Chapter 14

Monsters (a yoonyul zombie fic)

Chapter 14





 

“Chief Park?”


Chief Park felt a shiver racing through his spine at the sound of his name rolling off Dr. Im’s tongue. After that fateful night, his dreams have been flooded with lewd memories. Nothing ever felt so visceral for him, that the sight was still so vivid inside his head. He could see every bead of sweat that trickled down her fair skin, he could hear every desperate moan escaping through her lips, and like a drug, he could feel the pleasure coursing up his veins as she let go.


After that night, his grandiose image of doctor Im was reduced to repulsion. She was tainted now, marked and destroyed by someone.


“Chief Park?” Doctor Im uttered again, but this time with a hint of irritation.


He craned his neck, just enough to catch the puzzled expression on her face. Her looked made his lips curve into a crooked smile. He remained silent for a little while, savoring at the thought of Dr. Im trying to get his attention.


“Chief Park?”


“Yes Doctor Im?”


“Chief…” She steps close enough that his senses slowly brimmed of her. The scent of her perfume infusing in the air, the glow of her skin stunning everyone in sight, the sound of her voice, husky yet seductive at the same time.


She was close enough, but not too close. And that little distance between them just festers into his soul. The feeling of disgust quickly became obsession. It’s a dangerous emotion that he succumbs to without any hesitation. He tries to fulfill this need, but ended up unsatisfied with those lifeless bodies. He even tries to turn them into her, but that was another glaring mistake.


There was only one Im Yoona, and he’s willing to go through hell and back just to have her.


But there is one thing that’s coming in between him and his dreams… Detective Kwon Yuri.


If he comes to think about it, it’s not really Doctor Im’s fault. All she ever was is a victim of Detective Kwon. The detective lured her with cheesy romance and . Sure, the detective was beautiful. But other than that, what can she offer Doctor Im?


Nothing… nothing… that’s right, Detective Kwon has nothing.


Doctor Im didn’t know any better, she was blinded by Detective Kwon. It was up to him to open her eyes to the truth. That he was much better than she could ever be.


Now that he thinks about this, maybe this negotiation with Park Leeteuk can work to his advantage. Maybe it’s his best chance to rid himself of Detective Kwon, without having his hands dirty.

He picks up the phone, ready to let another one do his dirty work for him.

“Hello Sergeant Ok? Send Detective Kwon to investigate the murder in Servers Avenue.”


End of flashback…

***

The chief told him that he was given Sector 6 because of his dedication and loyalty to him. Ok Taecyeon believed him, he always did. It took him a couple of months to fully realize that all he was ever good at is being a puppet to his chief and worse, to this Park Leeteuk.


Yes he’s an arrogant fukc but he still knows when to draw the line.


Like right now, If there was one thing that Taecyeon grew up knowing, it’s that he’s blessed with brooding good looks. And his looks and physique was what he need to draw ladies to him, so for him there is no point in forcing a woman to submission.


So, when he saw the weeping girl tied and thrown in the trunk, he knew this was uncalled for. This was wrong in all spectrums.


“Ummm Boss… What’s going on?”


His boss, chief Park was nothing more but a remnant of what he once was. The once revered and proud man has now become a sad and pathetic man, with his neck tied around the leash for Leeteuk to yank around.


“Take it as a thank you gift…”


The answered caught Taecyeon off guard, who do this man think he is? Sure he might be seating in a powerful rank, but that doesn’t excuse him from tormenting these helpless girls.


“A thank you gift? For what?”


“What’s wrong, Taec?”


Taecyeon hissed as Leeteuk came out of nowhere. Taecyeon was 6’0 man yet he shivered at the sight of Leeteuk. There was always something evil about him that he could never pinpoint. His lack of conscience and care made him so dangerous.

“Can’t get it up?”


If there is something Taecyeon couldn’t stand it’s someone debasing his manhood. And Leeteuk is well aware of that, playing Taecyeon’s weakness in the palm of his grimy hand.


