Chapter 6

For His Freedom

 

 

 

1st January, 2019

 

You stop walking as you try to comprehend Luhan’s words.

Did Luhan just threw a very lame joke at me? Did those words were meant to be serious?

Luhan carefully pats your shoulder, and then pushes you forward so that you’ll continue walking. You start walking for a few steps, but then you suddenly stops and turns around at Luhan.

Why the hell it’s for nothing? Why the my brother’s effort and punishment are for nothing?!”

Luhan gulps as you vents out your rage by yelling at him and grabbing his collar. He clears his throat again, and slowly removes your grip from his collar.

“We’re blocking other people. Let’s keep walking. I’ll explain everything to you.” Says Luhan, then grab your wrist and pull you again so that you’ll walk together with him, “and please, don't choke me to death before I tell you the whole story.”

You grits your teeth in anger as you keeps walking.

“Can you explain to me, the meanings of the words ‘failure’ and ‘nothing’ that you relates to Sehun-oppa, oppa? It’s not funny at all if you threw it as a joke, by the way?” you ask again, trying to be as calm as you could.

Luhan lets out another heavy sigh.

“This is not a joke at all. This is going to be long, and please – don't choke me again or cut me off again before I finish my story. Okay?”

You slowly nods. Luhan raises his eyebrows, and then take a deep breath.

“Sehun was ordered to kill the top men of YG clan, eleven years ago. The head of our family, Junmyeon, gave the job. Remember Junmyeon-oppa? The one who always bought you those expensive chocolates every time you met? The purpose of that job was so that EXO family will have a better reputation and better value in Chairman’s eyes and other families’ heads of patriarch, by eliminating our clan’s toughest rival.

“Your brother; our Sehunnie.. had finished the job perfectly. He killed 16 toughest men of YG Clan that day. YG Clan was in a wreck because of that. He got arrested by the police nearby after the job was done and got sentenced into a death row because of his sins.”

 

“…Then?” you ask, while listening carefully to his story. Luhan lets out another heavy sigh again, and starts answering again.

 

“….then, we waited. We waited for Chairman’s call. We waited for the congratulatory call from the Chairman. And yes – around eight hours after the job was done, Junmyeon received a call from the Chairman.

“Junmyeon was called to the headquarters. We followed him. Only Junmyeon who get allowed to walk inside the meeting room, so all of EXO family members waited outside – minus Sehun and Jongin.

“Then, after an hour or two… suddenly, our friends – the members of Sooman clan such as from Kim family, Choi family, and Lee family, put their loaded guns on our heads. Junmyeon appeared – bruises on his face, and he was thrown to the front yard of the headquarters.

“ Onew – one of the lieutenants of Sooman Clan, announced in front of us and the beaten-up Junmyeon that Sooman Clan disbands EXO family.”

 

Your jaw drops as you listening to Luhan’s words. EXO was…disbanded? Even after they’d done their job just like how they were ordered? Is that why I were never able to track any of them after that incident?

“..O-Oppa..” you whispers as Luhan still staring at the ground. But Luhan still continues his story; ignoring your shocked expression.

“We were disbanded. They beat us up senselessly until we got unconscious – I barely remember that day because I mostly unconscious. When I woke up, I’m already at one of Jeju island’s shore – alone. I brought nothing along with me; my cell phone is gone, ID cards are gone, my money was gone as well. Luckily, a man found me and took me to his house. That man,” says Luhan – “is this circus’s owner.

“When I arrived at his house, I checked the newspaper, and – You probably won’t believe this – but I found my name in the newspaper’s corner where people put their mourning messages in there. I…. was reported dead. Along with my EXO family members; Minseok, Wufan, Junmyeon, Yixing, Jongdae, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Zitao. All of us were reported dead. Sehun wasn’t reported, because he was put in prison.”

You stares at Luhan in disbelief. You want to responds, but your voice can’t come out – you’re simply speechless. That thing that he just said – it’s almost unbelievable. EXO, is literally, being deleted from existence. Because of your brother’s act.

“Realizes something strange from my words, Yeonnie-ah?”

Luhan’s sentence wakes you up from your shock, and you stares back at him. “Strange?”

Luhan bitterly smiles. “Didn’t you realized that there ‘s one name of EXO family members that I didn’t said?” he said, and right after that, his smile disappears.

You furrows your eyebrows. “The names that you didn’t said..? Isn’t that only my brother’s nam – “

You freezes as you tracks back Luhan’s sentences in your head – and find the missing names.

