Chapter 11

Monsters (a yoonyul zombie fic)
 

Chapter 11

Ring

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

“Can I please have everyone’s attention?”

 

 

Everyone in the party turned away from their drinks and conversations to look at Sooyoung up in the little platform. The lanky detective has her usual beaming grin, the total opposite of the nervous looking Kwon Yuri who was standing beside her.

 

 

“She looks so adorable.” Tiffany playfully nudges Yoona on the side.

 

 

Yoona couldn’t agree more. Even if she is completely when Yuri takes control and be all aggressive, Yoona have to admit that seeing Yuri so shy and nervous is what made her adore the detective in the first place.

 

 

“My bestfriend Kwon Yuri here wants to say something… Yul?”

 

 

“Ummm… aaaahhh…” Yuri scratches her head nervously “Hi… I’m Yuri…”

 

She waves to the crowd, and then quickly stops when she realizes how silly she looks.

 

 

She nervously chuckles, making most of the women coo at her cuteness, except for Yoona whose eyes narrowed in jealousy.

 

 

“Ummm… one of Yoona’s conditions that she’ll say yes to me… IS for me to serenade her… And ummm most of you guys know that I’m such a… well… I’m not comfortable with those kinds of things.”

 

 

Yuri bits her lower lip softly, before giving a loving smile to the only girl deserving of it.

 

 

“But if the only way for Yoona to say yes is through a song, then, I’ll sing to the whole world if I have too.”

 

 

Yoona tried to down play her huge smile by biting on her lower lips, but it was hopeless against the girl she adores.

 

 

“So, this is from U from 4men and Yoona says this is her favorite song so I want to sing this for her.”

 

 

Yuri takes a deep breath before chuckling nervously.

 

 

“Yoona… please don’t break up with me if I butcher this song.”

 

 

Yuri sounded a bit nervous at the beginning, but still nobody could deny her sweet, husky voice. As her friends continue to cheer her on, Yuri’s confidence grows along with every note.

 

 

By the end of the song, everyone was off their feet and singing along with her.

 

 

“You are so awesome out there.” Yoona gives Yuri a good embrace as the raven haired girl went down the stage.

 

 

“I was? I couldn’t hear myself I could just hear my heart beating like crazy.”

 

 

“You know you are always so awesome to me.” Yoona playfully rubs their noses together.

 

 

“I’m glad you like it.”

 

 

“You know I was kidding, right?”

 

 

“About what? About my singing?” Yuri looks at Yoona curiously, who was now starting to kiss her all over.

 

 

“No…” Yoona pause with her kisses to let out a laugh. “I mean about how you should propose to me.”

 

 

“Well… I just want to make sure.”

 

 

Yuri’s words fumble as Yoona was still absorbed in their kiss.

 

 

“Yul… you know I will say yes to you.”

 

 

Yuri smiles sweetly and leans closer to meet the other girl’s lips.

 

 

“Ummmm… Yoong?”

 

 

“Yeah babe?”

 

 

“Let’s go somewhere.”

 

 

The raven haired girl tugs on her girlfriend’s hand, leading her outside to the gardens.

 

 

*

 

 

Once they were away from everyone’s view, the two’s lips found each other again. They were giggling like they’re giddy teenagers, lost in their romance.

 

 

But then their kisses have gone beyond playful.

 

 

They love each other that they always know. But sometimes they push their feelings to the edge and walk out the boundaries to lust. And love mixed with just the right amount of lust is a potent addiction for the two lovers.

 

 

It was Yoona who pulled away first from their kiss, her only reason was she needed Yuri that moment.

 

 

“Baby… let’s go home.”

 

 

Yuri could hear the neediness in Yoona’s moan. And she couldn’t deny that she needed Yoona too- Probably just as bad- But if Yoona say yes to her, they have their whole lives together.

 

 

She knew there was no perfect time to ask Yoona the question, than right now.

 

 

“W-wait… I just want to say something… Yoona… ummm…”

 

 

All of a sudden Yuri just went blank. The words and script that she have practiced over and over again just went poof in her head, her nerves was getting the best of her and now she’s drowning in her worse.

 

 

“Yul?”

 

 

“Oh ummm… ahhh…”

 

 

Yuri clenches the small blue box inside her coat’s pocket, before kneeling down and pulling the box out.

