I’m stupid? You’re going to used that to poison and kill me…”

Yoona quickly turns to the man with a horrified look in her face.

“I’m a doctor, my purpose is to save lives not end it… I’m preparing the anesthesia because I’m going to perform a risky and painful surgery on you, you need to…”

But agent Yang was not a man of reason, right now he has voices inside of his head, telling him that this doctor is out to kill him.

“Do you know how it feels when someone rips your flesh out of you? I bet you don’t because you have Kwon protecting you… Well, trust me doc… you don’t want to know…”

Yoona takes a deep breath again, hoping it could calm her right now.

“Let us administer regional anesthesia then… it’s…”

“I SAID NO!!!”

Yoona tries to remain calm, closing her eyes to say a silent prayer. The agent carefully observed the beautiful doctor, noticing her remove her engagement ring.

“You’re engage?”

It was the calmest they heard him talk during this entire ordeal.

“Ummm yes…”

Yoona clutches her engagement ring tighter, hoping to draw strength in it before she puts it back in her pocket.

“So, it is true? You’re with Kwon?”

“Yes…”

The room was filled with choking tension again, the only sound where from Yoona, Tiffany and Seohyun laying the instruments out for the operation.

“Me too…”

The agent breaks the silence, making the doctors turn to him. The agent who was once so strong willed and maniacal now looks so human, vulnerable, distraught and in pain. His hand covering his eyes, teeth clenching tightly hoping to stop the tears.


“It’s so unfair” The agent continued “I worked so God damn hard to be this good man, so I could provide for her, for our family and then this sh!t happens! Were going to be married next month… We argued a few nights ago, because I work too much and she got on me because I’m not helping out with our wedding.”

Agent Yang tried to laugh through his tears.

“She made me sleep on the couch that night, when I woke up I felt so happy because she made me lunch for work. And I said to myself, when I come back for work tonight I’ll make it up to her.”

Yoona looks away, unsure of what kind of reaction she could give to the already disheartened agent.

“Let’s all pray that this surgery will work…” Yoona says reassuringly “And your wedding might be delayed for awhile but I’m sure you two will be together again…” Yoona tries to force a hopeful smile.

Agent Yang’s once gentle gaze came back, smiling as he nods.

“Her name is Seungyeon… she looks snobby but when you get to know her, she’s the sweetest person you know and she got a bad sense of humor but… she’s…” Agent Yang smiled as he remembers her.

“It’ll be ok, Agent… Now… try to relax and bite on this…”

Agent Yang who was once so determined to get saved have now started shaking his head.

“Just tie a bandage on it, to stop it bleeding for awhile doc and let’s get this over with.”

“What?”

The three doctors exchange confused looks at the agent’s request.

“Please. I need you to do it!” He hissed impatiently…

Yoona hurriedly went over to him, carrying bandages and materials to dress up his wound. She slaps on her sterile gloves and starts to clean his wound.

“Go… go the two of you…”

“Yoong…”

“I’ll be okay…” Yoona stops before Tiffany could say anything.

The two girls sighs in defeat before going out the room.

“We will wait outside.”

*

Agent Yang let Yoona walked out the room first, the two quickly search the hallway for the same person.

“Where is Yuri?”

“Where is Kwon?”

The two asked in the same time…

“She went that way…” Sooyoung points to their north

Yoona was about to chase after Yuri, but Agent Yang clenches on her arm.

“I’ll go after her, if I were you… I’d gather all the medical supplies. Because trust me, you will need it.”

The girls watch in confusion as Agent Yang went to go after Yuri.

*

“Kwon!” Agent Yang has his gun up, looking at the mirror to tell him where Yuri might be in that bathroom. He spotted the dark haired girl at the end of the cubicles.

“Kwon… What the?” He said in surprise as there lying in front of them, was a bloodied corpse lying in a pool of blood, his head smashed to a pulp to where bone and brain were in distinguishable.

Agent Yang quickly turns to Yuri in fear… “What did you do?” He starts to shake her “Did he bit you?”

“No…’” Says the bloodied girl, wiping the blood off her face with the back of her sleeve. “He was just waiting for the kill in one of the cubicles, but I got him first, smash his head into toilet until there is nothing to smash anymore. I didn’t even have to use a gun.”

“Are you crazy?!” He continued to shake her “What if he got to you?! Think of the doctor!”

Yuri clenches her teeth madly, before shoving him away.

“She’s the only one I think about! People constantly saying to my face how I could never protect her.”

It was as if the role had reversed now Yuri was fuming while Agent Yang remained calmed.

“I had enough, I’m going to prove it to people telling me that I can’t protect her. You…” Yuri aims her gun at him “Starting with you.”

“And what? You’re going to shoot me now?”

Yuri clicks her gun, ready to take the offer.

“I might.”

Agent Yang steps closer, fearless of what Yuri might do.

“You won’t. Because you are good person. You can never kill anyone. Unless you needed to protect the ones you love.”

Yuri tries to remain a steady gait but finds herself shaking. Agent Yang steps carefully towards her, slowly taking the gun away from Yuri’s grip.

“I know how you feel, Kwon… You are a good person and people could see that so they push you to the edge. But you have to keep it together, even if nobody does. This is not going to help you or your team get out of this place. Trust me… They need the level headed Kwon, not the one who listens to her monsters, but the one who acts on her better judgment.”

“You made it this far Kwon, don’t screw it up by acting like a maniac.”

“So, is that what happen to you too? You are a good man agent, but did they push you too far that’s why you try to do this?”

The agent bit his trembling lower lip willing to reason with the agitated detective.

“What’s done is done. I have to face it. And I apologize if I scared you or your team, but when you’re running out of options you tend to listen to the devil speaking to you.”


Yuri could see the agent’s eyes slowly b with tears.


Yuri stood still, watching the agent heaving his shaky breath.

“I’m going to be married next month and all I want is to forget about this and marry her… And you know how that feels right? When you have somebody you love, you will do everything just so you can be with them.”

Yuri looks away, even if she disagreed with what the agent did, she knew that if she was put in the same situation as him, she might do the same.

