Chapter 9

Monsters (a yoonyul zombie fic)

Chapter 9



Flashback…

Yoona has always thought that shy people are a huge turn-off. For her, they were weak and submissive and she hates that. She likes someone who takes control, who knows what they want and is not afraid to get it.

Imagine the surprise of her family when she brought the beautiful yet super shy Kwon Yuri to a family gathering.

The beauty would just smile gently at them, saying just a few, careful words that gets people intrigued and wanting more.

The second that Yoona was alone, most of her family, the single and the interested and the married yet still interested gathered around Yoona wanting to know more about the girl.

The girl who looks happier playing with the kids than talking to adults.

“So, tell us about her,” One of Yoona’s cousins nudge her to spill details.

“Well…” Yoona turns to the cute sight in front of her, Yuri holding a baby in her lap, making the baby laugh by making funny faces. “What more is there to say? She’s my big baby.”

“When you said before you’re dating a detective, I was expecting like a butch not someone who looks like a supermodel.”

Yoona just smiles and shrugs happily. “I guess I got lucky.”

“Aren’t you scared though?”

“Of what?”

“Of her job?”

Yoona turns towards Yuri and a faint worry started to build inside her. When they first started dating, it felt like she was living a nightmare. She hated when Yuri have to work. Her paranoia would whisper to her that this might be the last time she’ll see her.

“Well, she always tells me that her work is not like as how it is on those TV shows. She’s going to be alright… she would be…”
 

But now it’s as if the seed of despair have just bloomed out of nowhere. It has always been there, buried and hidden. But the second someone talks about it, it’s like a fuel to the fire, raging Yoona from the inside.

Yes, it scares her… terrifies her to the point that it gives her nightmares… She had never loved this much, so greedily and selfishly and the thought of that one love gone is enough to kill her.

*

Yuri would take a couple of glance at the girl sitting beside her. Yoona had been so quiet the entire car ride, that it worried Yuri that something had happened.

“Yoong?” Yuri asks worriedly, reaching out for her girlfriend’s hand. “What’s wrong?”

Yuri could feel Yoona sliding her fingers to intertwine their hands.

“Ummm… nothing baby… It’s just that my family talk about you… about us?”

“I hope it’s good things…”

Yoona nodded happily, “They all like you… even my parents, well…” Yoona starts fiddling with Yuri’s hand “It worries me about what they say…”

“Bout what?” 

“How dangerous your job is… How everything can change in a second. I mean… Yul… I make a decent amount of money,” Yoona’s voice was filled with both hope and desperation. “And I know you love your job… but I wish it would be okay for you if I work for the both of us.”

Yoona watches how Yuri would react, so far Yuri had remained quiet. She knew this has always been Yuri’s dream job and it was selfish for her to take her away from it. But if there was a chance that she could stop Yuri from going out there in danger, then she’ll take it.

“Yoong” Yuri squeezes her girlfriend’s hand tighter. “I know we live in the city and it sounds dangerous, but you know there are hardly any crimes here…”

“I’m just worried… that’s all…”

“I’m sorry to worry you like this,” Yuri spoke with such a tender voice, that it made Yoona realize how lucky she is. If it was other people, Yoona would have imagined that this conversation would start a fight. Because this topic of work, doesn’t just involve relationships, it deals with people’s passion and worse it deals with people’s pride.

But not Yuri, not her Yuri. As usual, she was patient and understanding, she knew where Yoona’s worries coming from and she didn’t like that it was stemming from her. Yuri loves her job, but not as much as she loves Yoona.

. “Hey… how bout this? I could order for a transfer to desk.”

“Won’t that be like a demotion?”

Yuri kisses Yoona’s fingers, then playfully fiddle their hands together. 

“No…” Yuri turns to Yoona and smiles back eagerly, enough to melt Yoona’s worries away “It’s okay…”

And this time, it was Yoona who pulls Yuri’s hand to her lips. She could still smell the lavender lotion Yuri wears as she brushes her lips on Yuri’s hand. The scent soothes her, calms her, but what more is the feeling of Yuri’s hands in hers, it was a feeling no one in this world could ever give her. 

End of flashback…

“Yul?”

Yoona has never seen Yuri so frightened as she does now. Her lover was hunched up in the corner, trembling like a terrified child faced with the monsters in her closet.

to have and to hold
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
until death do us part.

Was that how the marriage vows go?