 

 

“Y-yoona… I… well…”

 

 

She almost fell to the ground as Yoona jumps on her in excitement.

 

 

“Yes!”

 

 

“You will?”

 

 

“Yes… Yes… Yes…”

 

 

“You will marry me?”

 

 

Yoona pulls away and could see those cute brown eyes getting all teary…

 

 

“Yul…” Yoona smiles, and she completely understands what Yuri is going through. It’s that moment when  you’re in eternal bliss and words doesn’t seem to be enough to describe how you feel.

 

 

“Don’t cry… You know I’ll marry you.”

 

 

“Yes… But…”

 

 

Yoona gives Yuri a kiss on the lips, before rubbing their noses cutely.

 

 

“I told unnie that if you don’t propose to me this year, then I’ll just end up proposing.”

 

 

Yuri blushed a bit at the thought of Yoona proposing to her.

 

 

“Oh wait.”

 

 

Yuri opens the box and Yoona could feel her heart skipping a beat when she saw the round cut diamond platinum ring.

 

 

“Yul… babe… this is too much.”

 

 

“It’s you, Yoong…” Yuri presses a kiss on Yoona’s temple “You’re worth the whole world.”

 

 

“Then, I promise that I will be the best wife, who will take care of you and love you and just…”

 

 

Yoona let out a playful shriek as Yuri lifted her off.

 

 

“This is the happiest day of my life!!!” Yuri says happily, her smile the look of infinite bliss. She leans her forehead against Yoona before softly saying...

 

 

“You just made me the happiest person in this world.”

 

 

“Everyday I feel that way…” Yoona professes.

 

 

Their lips meet again and this time, they were ready to be one again.

 

 

“Let’s go home…”

 

 

End of flashback

 

*

 

 

Jang Geun Suk…

 

 

His name was enough to vaporize the whole room, out every air that leaves Yuri struggling to breathe.

 

 

Just hearing his name instantly brought questions into her mind. Questions to answers she’s not even sure existed.

 

 

As soon as the bell rings, she was ready to spring out of there, but the beautiful teacher approaches her before she could even make a head to the door.

 

 

“Yuri- shii?”

 

 

Yuri couldn’t help but admire how polite the girl is. It was like she was from the olden days, where everyone is so kind hearted and polite.

 

 

“You can just call me Yuri…”

 

 

Yuri turns to Yoonhee and immediately saw the silver band in her ring finger.

 

 

“So, are you waiting for Ms. Eunjung?”

 

 

Yuri smiles amusingly at how formal Yoonhee speaks.

 

 

“You call her so formally…”

 

 

“Oh…” Yoonhee quickly gazes downward to hide her smile “She’s one of the leaders in this town. She’s very well respected.”

 

 

Yuri without a second thought, took Yoonhee’s books and lesson plans when she sees the girl trying to close the school building.

 

 

 “I could wait outside for her.”

 

 

“Well, if you like I could take you where you need to go.”

 

 

“You will?” Yuri says thankfully.

 

 

But Yuri ended up debating to herself to what she really needs to do right now. A part of her wants to just forget this all and start looking for Yoona, yet another part of her knows she will be restless until she finds the answers to her questions.

 

 

But she realizes if she needed answers, there is one place that might answer both.

 

 

“Ummm… I’m planning to go to the city hall.”

 

 

Yuri immediately noticed the change in expression in Yoonhee at what she said. It’s as if she said something that have immensely frighten Yoonhee.

 

 

“Y-you don’t have to.”

 

 

“No… no…” Yoonhee shakes her head before smiling softly. “I could take you there.”

 

 

*

 

As they were walking to town, Yuri could feel the atmosphere getting heavier as a group of elder women watching them with such spite.

 

 

“Don’t worry about them…” Yoonhee whispers softly.

 

 

Yoonhee’s steps seem to slow down as she approaches the city hall.

 

 

“Yoonhee-shii?”

 

 

Yoonhee turns and smiles at Yuri, “Just Yoonhee… no need to be so formal.”

 

 

“Yoonhee… I ummm… thank you so much for taking me here. I’m okay now…”

 

 

“Okay…” Yoonhee bows politely, she looks like she’s ready to run away that very second “Maybe I’ll see you again tomorrow?”

