chapter 4

Monsters (a yoonyul zombie fic)

Chapter 4

 

Yuri could feel her finger was about to squeeze the trigger, but she stops when she realize she didn’t have any bullets and doing this could totally expose her. But the sight of him touching her girl, a gun shot would be too kind, Yuri has to stop herself from beating him.

“Don’t let me say it again, let her go before I squeeze this trigger.”

He just scoffs mockingly “Yeah right… I don’t think that is such a smart decision, Kwon…”

He turns around showing Yuri he got the upper hand especially since his gun is pointed at Yoona’s temple.

Yuri’s level headed, calm personality and logical thinking made her one of the best negotiators in the police department. But it made a world of difference when it was Yoona, the girl she loves who was in the midst of trouble. There was no calmness in her and her logic is now all over the place.

“Pffft… not so brave now, huh Kwon? Tell your friends to back off too because I have no problems blowing your chick’s head off.”

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon took a couple of steps back, they have been in these situations before too. But they know they would only make matters worse if they do anything.

“Let her go…” Yuri commanded.

“What are you going to do about it, Kwon? Huh?”

He says mockingly, while Yoona shuts her eyes as she feels the muzzle pressing deeper on her skin.

“See, Doc… in this situation, you would have needed a man… Look at your girl, can’t do anything about it…”

Yuri grips on the gun tighter, trying not to let his words mess with her head. Yuri stares back at Yoona, who just softly mouths to the girl.

I’ll be okay…”

“Make a step closer, Kwon and I’ll blast your girlfriend’s pretty face off.”

He says as he starts to drag Yoona away, nodding to his ally to do the same.

“Let her go now!”

“Or what?”

A million of thoughts race into Yuri’s mind now, and Yoona’s safety is the only priority. She charges towards them, pummeling the three of them to the ground.

BANG.

“YURI!!!”

Yuri quickly pushes Yoona away as she jumps on the guard.

“Yul!’

Yoona says worriedly as Yuri got on top of the guy, her hand quickly on the guy’s arm, as they try to wrestle for the gun.

“YOU FUKCING BI-“

He smashes his fist in her face. Yuri tries to shake off the pain and tried to fight back, as she kneed him in his crotch, making him screaming in pain.

Yuri got on him and this time it was her turn to land a blow on his face. She couldn’t tell which bone made the cracking sound as her fist landed on his cheek, but she kept punching. The thought of his grimy hands all over her girl, was enough for Yuri to ignore the blood on her knuckles and the pain as she keeps smashing her fist on his face.

What he did was unforgivable and the fact that he did it to her girl, Yuri was going to make sure he’ll pay the price even if she broke her bones proving it.

“Baby please no…”

Yoona pleads as she sees Yuri’s hand all bloody.

“YUL! YUL! They’re coming let’s go!”

The sound of deathly moans had paralyzed everyone in fear. They look up and saw a horde coming towards them from the far end of the hallway.

“Dude that’s enough!” His comrade was telling him as he was ready to leave. “They’re coming!”

“Go be a little b!tch and leave! I have something to take care of”

After seeing that his ally won’t be leaving anytime soon, he shoves Seo away and runs off. It was every man for himself and if his friend wants to be an idiot, then let him be.

“GO! GO! GO! Soo take them and go!”

Sooyoung grits her teeth, she doesn’t want to be caught in this situation again where she had to leave Yuri. But seeing that Yoona was there, she knew that Yuri will be okay.

And even with her reluctance, Sooyoung shoves the girls, trying to get them to run away.

Yuri was about to get on her feet, when someone yanks her ankle, making her land on the floor with a thud.

“Where do you think you’re going, Kwon?”

Even with his face all covered in blood, Yuri could still see the sinister smirk lying beneath everything.

“Let go of me!”

Yuri starts kicking him, but it only made his grip on her ankle harder.

“HELL NO B!tch, if were going to die, I’ll make sure I’ll take you down with me”

Yuri looks up again, and sees the ghouls grew in numbers, their steps coming in closer to them.