Yoona caresses the engagement ring on her finger. The ring that Yuri saved hard for, the ring that is supposed to be the next step to their happily ever after.

She and Yuri weren’t married yet, but for Yoona, she doesn’t need a marriage vow to prove that she will stay with Yuri forever. She knew it… her life was with Yuri. She doesn’t need a ring or a marriage vow to prove that.

Until their last breath on Earth…

“It’s going to be okay,” Yuri’s voice tremble at every word,“It’s okay, love…”

Yuri says hoping to give Yoona a bit of comfort. She presses a soft kiss on her lover’s hair before pulling her much closer.

“It’s okay to be afraid, Yul…”

Yuri just ends up clenching her eyes shut, because she knows the second that Yoona met her gaze, it will show how terrified she was.

“Whatever happens, Yoong… I want you to be happy, okay?”

Yoona clings tighter to Yuri, right now, the word happiness doesn’t exist in her world anymore.

“We don’t know what’s going to happen. If I turn, I might up end up hurting you,” Yuri caresses Yoona’s face. “And I don’t want that… I want you to be safe, I want everyone to be safe.”

“Yul, stop thinking about other people for once!” Yoona says out “Please, worry about you. Please don’t give up. We’re going to find a reason to stop this.”

“You have around 72 hours to make a decision…”

Yoona turns around and sees Hyomin, her face cold and uncaring. The girls were standing right behind her, worried yet uncertain at the same time.

“What do you mean?”

“72 hours before Yuri turned into one of them. And when that time comes Yoona, it’s either she leaves this house or she ends up dead.” 

During these times, it was usually Yuri whose arms were around Yoona to protect her. Yuri has always thought she was ready to die anytime, but now that that reality hit her like a stab in the chest, she finally realizes she wasn’t ready to die.

Not when she and Yoona have so many plans together, they still have to get married, still have to buy a home, they were still going to have kids… How are those plans going to end now?

Yoona heard Yuri let out a faint whimper. She sounds so scared, so vulnerable that it both hurt and angered Yoona even more. Yoona ignored Hyomin’s threat and presses her head on Yuri’s forehead.

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you.”

“How about you Yuri?” Hyomin asks “What do you think you should do?”

Yuri pulls away from Yoona, her fingers still link with Yoona’s.

“I’ll do what is best for the group.”

“And that is what, Yuri?” Hyomin pushed Yuri some more, and Yuri felt like she was push back to the corner, unwilling to fight.

“Not now, Hyomin.” Sunny pulls Hyomin away… “Give them time please…”

“I know I sound like a total right now, but I’m just doing what is best for the group. You know what I mean, right Yuri?”

Yuri kept her gaze on the floor, she knew exactly what Hyomin is saying.

“I—I know…”

“You’re smart Yoona, I’m sure you know what to do”

Before Yoona could even open to retaliate, Hyomin has already turned around leaving a bitter taste in Yoona’s mouth.

*

It looks like someone died, or worse someone is about to die and they know even if they’re doctors that they can’t do anything about it.

“We can’t just give up like this…”

The woeful eyes of everyone turn to Taeyeon, the girl looks determined. Trust was, Taeyeon is just scared out of her wits like them but they can’t just back down like this.

“Yuri has done so much for us, I doubt anyone of us made it out alive if it wasn’t for her.”

“Then, what can we do?” Seohyun pips out…

“Sunny?” Taeyeon turns over to the other girl “Why don’t you let us comb through your research? Maybe they’re some facts in there, anything just to give us a clue to what might help Yuri.”

“I’m not sure I have the-“

“Well better find that out for ourselves than mourn for nothing!” Taeyeon yells out. Her voice determined, while her spirit was slowly dwindling.

And Sunny didn’t bother arguing back, instead, she turns to her office, allowing the girls to follow.

*

“I’m sorry for all this…”

For once in all the times she had heard Taeyeon talk, this was the only time Taeyeon sounded so serious.

“About what?”

“I know how much you love, Yuri… it must have killed you to see this happen to her.”

Jessica brushes the tears off her face before looking out at the starry sky. She was at the rooftop away from everyone, from the people, the monsters, from the world. Here was the midget joining her.

“I realized I don’t love her.”

“What?”

“I mean I don’t love her that way… The way Yoona does.”

Jessica let out a heavy sigh…

“All I really felt for Yuri was lust and some admiration.  Every time she comes save us over and over again, I feel like she’s supergirl. But then this happens, and it made me realize… she’s just as human as all of us. Someone who gets scared and gets vulnerable.”