“I do…” Yuri softly answers back…

“You try so hard to be a good person all your life yet life would still screw you up like this…” His tears got the best of him again. “I never wanted the ranks or the position, all I wanted was to provide for her, for our future. That’s all I ever wanted, that’s why I work so hard and try to be the best man that I could be, and now I have to face the truth that I could never be with her again.”

“Agent… What if your idea would work?”

“No it won’t, Kwon…” Agent Yang said through his tears “Thank you for reassuring me but… you are right the first time, this procedure won’t work. The moment they bit me, I know, I was good as dead… But the thought of not being with her again, that something I could never live with.”

The agent took a note and from his pocket, starts scribbling in it. Folding it in half before handing it to Yuri.

“Her name is Seungyeon Han, please give this to her when you get out of here.”

Yuri takes the note with shaky hands, nodding painfully. The agent digs into his pocket before handing the keys to Yuri.

“Take the elevator and go to parking lot J, you would see our vehicle would be in the far left. I’m not sure how many zombies are there right now, just run… don’t act like a hero and try to take them down. Sometimes being a hero is making the right decisions for your team, not going out in the field, exposing yourself to danger.

“B-but… what about you?”

“I need to detonate this bomb from the inside, it’s what was asked of me to do.”

“B-but…”

“This hospital is like the breeding ground of these creatures, if I’m able to at least take them down then, the ones on the outside won’t be too much to take down. I will give you two hours to escape this hellhole. So, please do your best to make it out alive.”

Agent Yang exhales a deep and shaky breath before turning to the detective.

“I want to die a decent man, Yuri… At least I know I would make her proud.”

Yuri nods through her tears, before bowing down to the man.

“She would be… I promise you…”

“So, clean yourself up Kwon.” He said in authority “And don’t ever let anything else take over you again.”

Yuri nods, going to the sink and starts cleaning the blood of her.

“And one more thing…”

Yuri looks up from the restroom toilet and saw Agent Yang looking straight at her.

“Jang Geun Suk…”

Yuri’s face was drained out of every color as she heard the name.

“Find him, he knows more about this more than anybody.”

*

Yoona quickly wraps Yuri in an embrace the moment she steps out of the restroom. Yoona tilts Yuri’s face towards her, kissing the girl softly in the lips.

“Let’s go now…”

*

The ride down in the elevator was quiet, no one spoke, no one could find the right words to speak about.

“Soo… cover the back, I’ll take the front. Were not going to fight them unless we have to, the thing we need to do is go to that truck.”

“And when we see them, we hide…”

The girls try to go as quietly as possible, tiptoeing as they walk to the truck. Yuri and Sooyoung staying alert for any movement, any sound that might have gone unnoticed.

“Yul…” Sooyoung hushed…

Yuri quickly turns around and spots a lone zombie staggering towards them. Yuri just shakes her head, telling Soo to not worry about it.

UUUUUUUAAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH

Yuri turns around again but that one zombie had turned into more, a swarm of them coming from their south. Yuri quickly led the girls to a corner, squeeze behind a sedan and a crossover. Yuri looks up and saw how that the truck is still far from them. Making the team run to the vehicle would be stupid and dangerous…

“You guys hide, I’ll go to the truck and take out as many as them. I’ll bring the truck closer and I need you guys to come out and get in as quick as possible.”

Yoona grips her hand on Yuri, not wanting Yuri to go in this alone.

“I’ll be ok…” Yuri whispers, kissing Yoona on the lips.

Yuri starts weaving from car to car, while glancing back and forth, keeping the horde of zombies at bay as she goes to the truck.

“Crap…”

Yuri hissed under her breath, when she bumps into a car, activating a car alarm. Now the whole parking lot was blaring with the car sound,

“UUUUAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH….”

Without even looking back, Yuri quickly sprints towards the truck easily attracting the mob of zombies who have now identified her as their prey.

Yoona could feel her heart beating out of her chest, feeling so useless as she was just waiting there, just watching Yuri run for her life.

“It’ll be okay…” Tiffany coos the worried girl, pulling the trembling girl towards her.

“Soo! You God damn Idiot! What are you doing?” Hyoyeon hissed as she sees Sooyoung climbing on top of a van.

Bang.

Sooyoung smirks smugly as she sees one zombie down on the ground.

“That is what I’m doing…”

Yuri turns around at the sound of the gun shot, and smile thankfully as she sees Sooyoung standing a few feet away.

“Go Yuri, Go! I’ll distract them.”

“Bang.

The group of undead had started to gather towards Sooyoung’s direction.

“She did it, Yoong… she did it…”

Tiffany says happily as they see Yuri made it to the truck. Yuri shakily tries to open the truck door, before jumping in. Her nerves were still clattering making it hard for her to put the key to the ignition. Yuri looks up and sees two zombies approaching the vehicle.

Yuri growls, gripping hard on the steering wheel before stepping on the accelerator.


“GO! GO! GO! Meet Yuri halfway!”

Sooyoung commands the girls to start running to the truck.

“What about you?”

“I’ll hold them in…” Sooyoung grits her teeth as continued firing “Just go… go!”

The group of girls fleeing, grabs the zombies attention, as they move away from Sooyoung and starts going to the girls direction. Sooyoung took this advantage of shooting the rest as they had their backs on her.

Yuri press harder on the accelerator going to 60 mph as she tries to reach the girls before the zombies She quickly slams on the brakes as she finally got to them, she hurriedly put the truck on park as the girls starts climbing in the backseat.

Bang.

A zombie’s face got blown away, dropping to the ground as Yuri shot him.

“Move!” Hyoyeon tells Yuri to move out of the front seat. “You’ve done enough, let me and Sooyoung handle this.”

Yuri smiles thankfully at Hyoyeon before scooting to the passenger seat, her breathing starts getting heavier as she finally tries to calm down.

“Yuri…” Jessica coos as she was about to sit by Yuri, but she ultimately forgot that Yoona was right behind her, yanking her away before she could even try and join Yuri.

“Go sit on the back…” Yoona says warningly, before climbing in the passenger seat by Yuri.

Jessica scowls as she went to the backseat, grumbling at the doe eyed girl who now have Yuri nestled in her arms.