“OFFFF!”

Yuri clenches her teeth as she felt another blow to her face.

“I can’t take your girl, maybe I’ll just take you… You probably don’t know it, but you’re one fukcing y chick too..”

Yuri tries to push him off, but he proves to be more powerful as he pins her to the ground. He squeezes Yuri’s cheek between his fingers.

“You should have just wished that I took your girl after I’m done with-

BANG

“AGGGGGGHHHHH!!!”

He fell off Yuri and landed beside her, his hands clutching his bleeding knee. He looks up to the perpetrator and froze as he sees the anger in the gorgeous angel’s face.

“How dare you touch my girl.” Yoona said between her clench teeth as her anger starts to consume her. Her gun moving her aim either at his head or crotch, debating which one would make him suffer more.

“No Yoong… let’s go…”

Yuri staggers to get up, pulling away Yoona before the horde could reach them. Yoona looks up and sees them closing in.

“I’ll just let them take care of you.”

Bang…

ARGH!!!!

He screams as Yoona blasted off at his other knee.

Yuri takes Yoona’s hand as they race out of there.

AGGGGGHHHHHH…

The man’s blood curdling screams lingering in their heads as the zombies feasted on him.

*

Yuri hurriedly pulls Yoona to an empty room, shutting the door before any of those things could find them. She sees the fear in Yoona’s eyes, her breath going ragged as her whole system is flood with panic.

“Shhhhhh… shhhhhh…”

Yuri pulls Yoona to her chest, wishing it could calm her down.

‘W-wha-what have I done?” Yoona says in panic…

“It will be ok darling…’ Yuri tries to calm Yoona by pressing her lips on her hair. “He was more dangerous than those things and we don’t know what he could’ve done to us if we just let him. I don’t think anyone could be as brave as you.”

Yuri confesses, laying her lips on Yoona’s forehead.

“it’s just when I saw him touching you, hurting you, I thought I was going to… I can’t… Yul…”

Yoona buries her head on Yuri’s chest. And soon her rapid breaths have slowly returned to normal. Her fears and worries melting away as she lingers in Yuri’s embrace.

Yoona looks up and sees Yuri’s face, a dark bruise forming on her cheek while blood slowly trickles from the cut on her eyebrow.

“Oh my gosh…’

Yoona hurriedly pulls Yuri to the first aid box.

“I’ll be ok…” Yuri tries to wipe the blood away with her shirt, before smiling goofily. Yoona chuckles softly as she sees the smile on Yuri’s face, before she turned serious again.

“Don’t argue with me, Yul. You’re bleeding…”

Yoona was able to find a first aid box on one of the cabinets. Pulling out a crème and some bandages. She examines Yuri’s wounds before she starts tending to it.

“Better?”

Yoona asks as she tenderly wraps Yuri’s hand with bandage. Yuri clenches her fist before nodding. Yoona smiles before Yuri quickly wrap her arms around her lover.

“Yul…” Yoona smiles as she felt Yuri nuzzling on her neck “I’m ok…It’s going to be ok”

Yoona holds the girl tighter, reassuring her with a soft kiss in the forehead.

“No… I’m supposed to be protecting you… but I couldn’t even do anything in there” Yuri whispers, her voice with a tone of helplessness…

“What do you mean? You save me over and over again…” Yoona tucks a stray hair out of Yuri’s face. “I only feel safe when I’m with you”

They lingered longer in their embrace. Yoona coaxed Yuri to look her in the eyes and when she was sure that she got the worried girl’s attention, she continues…

“All I need you to do is to be with me. I’m nothing without you, do you get that? So there’s no point for you to act like a hero cause the moment you get hurt or God forbid die… expect me to be right behind… I’ll follow you to hell if I have to, cause there is no way I’m going to spend my life without you… no way… you understand that?”

Yuri smiles at Yoona, brushing the hair out of her girl’s face.