What Jessica didn’t realize were her tears dropping on the floor, but Taeyeon did and so she reached out and wiped those tears away.

“You saw how Yoona was, how she’s clinging to her every hope that Yuri might be saved. How she’s willing to save Yuri just in case that Hyomin girl goes trigger happy at Yuri. All I have for Yuri is just some stupid crush or lust, but it kills me to know she might not make it. Just imagine how Yoona feels just hours away to losing the one you love.”

“It’s because she’s such a good person. She’s the last person you would expect to end up getting bit. But in a way, she’s also the type you would know who would risk her life, just to save a stranger.”

Jessica wished there is something else she could say, but every word from Taeyeon was true. And right now, at times like this, sometimes words aren’t what’s necessary, just the feeling that you have somebody is enough.

Jessica was on the rooftop, trying to be away from the monsters, away from the people, away from the world. But for once she’s relieved that she wasn’t alone.

*

65 hours…

“I’m sorry we have to do this, Yul…”

Yuri just nods grimly as Sooyoung pulls Yuri’s arms behind her back and starts to handcuff her.

“I understand…”

Sooyoung has done these job too many times from petty criminals to high profile figures. But how come she was having a hard time trying to do this?

“It’s going to be okay, Soo”

“How could you say that?!” Sooyoung spats angrily. “Yul, it’s always been the three of us! Do you know how hopeless it makes me feel that we can’t do anything to save you?”

“T-that’s life…”

“No! It’s not! Nobody lives in a world with zombies! This is not the life! Whoever did this Yul… Whoever idea of a sick joke it is… needs to pay!!!” Sooyoung grits her teeth angrily.

Yuri just nods in defeat. Sooyoung was saying the truth but right now what good is it to fight it?

“I know… but what can we do about it, right?”

The anger in Sooyoung boiled down into frustration. She realizes she could curse all she wants, she could rant, but truth is, she can’t do anything.

“I don’t know… something…”

Sooyoung turns around, unsure of what other words to say to comfort her or comfort Yuri.

“You and Hyoyeon need to take care of each other, alright? And watch Yoona for me too… please?”

“Unnie…”

The girls look up and saw Yoona by the doorway, before walking towards them.

“I’m sorry,” Yoona bows politely “I know you’re a cop, unnie, but is it okay if you handcuff Yuri in another way?”

Sooyoung turns back and sees what Yoona was trying to say, Yuri wasn’t a criminal, she needs to be handcuffed the other way.

“It’s just that…” Yoona fell quiet “I want Yuri to be comfortable…”

“It’s okay, Yoong.” Yuri reassures her lover.

“No… no… Yoona is right, Yul…”

Sooyoung releases Yuri and hands the keys to Yoona.

“I will give you two some time alone.” Sooyoung pats Yoona on the shoulder “Take care of her for us, Yoong…”

“I will unnie…” Yoona smiles faintly… “Thank you”

Sooyoung nods before walking away. She made sure she close the door before Yuri could see her tears.

*

Yoona has no background about this virus, for all she knows, it might take less than 72 hours for Yuri to reanimate and Yuri could just turn any minute now. But Yoona couldn’t feel any fear, instead, she nuzzles herself closer to Yuri’s chest, smiling as she could hear the faint heartbeats in Yuri’s chest.

How long can this last until Yuri’s last heartbeat?

“You know what I remembered?”

“What?” Yuri gazes down at the girl who was cuddled in her cheat.

Yoona scoots herself up so she could meet Yuri’s eyes. Her smile the image of both happiness and pain.

“I just remembered something… with you handcuffed and all.”

Yuri tries to scan her memory to what Yoona was trying to say, until she found it. That memory was both sweet and y, it felt so distant now that it gave Yuri bittersweet feelings.

Bittersweet feelings that Yuri could now only express in an embrace, for now, she doesn’t know how long those memories last until they would all fade away.

Flashback…

“Yoong?”

Yuri calls out, at the same time she lays her keys on the counter. She could hear things being shuffled here and there inside their bedroom. But what made her smile was the sound of someone softly humming.

“You seem busy…”

Yuri says amusedly as she leans against the doorway watching Yoona arranging things on the floor.

“I was bored and you weren’t here…” Yoona pouts cutely like a child being left behind. “So, I decided to clean up… guess what I found…”

Yuri walks over and sits right beside Yoona.

