Dressed to Kill

You're my brother

 

 

(I couldn't think of a good song to put with this chapter so I went with the first song that popped up in my shuffle^^ lol, just think if a dance song like “hands up” from 2PM had come up^^)

 

Dressed to kill

 

Amber liu woke up groggy, disoriented, and irritated by the sound of someone else's snoring coming from the side of her bed. Looking down she found Jo Kown laying sprawled out on her bedroom floor in an unflattering manner. She tried to remember what had happened last night- from discovering that she did indeed have five older brothers, to her random bonding session with Jo Kown over her tears, yesterday had been quite eventful.

 

Not wanting to wake him, Amber slid out of bed and walked over him and made her way over to the wardrobe. She hadn't had much time to pack, only a few pairs of baggy shirts and Skinnys, but they were back in her hotel room, at the moment the only clothing she had were what she'd worn to the funeral (black slacks, a button down white top and her nice dress shoes) and what ever she had in this wardrobe. She hesitated for a moment, dreading the moment she opened it. If there was any clothes in the wardrobe it was likely Dara unnie had picked them out and seeing her room, she could only imagine what kind of clothes she'd pick out for her.

 

She was right...

 

“nice dress, fit's your personality perfectly.” Seungri said snidely as she walked into the kitchen.

 

“shove it.” she mumbled and went straight to the sink and filled a glass of water for her self. She stood there in a plaid pink sundress with lace and beads lining the hem and waist.

 

“morning gu- whoa!” Donghae stopped mid step as he stared at his little sister who stood awkwardly tugging at the skirt, “eh, um, you look...”

 

“I've got nothing else to wear until I can get my clothes so shut it.” she grumbled and emptied her glass in the sink and slammed the fridge door open.

 

Donghae and Seungri looked over at each other, both slowly backing away from Amber's killer aura that seemed to fill the room, “r-really little sister, you look pr-” Seungri snapped his mouth shut when Amber shot him a glare, “how about Pancakes, hyung can you make us breakfast.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, sure, want some pancakes Amber?”

 

“no~.” her voice rumbled as she made her way out of the kitchen, leaving the other two to sigh in relief. She made her way to the door and slid on someone else's shoes (Seungri's, don't tell^^) and opened the front door.

 

“where you going?” she paused to looked back at Jay who was just making his way down the stairs in a pair of basketball shorts and a baggy red tee.

 

“I need to get my clothes from my hotel room.” she sighed out and turned back around and went out the door. Jay fallowed behind, confused as to why she seemed to radiate such anger that morning. They both walked in silence down the street until they reached a bus stop, “Do you know which one we go on?” she questioned.

 

“nah, I don't go to Korea very often.”

 

“ah~,we're screwed then.” she sighed and hung her head then jumped when her phone began to ring, “Hello?”

 

“Amber-ssi, where are you, Donghae called and said you walked out by your self.” Brian's worried voice sang from the other end.

 

“Bri! Good timing, I need clothes, can you pick me up?”

 

“sure, where are you?”

 

“Just a couple blocks from the mansion, off of 3rd street, come quick before anyone else sees me in this.” she exclaimed over the phone even though her mood that morning had been significantly lifted now that she got to talk to her Brian.

 

“ok, ok, I'll just tell my Grams I'm going out and be there in a few, don't go anywhere ok.”

 

“kay, bye Bri, hug your Grandma for me!” she cheered over the phone then ended the call, “my friend's gonna be here in a few to pick me up, you still wanna stalk.”

 

“I do enjoy the stalking, though how about we just hang out, wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea.” Jay grinned, “who's this Bri anyways? your boyfriend?” he teased.

 

Amber laughed loudly, “Brian's to old for me to date.” she chuckled, “he's supposed to be my butler but we're pretty close, he came with me to Korea but instead of staying at the hotel with me he's visiting his Grandma.”

 

“that's good, wouldn't wanna have to interrogate the guy.” Jay grinned, “so did you have any boyfriends back in LA? I bet you were pretty popular.”

 

“Where would you get that idea?” She questioned awkwardly and tugged at the hem of her skirt, “I've never had a boyfriend before...”

 

“really, guys over in LA must be crazy then, my little sister has got to be the prettiest girls in the world.”

 

Amber laughed and lightly hit him, “quite joking around.”she faked another laugh, “I've just never been interested in dating, I'm not really into the drama.”

 

“yeah.” Jay had a feeling he struck a nerve, perhaps she'd had boy problems before? Maybe she's had her heart broken like him? While stuck in his head he he didn't even notice the shinny silver convertible stop infront of them until the man in the front seat spoke, “Hey Amber, hello Jaebum.”

 

“huh, you're the guy who came to my house.” Jay said in astonishment as he slid in the back seat while Amber took the front.

 

“huh, but... why didn't you tell me?” Amber questioned

 

“I learned about your brothers when you did Amber, that letter from your father...I looked into it after I read it and then found out about them, I thought it was best you meet them for your self though.” Brian smiled and affectionately patted Amber's head, “You look adorable right now, you should really wear dresses more often.”