“No humans or zombies are going to keep me away… I promise you”

And with her promise, she leans in, kissing the lips of the girl she’s been dreaming of her days.

*

“Do you think they’re okay?” Seohyun asks in worry that while she and her unnies are safe (for now), her bestfriend is out there trying to fend themselves against those monsters.

“Pfft… Are you kidding me?” Hyoyeon snorts in ridicule “Yoona is with Yuri now. The freaking Super girl, zombies would be like oh sheet! We don’t mess with Kwon Yuri, that’s how safe Yoona is”

“Oh… so that’s Yuri’s girlfriend?”

Jessica couldn’t help but feel disappointed when she saw who she was going to compete against. She knew she was pretty, her fans say so, but that Yoona girl was just out of this world stunning.

“Why do you guys call Yuri super girl?”

“Well, let’s just say Yuri no matter how shy she is, has super powers…”

“Oh really?” Jessica was all ears to this.

“Ummm… Case and evidence is, Yoona called in “sick”’ Tiffany does her air quote gesture. “The day after their date, and when she came back the next day to work, she was limping…”

Seohyun covers her ears, unsure if she wants to listen to more of this.

“I’m hungry…” Sooyoung cut in the conversation as she airs out what’s on her mind.

The girls sat away as Sooyoung starts to have that look in her face.

‘’Eat Shika” Taeyeon didn’t have a problem pointing Jessica out. “She looks crispy…”

Grrrr goes Jessica Jung

“You know what Taeyeon? If ever I became one of them, I’ll make sure I’ll eat you first!

Taeyeon covers in a mocking gasp… “eat me? Shika… if you want me so much, just say it. You don’t have to wait until you’re a zombie to eat me up. You could eat me up now…” Taeyeon says wriggling her brow up and down.

“That’s it!” Jesssica finally got up from her spot “I’m going to hurt you and feed you to those freaks!”

“Are you sure you won’t get jealous if they get to eat me up before you?”

ARGGGHHHH!!!

“What’s going on between you two?” Tiffany raises her brow.

“Don’t get the wrong idea Tippani… She just likes me so much that’s why she’s trying to get my attention all the time.”

“Don’t I need to point it out that you’re the one who started it?”

“I didn’t do anything…” Taeyeon corrected her. “Is it my fault that you just couldn’t help fall for me so easily?”

“Why you little…”

“UGH!”

Taeyeon struggles to breathe as Jessica starts to choke her. But the girls just let them be as each of them in that room are facing their own dilemma,

Seohyun wonders if she should step in between the unnie’s fight…

Sooyoung hadn’t eat since yesterday and was now very hungry…

Hyoyeon wants to pee but is scared that a ghoul might be in the bathroom with her.

Only Tiffany was calm, smiling as she thinks of Yuri and Yoona. Along with the rest of the girls, she have been one of the witness to how their love story unfolds. It has been five years and the two are still madly in love.

And she knows even with the hell they’re going through right now, at least Yoona is probably at her happiest now.

*

Flashback

“So that date didn’t work out?”

Yoona pulls away her scalpel from the corpse and just huffs frustratingly. How could she concentrate on doing the autopsy if Tiffany kept on badgering her about her date last night?

“It didn’t, she was beautiful but she just loves herself too much. I could see it since all she talk about the entire time is how her entire week went. And I didn’t even ask”

Tiffany sighs heavily, she doesn’t know why it worries her seeing Yoona being so picky.

“I know you’re Dr. Im Yoona and you don’t have problems getting dates, but you need to start letting people in and realize nobody’s perfect.”

“”I’m sorry, I can’t help it if I have standards…” Yoona snorts sarcastically…

“WHOHOOOO!!!!”

Tiffany and Yoona’s discussion was interrupted as Taeyeon glides through the room.

“My delivery girl is there! I have my lunch.”

Sometimes Tiffany and Yoona wonder how someone as brilliant as Dr. Kim could be so excited over the littlest things such as lunch.