“Get off me…”

Jessica quickly jumps off the fuming girl’s lap.

“I’m sorry you were so small, I thought you were a chair.”

“WHY YOU?!”

“That’s enough! Open the door for Sooyoung!”

“SOO!”

Sooyoung starts to climb of the van.

UARGH!

But before the zombie could grab on her, she shoots him in the forehead.

“SOO! HURRY!”

“DOES IT LOOK LIKE I’M WALKING TO YOU?! I’AM HURRYING!!!! OOOOOFFFFF!!!”

The girls start grabbing on Sooyoung’s clothes, pulling the lanky girl on the backseat with them.

“WE GOT HER!”

“Alright…” Hyoyeon takes a deep breath as she sees the mob of zombies that are about to gather around them. “Hold on tight, cause trust me, it’ll be a bumpy ride.”

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

The girls could only scream in horror as Hyoyeon starts running over every zombie that were heading their way, torsos and body part slamming into the truck’s hood and windshield, resulting in, splatters of ooze and membranes on the truck’s windows. Seohyun covers , starting to get dizzy at Hyoyeon’s driving.


“WHOOOOOOHHHH!!!!!”

The girls shouted in glee as Hyoyeon finally drives out of the parking lot.

“We made it out, baby...” Yoona whispers softly to Yuri, who’s eyes are slowly drooping from fatigue. Yuri nods drowsily before laying her head on Yoona’s chest.

*

From the hospital window, Agent Yang forced a weak smile as he sees the truck speeding out of the hospital lot.

“Good job, Kwon…”

He clenches his teeth, screwed his eyes shut while feeling the button in his hand. He nods to himself accepting his defeat.

He takes his radio from his vest and does his final command.

“Tell everyone to step back…”

*

“STEP BACK! STEP BACK! STEP BACK!!!!”

Daesung starts screaming at everybody, frantically waving at everyone to go as far as they could.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK”

The trembling Taecyeon hides behind Daesung as he sees the whole hospital just bursting out in flames, the glasses starts shattering and the building starts to collapse…

“WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!” Daesung pushes the shrieking Taecyeon away and runs to a pretty girl who was about to run to the burning building. “You can’t go in there…”

“B-but… Seungho… he’s there… he probably got out…” She tried to remained hopeful despite of the tears flooding from her eyes. “Can you guys check the surroundings? Maybe he’s around here somewhere…”

“No… ummm… Agent Yang.” Daesung bows his head in defeat “He is the one who set up the bomb. He…”

He stops when he saw her taking a shaky step away.

“Agent Yang… he’s… he’s a good man.” He says reassuringly.

She just shakes her head, nothing and nobody could ever reassure her now.

“It doesn’t matter. He’s dead now.”

TBC


 

NExt part scroll more... :blink: :coffee: :pc: 




PART 2





Flashback

“Mmmmm…”

Sooyoung’s eyes gleamed as she takes a bite of the chocolaty goodness of the donut.

“Soo?”

“Wae? You want one too?” Sooyoung offers her half bitten donut at the girl on the driver seat.

“No ummm…”
“Are you sure?” Sooyoung teases, shoving the donut closer to Yuri’s face “Once its gone, it’s gone.”
Yuri just shakes her head, turning her gaze again to the street.

Sooyoung follows Yuri’s eyes and saw the girl looking at the flower display in front of the flower shop.

“Those roses are pretty…” Sooyoung nods before shoving the rest of the donut in .

“They are, aren’t they?”

Sooyoung sees Yuri turning away, focusing her attention in front of her.

“I bet doc would like those…”

Yuri turns to Sooyoung with hopeful eyes…

“C’mon… what girl doesn’t like to get flowers? Right?” Sooyoung wriggles her brow at Yuri, making the other girl chuckle. “Especially if their crush gave it to them? Eh? Eh?” Sooyoung jokingly nudges Yuri on the elbow earning a cute blush and a goofy smile from the girl.

Yuri blushed at the thought, how lucky can she be? She was Im Yoona’s crush…

“Just go… lover girl…” Sooyoung shoves Yuri…

“What?”

“I’ll cover for you dude, I think criminals are on vacay today so go wherever you want to go. Sooyoung is a tough girl, they’re going to be scared of me.”

Yuri smiles thankfully before nodding happily.

“Thanks Soo…”

Sooyoung salutes Yuri, who happily jumps out of the car.

*

Yuri tries to walk as quietly as possible inside the auditorium. She got a pretty rose bouquet in hand, while she takes in a seat at the very back. She could feel her heart beating so rapidly, as she was nervous along with Yoona. 

But as she listens to Yoona’s speech, full of confidence, informative yet exciting she realized that she has nothing to worry about.

“She’s so beautiful…”

And Yuri couldn’t help but puff her chest in pride as she listens to the students raving about her girl’s beauty.

“I know… and she’s a doctor too… How perfect can she be?”

Yuri smiles proudly, the student couldn’t be more right, Yoona was just perfect.

Yoona exhales a sharp breath, she was halfway through her speech but she was still feeling a bit jittery. But the response has been positive though, there had been no smartass retorts and everyone still seems to have their focus on her.

She looks up, and couldn’t help but smile as she sees the raven haired beauty smiling at her from the back of the auditorium.

Yuri had come to see her… She stares back down on her notes, a gorgeous smile still playing on her lips. The same gorgeous smile, that has everyone in that auditorium can’t help but fall for.

“Let’s continue from the…”

After her speech, the ancient looking professor walks up to the stage, clapping excitedly.

“Everyone let’s give Dr. Im a big round of applause for coming here and sharing her knowledge on forensics… Ok, we have some time left for Dr. Im to tackle on some questions.”

The whole place was loud with cheers and claps for the beautiful doctor, everyone raising their hands to get a chance to talk with Yoona.

“I have a question…” A ruggedly handsome man slouched in his chair raised his hand smugly.

“Yes. Mr. Park?” The professor rolls his eyes

“Ummm doctor… I’m sure everyone in this room is wondering the same question right now?” He asks in a smug tone “But doctor, we just want to know, are you dating anybody?”