 

 

Yoonhee was quite surprised with herself for asking something like that.

 

 

“Yeah I will…”

 

 

“It was nice meeting-“

 

 

But the sound of a sickeningly sweet voice broke into their conversation.

 

 

“Is that you, darling?”

 

 

It made Yuri turn around and she saw the face to that voice. It has been a couple of years since she last saw him, but it felt like nothing physically changed. He still has those feminine features and his tight fitting outfits only complimented it.

 

 

But the way his lips curve in such a fiendish smirk made Yuri quickly become wary of him. He observes Yuri carefully… too slowly if you ask Yuri, before his eyes went back to Yoonhee.

 

 

 “Geun Suk…” Yoonhee bows down.

 

 

“So formal…”

 

 

Yoonhee obviously flinches as soon as Geun Suk runs his finger through her cheek.

 

 

“That’s what I love so much about you…”

 

 

Geun Suk’s face quickly twisted in disgust as he sees his wife quickly curling up to this stranger for protection.

 

 

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend, my love?”

 

 

“Oh yes I forgot… forgive me… Ummm… This is Kwon Yuri, Yuri, this is ummm Jang Geun Suk.”

 

 

“Her husband…” Geun Suk added.

 

 

“Y-yes… he is…”

 

 

Yuri could hear the way Yoonhee greeted him. It wasn’t what a wife would greet her husband, it’s how a slave would greet her master.

 

 

 “Kwon Yuri? Nice to finally meet you. I heard so many things about you.”

 

 

“You did?”

 

 

Geun Suk scowls at the how Yoonhee’s voice sounded. It made him sick to his stomach to hear her sound like some curious high schooler wondering about a crush. And he hated it, and for that he makes sure that he would remind Yoonhee tonight who she belongs to.

 

 

Yoonhee quickly catches the displeasing look in Geun suk’s gaze and immediately turns away, knowing how things might turn up if this goes on.

 

 

“So, what brings you here? Or do you miss me that bad?”

 

 

Yoonhee winces in pain as Geun Suk squeezes her arm too tightly. Yuri had wanted to rip his arm away from her, but she knew her boundaries…

 

 

“Ummm… Yuri…”

 

 

“Yuri?” He raised his brow at the informality…

 

 

“I mean Yuri-shii… Wanted to visit the city hall…”

 

 

He raises his brow suspiciously before turning to Yuri.

 

 

“Really? What for?”

 

 

“Ummm… ahhh nothing… I’m new to this place so I wanted to see the different places.. Yoonhee-shii has been very helpful.”

 

 

“I know… She’s always so kind hearted… You know my darling here is quite an excellent cook.”

 

 

Yoonhee just bows slightly, hiding her soft blush.

 

 

“So, why don’t you come over in our home for dinner tomorrow night?”

 

 

“Ummm… I would love to.”

 

 

“Well then good… It’s been long since we have a visitor, right darling? ”

 

 

“Yes…”

 

 

“We can’t wait to see you… C’mon darling, let’s go home…”

 

 

 Geun Suk said before leading Yoonhee away.

 

 

It wasn’t a question, it was a command.

 

 

Yuri watches as the two walk ahead. And even from a distance, she could see how stiff Yoonhee looked as Geun Suk wraps his arm around her waist.

 

 

*

 

A few of the town’s men have been eyeing Yoona for ages. Waiting for the right chance to strike and ask her out. They know of her heartbreak and vows to be the one to rescue her and be her prince charming.

 

 

It was the typical crowd in the café on a Friday night. Everyone was just enjoying their coffee and company. All of them weaning themselves from the horrible nightmare the world have put them through.

 

 

Of course as expected, there would be one group of men with all their eyes on the girls’ table. Tonight was the night, one of them gathered up the guts to finally walk over and talk to the doe eyed princess.

 

 

“Hi Yoona…” A broad shoulder man was the first to talk.

 

 

Tiffany who was sitting right beside Yoona, gives the girl a playful nudge, but Yoona ignores both Tiffany’s teasing and the guy.

 

 

“Hi oppa…”

 

 

“It’s a great night tonight, huh?” He pulls an empty chair from the other table and sits beside Yoona. Yoona purposely scoot away, not wanting to share her personal space with anyone.