“Yoh! yoh! Yoh Kwon!”

“Hey Doc… This is what you ordered, right?” 

The other two doctors could hear the husky, yet gentle voice of the person by the door.

“She got a hot voice…” Tiffany whispers.

“Well, she’s probably ugly…” Yoona countered going back to what she was supposed to do.

“Why don’t we check it out?”

Truth is, the girl’s voice got Yoona curious too. And soon, Tiffany and Yoona peeked out from their corner and thank to Taeyeon’s height they get to see the gorgeous beauty, with her dark raven haired, piercing dark brown eyes, perfect nose and lips that you could just wish to kiss.

“Ohhhh… she looks hot…”

Yoona couldn’t agree more but she’s not going to say anything until she takes a closer look.

“Let’s go introduce ourselves…” Tiffany takes Yoona’s hand and yanks her away.

“But the autopsy?” Yoona reasons out…

“Yoong, it’s dead already, it’s not going anywhere. Oh Hi.”

Yoona wished there was somewhere else to look, because the moment she saw the tanned beauty in front of her, she knew she would be staring forever if she’s given the chance.

“Yoong?”
“Oh ummm yeah…” Yoona quickly nods, before smiling shyly at the officer in front of her.

“What’s up with you, doc?” Taeyeon raise her brow in suspicion.

“Nothing… I was just…” Yoona mutters like an idiot “Anyways, what were you saying?”

“What we’re saying is that Yuri here gladly offered to deliver our lunch and dinner and some snack too, right? if were too busy to get it.”

“That’s so sweet of you, Yuwree…”

Yoona couldn’t understand why she felt a bit jealous when Tiffany starts flirting so openly with the officer. And last time she check, wasn’t Tiffany straight?

“It’s no big deal” Yuri smiles shyly. “I’m pretty much in the office…”

“She has no rank yet that’s why she’s stuck on the office doing paperwork and stuff, right Yul?”

Yoona could see that Yuri was slightly embarrassed with Taeyeon’s revelation.

“Well, I’m sure you’re going to be up there with the big bosses someday.”

There it goes again, the green eyed monster named jealousy creeping on Yoona, as Tiffany continues to flirt so shamelessly.

Yuri smiles thankfully before nodding “I hope so…”

“She’s studying for the detective exams now, and Yuri’s quite a nerd so she’ll pass it. So, let’s grab the chance to boss her around before she’s too busy to do it.”

“Taetae… you’re such a meanie…”

Yoona’s eyes narrowed as tiffany just flirts the time away.

“No, it’s okay…” Yuri shrugs.

And both Tiffany and Taeyeon wondered if these two even realize how much they were just staring at each other?

*

Yoona has her concentration on adjusting the magnification on her microscope, when Tiffany’s squeal interrupted her.

“Lunch is here…”

“Since when did you became so interested in lunch?”

“Since Yuwree has been delivering it.” Tiffany sighs

“I thought you were straight? 

“I was… wait…” Tiffany pouts thoughtfully “I still am… it’s just Yuri got me gay for little bit there.”

“How could you like someone who hardly says a thing?”

“I know, that’s what makes her so adorable because she’s so shy. And she doesn’t even realize how good looking she is. Wait a sec- Why do I feel like you don’t like her?”

Yoona was afraid that it was the exact opposite. Seeing Yuri even if it was just ten minutes a day has slowly become the highlight of Yoona’s day. If she’s lucky they would strike a conversation, like hi, hello, do you want me to get you something to eat?

And of course as much as Yoona, the shikshin that she is, wants something, she would flat out tell Yuri that she wasn’t hungry.

“I do… I do like her, it’s just that, I don’t want to make her feel that she’s below ranks because I make her deliver food or something.”

“She’s not that kind of person, Yoona. She cares more about helping others rather than be all hung up with ranks. The only reason why she’s taking the detective exams is not because she wants to rise up in the ranks, but because she wants to go out on the streets and do something. So, give her a chance, Yoong…”

Maybe for once she would listen to what Tiffany has to say, maybe she would give in.