“I don’t need to force a girl! I can get a woman anytime that I want too!!!”


“She’s resisting… that makes it more… Hmmm. Fun, don’t you think?”


The amusement on the chief’s smug face made Taecyeon back away.


“Well… Don’t worry about that for now, I don’t think she’s going away anytime soon.


The girl’s eyes widen in fear, screaming through her muffled mouth as she saw the vile smirk on the pale guy’s face.


“We have no time Taec, I just got a report from my source that Geun suk has been killed.”


But Taecyeon couldn’t even hear clearly what Leeteuk says since all he could think about is the vile smile gracing his lips.

“Your friend is dead and you’re smiling like that?”


“He got a little bit out of his head, thinking he could take over the different sectors. It’s a good thing someone took care of him.”


“So, what do you want to do now?”


A vicious snarl slowly spread in Leeteuk’s lips as he answers Taecyeon.


“I think I want to pay my good friend a visit.”


***


Kwon Yuri could stare at Yoona for the rest of her life.


Right now, there is nothing in this world that she would rather do than climb back to bed and snuggle next to her darling. But after her conversation with Agent Choi, she felt like she doesn’t have the right or deserve to be with someone like Yoona.


Agent Choi called her a coward, a weakling for not taking the mission. But couldn’t she understand how hard it is to be apart from the one she loves?


The empty spot in the bed, wouldn’t go unnoticed for too long. Yoona was reaching out for her darling, but when she found it empty, she quickly jolts up in bed. It frightened her that the beautiful memory was nothing more but a dream.


“Y-yul?”


“Hey…”


Yoona sat up straighter, her tense nerves slowly relaxing as she saw how gorgeous Yuri looks basking under the moon light streaming through the window.


“Babe? Is something wrong?”


“Ummm no…” Yuri answered, but her forced smile made it obvious that she lied.

“Then, why aren’t you in bed?”
“I just can’t sleep.”


Yoona knew better than trying to pry something out from Yuri. She used to get so mad at Yuri for this reason. It made her feel that Yuri didn’t trust her enough to open up her problems. But Yuri was patient in making her understand, that she just doesn’t want Yoona to worry.


Being with Yuri taught her that action sometimes means so much more than words.


Yoona stood up and slowly strode towards Yuri. She’s too gorgeous for words that even the simple action of getting out of bed was entrancing for Yuri.


“What’s wrong, baby?”


As soon as Yoona was within reach, Yuri tugs her almost in a possessive manner. This beautiful girl, this perfect girl was hers and how Yuri wished that by her embrace she could prove it to everyone. But still there are people, obsessively trying to take her lover away from her.


Yuri held her countless times, yet Yoona couldn’t remember a moment where Yuri had ever held her this tight. Her embrace felt protective, fierce yet so soothing and loving. It was an embrace that was enough to reassure Yoona that everything will be okay.


Yuri presses her forehead against her lover’s. “You know I love you, right? You know I would do anything to protect you?”


“Why are you asking me that?” Yoona reassures her with a kiss. “Of course I do. I never doubt that for one second.”


“It’s just that, sometimes I feel like I’m not worthy of you.” Yuri’s admission made her feel weak, but even if she felt like she was faltering there was Yoona giving her strength.


The doe eyed girl reaches out to gently her lover’s cheek.


“Don’t ever say that. Don’t Yul. I know you can’t help it, that it’s just who you are. You are too good that even if it hurts you believe everything that people say.”


Yoona presses their forehead together, urging Yuri to look at her as she made a promise.

“But if I have to tell you over and over again, then I will babe…”

Yoona nudges Yuri once again, affectionately nuzzling their noses together.


“The only place I would rather be is right beside you.”

What Yuri lack in words, she makes up with her embrace.

Flashback…


“I’m sorry but no.”