Even from a far, Yoona could see how Yuri quickly lowers her gaze to the floor. Yuri’s reaction was just too cute for Yoona, that she couldn’t help but gush inside.

“Mr. Park that’s irrelevant…”

The professor tries to calm his students down, but each one of the students were almost jumping on their feet, eager to know if the beautiful doctor is attached.

Yoona was blushing softly from the question, she looks back at the auditorium, smiling sweetly at the gorgeous girl who owns her.

“Yes. I’ am. I’m very happy with my significant other right now.”

“Oooooohhhhh…”

The sound of disappointment was obvious for everyone in that room, except for Yuri who couldn’t help but feel special.

“Thank you for having me here…” Yoona bows down politely “Have a great day.”

Yoona couldn’t even step down from the podium without the students revering around her. She wanted to go over her girl right now, but she didn’t want to be rude, answering questions and explaining more of her discussion.

Yuri just let Yoona walk ahead, smiling amusingly as she watches Yoona chatting with more college students who are either eager to learn or eager to flirt.

But Yoona didn’t pay attention to the students flirting with her, she was preoccupied with the girl walking behind her.

After the hype died down, Yuri finally catches up to her step, walking right beside Yoona. She shyly tilts the gorgeous rose bouquet towards Yoona…

“For me?” Yoona teases the smiling girl beside her, as she takes the bouquet.

Yuri answers her by nodding her head like a child who just earned an A from her teacher.

“Thank you…” Yoona lifts the bouquet to her nose, inhaling its sweet scent. “You came…” Yoona coos excitedly.

“I wanted to cheer you on…”

Yoona starts to tickle Yuri softly on the side earning a dopey smile from Yuri.

“You did, gorgeous…”

“Ummm… Dr. Im… Dr. Im…”

There was nothing threatening or even out of the ordinary with the male student running towards them. In fact, he was boyishly handsome and look quite charming. 

“Dr. Im…” The guy starts heaving from the chase. “Hi doctor, I’m Jang Geun Suk, I’m a medical student, I’m not in Professor Han’s class but when I heard you were going to lecture I immediately skip my class so I could watch you.”

Yuri just turns her gaze in the sky, trying to hide the fact that she felt something odd about him. She couldn’t pinpoint the reason why, could she be jealous or is there something else about that worries her about him?

“You could imagine how many lectures I have to sit in, but out of all of those, you’re definitely the best one in there.”

Yoona swallows her lips, trying not to be so obvious how she was enjoying seeing Yuri jealous.


“Oh thank you…” Yoona bows politely, looking up to see Yuri scuffing her shoes on the grass hiding the obvious frown on her face.

“Is it okay, if I ask you something?”

“Of course if it’s relevant to my work. I will be glad to help out.”

“Well… It wasn’t in your discussion today, but since you’re a forensic expert I’m sure you’re probably aware of this issue, and I’m curious to what your opinion is about it.”

“Oh okay…”

“If I can ask you something, it’s about cannibalism…”

Yuri’s ears popped out from his bizarre inquiry.

“Cannibalism?” Yoona wonders what could make him ask that when it’s not even in her speech. “Honestly, I have never encountered a case like that…”

But instead of stepping away, his face was just filled with wide eye amusement.

“But doesn’t that fascinate you?”

Yoona unconsciously turns to Yuri, she does that now, when she worries or starts to get scared, she turns to Yuri, as if asking for Yuri’s protection.

“A human eating another, doesn’t fascinate me, it sickens me actually…”

“Maybe you’re not doing the right research, Doctor. As you may know, Cannibalism it’s a sign of power for some cultures. They devour the flesh of their enemies as part of their practice. It was also practiced during the great famine as a means of survival.”

“Done by primitive people, Mr. Jang.”

“Yes, but what do we know, doctor? For all we know tribes from other countries still have this practices until today. I have been reading some scientific researches about it. I red in one research that there is a part of every human brain that when triggered can cause them to be voracious enough to develop an appetite for human flesh.”

“I have never heard of such study being conducted, and personally I think cannibalism is more of a psychological issue than a physiological one…”

But instead of getting intimidated, he took it as a challenge. His lips curve into a devilish grin, the same grin that have troubled Yoona and haunted her in her nightmares.

“So, are you saying they’re insane?”

Yuri turns to her heels, she was about to step in as she felt a threat on her darling. But Yoona looks at her giving her a sign that she will be okay.

“Yes. I do…”

“Ok… It was nice to talk to someone about this. But I hope you’re more open minded over this subject doc.”

“There’s nothing to be open minded about… Murder is murder.”

There was that slick grin again traveling through his lips.

“No, doctor… It’s a sign of power.”

End of flashback

*

Yuri bolted up from her sleep, sweaty, shivering from her nightmare.

“It’s ok…” Yoona shush Yuri, pulling Yuri back to her embrace. “Go back to sleep…”

“Look at this place…”

Yuri flutters her eyes open, she was expecting a blood bath but instead it was like driving in a suburban dream.

The girls stares out the car window, feeling like they woke up from a terrible nightmare as the truck drive through a quaint, suburban neighborhood with kids playing by the side of the streets, housewives chatting happily.

“Are we?” Taeyeon looks around surprisingly “Are we living in the same world?”

“How come?” Sooyoung couldn’t piece out what she’s seeing “Did it really happen? It happened, right? That thing in the hospital?”

Hyoyeon turned into a driveway of a two story home…

“This?” Jessica raised her brow as she looks at the ordinary home “This is supposed to be a lair of an evil genius?”

Taeyeon scoffs.

“Yup. Soon- Kyu Lee, genius… perfect plan, hiding in plain sight.”


Jessica looks more surprised as she sees the cutesy, short girl bouncing towards them. When they said Soon-Kyu Lee was an evil genius, she expected girl with crazy hair, thick spectacles and well… not like this.

“Yoona!!!” The girl was bouncing happily towards Yoona, when she froze crinkling her nose in disapproval… “Ewwww… you guys need to seriously get in the shower…”

“Oh… why didn’t I think of that? Oh yes… I know… because I’m getting chased by zombies…”

“Pffft… always the smartass, huh Taengoo?”

Sunny turns to the dark haired girl who steps out from the vehicle.