Yuri tilted her head to side and wonders “What?”

Yuri just had to look away when Yoona raise her hand, her face the look of childlike mischief trying to cover up her lust.

“My ummm… handcuffs?”

“I wonder how you use this?” Yoona pouts trying to play around with the handcuffs.

“I ummm… well… ahhhh… you know,” Yuri continues to stammer while Yoona slowly pushed her down their bedroom rug.

“How Yul?”

“I’m not sure I have the keys.”

“You mean this?” Yoona playfully shakes around the key in her hand. 

“Yeah… I think that,” Yuri says, trying to mask both her nerves and excitement. Yuri could feel Yoona’s long fingers tiptoeing up her arm, leaving an almost burning sensation at every inch she touches.

“What the?”

Yuri was too caught up with her fantasies of Yoona, that she didn’t realize that she got handcuffed to the bed leg.

“Yoong…”

“What?”

Yoona’s giggles were too innocent. She taps Yuri’s perfect nose playfully before she leans to press her lips against her lover. Their kiss was innocent, but the way Yoona grind her hips against Yuri was anything but innocent.

“Let’s play a game, Yul…” Yoona whispers breathlessly. 

And as Yuri’s shirt rises, Yoona’s kisses got lower.

“Ummm…” Yuri could only grunt as she could feel Yoona’s teeth sink into her skin.

“You play the good guy too many times in real life… Now you’re the bad guy…” 

Yoona says before in an almost torturous pace, fidgets with Yuri’s pants button. 

“Yoong…”

Yuri could imagine a reddish bruise forming around her wrist as she starts to squirm out. She was getting impatient and Yoona’s nibbles down her stomach were not helping at all.

She was so close and Yoona didn’t even start yet.

“You know what they say about bad guys, babe?”

Yuri didn’t know what was ier, Yoona’s low voice or when she hooks those long fingers in her underwear letting it trickle down those luscious long legs. 

“W-what?”

Yoona smiles and spreads her lover’s legs further apart before leaning closer, so close as if she’s teasing Yuri even further. 

“They needed to be punished.”

Those were Yoona’s last words before her words turned into kisses. Kisses in places only people can dare dream of. 

End of flashback…

*

Yuri pulls Yoona to her arms, her girl straddled on her lap. Yoona cups Yuri’s cheeks, before leaning closely, pressing kisses on Yuri’s face, knowing that it might be her last.

But all Yuri could feel were the warm streaks flowing in Yoona’s face, so she leans away, wiping away her lover’s tears…

“I…I have to go,” Yoona pulls away. “The girls are trying to do research about this and I need to help…”

“No…” Yuri holds on tighter to Yoona’s wrist “Stay with me…” Yuri says pleadingly…

“B-but I need to help…”

“Please? I need you right now, Yoong… Please?”

Yoona nods before climbing back in Yuri’s lap.

“I know you’re scared baby. But I promise you, I’ll do whatever I can to make everything okay…” Yuri tries to reassure her, though she knows better herself… “I love you…”

Yuri promised, laying her lips softly against Yoona. Yoona shakes her head, knowing that such a soft kiss won’t do for her. Then, Yuri caught sight of the engagement ring, she has been dreaming of marrying Yoona for years, now that’s all it’s going to be, just a dream…

“Yoong…” Yuri tilts Yoona’s chin so she could stare at those doe eyes one more time. “If you ever meet somebody…”

“NO!” Yoona says with conviction, clinging more tightly around Yuri. “Don’t say that… please…”

“But you have to hear it..” Yuri cups Yoona’s cheeks “You need to know…”

But Yoona presses her finger on Yuri’s lips, hushing the girl before she could finish anything.

“The only one for me,” Yoona breathes huskily, while her finger hooks to Yuri’s shirt, slowly pulling it over her head. “is you…”

Before Yuri was hesitant, but now she’s not holding anything back. She cups Yoona’s face in her hands, laying her lips slowly against her lover's.

She kissed Yoona like she has never kissed her before. Their tongues meld together hungrily, greedily before laying Yoona on the bed.

And if Yuri could freeze any moment in her life, it would have been this one. Even with no make up, eyes still so teary and swollen lips from her onslaught of kisses, Yoona was still so beautiful. Yuri could only smile now, her hand gently caresses Yoona’s face.

She leans close to press a tender kiss on her lover, her lips tracing every inch of her lover’s skin, taking everything to memory. Because if she was going to die, she was going to die happy. And this was her happiness,  her lips on Yoona’s, their bodies intertwined into one.