 

 

“Yes… it kinda is.”

 

 

Yoona puts her focus more on slowly stirring her coffee. She hopes that this guy was smart enough and gets the hint that she’s not interested. Unfortunately, he didn’t and instead he only scooted more.

 

 

“Me and my friends, were wondering if you and your friends.”

 

 

But before he could even finish his sentence, Yoona purposely raises her hand to show off the engagement ring on her finger.

 

 

Yoona’s action stunned him a bit. When he realizes that it was Yoona’s polite way of turning him down, he quickly got off his seat and bow embarrassingly.

 

 

“Yoong…” Tiffany reprimanded Yoona in a soft tone.

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“You can’t… you just… you know…” Tiffany was usually so brash and honest about things. But when it comes to Yoona’s situation with Yuri, she still have a hard time telling the doe eyed girl that it’s time to move on.

 

 

“Are you going to tell me too that it’s time for me to move on?”

 

 

The other girls exchanged worried glances.

 

 

“Unnie… I know you guys are worried about me… But I’m okay… I’m okay like this… I may not go out on dates, but it doesn’t mean I’m lonely… Honestly I…”

 

 

Yoona thought she would not cry today, but here were her tears betraying her once again.

 

 

“I’m not ready to be with anyone else and I don’t think I will ever be. I hope you guys understand that…”

 

 

Tiffany was about to reason out once again, but Taeyeon place her hand on Tiffany, signaling her that there is no point.

 

 

The mood suddenly got heavy after the conversation. No words were spoken but the unspoken feelings made the tension heavier. It was Yoona who finally made the first step and excused herself out of the table.

 

 

**

 

“So, did you enjoy our town?”

 

 

Eunjung’s voice broke into Yuri’s thoughts. She looks to her hand and didn’t even realize that she was making something with the paper napkin.

 

 

“Ummm yeah…” Yuri was fidgeting around with the paper napkin. “I met Yoonhee’s husband…”

 

 

This is what Hyomin was afraid of, and now Eunjung wished that maybe… just maybe… she could have listen to the other girl.

 

 

“So, what did he say?” Eunjung tried to sound casual.

 

 

“He’s inviting me over for dinner in their house tomorrow night.”

 

 

“You said yes?”

 

 

“Ummm yeah…”

 

 

Yuri finally turns away from the napkin she was playing with and gazes at Eunjung.

 

 

“I don’t understand, why someone as kind hearted and beautiful as Yoonhee would marry him.”

 

 

“She wouldn’t if she has a choice…”

 

 

Eunjung never realized how unfair the world was, until she learned about Yoonhee’s story. People might see her now as submissive and weak, but Eunjung never knew anyone who could still be as brave as her.

 

 

But it was Yoonhee’s story to tell, not hers. So, if Yuri wanted to know, then she would have to ask Yoonhee.

 

 

“You just have to bear with it for a bit Yuri…” Eunjung gives Yuri a comforting smile “So, what’s your plan for tomorrow morning?”

 

 

“Well… I’m going over to the city hall and maybe ask them if they have files about Yoona.”

 

 

“Your world is about this Yoona girl, is it?”

 

 

Eunjung observes the other girl carefully, watching as Yuri laid the paper rose in the coffee table.

 

 

“Yes.” Yuri answers immediately “I don’t see the point of moving on if she’s not beside me.”

 

 

“Then, what if she’s dead?”

 

 

Eunjung almost steps away as she saw how those once so shy brown eyes suddenly turned dark.

 

 

And without any hesitation, Yuri answers…

 

 

“Then, I’ll kill the person who killed her…”

 

 

***

  

 

Yoona finds it so ridiculous when only a flimsy fence separates the so called safe zones from the infected zones.

 

 

She was taking her usual night stroll and from the other side, she could still hear the low, guttural moans of a few zombies.

 

 

She wonders if those zombies have some love ones still mourning for them, or maybe they were fortunate not to have seen someone they love suffered.  And a part of her was thankful, that even if Yuri was shot, at least she didn’t turn into one of those flesh eaters.

 

 

And as thankful as she is to be still surrounded by everyone she loves, Yoona wonders if maybe all she needed was to get away to help her move on…

 

 

Yuri would have wanted her to live again, but it was easier said than done. But her Taeyeon unnie is right, and if Yuri is watching her from above, Yoona would have like her to be smiling down at her, not crying along.