Agent Choi Anna’s stoic face contorted into a puzzled frown from what she heard. She paused for a little bit allowing the information to seep into her head.


“What?”


“I said I’m sorry but no. I’m not taking this mission.” Yuri said it once again and this time she said it loud and clear.


The Agent who thought this was an easy conversation going her way, now finds herself backpedalling right back to the detective.


“Yoona doesn’t know who the dollmaker is and what he really wants. And I would like to keep it that way. We have been apart for too long and getting myself in this mission would hurt her again. And I won’t do that, not anymore. Right now all I care about and all that matters is Yoona.”


“Do you hear what you’re saying?”


Anna has her usual proud and mighty stance. As she drew closer she thought she could dwarf the detective and force her to submit. But when they were standing face to face, she could see from the impression on Yuri’s face that she wasn’t going to back down easily, or maybe back down at all.


“Yes. The dollmaker is more of my nightmare rather than Yoona’s. If I have to remain sleepless for the rest of my life, then so be it. But there is no way that I would go out and leave Yoona again.”


This is where Anna drew the difference between the two of them. They might be “similar” but their difference in desires had created a huge boundary between them.


The agent could only scoff, how dare they compare her to a coward?


“I never thought that the great Kwon Yuri was such a coward.”


Yuri didn’t bother to respond, knowing damn well that all the Agent wants to do is infuriate her.
“Did you ever think of Yoona?”


“She’s the only one I think about!” Yuri felt agitated by the Agent’s taunt.


“Then, what do you think she would feel when she would see you wake up from your nightmare, or that you’re always on edge over something she has no idea about.”


Yuri gazes to her side to avoid having a staring match against the Agent. Just like always, Choi Anna knows when she won as she say her last words.


“This would kill her as much as it would kill you.”


End of flashback…


“Shhhh…” Yoona slowly coos. She could feel Yuri slowly being at ease, as she nuzzles her nose in her lover’s neck. “It’s okay, love… it’s okay.”


“I’m just-”


But before Yuri could finish what she was saying, Yoona saw the change in her lover’s expression. Yuri was starting to sweat profusely, all color slowly drained out of her, and with their closeness she could feel Yuri’s heart about to burst out of her chest.


“Yul?”


But Yuri was deaf to Yoona’s heed, all she could hear was her heart racing inside her.


An eerie feeling washes over her as she saw who was standing right outside the window. There he was, Park Leeteuk looking straight right at her.


He kept his gaze at her, before his lips curves into a sinister smile when he knew that he fully got Kwon Yuri’s attention.


Yuri shook her head in disbelief. This was just a bad dream that she needs to wake up from. She urged herself to look back again, and she cursed herself for doing it because Leeteuk was still standing there, as menacing as he was years ago.


“No, this can’t be.”


“Yul… Yul… What’s wrong?”

This couldn’t be happening, Park Leeteuk is supposed to be in Sector 6, not right here. Not right outside the bedroom window staring right back at her.


She shuts her eyes, mumbling a silent prayer to make him disappear.


“Yul?”


Yuri opens her eyes, and once again slowly look back outside to make sure.


He wasn’t there anymore.


Her nightmare was gone, but the image of him watching her still made her skin crawl. She didn’t realize how agitated she was, until she almost fell off her seat at the sound of someone knocking.


“Baby, baby… it’s okay…” Yoona playfully squeezes her cheeks. “It’s just somebody at the door, hold on, okay?”


Yoona pecks Yuri softly on the tip of her nose before running to get to the door.


“Yoh! yoh! Kwonnie…”


Both Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were standing by the doorway armed with equally goofy grins. Yuri knew it was wrong to drag Yoona and her friends with all her paranoia and fear, so she shakes it off before walking over to join them.


“Hey guys…”


“You have been locked in here with lover girl, we miss you too, you know?”


Like always, whenever the topic of her and Yoona comes around, Yuri’s face would shine a beet red. Yoona always finds that thought so adorable. She secretly loves the fact that she could still make Yuri blush.