*
Yoona didn’t realize how long she’s staring at her. That night was both beautiful but enough to exhaust them. She had wanted to wake Yuri up once again, but find it too selfish to do so making her lover sleep a bit.

So instead Yoona only resorted to staring. She scoots forward, gently caressing her lover’s face before she didn’t realize that her tears start welling up again.

It was the thought of not having Yuri that was enough to make her cry again.

She knew burying her tears in the pillow would be futile. Yuri might hear her and that’s the last thing Yuri needs now, to be worried.

*

“Yoona?”

Yoona only bows down politely, not wanting her friends to see her crying. She has looks so weak these days, like the pathetic girl she has always despised.

“Ummm hi…”

Yoona walks into the room and sees everyone amidst stacks of folders and scattered papers.

“Thank you so much for doing this for Yuri,” she says bowing politely…

“We are supposed to take care of each other… especially now…”

It felt like some weight got lifted off Yoona’s back, the feeling of having everyone pulling together during this trying times.

“How is she doing?”

“She’s sleeping right now. I have been checking her vital stats every hour. It’s been normal… so, I’m hoping that maybe… maybe since it just barely a bite and it didn’t even penetrate the skin, that there might not be any effect.”

Sunny exhales deeply, not wanting to bring more bad news to Yoona.

“Maybe because Yuri is still in the 24-hour window.”

“What do you mean?” Yoona’s worries start coming back again.

“If Yuri didn’t realize she had been bitten, she wouldn’t show any visual signs. She might experience some fatigue, but nothing serious that we might see. It’s not until the 48-hour stretch that we could see the effects of it.”

Yoona clenches tightly on her shirt, feeling that her strength was dwindling every second. And everyone saw it, even the girl standing by the office door. Nobody realizes Yuri was there, watching how she was putting her lover in so much pain.

“What do you want to do when Yuri’s time is up?”

Yoona looks up and sees the way Hyomin is watching her. She was pushing her as if Hyomin was already telling her to put a gun through Yuri’s head and pull the trigger herself.

“I don’t want to reach to that point… something, somewhere in this research there is a solution and I’m going to find it.”

“I don’t want to be the one who breaks the bad news, but right now Yoona it’s hopeless.” Hyomin says it in a matter of fact way that it seems so cold

“As you can see, we already exhaust everything, Yoona. I know this research inside out, there is nothing in here that could save Yuri.”

“STOP!” Yoona could feel her teeth grinding against each other“Surely, there must be somebody out there who knows something… If I have to go and find that person then I will.”

“Oh really? Are you going to look for Park Leeteuk then?”

The color in Yoona’s face immediately disappeared as that name still gives her nightmares.

“What does he have to do with all this?”

“Hyomin stop!” Sunny pushes Hyomin away, “Yoona, I don’t recommend you to do it. IT’s risky and stupid! And this is just base on pure hearsay…”

“W-what kind of hearsay?”

“That he might have or know someone who has the antidote. But we don’t even know. He’s a sick freak and going out there to find him is not even… not even worth it.”

“If he’s the only chance that Yuri has, then yes I will.”

“No. you won’t…”

Everyone turns to the door and sees Yuri walking in.

Yuri exhales sharply “No. You are not going anywhere. You are going to stay here, where it’s safe.”

“And you?”

“I have to go.”

“Then, it’s not even a choice. I’m going with you…”

Yoona was always the stubborn one, but this time, Yuri needs to stand her ground.

“No… you’re not. You’re staying here.”

“Don’t tell me what to do…”

“What do you want me to do Yoong?! I can’t protect you now!”

“I don’t need you to protect me. All I need is to be with you.”

“We are not married Yoona and we won’t be! Now stop!” Yuri quickly retreated back when she sees the pain she cause Yoona… “Yoong… I..”

She expected Yoona to run away, especially after she says such hurtful words. But instead of pulling away, instead of giving up… Yoona was still right there, walking closer before taking her back in her arms.

“It’s okay Yul… It’s okay to be scared…”

Yuri nuzzles deeper in Yoona’s arms.

“Nobody expects you to be brave all the time, you have done enough baby… now let us do it for you.”

“You are going to get hurt,” Yuri says worriedly.

“And you think just letting you go there, won’t hurt me?” Yoona kisses Yuri on the lips.

“I’m already bit Yoong. I might as well just go there.”