 

 

“I’ll be okay, baby… just give me some time…”

 

 

*

 

 

Yoona heaves a sharp breath as soon as she walks in to her bedroom. They live in an almost dorm setting now. There is a huge living room downstairs, a kitchen and dining room where they can all share and every girl has their own room upstairs.

 

 

And as comforting it was to have her unnies with her, she liked the feeling of being alone in her room. It’s these times where she’s free to imagine about her and Yuri…

 

 

Their work schedule usually keeps them apart, but that doesn’t make their love any less. They both have stressful jobs but when they’re together they would end up just talking, sometimes they would just laugh for no reason and they’re completely happy with that.

 

 

Sometimes there were no words necessary and they would just kiss the night away or most of the time, they just make love until the crack of dawn…

 

Yes, they have their ups and downs too and they do fight, but they were too in love that they try to fix everything before they go to bed. Usually even if it’s Yoona’s fault, Yuri would leave a paper rose on their bedside table just to say she’s sorry.

 

 

Now in this bedroom is where Yoona both feel so happy, yet at the same time, so alone with only her memories of Yuri to keep her company.

 

 

She could feel her tears welling up again when she caught sight of what’s place in her bedside table.

 

 

She quickly sits up, her heart couldn’t figure out how to make her feel as she saw the paper napkin rose in front of her.

 

 

She picks it up with her trembling fingers, twisting the make up stem around.

 

 

It was only Yuri who did this for her. It might seem corny for other people but for Yoona, it’s something she would happily think about everyday. If someone among her friends did this, then this is such a sick joke. A sick and very cruel joke.

 

 

Yoona was too preoccupied with the paper rose in her hand that it was too late when she realized that someone has crept behind her.

 

 

Yoona starts to trash around when someone wring their arm around her neck. The man’s hand starts to cover to muffle her words.

 

 

“Be quiet…” He hissed

 

 

But she didn’t, she continue to fight, swinging her arms and legs at the man behind her, hoping to escape.

 

 

“I said stop…”

 

 

But Yoona never did. The paper rose fell from Yoona’s hand and she started to cry for it. She knows it was pathetic but if it was her only connection to Yuri then she’ll take it.

 

 

“If you want to know where Yuri is, then stop…”

 

 

Just by the mention of her love’s name and Yoona completely froze.

 

 

“S-she died…”

 

 

“No… she’s not… who do you think made that rose?”

 

 

“Where is she?”

 

 

“Just trust me…”

 

 

This man could be lying, this man could bring her to her death, but if this stranger knew something about Yuri, then Yoona was willing to gamble her life just to know.

 

 

*

 

Yuri ever so often would glance up from her plate so she could look at Yoonhee. The doe eyed girl was chewing so slowly and it somehow made Yuri smile a bit.

 

 

Yoona used to eat like that when they first started dating. It was so simple but it was so enchanting for Yuri that she would end up just watching Yoona instead of eating during those times.

 

 

But when she and Yoona were finally getting close, Yoona showed her real side. Yuri was amaze with how fast and how many plates Yoona could finish. It was a skill that could rival Sooyoung’s.

 

 

“So, Yuri what do you think of our town?”

 

 

Geun suk’s charismatic tone broke Yuri out of her trance. Yuri paused for a little bit before turning to Geun Suk.

 

 

“I haven’t gotten a good chance to visit everything but so far, I love everything about this place.”

 

 

“That’s good…” Geun suk smiled,  “People are so obsessed with living in the city, but not me. I belong right here.”

 

 

He smiles knowingly at Yoonhee but Yoonhee never returned his gaze.

 

 

“That’s what attracted me to this town in the first place. I live in the city all my life, but when I came to this town I just fell in love with it… and of course…”

 

 

He took Yoonhee’s hand in his, squeezing it possessively.

 

 

“I met the love of my life here…”

 

 

Yuri could only force a weak smile before returning her attention to her food.

 

 

“This is really good food, Yoonhee- shii…”

 

 

“Thank you…”

 

 

Those were the first words that Yoonhee spoke in that dinner.

 

 

“Did you make this?”

 

 

“Yes” Geun suk cuts in “Before Yoonhee became a teacher, she was making pastries and bread and selling them.”

