Chapter 4

For His Freedom

 

31st December, 2018

 

That’s the twentieth today.

You sighs heavily as you wipes the blood on your knuckles to your denim skirt. In front of you, five men are sprawled on the ground, all of them in aches. Well, you’ve spent so many years learning almost every kind of fighting styles and had reached the highest level in all of them – why would five ordinary men whom level are just lower than ordinary street punks successfully hurt you?

You turns around, trying to walk through another path to your apartment. You’ve bought a new apartment located in a crowded and easily accessed area this month. The location is almost as crowded as Myeongdong, and it’s close to any shopping districts in Seoul. Maybe for some people, the location is way too crowded, but it’s perfect for you, who need to be under the protection of crowds. Crowds, somehow makes you invisible. Crowds hide you from those attacks and death threats that you have been receiving since ten years ago.

Ten years already…

Your eyes blankly stares at the crowded sidewalk, while thoughts keeps filling your mind. Lots of thoughts and questions; from the angry one, the happy one, until the most devastating one.

Two year left before oppa’s execution.

A frown immediately formed on your lips. The execution.

It’s been ten years since Sehun was sentenced into a death row because of that murder he’d done – the murder of a mafia clan’s boss and that clan’s head patriarchs of families. The total are sixteen people, all dead by your brother’s hands. The mafia clan’s name is Yeonggu Clan, if you’re not mistaken.

Starting from that day – a day after your birthday, your life had not been the same. Sehun was sentenced into death row and you’re not allowed to visit him even once; Jongin, his bestfriend that you used to saw as your brother from another mother, disappeared into nowhere and so do all of the members of EXO family; and you found yourself being targeted by someone who definitely wants you dead. Someone that maybe already sent hundreds of his men to kill you for the last past ten years, but always failed because of your ability to fight and nomadic lifestyle. Someone, that in your own opinion, must be related with Yeonggu Clan or maybe your own brother’s clan – the one who vengeful towards your brother, or the one who hates your brother with all of his guts. Shortly, they who wants your brother suffers by killing his own family.

You thought the guy started to give up because you haven’t received any attack for the past three months; but this morning you found out that you’re wrong.Since this morning, you’ve faced twenty people armed with guns, knifes, katana, and even an axe – all of them have the same goal; to kill you. But all of them are pretty amateur and ended up getting their asses kicked by you instead. All of them are mafia clan’s members – you could see it from the badge on their suits, from how they address their boss as “the Chairman”, how hateful they were towards you. Definitely, they are from a mafia clan who wants to take a revenge on you.

You stops in front of your apartment’s door and knocks the door, waiting for Miss Eunji – the lady who had been taking care of you and your brother since you were children – to open the door. As seconds ticks by, your eyebrows furrows and you knocks the door once more.

Still have no answer and no one to open the door, you grab the doorknob and turn the unlocked doorknob. You slowly pushes the door open, and as you see your living room, your jaw drops and your eyes goes wider in horror.

You stares at your chaotic apartment; the furnitures are upside down, the standing lamps are crushed, broken glasses are everywhere, ‘IS IT PAINFUL?’ was written with capital letters and red ink on your white wall, and an old lady is laying down near the dining table, looks unconscious.

You run towards Miss Eunji who laying unconsciously on the floor, and carefully hold her. You slowly shakes her body, trying to wake her up while wiping the blood on her head. The bruises and scratches on her body rips your heart apart and your tears almost fall.

“Miss Eunji! Miss Eunji, wake up!” you shakes her body in panic. Your left hand quickly takes out your cellphone from your jeans’s pocket and dial the emergency number for ambulance. “Miss Eunji!”

Miss Eunji’s eyes still haven’t opened as your tears starts falling. No, not Miss Eunji. Not her. Not when she’s the only one that I have in this pathetic world right now.

You put your index finger in front of Miss Eunji’s nose, and you feel faint air flowing out from her nose – indicating that she’s still breathing. Relief washes up your body, but it didn’t last long as you realizes how badly wounded she is.

“Hello..? Hello, sir, can you send an ambulance and paramedics to Skyfall Residence right now…? My close relative is badly wounded. Yes, the one that located near Apgujeong. Yes. I’m in room 1508. Please hurry, this is emergency. Thank you.” You quickly speaks as the hospital answers the call. You glances again at the unconscious Miss Eunji.

You never cried for these past 10 years – never, even once. But now, you cannot hold your tears any longer as you watches one of those people you loves the most in this world is hurting; maybe even dying.  You grits your teeth, holding the anger that kept building inside of you.

Yeah, you have always been able to handle those attacks no matter how often it is, but that doesn’t mean that you’re not frustrated because of it. Yeah, you never complained about how you never stayed in the same place for more than 3 months because of this obligatory nomadic lifestyle that you need to keep if you want to avoid those mafia members, but that doesn’t mean you’re not tired and pissed off because of it. Yeah, you also never complained about how you haven’t been able to visit Sehun in his jail because of his clan that forbids you to have any contact with him, but that doesn’t mean you’re not feeling miserable because of it.

           

You had enough of this .

           

 

1st January, 2019

The long and tiring night of taking care of Miss Eunji finally comes to its end– she’ll going to stay in the hospital maybe for weeks because of those injuries and wounds.

You walk out from the hospital, and finds out that the streets are very crowded and hectic. As fireworks suddenly shoots to the sky, you stares at the sky and realizes what day is it.

It’s New Year already?

Suddenly your back bumps into other people, as they keep pushing forward towards you – pushing you into the crowd. You yelps as now you’re inside the cheering crowd.

Seriously, being around excited people when you yourself were feeling miserable is not a pleasant thing.

Another fireworks are shot to the sky, followed by the loud cheers from the people. Apparently, there’s a parade going on at the main street – causing all of these people filling up the sidewalks and the traffic jam ahead.            

You look around and see some of the clowns are on the street, handing everyone small trumpets. One of them is standing near you and after handing the small trumpets to a couple behind you, he walks towards you then stops in front of you.

When your eyes meet up with his, nostalgic feelings suddenly spreads out inside your body. Your eyes stares at his brown, doey eyes that still shines even though it’s night already and his face is covered with heavy makeup.

That doey eyes definitely reminds you of something, or someone.

Both of you stares at each other in silence, and suddenly the clown hands you the small trumpet quickly.

“Happy New Year, Miss!”

He speaks his words with his clear voice as quick as he could – so fast that you almost unable to catch it – then quickly turns around.  When he’s about to run to another person, you quickly grabs the back of his collar and pull him back.

“Eeek!” he yelps in surprise, when you suddenly turns him around. His eyes goes wider as he saw the shocked and disbelief expression in your eyes.

He gulps as you starts opening your mouth, ready to speak up the name that suddenly pops out inside your mind when you heard this clown’s voice.

“Y-Yes, miss?” asks the clown, looks nervous and worried.

You stares at him in disbelief as you pulls him closer to you.

That soft voice and that doey eyes belongs to no one beside that guy.

 

“….Luhan?

 

kkkkkkk please enjoy!