“Ohhhh… super girl is here…” Sunny quickly bounce over to Kwon Yuri

“Thank you for accepting us in your home, doc” Yuri bows politely…

“No biggie… All of these girls look like crap, but you with your messy hair, all the blood and torn clothes, you just brought iness to a whole new level Detective… no wonder Yoona just wants to devour you.”

Yoona quickly blushed…

“Unnie please…”

“Oh c’mon… I’m sure that’s what you’re thinking… And besides” She motions Yoona to come closer “I have a sound proof room if you want…”

Yoona quickly stands up right, her blush never leaving her face.

“Come in you guys before my neighbors get suspicious.”

*

“So, you guys were hungry, huh?” Sunny says sarcastically as she sees the girls (Sooyoung mostly) wolfing all the food that was served in front of them.

“Are you going to eat that?” Sooyoung pointed to Yoona’s plate, but Yuri quickly steps in before Sooyoung could even try.

“Eat from your own, Soo…”

“Pffft…” Sooyoung scoffs, as she scrapes the last morsels of rice from her plate. “Oh thank you…” she says happily as a gorgeous young woman puts more food on her table.

“Oh yes… How could I forget…” Sunny slaps her forehead. “This is Hyomin…”

The pretty Hyomin girl bows politely…

“We met in one of the research conventions, she’s my life partner.”

“Your wife?” Seohyun asks

“Pffft…” Sunny waves the other girl off “The word wife is so overrated, the rate of success in marriage is 50 percent. For me wife, can turn into ex wife and I don’t want that. Life partner is the right term, it means you two are in it together for life. You should think about it Yoong…”

Sunny points her chopstick at Yoona’s engagement ring. Yuri looks at the ring in Yoona’s hand, before blinking thoughtfully at Sunny’s suggestion.

“I know the perfect guy who can arrange everything from the ceremony to the legalities of it.”

“Oh ok…” Yuri nods eagerly.“If its not such a bother to you doc, can I have his number?”

Yoona unconsciously looks away, trying to hide from everyone how giddy she was feeling right now, having Yuri talking about their marriage. It’s too bad the red flush on her cheeks were giving her away so obviously.

“Of course you can… Detective…”

“Thank you…” Yuri nods thankfully before gazing towards Yoona…

Yuri smiles at Yoona, before returning to her meal, unconscious how she just made everyone felt so envious. Jessica mostly.

“y and super faithful…” Tiffany whispers to Yoona “Nice catch” She jabs Yoona’s rib playfully.

Jessica just let out a low grunt, obviously she never had a chance with Yuri.

“God…” Jessica groans lightly “Is there even someone out there for me?” She mutters under her breath,

She looks up and immediately growls as she was sitting face to face with the dwarf who is busy getting something stuck inside her teeth.

“What?” Taeyeon asks…

“Nothing…” Jessica looks away… “God… why are you like that?”

The girls ate in peace, until they saw a breaking news in the television.

This just in… A fire broke out in General Mercy hospital around 2:30 pm this afternoon. Fire marshals and firefighters are working to put out the fire. There are no reported survivors.

“They have to do that you know…”

Everyone turns to Sunny.

“The government… they have to cover up the incident with fire, better that than saying the place is infested with those things.”

“Do you know anything about this?”

“Me? Maybe…” Sunny shrugs before going back to her meal.

“So, you don’t?”

“Listen Taeyeon…” Sunny barked at Taeyeon “I devoted three years trying to uncover this, I have sources, yet none of them are pointing me to the right direction. we don’t have the resources to push this study forward, my connections from the west are as baffled as we are. Right now, the only thing we could is eradicate the ones from the outside the hospital.”

“But isn’t it harder since you don’t know where they’re coming from?” Seohyun wonders.

Sunny smiles sneakily at the young doctor.

“I will let you in on a little secret. You know the video surveillance cams you see in the streets, I have programmed them to where I have them wired up to my computer. I have a visual from a 5 mile radius and if we, me and Hyomin notice any suspicious activity. We get rid of it quickly.”

“Kill zombies together… How romantic…” Taeyeon snorts sarcastically…

It’s called damage control, that’s the most that I can do for now.”


“That’s weird… I thought you will be all vengeful and stuff, seeing how the bosses didn’t back you up with your theory. Now… why didn’t you just let them handle it?”

“Because I want to handle it… And right now, having the public panicking will only delay my research, this matter needed to be as hushed as possible."


"And here I was thinking you are concern about the public."


"I'am... I just have my own way of showing it. The hospital where you girls might have been is infested with those things. But me and Hyomin already went there for our research. We even went as far as doing an MRI scan, but all we know is that it’s a virus that affects the part of the central nervous system of the brain. We need to study about that virus, but obtaining it is harder than it looks. Life threatening and hazardous as you can think.”

“Ahhhh…” Sooyoung pats her stomach satisfyingly “Isn’t this a good topic over dinner? Zombies?”

The rest of the girls just sighs heavily.

“If I were you ladies, I would stop worrying about this. Were safe now…”

Taeyeon takes a deep breath…

“For now…”

***


Taeyeon took a deep breath not wanting to interrupt as she sees Sunny and Hyomin playfully laughing in the backyard balcony.

“Ahem…” Taeyeon clears , stepping in sight of the couple.

“Oh Taeyeon…” Sunny steps away from Hyomin.

“Let me go ahead and check if the girls need anything.” Hyomin suggested before bowing politely at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon takes another deep breath before leaning over the balcony rails.

“So, how you been?” Taeyeon wonders.

“Happy, still pretty and this research it’s what keeps me going. How about you?”

“Happiness is overrated…” Taeyeon sighs “It felt different when you left.”

“Pffft…” Sunny dismissed it, sipping some of her drink “You were always trying to bite my head off at work.”

“I saw you as my biggest rival that’s why. Taeyeon snorts lightly “I mean, Yoona, Fany and Seo, they’re very intelligent and amazing with their work. But they are always by the book, never stepping outside the possibilities. Unlike you…I guess…” Taeyeon shrugs before heaving a huge sigh again “I’m sorry I never backed you up, truth is, even if my gut was telling me that you had a point, the fact is…”

“On facts, the facts now is there is something going on out there and none of us knows the reason why. The only source I have is this man called Jang Geun Suk, and right now he just vanished from the face of the Earth.”