“I miss you both too…” The dark haired detective sheepishly admits.


“Awww…” Sooyoung pouts, “Group hug.”


“Were not as lame as you, Choi.” Hyoyeon clears , before Sooyoung could wrestle her in an embrace. “By the way, Kwon, Hyomin have this little get together downstairs, maybe you two would like to join us, if you’re not…” cough cough “Too busy…”


The two lovers exchange a knowing look, leaving the other two girls puzzled on what the lovers are talking about.


“So?” Hyoyeon prods impatiently

“Ahhh yeah sure…”


***


Choi Anna was used to her lovers screaming out her name.


She takes pride of driving out the animal in them. Her skills could weaken anyone’s inhibitions and possessed them.


That’s why it worried her right now that she could barely hear Yoonhee’s voice. This was the one she loves, not those others and it panicked her that she couldn’t pleasure her darling good enough. Was she losing her touch?


She heard Yoonhee let out a sharp gasp when one finger turned into two. Her lover’s fingernails were raking in her arm. But it was the kind of pain that Anna have no problem enduring. The stinging pain was like a fuel to light up the fire in Anna, for her to push and let go.


But still Yoonhee wasn’t one to scream, her only respond is her whispers of love slipping off those gorgeous lips. Anna looks up, and felt her heart ceased beating as she saw the expression in Yoonhee’s face.


Her doe eyes shut out from this world and her lips gasping for breath. Anna realized that if she listens close enough she could hear Yoonhee softly whisper.


I love you… I love you so much…


And those words are worth more than everything in Anna’s world.


“I love you so much, babe…” Anna whispers back, as she nuzzles lovingly on her lover’s neck.


With Anna’s touch they were brought to their own world once again. Their lips melding, touch and pleasuring, until a loud banging on their door interrupted them.


“Don’t worry about it.” Anna whispered softly.


Yoonhee nods happily before closing her eyes, ready to be pleasured again. Anna was quick to oblige, slowly gliding her hand up Yoonhee’s thigh. The doe eyed beauty could already feel her body craving for it, but just as soon as Anna was about to touch her, another interruption came in between them, this time it was a loud voice.


“OPEN UP CHOI! I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!”


Anna mutters a curse under her breath, before she kisses Yoonhee and begrudgingly puts on her clothes.


“What?”


Eunjung was hardly angry about anything, but this time she was seething. Whatever it is that’s driving hard mad must be something worth looking at.


“What did you do?!”


“I don’t know, why don’t you tell me?!” Anna screams back, annoyed that she’s getting screamed at.


“Why the hell did you kill Geun Suk?”


Anna could hear Yoonhee gasps behind her. The agent always holds her cool, but when she heard her lover’s panic gasp, she yanks Eunjung’s arm and drags her to the hallway.


“Shut up before Yoonhee hears you.”


“We have planned this for so long!!! And what did you do?! You went all psycho on him before we could learn anything!”


“I should have killed him the first time we came here.”


“Did you even get some information from him?”


Anna could bore holes with how intense she was staring at Eunjung. As much as she tried not to get intimidated, still Anna’s gaze was enough to make her step back as she felt herself getting burned from the gaze.


“No… he died crapping his pants.”


It was a typical Choi Anna response, cocky and sarcastic.


“Now what the hell are we going to do now?! How are we going to find Leeteuk if our only source is dead?”


If it was another day, Anna wouldn’t have a problem sparring words with Eunjung but not right now. She was growing impatient with all these, all she ever wants is to go back and make love to her darling.


“Close to what? Tell me Eunjung? How do you and your little posse plan on defeating Leeteuk?”


“Why should I tell you?! When all you do is ruin things?”


The agent scoffs coolly at the accusation.


“You are never going to kill Leeteuk.”


“Says you.” Eunjung scoffs back.


“Of course. You want to know why?”


The dark haired agent steps closer, making sure that Eunjung clearly hears every word she says.


“Because he’s always one step ahead of you. He knows every plan you have before you can even think about it. Or let me put it this way, he plans everything that you guys do.”


The anger in Eunjung’s face turned into a look of confusion. “What are you talking about?”


“Why don’t you ask your partner?”


Anna paused for a bit, relishing the look in Eunjung’s face when all the information started to fully immersed in her.


“Wherever Leeteuk is Hyomin should be somewhere close, remember?”


***

Just a little bit more…


A slow and cruel smirk spread in Leeteuk’s lips as the look of fear in Yuri’s eyes still lingered in his mind. It’s been years and nothing felt more satisfying to him than knowing that he still has Yuri by the chokehold.


He has been itching so much for this. But he savored for a few seconds more before stepping out of the vehicle.


But rushing would ruin his whole plan, he have her now, wrapped around his fingertips.


There was no need to rush… Not when all he needed was just a little bit more of patience, a little bit more of waiting and a little bit more before he could burn everyone to the ground.


Just a little bit more…


***


Taecyeon has a hard time admitting that working with these- creatures always make him crap in his pants. They are vicious and don’t know anything about loyalty. They were worse than animals, they were monsters.


He could hear their cajoling inside the van, trying to claw their way out.


“Kick the door open and make sure each one is inside!” Taecyeon commands one of his lackeys as they slowly open the van door to release the zombies inside the home.


“Don’t…”


“Huh?”


Leeteuk stops a confused Taecyeon from taking another step.


“Save them for last…”


***


A smile was playing wistfully in Taeyeon’s lips as she looks at her dongsaeng. The word miserable didn’t even cut it in describing how Yoona was for years, and as horrible as it sounds she wouldn’t be surprise if Yoona ends her life.


It sounded like some cheesy romantic novel, but seeing Yoona and Yuri made Taeyeon believe in love once again, that no matter what circumstances, no matter what road you take, you’ll find your way back to each other.


Taeyeon was never really fond of Hyomin, but she have to admit that this little get together was refreshing. It felt like the break everyone needed.


And she love seeing Yoona and Yuri together once again, still as in love as ever before. They were talking with different people, but their pinkies were still meld together.


“Doctor Im?”


The sound of the husky haughty voice calling out her lover made Yuri move away from her conversation.


“Oh Chansung oppa…”


The once feathery touch that they had becomes possessive as Yuri locks her fingers with Yoona’s.


“You seem happier today than the last time I saw you.”


Yuri’s dark brown eyes follows Chansung’s hand, her eyes narrowing when he steal a touch on Yoona’s arm.


“Ahhh yes, I have a lot to be happy now.”


“Oh sorry… and who’s this?” Chansung asked, his eyes roaming around Yuri in approval. “Is this your sister?”


“I’m Kwon Yuri, her fiancée.” She said without any hint of hesitation.


“Oh…” Chansung backs away as soon as he saw the dagger stares that the gorgeous dark haired girl is throwing at him.


“Well I will see you around… nice meeting you Yuri…”


The disappointed Chansung occasionally glance behind his shoulders to check out the two. A deep sigh escaping his lips at his missed opportunity.


As soon as Chansung was out of earshot, Yoona was quick to coo at her lover, wrapping her arms around Yuri’s shoulders.


“Babe?”


“Hmmm…”


That was Yuri’s response whenever words couldn’t explain how pissed off she is. And as much as Yoona savors the feeling of a jealous Yuri, she loves her too much to keep her in the dark for too long.


“He’s a friend of Tiffany unnie, that’s all.”


“You must have met a lot of people during those two years.”


For once Yoona can’t tell how Yuri was feeling, her voice was a mix of everything. There was frustration, jealousy, and maybe a tad bit of anger.


“Yes.” Yoona admits “But that doesn’t mean anything.”


And Yoona was telling the truth. During those two years people’s faces are merely just fleeting afterthoughts. But Yuri was in her thoughts, in her every second even chasing her in her dreams. People constantly tell her to move on, but she couldn’t, or she refused too. The idea of loving someone else again was never possible. Her great love and her everything is Yuri, and she died along with Yuri the second she saw her get shot.


The two were so deep in each other, that they were separated to the world around them. But Sooyoung’s voice broke into their tranquil moment.


“Look who’s here…”


The entire room was mummed as they saw their chief and Taecyeon joining in. Yoona turns to Yuri as she felt her girl squeezing her hand tighter.


Taecyeon still looks like Taecyeon, muscle head with tight fitting clothes.


“Detective Kwon?”


“Ummm chief?”


It took Yuri a couple of seconds to remember who the man is. She was completely taken aback when it dawned on her. The once feared and mighty chief looks aged and fragile. Like everything else in this damn world, she thought that the plague was the culprit for all this.


But if there is one thing that the chief haven’t lost it’s that calculating look that Yuri could never decipher. The detective have always been wary of him, it’s felt like beneath his stalwart gaze is a maniac just clawing to get out. But of course, Yuri had never paid much attention to it.


“I’m so glad to see you again.”


Yuri was paralyzed as their chief just throws his arms around her. There was nothing comforting about that hug, in fact it felt too awkward.


“I’m so glad you’re okay.”


Somehow Yuri could hear the sweet lies beneath the bitter truth.


“Ummm you too chief…” Yuri pats her chief’s back, finally breathing in relief as he let go.

“Doctor Im…”


Yuri wraps her arms around her lover’s thin waist, controlling the urge of smashing her chief’s face with how sleazy he looks at her girl.


He had always been like that, his eyes always roam indiscreetly when a woman crosses his path. But for Yuri, there is something that makes her so cautious about him especially with the way he looks at Yoona.


She just observes him as he strikes a conversation with Yoona. He seems a little eager, a little too close, maybe she was just being jealous or maybe he’s sleazy after all.


“I see that you and detective Kwon are still together?”


His voice was dripping with toxic, that it unconsciously made Yuri hold on to Yoona more, just to prove to him that they are still together.


“Yes. Stronger than ever.” Yoona’s eyes twinkle proudly as she leans closer to Yuri. “No one else for me than my Yul.”


It was so quick, but it was there. The words that Yoona spoke seem to spark a rage within the chief, because even for a brief second Yuri saw a flicker of what’s really behind those questionable eyes. For a brief second, she saw the monster right within.


“So, what have you been up to, chief?”


“No need to call me chief anymore.” He laughs, stealing a squeeze in Yoona’s shoulder. “Right now, I’m like working behind the scenes, helping out as Taecyeon runs our sector.”


“That’s good to hear…”


As long as he stays far away…


“Which sector?”


“Sector 6.”


Those two words felt like a hammer smashing into Yuri’s head. She had a hard time trying to understand what is going on.


It couldn’t be… it just couldn’t… How is it possible that their very own chief could be connected to Park Leeteuk? Could it just be a coincidence? Or there is more to it?


“Yul?” Yoona nudges Yuri in the hip.


“Oh yeah…” She chuckles embarrassingly. “Sector 6? I have never gotten a chance to travel around, what is there to do in Sector 6?”


Chief Park just answered Yuri with a menacing grimace.


“Oh a lot of things, Detective Kwon… A lot of things…”


***


“So, what’s going on Yul?”


Sooyoung watches as her bestfriend pulled her and Hyoyeon out somewhere private.


“We need to get out of here…” Yuri hushed


“I know.. it’s a pretty lame party, huh?” Hyoyeon admits.


“No… it’s not just that Hyo. It’s something much more.” Yuri pulls closer towards the girls. “I don’t trust Taec and the chief, they’re planning something and I’m not going to wait here and find out.”


“Then, where are we gonna go, Yul?”


“Sector 7.”


The three girls were taken aback as they saw the dark haired agent joining them.


“Sector 7?” Yuri asks “Isn’t that the one where Geun suk was planning to attack?”
Agent Choi scoffs confidently before gulping down the rest of her wine.


“The plague is highly concentrated on the metropolitan areas, the more people, the more chances of getting infected. But Sector 7 is an island and is one of the least affected of this so called plague. So eradicating those monsters was easier, but nobody knew about it. The only way of getting there is through a plane or a boat. And since the zombies don’t know how to fly a plane or swim, they weren’t able to get there.”


Anna finishes out the rest of her wine before continuing again.


“Geun suk was planning to take boat load of zombies and just letting them run wild on Sector 7. But he died before he could try anything.”


“Why are you telling us this?”


“Because it’s the safest place in the world. If you want to get away from all this chaos, that’s the place that you should go.”


“Why aren’t you going there?”


“I will. But I want Yoonhee to see the world first. She showed me how beautiful a person could be, so I want to show her that there is still some beauty left in the world.”

“How do you know all this?”


“Because I run it.”


The three girls exchanged some puzzled expressions.


“What? I thought this guy name-”


“He works under me. No one was supposed to know, but Geun Suk found out, that’s why he wanted to take over it.”


The agent took careful steps toward the detective.


“That’s why don’t easily trust anyone, because you don’t know who’s working for the enemy. My plane is hidden in one of the warehouse in the northern area of this sector. Ask for Lee Joon, he’s my pilot. tell him to take you to sector 7. That’s the easy part, going there is the one you should worry about.”


The Agent gives Yuri a friendly squeeze on the shoulder, before walking back.


“But if you’re as tough as I heard you are, then it wouldn’t be a problem.”

***


The party ended close to when the sun was about to make its way to the sky. Leeteuk and his people waited patiently until it all died down before slowly making their way out of the nearby house to launch their attack.


It didn’t help the parasite inside the chief when he saw Doctor Im that night. She was just as stunning maybe even more now. The chief’s growing need for the Doe eyed doctor was festering in him like a parasite devouring him. He knew if he doesn’t see her or have her soon, he might as well put a bullet through his head.


But he knows that before he could claim Yoona, he needed to take care of the detective first.


Leeteuk gives him the thumbs up in leading the attack, and he’s going to make sure he gets what he needs to do. He moves quietly inside a bedroom, walking slowly to a bed. A vile smile spread in his lips as he aims his gun on the back of the sleeping figure.


The chief was going to save Kwon Yuri for last. He knew what a selfless person Kwon Yuri is, and it delighted him to imagine her reaction when all of the people she loved died because of her.


It was cruel to shoot a defenseless victim, but when did he ever had a conscience anyway?


Bang. Bang.


His enthusiasm was comparable to a school boy as he saw how the body jolts at his every shot. He slowly turns and his smile turned into a look of shock as he saw one of those corpse in place other than a living being.


“Dammit.”


He shakes out his frustration and quickly regains his composure.


So, this is how Yuri wants to play? Then, bring it on…


He searched every room and found every bed empty. How fast did Yuri and her team move? He came to the last room in the corner, and he could feel his senses going to overdrive.


This is the room where Kwon Yuri wants to duel.


He walks in and saw the unmade bed, and pillows tossed around and this felt so much like déjà vu. He picks up a pillow, slowly getting intoxicated as he inhales that familiar strawberry scent of Doctor Im’ s shampoo.


And his joy was unparalleled as he saw a strand of fawn colored hair on the pillow. He gingerly picks it up, gushing like a school boy at his new found treasure. It was Yoona’s hair, and it brought him great happiness that a part of her now belongs to him.


The door slowly creaks behind him and before he could react, he already saw the dark haired beauty standing right in front of him.


“What are you doing here?”


Both drew out their guns and shoot at the same time.


“Why hello there, detective Kwon.”