Yoona swore that she saw a bit of excitement in Yuri’s eyes when she said she wants to order something. 

“Yuri’s back!”

Yuri smiles handing out Tiffany and Taeyeon’s lunch first before handing out Yoona’s bag last. Yoona inspected her bag and saw that there are twice more than she ordered.

“I didn’t order all these…” Yoona pointed out.

“Oh ummm…” 

Yoona turns and saw Yuri playing with the hem of her shirt.

“Ummm… my lunch is there too…”

“Huh?” Now Yoona was confused.

“I… I was wondering if you’re not busy doing anything, if you would like to go and ummm… eat lunch together?”

“Oh ummm…”

Yoona could only feel that she was blushing as she felt the heat rise up on her cheeks. It didn’t help that Taeyeon and Tiffany were right there nudging and cooing at them.

“As the leading forensic agent” Taeyeon likes to introduce herself as that “I say that Dr. Im is not busy, go… Doc… go eat lunch with Officer Kwon.”

Yuri turns hopefully at Yoona who finally nods.

*

The two decides to block the stairway and eat by the steps going to the first floor.
It was the first of many “dates” that the two have by the stairs. Yoona felt like a teenager on a first date as both of them would just stare at their lunch before trying to start a conversation again.

Yuri had asked her about the kind of food she likes, and Yoona being shy at that time, just said she wasn’t picky (which Yuri later found out is a code that she eats everything), it’s just that she had a special place in her heart for pad thai and Tom yum goong.

Yoona could see Yuri playing with the paper napkin almost their whole “so called date”. It left Yoona wondering if she was boring Yuri, or maybe she just does it as a habit.

They were both shy and confused during their first “date”. And they realize no matter if they were adults, the effect of being near your crush feels the exact same way to when you were in elementary.

Yoona like how Yuri pays attention to what she was saying. Even if Yuri’s stares could make her stammer a bit, she liked how Yuri doesn’t just nods for the sake of it. 

Yuri could just listen to Yoona’s voice all day. She knew it was something more as she just wished to stuck right there for the rest of her life.

But just when they were finally getting comfortable, time ticks quickly and soon it was time to go back to work.

“Well, thank you for the time, Doc…” Yuri says as she stands up first.

“Just call me Yoona.”

“Ok… Yoona…” Yuri smiles.

Yoona have never heard her name sound so nice until this day. 
“That’s better… thank you Yuri.”

They turned away at the same time. Yuri facing the stairs to head back to the office while Yoona head the other way to her work. In their heads, they were cursing themselves for messing up and being too slow.

“Ummm Yoona?”

“Yes?” Yoona answers so eagerly.

Yoona finally figure out what Yuri was trying to do with the paper napkin, as Yuri gives her a rose, a paper rose that she made out of the napkin.

Both blush like crazy as they stare at the paper rose. Yoona have been serenaded before, recited poems but this paper rose was quite high up the cheesiest thing that someone has done for her. But Yoona didn’t care how cheesy it was, for her it was the sweetest thing ever.

And until this day, Yoona could still feel the butterflies flying around her stomach when she thinks about it.

“Is it ok if I spend lunchtime with you again tomorrow?”

Yoona smiles shyly, twisting the stem of the paper rose on her finger.

“Yes. I would love to.”

It was the first of the hundred paper roses that Yuri has given Yoona, and until now, those hundred paper roses were still tucked neatly inside a box, tucked in their closet at home.

And just when they thought this might have been the last, it turned out to be just the first of their many “dates” by the stairs.

*

Taeyeon have been in search for the next lunch delivery girl after Yuri became a detective. It was around the same time that Seohyun started her internship and of course being the youngest one there, Taeyeon, since she said she’s the lead forensic agent, appointed Seo. 