 

 

 

…..Jongin.”

 

 

Both you and Luhan said that name together, as you hit you realization.

Kim Jongin. Your brother’s bestfriend – even called as Sooman Clan’s ‘golden boy’ , together with your brother. The one who saved you and Miss Eunji after that massacre in your orphanage. The one who had stayed together with you and Sehun since you were children. The one who you always treated as your brother from another mother, although you started developing special feelings for him 15 years ago.

You slowly glances at Luhan, who clenching his jaw – looking really angry.

Jongin wasn’t there? Where was Jongin? What did he do?

“….oppa… where’s Jongin? What is the reason for his name didn’t get posted on the newspaper that day…?”

Luhan snorts angrily. He turns his head at you; the bitter smile is back on his lips.

 

“Apparently, Sehun was supposed to do that killing job ten years ago with Jongin. They were ordered to do that together. But, only Sehun who get arrested by the police, and get sentenced with a death row. Sehun also admitted to the police that he completely killed those 16 men alone.

“Jongin wasn’t there – he disappeared that day, even until the day of our disbandment. He didn’t help Sehun with the plan, he made Sehun did that job alone. He wasn’t with us when we got beaten up and thrown away. He wasn’t with us on our disbandment day.

“He let Sehun get sentenced in jail and waiting for the death row, alone. When he was supposed to suffer together with his so-called blood brother, and with us, his family members.

 

“So, what does that make Jongin?”

 

Luhan stares at your eyes. He definitely knows that he has lit up the huge fire inside you; and you’ve realized that as well. Judging from your burning eyes and your clenched fists and jaw – Luhan definitely knows that he had a bomb.

 

“Oppa, do you know about Jongin’s whereabouts?” you asks, breaking the tenseful silence between you two.

Luhan stares at the ground. “I’m not sure about his whereabouts, Yeonnie-ah..” Luhan answers, but then he suddenly glances at you – “but Wufan works as a police now – since he’s still want to find Jongin and takes his revenge at him – and the last news that I got from Wufan yesterday is that…… Jongin is probably in Seoul.”

You bite your lips; trying to holding the rage that was building inside of you. This is….. unbelievable. Everything that Luhan has told you are unbelievable.

But yet, this is the truth. The truth that you’ve been expecting to find for ten years. No matter how bitter it is, it’s the truth.

 

“Oppa.” You pokes Luhan’s arm – “I think I gotta go.”

Luhan’s doey eyes get wider when he heard your words. “W-What? Where? Where are you going? Aren’t you going to stay with me? We’re going to Daegu after this… At least you’re going to be safe from those ma-“

“I have to find Jongin.” You answers, as you emphasizes on the word ‘find’, “I have enough money to go to Seoul and stay there. I’ll be going tomorrow to find him.”

“But Seoul is not a small city! It wouldn’t be easy, and so many mafias are there and you’ll only going to ge-“

“But I’d rather go there to try to find him than being stuck here trying to stay safe and letting my brother going to get his head hang in few months!!”

Luhan got stunned as you once again yells at him.  Your breath is uncontrollable, and you’re definitely on the edge right now. No – no one can stop you right now. Especially after you’ve discovered the mastermind behind all of these s, and behind your brother’s suffering.

 

You take a deep breath, and then quickly hugs Luhan.

“I gotta go, oppa. I need to prepare. Thank you so much for the information – I’m sorry that our meeting need to be so short, but this is very important.”

Luhan stares at you in disbelief, but a smile slowly curls up on his lips. After all, this is the aftereffect of his own words. He must accept it, no matter how much he loves you as his little sister and how much he wants to prevent you from getting hurt.

 

“Tell me when you’ve caught that son of a . I always pray for you, Yeonnie-ah. Even from ten years ago.”

You smiles again, then pats Luhan’s cheeks before you take a step back and turns around.

 

You run to your apartment – ignoring all of the mess behind, and starts packing. You run to the hospital and leave a message for Miss Eunji.

On the next day – 2nd January 2019, you quickly go to the airport. As you booked the earliest flight to Seoul, your mind is filled with thoughts of your brother and Jongin. And all of the hatred thoughts goes to the one and only, Kim Jongin.

At noon, you’re already on the boarding room of the airport, ready to go to Seoul.

You’re going to find Kim Jongin and confront him; no matter what.

 

 

Did I disappoint you? ;A;

Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting, and upvoting!!