“Is he dead?”

“Nobody knows…”

“Ummm unnie…”

The two girls turned around to see Yoona walking over hesitantly towards them.

"I'm sorry for interrupting... I just want to ask if you have an ice pack maybe?"

Sunny’s eyes were soon filled with mischief. “Do you need it to do something ?”

Yoona's eyes widened in embarrassment.

“What? NO!” Yoona shakes her head like crazy “It’s just that Yuri is so banged up that…”

“You’re going to bang her up more?”

“I…. unnie please…”

“Kekeke… just asks Hyomin…”

Yoona bows down thankfully, as she tries to hide her blush before going away.

“I think were going to have a higher chance of survival now that Yuri is here.”

“I guess you are fan girl too, huh?”

“Who wouldn’t be? She’s a y mo-fo that Kwon…”
Taeyeon rolls her eyes…
“What? I can look as long I don’t touch… And trust me, I have all the things I can touch with Hyomin…”
“Pffft… …”
“I learned from the best.” Sunny says playfully before casting a knowing glance at Taeyeon.
*

Yuri winced in pain as she slowly pulls of her shirt, but she stops when she felt a pair of hands holding her shirt .

“Raise your arms, babe…”

Yoona couldn’t help but feel useless as she sees Yuri cringing in pain. The sight of Yuri’s body almost bluish and purple from the bruise and wounded from what happened, felt like a hard punch on Yoona’s guts.

“Don’t worry…” Yoona scoots closer, pressing light, feathery kisses on every inch of Yuri’s skin. “I’ll take care of you…”

Yuri looks at herself, unconsciously cringing as she sees how badly bruised up she was.

“It’s not as bad as it looks…” She lies, hoping not to worry Yoona.

“Oh it’s not?” Yoona played along, turning in the shower knob making sure the hot water wouldn’t scald Yuri.

“No…” But Yuri was obviously lying as she writhed in pain everytime Yoona pressed the towel lightly.

“Okay…” Yoona smiles softly, watching as Yuri has her eyes close, relishing every second.

And the two remained quiet for the entire time, words weren’t necessary, it was obvious how they truly felt with every touch.

*

Seohyun was skipping happily, so eager to finally get herself clean in the shower.

“Oh, right on time…” Seohyun mumbles as she sees the bathroom door open. She continues to hum softly, waiting for her turn but quickly stop when she comes face to face with Yoona and Yuri coming out.

“S-seo?” Yoona’s eyes look like they were caught in headlights

“Ummm… Yoona?”

For once Yuri wasn’t the one protecting Yoona, as she hides behind Yoona’s back obviously embarrassed of getting caught.

“We… well… I’m assisting Yuri since ummm… you know… she got injured…”

“Yes. Yes. As doctors it’s our duty to make sure of the people’s wellbeing” Seohyun believed every word that Yoona said.

“Yes of course, that’s all there is to it.” Yoona agreed awkwardly.

“Yes. Well, if you need any help Detective, I’m willing to assist Dr. Im.”

“I will doctor, thank you…” Yuri mumbles, before ending up bobbing her head in a nod.

Yoona steps in front of Yuri, when she catches Seo unconsciously her lips as she eyes Yuri.

“Don’t worry Seo, I can take care of Yuri.”

That was enough to snap Seohyun back to reality.

“Well, I will shower now.” Seohyun says almost robotically…

“Go on ahead…”

*

“I’m okay, Yoona… I promise…” Yuri nodded eagerly, but Yoona wasn’t convince motioning Yuri to lay on her stomach.

“You’re not going to heal properly if you keep being stubborn like this…”

Yuri was as usual obedient to whatever Yoona has to say, turning around as Yoona slowly climbs on the bed beside her.

Yuri had second thoughts about her decision when she ends up hissed through her clench teeth everytime Yoona would put the ice pack on her back.

“Shhh… shhh…” Yoona coos hoping to comfort Yuri. Seeing, how Yuri still has her eyes shut tight as if trying to hide her pain, Yoona leans closer, spreads Yuri’s fingers before locking their hands together

“It’s ok, babe… I’m here…”

She could feel Yuri’s grip clenching tightly whenever the ice has contact with her bruise. But seeing that it’s not helping soothe Yuri, Yoona set the ice pack on the bedroom desk, before leaning over, pressing soft kisses down Yuri’s back.

The light kisses were gentle, enough to soothe every pain scorching in Yuri’s body right now. Yuri squeezed Yoona’s hand tightly, enjoying the feel of her hands in hers.

A smile crossing Yuri’s lips as she relish in Yoona’s touch. It has always been like this even if they had just started dating, just one touch, one smile from Yoona and no pain or anything else in the world seem to matter anymore, as long as Yoona was with her.

Yuri could feel her eyes drooping in surrender, any second now and Yuri was off to her dreams…

Flashback…

“Is something wrong?”

It must have been obvious to Tiffany that something was bugging Yoona when the girl can’t even work without checking her phone every 5- no- 1 minute.

“Ummm… well…” Yoona quickly stuff her phone in her lab coat’s pocket, before frowning at Tiffany.

“I know something is wrong so you better tell me… Before I ask Yuri.”

“Yuri? What makes you think she has something to do with this?”

“Because…” Tiffany smiles teasingly… “Because you’re just head over heels about her and… I know you, nothing ever unfazed you but one text from Yuri and you’re all jumpy like a school girl with a crush.”

Schoolgirl with a crush, can’t an adult have a crush too?

“I’m just… worried she’s been sick this whole week…”

“Oh… Is your lovin that good that you got her preggers?” Tiffany’s smile was full of sly hints.

“What? No… She’s been like coughing, and having a hard time breathing…” Yoona couldn’t help but worry more at the thought “I’m just like waiting for a text… I feel so bad because I can’t go with her to the doctor, Sooyoung unnie had to do it. I’m just waiting for a text on how the check up went…”

“Awww… Yoong…” Tiffany rubs Yoona’s back reassuringly “I think you’re forgetting you’re dating super girl… I’m sure she will be ok…”

“Yoh Dr. Im…”

Yoona quickly looks excitedly at the door but sighs in disappointment when it wasn’t who she thought it was.