Yoona have been missing her lunch delivery girl terribly. She hardly sees Yuri anymore and the only chance they get to talk was on the phone. 

Instead of asking Seo to buy her food, Yoona just goes along with her. She knew she was being silly about it, but she doesn’t like the feeling of anybody replacing Yuri as her lunch delivery girl. She thought it was stupid, but to hell with logic when her heart felt like a mess.

“YURI!!!!!!”

Yoona’s ears suddenly popped up when Taeyeon screams it out. Yoona could only guess that Yuri is not only hers, but Taeyeon’s favorite lunch delivery girl too. Especially since Seohyun have told Taeyeon that she would die if she eats hamburger.

Yoona walks to the door and it felt weird to see Yuri in street clothes and not her white officer’s uniform And as good as Yuri looked in uniform, the way she looks now is much better.

“Taengoo… She’s not Yuwree anymore, she’s detective Kwon…” Tiffany corrected Taeyeon…

“Don’t be silly…” Yuri laughs, blushing embarrassingly “I’m still Yuri.”

Yuri looks up and smiles at Yoona. Yoona could feel herself blushing and turns away before she gets caught.

“I pass by that Thai restaurant where I usually pick up your lunch on my patrol today, so I thought I would buy you guys some lunch. Its on me…”

“Ohhhh detective Kwon is a baller…”

“No… I just…” Yuri takes a deep breath before looking at Yoona who appears “busy” doing something. “so, ummm here…”

Yuri hands out the bags, handing out Yoona’s lunch last. Yoona couldn’t help but be disappointed to see that it doesn’t have the two orders than she usually shares with Yuri.

“I…I have to go back to work soon…”

Yuri says to all of them even if they knew she meant to say it to Yoona.

“Thank you anyway…” Yoona gives Yuri a shy smile before bringing her bag to her office.

The moment she closes the door she heaves a frustrated sigh.

“Thank you anyway? Thank you anyway? Why am I such a failure?” 

Yoona groans, burying her face on the table. She sits up again, breathing in before digging in the bag.

Yoona takes out her usual pad thai and Tom yum Goong but she knew it wouldn’t taste as good as it was when Yuri shares lunch with her. 

She pulls everything and smiles when she saw Yuri’s signature paper rose. Somehow it sparks a hope in Yoona that there is still a chance. She pulls out the rest of the paper napkins, and notice how one note has some scribbling on them.

The moment she reads the note, she didn’t even think twice, she runs as fast out of the office as she could.

“Where is she?” she asks her unnies…

“Yuwree? She just left..”

But before the girls could ask why, Yoona have already run out of the room. Yoona have never run that fast, but it was worth it when she finally caught up to Yuri who was on her way upstairs.

“Yuri?!”

Yuri almost stumbles back as Yoona jump to her arms. It was the closest thing that Yuri had been to Yoona. And now that she felt how good it was to be this close, Yuri doesn’t think she could ever let go.

“I was worried that you might not see…” Yuri confesses shyly…

Yoona looks up to gaze at those dark brown eyes. “What would you have done if I didn’t see?”

“Ummm… well, I’ll keep delivering until you finally see it.”

“Or… you could just ask me out in person.”

Yuri takes a deep nervous breath before looking at Yoona.

“Dr. Im?”

“Yes detective Kwon?” Yoona responded teasingly.

“Would you like to go out on a date with me?”

Yoona cast her eyes downwards as she was too shy to look at Yuri in the eyes right now. She takes a deep breath too before moving in closer, pressing her lips on Yuri’s blushing cheeks.

The moment Yoona pulls away, their cheeks have both been blushing madly.

“I would love to.”

End of flashback…

*

“EUREKA!”

Sooyoung quickly clamp her hands on , quickly turning from left to right, hoping that not one of those things have heard her.

Luckily, it stayed pretty quiet and Sooyoung very happily starts to dig in her pockets for coins to put in the vending machine.