 

 

Yuri could see a pained smile in Yoonhee’s face. As if unearthing her past seem so painful. Yuri notices how Yoonhee slowly pulled away. She gently her platinum infinity ring as if asking it for strength. Yuri turns to Geun Suk's hand and saw that his wedding band was different. Somebody else might have given that ring to Yoonhee, someone she must have hoped to protect her.

 

 

“Oh… ahhh… How about you … ummm Sir? What was your profession before this entire thing happened?

 

 

“I was a virologist…”

 

 

Geun suk’s answer felt like a puzzle piece for Yuri. A few more left and maybe she’ll finish the whole picture of what is going on.

 

 

“You mean you studied viruses?”

 

 

“Yes… I did…”

 

 

Geun suk slowly took a sip of his wine.

 

 

“Then, you would probably have some idea how all of this might started?”

 

 

Even from behind the wine glass, Yuri could see Geun Suk’s lips curve into a sinister smile.

 

 

“I might…”

 

 

Yuri was waiting for the man to press on, but he remained quiet.

 

 

“After dinner, a few of my colleagues are coming over to discuss… hmmm… expansion… We would like for you to join us…”

 

 

Yuri eyes him strangely, wondering why she would be included in such a gathering.

 

 

“Ummm… that’s an honor to be included. Thank you I would…”

 

 

“Good…”

 

 

And for the rest of the meal, it was quiet once again.

 

 

*

 

 

“Daesung?”

 

 

He was the first that Yuri notice when she walks in Geun suk’s office. He welcomed Yuri with a brotherly hug, and a part of Yuri felt comforted to be around someone she knew.

 

Yuri turns to the door and saw Eunjung followed by Hyomin…

 

 

“Hyomin?”

 

 

Yuri couldn’t understand how she felt seeing Hyomin there.The questions she thought she found the answers too turned out to be wrong.  What is this coalition that she just joined?

 

 

“Where’s Sunny? Do you know where Yoona is?”

 

 

“Calm down… Yuri… calm down!”

 

 

It was Geun Suk who entered last, waving his almost effeminate arms to settle Yuri.

 

 

 “Like I said earlier, Yuri, I heard quite a lot of things about you.”

 

 

“I’m just a police officer.” 

 

 

“Ahhhh… but you’re more than that… You… you have that commanding presence, that never say die attitude that I would love to have in my group.”

 

 

Yuri looks confusedly at each one of them. The questions were still not answered in her head, who are these people and what do they want.

 

 

“What do you do in your group?”

 

 

“Well… basically, we are the leaders of this town. I’m the chief as they all say, Daesung here is my muscle, Hyomin is the brain in the whole thing and Eunjung, well she’s the jack of all trades.”

 

 

“What would I do?”

 

 

“Like I told you earlier, we are trying to expand… There are 12 survival camps and I have been trying to be in negotiation with one of the leaders to join our camps. But he refused. So, I’m taking it in my own will to expand whether he likes it or not”

 

 

Yuri finally realizes what all of this is about. She decided right then and there that’s she’s not going to take any part of it.

 

 

“After all our country has been through, you’re going to do this?” Yuri answers.

 

 

“It’s for good purposes… And I want you to be in my side, be one of my captains.”

 

 

“No…”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“I said no… I don’t want to put this people through more hell just because you’re a selfish *******.”

 

 

“SHUT UP!”

 

 

Geun Suk raises his hand to silence Hyomin.

 

 

“It’s ok… Hyomin…” He smiles delightfully “It’s a little sacrifice that their people are going to go through, after that… They will be under a more powerful government.”

 

 

“The answer is no…”

 

 

“I knew you were going to say that… Daesung, bring me the box…”

 

 

Yuri could judge that by that sinister smile in Geun suk’s face that this box would cause her more trouble.

 

 

“Here… this is for you…”

 

 

Yuri just ended up staring at intently at the box.

 

 

“Here… take it…”

 

 

Yuri walks closer to him and took the box carefully. Somewhere inside her, she knew that this box was like her very own pandora’s box. That the moment she opens it, all it would unleash was nothing but suffering and unimaginable evil.