“Oh… unnie?”

“I know… I know…” Sooyoung waves Yoona off… “It’s not me who you want to see… But that little dark skinned kid is really sick… like so, so sick… The doctor says she has a few months to live.”

Yoona couldn’t see beyond Sooyoung’s joke and quickly panicked.

“W-what? That can’t be? Who is this doctor?” Yoona continues to panic.

“BWAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!”

Sooyoung was enjoying this too much, almost doubling over from laughter.

“JK. JK… she will be ok… Doctor said she’s just been stressed and her immune system is getting weak and all that, she just needs a week’s rest and she’ll be back to being Super girl again…”

Yoona covers her blushing cheeks at the thought of what happens when her Super girl is all better.

“I drop her home… But she was so frantic, my baby Yoong is hungry… I told her Yoona can buy her own lunch. But nooooo…” Sooyoung shakes her head “So, she wants me to give you this…”

“Awwww…” Tiffany couldn’t help but coo and feel a bit jealous as Sooyoung hands Yoona a take out food.

Yoona swallow her lips, unconsciously smiling as she digs inside the bag.

“What’s that?” Sooyoung raise her brow in curiosity as Yoona fishes something inside that bag “Kwon Yuri…pfffttt… that cheesy idiot…”

But Yoona didn’t pay attention to anything that Sooyoung was saying, how could she when all her thoughts were on the paper napkin rose that Kwon Yuri have secretly tucked for Yoona as a surprise?

*

Yuri could hardly open her already drooping small eyes, as she lays buried in her couch.

Ding.Dong.

Yuri heaved out a tired groan, before climbing out of the couch.

“Yoong?!”

Yuri’s small eyes quickly widened at the sight of the gorgeous doctor in front of her.

“Hi… Yul…” Yoona immediately frown at the sight of the sick Yuri… “Were you sleeping? I’m sorry…”

“No..no…” Yuri shakes her head before letting Yoona inside her much humbler apartment. It was actually the first time Yoona have been in Yuri’s. Since most of the time they would spend their nights in her apartment.

“I like your apartment…” Yoona nods in approval at Yuri’s living space. It wasn’t flashy or anything, instead it was stylish without sacrificing comfort, tidy and homey the perfect example of Yuri.

“Thanks…” Yuri quickly cleans up the coffee table, picking up pieces of balled up napkins and empty glass of orange juice. “Sorry it’s a mess here Yoong…”

“Yul…” Yoona holds on to Yuri’s wrist before the girl could picked up anymore. “Just relax… let me clean it up for you…”

“No… you’re my guest…” Yuri declined.

“No… I’m your girlfriend who wants to take care of you.”

Yuri quickly takes a deep breath, before nodding her head obediently.

“Well… just lay down Yul…” Yoona motions Yuri to lay down, tucking the girl back underneath the covers “And I’ll cleaned up… Have you had dinner already?”

“You must be tired from work, let me order some Chinese…”

Here was Yuri, coughing, her nose all red and puffy, eyes still droopy, yet her main concern was her girlfriend.

“I said don’t worry… I’ll take care of you…”

Yoona pats Yuri’s cheek, and it was enough to soothe Yuri, pulling the girl back to slumber.



Must be the effect of the Chinese food that got them all sleepy, because the next thing Yuri knows is it was 2:18 am, the TV was still playing and there sleeping right beside her, was her sleeping beauty.

Yuri enjoys this quiet moment, tucking Yoona’s hair out of her face, before brushing her lips on Yoona’s temple.

“Yul?” Yoona flutters her eyes, stretching out her arms as she yawns cutely. “What time is it?”

“2 something am…” Yuri didn’t care, kissing Yoona again on the cheek.

“I’m sorry I feel asleep, I should be taking care of you and here I am sleeping on the job.”

“Kekeke…” Yuri chuckles. “I feel so crappy earlier…” She lays her lips on Yoona’s cheek while talking, that it tickles when she talks “But you just made me feel so much better.”

“It’s the Chinese food…” Yoona jokes, while running her hand on the back of Yuri’s neck.

Yuri pouts thoughtfully “No… I’m pretty sure it was you. For someone who does autopsy of dead people, you’re pretty good with live ones too”

“Just with you… you’re special like that…”

KEKEKEKEEKEKEKE…

It was 2 am but Yuri’s living room was filled with giggles from the two.

“Move in with me…”

Yoona looks surprisingly at Yuri, thinking that Yuri was just teasing but there was no hint of joke from her, and Yuri was not usually the type who jokes like that.

“Move in with me…” Yuri sits up bringing Yoona up with her. “I know my place is not bigger than yours, but I… we could move to a bigger place if you like. And I know were just dating for a couple of months but…” Yuri looks down on her joined hands, gathering up the nerves to tell Yoona. “I know it might sound rush, but I have been thinking about this for quite some time now. And after tonight, I realized that I miss you…”

“What?”

“Ummm… I miss you when you’re gone…” Yuri blinks her eyes thoughtfully at Yoona “I know this past week we have been ahhh… you know…” She scratches her head wondering how to say it without sounding like a byun “Waking up together, but the moment were apart I… I miss you already…”

“I miss you too…” Yoona blushes shyly

“Silly I know but I… the effect you have in me Yoona… it’s not even described yet, I will end up just mumbling if I have to tell you, but what I can do is show it to you. From the moment we wake up, until we fall asleep, all I want to do is show you how much you mean to me.”

“Yes.”

“Yes? You’ll move in with me?”

“Yes… yes… I will… Kwon Yuri…”

“ALRIGHT!!!” Yuri pumps her fist happily in the air before wrestling Yoona down the couch,

“ACCCCCKKKK YUL!!!”

Yoona tries to resist Yuri’s tickles, but find it quite irresistible. The two spend their night like that, their own definition of perfect.

End of flashback…

*

“Better?”

Yoona asks as she sees Yuri waking up from sleep. Yuri winced a bit as she scoots closer to Yoona...