“Ahhh crap!” Sooyoung quickly clamps again, groaning frustratingly as she was penniless. She ruffles her hair, hoping it might spark an idea. She looks around, she was by herself but she knew that as a cop, it was wrong for her to do it.

“God, I’m so sorry for doing this…” Sooyoung has her hands clamp together and her eyes close in prayer “But I promise when I get out of this alive, I will pay my whole paycheck to this vending machine”

Sooyoung exhales deeply, she takes a fire extinguisher from the nearby box and smashing it into the glass.

CLASH

Sooyoung tries to take the broken glass and starts stuffing her pockets, her hands with as much food as she can…

UUUUAAAARRRGGGHHHH

Sooyoung could hear a faint moan from a distance, hurrying up before they could catch sight of her.

Candies, chips… Sooyoung threw away the healthy fruit bar, crap… if she was gonna die, a fruit bar is not going to be her last meal on Earth.

Sooyoung was ready to break on a full sprint when she sees a handful of the undead appearing from the far corner of the hallway.

“Ahhh crap! Why does this always happen to me?”

Sooyoung starts to run, muttering loudly in her head.

“Don’t look back, don’t look back, don’t look back.”

But all that pep talk didn’t bode too well when Sooyoung turns around…

“Oh crap!!!”

*

“HYO! HYO! HYO! OPEN UP!!!!”

Hyoyeon pops her head out of the room…

“Wae?”

Sooyoung quickly shoves Hyoyeon back inside the room and quickly starts to look for anything to barricade the door.

“Soo you dummy! You lead them to us!”

“But I brought food”

“Idiot! We are going to be food!”

“Guys this is not the time to be arguing right now…” Tiffany steps in between the two who was ready to kill each other.

“We need to get out of here now.” Taeyeon says

“Are you crazy? They’re going to rip us in pieces.”

“It’s just like what Yuri said, if we stayed here were going to be like canned goods for these psychos”

“I don’t want to be a canned good…” Seohyun says in worry…

“That’s why we need to get out. Were going to do what Sooyoung did before, were going to get a hospital bed and rammed it into those ers. It won’t kill them but it will buy us some time to escape.”

“But what are we going to do if it doesn’t work?”

“Run and don’t ever look back…”

*

“Yu-“

Yuri quickly clamps her hand on Yoona’s mouth, Yoona’s doe eyes were filled with worry as she looks up at Yuri. Yuri lays a finger on , signaling Yoona not to make any sound.

Yoona clutches tighter on Yuri. From outside their door, Yoona could hear the shuffling of more than one of those creatures.

UAAARRRGGGGHHHH…

Yoona had enough of this, she doesn’t know how long she has to endure this just so she and Yuri could make it out alive. Yuri slowly climbs down the bed, careful not to make any creaking sound.

Yuri helps Yoona out of bed, and it didn’t matter who but someone knock the first aid box down to the floor.

Clang. Clang. Clang.

It created a noise loud enough to get the ghouls attention.

The shuffling of the many creatures were getting louder and started to take a toll on Yoona’s nerves. Yuri pointed underneath the bed, telling Yoona to crawl underneath and Yoona scrambles in before Yuri crawls right next to her.

It started out as scratching sounds by the door, followed by muffled moans, eager to get inside for a meal.

Yuri could have swore she closed the door but she has no time to think about it now as the door creaks open.

UAAAARRRGGGHHHH

Yoona quickly buries her head on Yuri’s chest. And Yuri wraps her arms tightly around her girl. Panic taking over them as they could see pairs of feet dragging themselves inside the room.

Yuri swallows her lips to keep herself from making any sound. But the sight of the intestine wrapped around the rotting flesh’s ankle was enough to get her lightheaded.

UARRRGGGHHH…

Yuri tries to hold her breath, pulling her girl closer to her as she presses her lips on Yoona’s forehead. She screws her eyes shut and prayed silently that they manage to escape this hell alive.


TBC

Thanks for reading and have an awesome weekend!