 

 

And she was right…

 

 

The box immediately slips from Yuri’s trembling hand as she saw what’s inside.  A bloody, severed finger with the diamond engagement ring that looks just like the one she bought Yoona. The box fell to the ground and the bloody finger rolled out from it.

 

 

Geun suk smiled casually…

 

 

“Look… still fresh…”

 

 

They hurt her. They hurt her Yoong. Yuri has never felt as useless as she did now. All she ever vowed was to take care, protect and love Yoona and what did she do? She couldn’t do anything to protect her.

 

They hurt her darling… And she couldn’t do anything about it.

 

 

Yuri took her handkerchief from her pocket, but just when she’s about to reach out for the finger. Geun Suk stomps on it.

 

 

Geun Suk saw Yuri’s sign of weakness as the perfect time to strike. Why not kick the one who’s already down?

 

 

“We were supposed to just get you the ring… but she wouldn’t give it up so we have to just get her finger…”

 

Just when they thought they had Yuri buried 6 feet deep, she started to rise from the grave.

 

 

“You hurt her…”

 

 

They were startled when they gaze into Yuri’s eyes. Those eyes that were once so broken have now become so dark with fury.

 

 

“You hurt her…” She snarls through her clench teeth, the whisper was so low yet so deep that Eunjung though it was the devil talking.

 

 

“YOU HURT HER!!!!!!”

 

 

Before Geun Suk could even react, Yuri already lunges at him.

 

 

For once in his life, he felt terrified. There was no other emotion in Yuri’s eyes but hate and anger. The anger became unbearable that it turned into insanity.

 

 

 “Yuri…”

 

 

Daesung and Hyomin pulls the girl away. They couldn’t imagine how strong she was, as she shoves them away, her anger giving her almost a monstrous strength.

 

“You hurt her! How dare you hurt her?!”

 

 

Yuri’s fingers were clench tightly around Geun suk. She squeezes his neck until she could hear him croaking.

 

 

“Tell me where Yoona is…” She snarls at the three “Or I’m going to snap the neck of your leader…”

 

 

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you…”

 

 

Hyomin pulls out her gun and aimed it at Yuri, But Yuri just pulls Geun Suk off his seat and used him a shield.

 

 

“You can shoot me but you have to shoot him first, so if I were you I would say where Yoona is now…”

 

 

“If you kill him, that won’t make us talk… One of us will take over and trust me… You’re just going to end up dead…”

 

 

It was Hyomin trying to negotiate, but threats weren’t working with Yuri. Instead she squeezes much harder until all Geun Suk can say was a pathetic whimper. 

 

 

 “That’s just one finger, Yuri… do you want us to send you the nine others? Or maybe you would want her head? How’s that? Or how about this… Why don’t we send your head to her? Just imagine how that will drive her insane…”

 

 

“If I help you, you are going to let Yoona go.”

 

 

The three exchanged confused looks.

 

 

“We will have to discuss it.”

 

 

“Not an option!”

 

 

Geun Suk starts to sob in pain and in fear as Yuri was close to snapping his head off.

 

 

“Yes… we will…” Daesung was the one who steps in to reason. This time they decided to plea…

 

 

 “Now please… please Yuri… just hear us out.”

 

 

“You hurt her,” She snarls at Daesung, before shoving Geun Suk to the floor.

 

 

She sees Geun Suk, trying to regain his color and composure back, but she just scoffs not feeling any regret at all.

 

 

 “You have quite a temper there…”

 

 

“Don’t push me…”

 

 

Daesung and Hyomin pulls Yuri back, fearing that the monster in her would resurface again.

 

 

 “What do you want from me? Aren’t they enough?”

 

 

“Well… I believe that the more the merrier. Our plan is pretty simple, we have a truck load of zombies drop them off as a gift and well… we know what happens next…”

 

 

“And what about Yoona?”

 

 

“We will give her back to you of course, sorry she’s missing one finger but…”

 

 

Yuri’s hand quickly flew back at Geun suk’s throat again.

 

 

“I said don’t push me…”

 

 

“I apologize…” He says almost comically “So, why don’t we get together and plan this attack, shall we?”

 

 

Yuri just let out a low growl before turning away.

 

 

“I don’t want to. Just call me when you’re ready…” Yuri snaps angrily before swinging Geun suk’s door open.