“STOP!” Yoona clenches tightly to Yuri as if wanting to shake some sense into Yuri. “Just stop… Is that how you see it Yul? You’re gonna die anyway, you might as well die sooner?”

“No… it’s just that, I don’t want you getting hurt anymore.”

“And you think this is easy for me?!”

“I’ll do it.” Sooyoung steps up before giving Yuri a comforting smile. “Don’t worry Yoong, if Yuri decided to go. I’ll go with her. I’ll protect her as much as I can.”

“You would need someone who got brains.” Taeyeon joins Sooyoung with a determined look on her face. “I’ll go… I might not be strong, but I can run really fast…”

And soon the girls starts stepping in. Ordinary girls that didn’t cave in to fear, instead find that deep inside them, they are much stronger than who they thought they were. And while other people crumble in the face of fear, with these girls together they know they could conquer anything.

*

Yuri walks into the room, she has her fingers deep in her pocket until she realizes that she left something there.

She pulls out a bloody note, a note that she was supposed to give to somebody. She knew it wasn’t in her right to meddle what was inside that she ended up stuffing the note back in her pocket.

She could probably imagine what Agent Yang wrote for his fiancée. A sorry probably, an I love you and last wishes of wanting to hold her much longer, kiss her longer, just a few more seconds more…

And it wasn’t any different than what she wants to tell Yoona…

“Yul?”

Yuri turns around and sees Yoona walking into to join her in the room.

“Yoona? Come with me…” Yuri takes Yoona’s hand and Yoona looks in wonder to where Yuri might take her.

*

“Be careful…” Yuri says as she holds Yoona’s hand as they climb into the roof.

It wasn’t much of a view really… The dead have now passed through the streets and left maddening remnants of their gruesome onslaught on every corner. The sky was lit with orange smoke, from bombs and wars maybe… And the guttural moans were still there, paired with a few cries of despair.

But somehow above it all, the sky was still littered with stars, they still twinkle beautifully. Like maybe, someone is still there watching over, if people just paid attention and listen then maybe he answers some questions.

“Yoong?” Yuri intertwined their finger together

“Yes, Yul?” Yoona says tenderly, laying her head against her lover’s shoulder, closing her eyes to this nightmare.

Yuri opens , wanting to say something so beautiful to her lover that would keep yoona by. Sweet words that would forever be etched with Yoona.

But instead, Yuri felt her lips quivering, her tears starts dropping one by one.

“Yoong, you know you made me believe in love at first sight…”

Yoona wasn’t expecting those cheesy words from Yuri that she ends up giggling.

“Oh my God. You’re so cheesy…”

“It’s true… kekekeke… First time I saw you, you’re the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.” Yuri smiles softly as moments of their first time flooded inside her mind “I look forward to lunch time because that’s when I get to see you, even for just a little bit. But you never talk to me that it ummm… it… ahhh.. scared me that you know and you felt disgusted.”

“Yul, baby… noooo…” Yoona nuzzles deeper in Yuri’s shoulder, kissing Yuri on the shoulder. “I think you were so hot…” Yoona giggles cutely.

That made Yuri grin goofily… And Yuri digs into her wallet, and Yoona looks surprisingly as Yuri took out a piece of paper, like the size of a message from a fortune cookie. Yuri hands it over to Yoona.

“I was eating dinner and I read my fortune.”

“You will spend your life with the one in your dreams but only if you do something about your reality.” Yoona reads it before smiling softly.

“I guess I should thank the fortune cookie factory for you…”

“I always pray for you…” Yuri admits shyly… “Every night…”

“What did you pray for?”

“For God to always take care of you and then maybe someday I could take care of you too.”

And Yoona had to close her eyes once again as she felt them b with tears. But Yuri wipes every tear, kissing her lips tenderly.

“And I’ll forever be thankful for that.” Yuri gives Yoona a peck on the lips. “I’m so scared, Yoong of losing you… of not having those chances anymore.”

Yoona cups Yuri’s cheek and kisses her lips.

“Don’t say that… please don’t Yul… because were going to try… we will.”

Yuri nods slowly, pulling Yoona into her embrace.

“If I can marry you now, I will…”

“We don’t have to be…” Yuri's eyes were filled with worry, but Yoona coos at her by caressing her cheek.“ It’s just a commitment written on a piece of paper. God knows… I know… that for me, you will always be the one…”

“Someday Yoona…” Yuri trails her words because in reality she still believes that there is a chance…

But Yoona captures Yuri’s words in a kiss…
*

“There are two cars out there… “Sooyoung says “I can go drive Yoona and Yuri together, the rest of you guys go to the other car.”