“Yeah… But I like this better…”


Yoona’s lip curves into a soft grin, as she sees Yuri smiling back at her. Yuri slowly pushes herself up, wanting to close any gap between her and Yoona.

“Me too…” Yoona answered in a barely audible whisper, bashfully turning away as Yuri starts to tuck her hair behind her ear.

But it wasn’t Yoona who lost all composure, because the moment Yuri felt Yoona’s lips grazing her neck, she knew she was almost to the brink of insanity.

“Yoong…” Yuri gasps pleadingly, her nails digging deep in Yoona’s back as she felt Yoona’s teeth sink into her skin.

“Yul… I worry about you…”

Yuri nudges her forehead on Yoona’s, trying to find answers in Yoona’s eyes.

“Why?”

“After I met Agent Yang, I realized how similar you two are.”

Yuri could feel Yoona’s warm breath on hers, as Yoona wrap her arms around Yuri’s shoulders, pulling them much closer together.

“You two are both such good people, and everyone seems to take advantage of that. And it scares me Yul, that what if…” Yoona slowly closes her eyes, not wanting to accept what might have happen “What if it happens to you?”

“What do you mean?”

“You always lay your life out in the line for people, that sometimes you forget about yourself.”

Yuri presses a kiss on Yoona’s forehead in apology.

“I’m sorry if I worry you…”

“No…” Yoona shakes her head, before cupping Yuri’s cheeks, tilting it to look at her. “You have nothing to apologize about, no matter… no matter how I worry it’s one of the things I cant help but love about you”

Yuri smiles softly, gently kissing Yoona on the forehead, nose, until she gives her a soft peck on the lips. The second kiss lasted a few seconds longer, and the third, the third lasted until they were breathless…

“Wait… wait…” Yoona pulls away from their kiss hesitantly, jumping out of bed and hurriedly running to the door, making sure it was lock.

“I just want to make sure…”

Yoona says before jumping back to Yuri’s arms earning a grunt from Yuri.

“Sorry… sorry babe…”

But Yuri didn’t mind the pain, Yoona’s kisses just erased them all…

Yoona is finding it incredibly painful to keep her whimpers low if Yuri is just touching her as fiercely as this. Yuri props herself up to wipe the sweat collecting in Yoona’s brow, before lowering herself to nip on Yoona’s neck.

“Y-yul…”

It was Yoona’s mind pleading for Yuri to slow down, yet both Yoona’s heart and body were begging more and more. Yuri could feel Yoona’s body trembling more each second, and Yuri would start to slow down, worried that she might hurt Yoona. But it wasn’t the case for Yoona, she was incredibly selfish when it comes to her needs for Yuri, demanding that Yuri gives her everything she’s got.

She would clench tightly on Yuri, soft pleas escaping , begging her lover for more. And Yuri helpless as she has always been to Yoona’s needs, would give her everything knowing full well that all that matters to her was keeping Yoona satisfied.

And she should know, that no one can ever make Yoona quiver and addicted just like the way she does.

*

“OOOFFFFFF!!!!”

Yuri almost tumbled down as Sooyoung tackles her into an embrace.

“OMO YUL! I can’t believe you make it out alive…”

“What are you talking about?” Yuri looks at her bestfriend incredulously

“I thought you and Yoona were being eaten by zombies, I mean the moans were so loud I thought you two have been eaten already.”

Yuri quickly looks at the floor, her face flushing in embarrassment earning a chuckle from everyone.

“But good job, shupa Yul…” Hyoyeon jokes giving the girl a thumbs up. “Looks like you save doc…”

“I…I…I…”

Yuri struggles to find an answer, but Yoona just sweetly squeeze her hand “They’re just teasing, baby…”

Yuri nods obediently, turning into a puppy for Yoona.

“Hey… look they have reports on the hospital fire…”

Sunny grabs the remote putting the volume up.

*

Daesung was the one who was directing and doing instructions to everyone in the scene, since Taecyeon (sleeping beauty) was sleeping in the back of the van letting Daesung do all the work.

“SIR! SIR! I think we have a survivor…”

Daesung raises his hand, asking the people to stop as a man can barely stand up, staggering out from the fire towards the firemen.

“Sir… sir…” A firemen run over to the presumed survivor. “Please come over AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!”

He yells out a blood curdling scream as the man’s teeth sink into his neck.

“Oh God… it’s one of them…” Daesung yanks his hair in panic when he realized what had happened.

But that one monster was the least of his problems, when coming out from the burning building, a loud guttural moan have starts to echo through the place and along with the moans came the ones that they were coming out from…

Daesung as well as everyone starts staggering backwards as one, two, turning into twenty, probably even thirty charred corpses, men, women, children making their way slowly, the smell of death evident as they drew closer.

“FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!”

Daesung instructed, pulling out his own gun to shoot at them…

But bullets just went through them, blasting off a body part before they continue to come closer. Their moans getting louder, their grasps getting closer.

“SIR! Nothing’s happening sir…”

Daesung swallows in fear, the sound of moans, people panicking are starting to ring in his ears.

“Sarge? SARGE!!!” Deasung yells out as he sees Taecyeon motioning a driver to drive him away from the chaos…

“I’m outta here!” Yelled one of the cops and soon everyone was panicking around Daesung, shoving him out of the way, as they were trying to escape with their lives and body parts intact.

“Wait! Wait!” Daesung yells in panic, don’t they realize by not trying to stop them, it could be catastrophic to their citizens of their city?

Daesung raises up his gun and aims at the oncoming danger and continued shooting.

Even if he was to lose against these monsters, at least he lose fighting.

*

The TV monitors suddenly turns into static after the gruesome event, everyone who have watched the telecast was dumbfounded of what they had saw.

Questions raised in every person’s minds, how can they survive? What can they do to survive?

*

The girls found themselves as lost as the people who have watched the telecast, here they were thinking they escaped death when they are once again being dragged to it’s mouth again.

Yuri was the first one who stood up from her spot, calming her beating heart knowing it would not help to be panicking right now.

“Yul?”

The girls turn toward Yuri standing there in the midst of them.

“Let’s get ready.” Yuri says calmly “It’s time to fight the war.”


TBC