 

 

*

 

 

Yuri could feel her heart breaking at just the thought of someone hurting her Yoong. The pain became too unbearable that she starts to clutch her chest, leaning on the walls to support her.

 

 

Then, out of nowhere her tears starts to fall…

 

 

“Yuri…”

 

 

But before Daesung could reason out, Yuri grabs him by the shoulder and slams him in the wall…

 

 

“Where did you get that ring?”

 

 

“It’s… it’s…”

 

 

“You might try to fool me with that severed finger, but I know every inch of Yoona and that finger wasn’t hers. But the ring…”

 

 

“I can’t say anything to you right now, Yuri…”

 

 

“Try…”

 

 

Daesung knows he’s going to get punished when they found out about this. But Yuri and him have known each other for so long, that they have this brother- sister relationship.

 

 

“I need you to go with me, Yuri…”

 

 

Yuri eyed him cautiously, wondering where she should even believe him.

 

 

“Where?”

 

 

“Just trust me…”

 

 

Yuri didn’t even know if she could even trust Daesung again. But if this is her only chance to see Yoona again, then she’s willing to gamble away her life.

 

 

***

 

 

“Yoona?” Taeyeon peeks her head and didn’t see any movement or any sign of life inside the room.

 

 

“Yoong? Hey…”

 

 

Taeyeon walks over to the lump in the bed. She sighs painfully, patting the lump slowly.

 

 

“Yoona… let’s…”

 

 

Taeyeon was surprise how fluffy Yoona was before figuring out what this all meant. She flipped the blankets and instead of Yoona, she saw two pillows underneath.

 

 

“Taeyeon…” Hyoyeon pops her head inside the room. “Sunny is here… she said everything is ready…”

 

 

“B-but…” Taeyeon turns back to the empty bed. “Yoona is not here…”

 

 

 “Well maybe she’s into one of her night walks again…”

 

 

“Well then… I’ll just go after you guys, let me just wait for Yoona…”

 

 

Before Hyoyeon could reply, Sunny walks inside to join the two.

 

 

“Sunny, just go ahead… Yoona is not here so I’ll just wait until she comes back…”

 

 

“Don’t worry about Yoona, Daesung already got her…”

 

 

The two girls exchanged surprised looks at the mention of his name.

 

 

“Daesung?”

 

 

***

 

The captain of the 7th brigade stares out at the horizon in front of her. The sun is slowly making its way to greet the Earth.

 

 

It was one of the great things about her sector. Since they are located on the higher grounds, they could almost see their whole world from their windows. Her view from her patio shows her the different camps, separated by high walls… Some camps are bigger than others, some more developed yet all have their own distinct ones.

 

 

It was during these moments when she wonders what her darling is doing now… Somewhere in those camps, her darling is still waiting for her, waiting for her to save her.

 

 

Her hand slowly glided to her silver necklace, moving her fingers until she felt the ring in her grasp. She caresses the infinity platinum ring between her fingers. The ring that is like the only reminder of the one she loves…

 

 

“Don’t worry Yoonhee…” She whispers softly “I’ll be back soon, baby…”

 

 

“Yoh!”

 

 

The raven haired captain only narrowed her eyes at the casual greeting. But it was her co Captain Seungri that she’s talking about, there is no point taking him seriously.

 

 

“Yoh Cap…”

 

 

She ignores him, hoping that will give him the idea that she doesn’t respond to such nickname.

 

 

“Captain Anna Choi… Earth to Anna Choi!”

 

 

“What?” She finally snaps back at her.

 

 

Seeing her irritated expression just amused him greatly.

 

 

“So cold cap… hehe…” The once so mischievous Captain suddenly went serious “We finally receive the call from our source… She said they’re planning to attack tomorrow night…”

 

 

“Not if we attack first…”

 

 

Seungri nods, smirking happily that there is finally some action.

 

 

“Tell everyone to prepare everything for tonight…”

 

 

Seungri nods before turning away.

 

 

“And make sure to tell them…”

 

 

Seungri stilled his steps to listen to his boss’ final command. And even if he couldn’t see her face, he could almost imagine that menacing grin creeping on her gorgeous lips.

 

 

“Geun Suk is mine.”

 

 

TBC

 

  

Next chapter will be flashback on how it all started...

 

 Thank you for reading!