“Why?”

“We can’t risk the chance of Yuri reanimating and all of us in one vehicle.. we might not…” Sooyoung looks worriedly over to Yuri, but Yuri nods, she completely understood what Sooyoung meant.

“I might be dangerous and I could hurt you all. It's better to be safe.”

“Yoona? Can I talk to you for a bit?”

Yoona narrows her eyes, unsure of whether she should even listen to Hyomin. But she knows she has nothing to lose now, so she went.

“I just want to say that this is a dangerous and quite a stupid quest. And you’re bringing everyone with you..”

“If Yuri might end up getting saved, then it’s worth it…”

Those were Yoona’s last words, Yoona turns away but Hyomin pulls her back, slipping a piece of paper in Yoona’s pocket.

“I’m sorry about what happen to Yuri,” Hyomin says coldly, trying to hide her pity “She is the last person to deserve this. That’s Eunjung’s number…”

Yoona looks up at Hyomin in surprise.

“Eunjung?”

“Yes. She’s ummm an agent but she’s more than that. She might know more about this than anyone else…”

“Where can I find her?”

“She travels around, that’s why you have her number. But I heard, with the world going into chaos, they are starting a new community over on the River Oaks community.”

“River oaks? That’s where the rich people live.”

“It’s where they used to live.. they should be there…”

“Do you think Leeteuk is going to be there?”

Hyomin just snorts loudly “That Leeteuk? Is just a erted psycho freak… All he wants is some attention… He might twist you around, but he might lead you somewhere too… But wherever Eunjung is, Leeteuk is quite close, and wherever Leeteuk is, whoever is behind this… is quite close too…”

Yoona nods as she listens.

“And Yoona?”

“What?”

“Be careful.”

*

Sooyoung was about to lead the group out from the second floor, but she stops when she felt a pat on her shoulder.

“I’m already bit… I might as well go first…”

Yuri smiles at her bestfriend, and Sooyoung nods in response. Yuri presses her finger to her lip while she slowly walks down the stairs, she slides the cabinet slowly, making sure it doesn’t create any sound to alert the undead.

UAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH….

BANG.

But Yuri was fast enough to draw a gun at him… Signaling the others to go to the vehicles, Yoona gives Yuri’s waist a quick squeeze before heading out to others.

BANG. BANG.

Yuri looks up and sees Sunny and Hyomin up in the balcony…

“GO YUL! We will handle it from here…”

Yuri gives the two a thankful smile before fleeing to the garage. She saw the girls hurriedly getting into the pick up.

“Thank you…”

The girls remain still and wish they have the right words to say.

“Thank you for this…”

Jessica couldn’t contain her feelings anymore and was about to wrap Yuri in her embrace

“Oh Yul…”

“what the?” Jessica starts to groan as once again those midget legs beats her to Yuri.

“C’mon guys… let’s go…” Hyoyeon says out from the car “We don’t want Yuri to turn into a zombie don’t we?”

“Hyo…” Sooyoung says warningly

“That’s okay, Soo…” Yuri smiles whole heartedly at Hyoyeon.

“Don’t worry Yul, if you turn…” Hyoyeon says with a joking smirk. “I bet you’re the hottest zombie out there…”

“Jeshika won’t mind you eating her…” Taeyeon points to Jessica.

“Shut up…”

“That’s enough… let’s go…”

Yuri gives the girls one more smile before climbing in the car with Yoona.

“Ready Yul?”

Yuri smiles appreciatively before sitting beside Yoona. She unconsciously looks back at her wrist, the remnant of the horrible nightmare was still there. But right now, she’s sure she’s not alone.

“Ready…”

*

From the second floor window, Hyomin watches intently, itching for the girls to finally leave. When the two vehicles have finally drove away. She pulled out her phone.

“Hello?”

A sensual yet playful voice picked up on the other line.

“I thought you wouldn’t call.”

“Well, I would” Hyomin answers back “I just want to say they left.”

From the other line, a sinister grin crept on her face.

“Oooooohhhh… I can’t wait.”

59 hours left

TBC

Ok… cool… The action starts next chapter… :2guns:


And don’t worry… Yuri will live… I think… BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!! :sofa:


No… JK… jk… she will… :evil: