Chapter 2

For His Freedom

 

          “So.. Is it right that the men in front of me are Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun, from Mujige Orphanage?”

         Lee Sooman, with a sweet smile on his lips but a sharp glare behind those glasses he was wearing, stares at two little boys in front of him who still have no expressions on their faces. The boys slowly nod together.

        “Are you the boss of those guys in black suits?” asks Jongin, the slightly tanned boy – his voice sounds just like those little, innocent cute kids, but his strong glare tells Lee Sooman that he’s different from other kids. Totally different.

         Of course he’s different. This kid – along with this pale guy beside him whose name must be Sehun – are clearly different from other kids around their age. Kids around their age are not supposed to be able to kill four well-built man professionally in thirty minutes, like how these boys just did two days ago. Kids around their age are not supposed to have great killing skills like them.

        Lee Sooman recalls the police investigation’s he just received yesterday morning; how twelve corpses were found inside Mujige Orphanage, all of them are dead. Eight of them – one adult woman and seven kids, were dead because of gunshots on chests or heads. Meanwhile, the other four, the robbers – four well-built men who had guns and knifes inside their pockets, were found dead because of gunshots on head and stabs on stomach or chest, but along with some broken ribs and broken neck. Like someone paralyzed these four men before finally shot them or stab them to death.

       Lee Sooman thought the death of the robbers are his men’s doing, because he ordered his men to do so – but when Siwon, the head patriarch of Choi family, reported to him – that when Choi family arrived, all that left in that orphanage are broken properties, twelve dead bodies, and two kids, alive, holding gun and knife on their hands and blood stains on their shirts – Lee Sooman saw chances. Either to repair the clan’s relationship with Taesong Clan; or to have another prodigies in his clan.

       That’s why he invited them here. To grab those chances. Especially, the second one. Two prodigies in killing – exactly what he needs, what every mafia clans needs.

        “Yes, I am. I’m the one who invites both of you here.” Answers Sooman with a pleasant tone – “I want both of you; Jongin and Sehun, to join our family. Right now, you don’t have any places to stay, right? So why don’t you join us? We’ll provide you house, foods, anything. Anything you want.”

          “Anything…? Anyone?” asks Sehun with a timid voice – “if I ask you to bring me someone, anyone, you will do it?” Sehun glances at Jongin quickly before avert his gaze back to Lee Sooman’s eyes. Lee Sooman steals a glance at the tanned boy and sees how his expression gets harder.

         “Anything. Anyone. Any candies, any chocolates, any toys. I will give them to you. As long,” says Lee Sooman, then pats both of Jongin’s and Sehun’s heads – “both of you will help this old man to do something.”

 

           “Even if I ask you to look for someone who probably had died and bring her to me alive?”

 

           Sooman freezes as he hears Jongin’s words. He turns his head at him and there’s Jongin, his eyebrows are furrowed as he glares at Sooman.

           What is this kid..

         “…Boy,” answers Lee Sooman, then inhales some air – “I’m not a God or a person with magical abilities. I cannot bring dead people back alive. But at least, I’ll be able find the corpse and let you have it, if you want to.”

           Both Jongin and Sehun keep their silence after listening to Lee Sooman’s words, while Lee Sooman watches them carefully.

 

           “What is the task, sir?” asks Jongin again, suddenly looks interested – “and do I have to do it with Sehun?”

           “Yes, both of you have to do that. Together.” Answers Lee Sooman, with a bright smile on his face.

 

           I made it.

 

           “The task must be done tomorrow dawn. Can you do that?”

           Jongin and Sehun glancing at each other for few seconds, and then nods.

           “What is the task, sir?” Asks Sehun – “me and Jongin will try our best.”

           Lee Sooman leans back and walks to his desk, a big smile plastered on his face. He takes a paper from his desk, and then gives the paper to the boys.

          “You can start to do the task now, boys. I’ve prepared the car and other things that you will need to accomplish this.  And please,” says Lee Sooman – “bring the evidence of your accomplishment, okay?”

           Lee Sooman stares at Jongin and Sehun who nods, then walk out from his office together. As expected, some of his men already right outside his office, ready to prepare Jongin and Sehun for their task.

           

          Lee Sooman knows that both Jongin and Sehun will succeed. Lee Sooman knows that this task, is the easiest way to explain his reason for recruiting these boys to the head patriarch of families under his clan.  Lee Sooman knows that this task will reveal these kids’s skills. Lee Sooman knows that Jongin and Sehun will not disappoint anyone when they come back.

            And as dawn comes, as the Sooman Clan meeting room’s door gets opened and two young boys appears – one of them holding a metal suitcase and the other hold a cloth-wrapped human finger – Lee Sooman shows his proud smile amidst the dropped jaws of the head patriarchs of families.

            “You had done well, Jongin, Sehun.” Says Lee Sooman as Jongin shows the human finger beneath the cloth he was holding and Sehun put the suitcase on the big meeting table. Lee Sooman’s hand reachs out to Jongin’s and Sehun’s hair, then ruffles them quickly, with a big grin on his face.

           

             “Head patriarchs of families, please welcome our new family member who just eliminated Gyeongra Clan; Kim Jongin and Oh Sehun.”