“What are you doing here?” This time Yuri’s voice sounded more hoarse.


“Just visiting…” He chuckles playfully “Don’t you know how foolish this feels, were law enforcement officers for God’s sake and here we are, with a gun straight at each other.”

Yuri didn’t drop her guard and kept her aim at him.


“Let’s be fair shall we? I drop my gun, while you drop yours?”


“I don’t trust you.” Yuri scowls. “I never did.”


“Fine.” Chief shrugs before unloading his gun in front of her. “See? I can play nice too…”


Yuri’s eyes traveled from his hand to his gun but at that split second, he quickly draws out his gun from his holster. But before he could shoot Yuri, Yuri already shot him in his hand, making him drop the gun.


“Impressive…” He laughs.


“Let me ask you one more time, chief… Why are you here?”


Like a game of chess, the two were involve in a provocative silence. The two trying to deduced the other’s move, while thinking of how to counter. Both refused to fall, and both refused to let the other rise.


“I came here to take what’s mine.”


“What’s yours?”


“I don’t need to tell you. You know what’s mine, detective.”


The sound of the wooden floor creaking as he draw closer was weighing in slowly at Yuri. But she shrugs it off, she can’t let him push her in a corner now.


“You took away what have always belonged to me.”


“What are you talking about?”


“This, all this. You know who to blame for this, it’s that slu*ty girlfriend of yours.”




The chief almost fell back as Yuri shot right next to his foot.


“You bring up my wife again, and I swear next time I won’t miss.”


“Why? You can’t hear the truth, detective? That doctor Im has always belong to me, she did until you came along.”


Soon, the memories of the past start to play in Yuri’s head. She could hear Yoona’s ranting inside her head about him. How touchy he seems to be, how creepy he appears. She can’t believe that she would dismissed it, blaming it on his outrageous flirting, when it’s far more monstrous than that.


“You know Doctor Im, you know how seductive she could be. The sound of her voice, the smell of her perfume, how she constantly teases everyone around her. She wants it!”


The thoughts of Im Yoona was slowly carving into him, trying to mold him into a kind of monster.


“She wants me. She wants me.” He kept repeating his make believe lie “Don’t you know that everytime you’re together, she’s just doing that to provoke me?”

Yuri could feel her finger ready to pull out the trigger at his venomous words.


“So, you know what I did, detective? I prove it to her. I prove to her what a real man I ‘am. I proved that I’m much better than you could ever be.”


“What are you talking about?”


“All those pretty little girls, they were nothing like her. They didn’t look at me the way she does, they didn’t feel the way she does, they didn’t scream the way she does.”


Kwon Yuri felt herself gasping for breath as she listens at his admission. His every word was like a puzzle piece slowly forming a repulsive image inside her head.

Flashback

Seeing that he finally caught Yuri’s attention, Leeteuk continued to mess with Yuri’s head.

“So, it’s not me who you need to watch over because trust me, the outside world is a very, very dangerous place especially for such a pretty girl like Dr. Im. And you know what my friend said about her?”

Yuri was now trembling in both fear and anger, she clench her fist tightly, trying to control herself.


“He said that Dr. Im is a screamer.”


Leeteuk grimace diabolically as he saw the rage in the beautiful detective’s eyes.


“So, tell me Detective, is that true?”


End of flashback

“So, it’s you…” She threads carefully at his chilling revelation. “It’s you.”


He grimaces proudly, relishing at her lost reaction.


“Yes, Detective Kwon you’re right…”


The chief have now slowly emerged like a monster crawling out of his shadows. And Yuri was right there, finally face to face with the monster that constantly haunt her in her nightmares.


His lips twisted in a sickening grimace as he revealed the monster that he truly is.


“I’am the real dollmaker.”


TBC

 

Thank you to everyone who commented on the fic. Unfortunately, this fic is on hiatus and I'm not sure when I could work on this. I apologize for that.