 

“screw off Bri, you know that's not happening.” she said with a playful grin on her face making Jay believe that they really were very close, “let's get to the hotel room, I wanna get out of this thing as quickly as I can.”

 

“as you wish miss Liu.”

 

once at the hotel room Brian and Jay sat out in the car while Amber went to check out of the hotel and to run up to her room to change and to get her things, “so why doesn't Amber like wearing dresses? She doesn't look to bad in them?”

 

“she used to participate in beauty pageants, Amber's mom had her in them since she could walk and Amber had loved them until she got older.” Brian sighed, “she has so many trophies, she really was unbeatable but one year, when she was thirteen she lost and lost again a year after that.”

 

“I don't understand...”

 

“she was losing on purpose, she was tired of all of the fuss and started enjoying sports and having friends. her mom was very disappointed, those two used to be really close but when Amber decided to quite her mom... well she was pretty harsh, ever since Amber has held a bit of resentment towards her mom.”

 

“that's pretty sad.”

 

“yeah...”

 

“...so you two, You're pretty close...” Jay will still not convinced that their relationship was just brother and sisterly, it might be because he already had a high opinion of his little sister though, he couldn't understand anyone not wanting her.

 

“yeah, I've known her since she was eleven, she was a real brat back then.” Brian grinned to him self, keeping his eyes towards the hotel, “she used to order me around like a slave but well, I got around her shell, I think I may have been the one who inadvertently convinced her to quite her beauty pageants.”

 

“I can't really picture her as a brat, or in a beauty pageant...” Jay spoke mostly to himself, trying to picture it in his head.

 

“ok, let's get out of here.” Amber said brightly as she set her suitcase in the back and plopped down in the passenger’s seat.

 

“where to Miss Liu.”

 

Amber snorted, “stop with the Miss Liu crap.” she laughed and hit him, “do you mind dropping us off in town, we wanna have some fun before we go home.”

 

“have you told Donghae your plans, he might be worried.”

 

“He'll be fine, I mean both Jay and I are adults, he doesn't need to babysit us.”

 

“that's not really what I meant-”

 

“Look, look, people playing basketball! Let's go join them!” Amber said excitedly as she jumped in her seat, pointing towards the group of boys playing on the court.

 

“I-”

 

“please Brian, I haven't gotten to play in so long.” Amber begged and tugged at Brian's shirt sleeve.

 

“fine, but I'll be back in two hours to pick you up.”

 

“woohoo!!” Amber cheered and kicked the door open the moment Brian parked in the parking lot, “come on Jay.” she called from over her shoulder while already walking over to the boys.

 

“um...”

 

“go ahead, I'll talk to Donghae about this.” Brian nodded towards Jay who nodded back, “just... watch her back ok, she can be a bit difficult to handle sometimes.”

 

After he said good bye to Brian he fallowed after Amber who had already made it to the court. Amber looked as though she were already the best of friends with them and from what Jay could tell they seemed to like her as well. Once he reached them Amber announced the obvious with, “this is my brother Jay, he's pretty cool.” She grinned over at him.

 

“Hey.” It astonished him that she was able to talk to easily with complete strangers.

 

“Hey, I'm Doojoon.” a tired eyed boy who seemed to be the leader said as he motioned towards the other guys, “this is Junhyung, Yoseobie, Hyunseung, Dongwoon and Kikwang.” when Doojoon reached Kikwang he couldn't help noticing how his little sister looked at this Kikwang.

 

He had a good feeling that this boy had gotten Amber's attention.

 

 

 

(An- hmm, I wanted to do more with this chapter but the more time I put off posting this the more I enjoy the story less and less -.- I had wanted Amber and Kikwang to interact a bit more, make Amber seem not nearly as spoiled and I had also wanted to actually touch on a bit more development on Jay ad Amber's relationship... but well, it's been a while since I last updated...

 

Question time! Other then Key Danny and Kikwang, who do you like best with Amber...and don't just say anyone^^

 

I'm sorta liking her with Minho recently, their “Hello” hug was a pretty cute and I've always liked the idea of the tomboy girl and the athletic best friend getting together...though I really just like seeing Amber paired up with all of Shinee...except for Jjong for some reason, I mean I have no problem pairing Amber up with Donghae but when it comes to Jjong it just doesn't really do it for me...

 

speaking of Shinee, bet you can't guess how and when they're making an appearance^^ and yes, that is hinting that they're gonna be in here, they won't have huge parts like the dino sibs and the rest but they'll be there...and who knows, with me behind the wheel anyone's bound to turn out playing a major role^^)

 

Comments on comments^^-

 

Choi_Minju-Nikka- I think people who try to make amends for the things they've done make such good story plots, but it's really sad he died...it almost makes me wish I hadn't had old man Ha die -,-

 

Mary517- I originally had that scene being a darahae scene but cut out the good parts because I wanted to put a bit more development in their relationship before that scene... it's to be anticipated^^

yeah, Amber and Jay's friendship is already pretty good, though in this chapter they kind of...well Amber wasn't in much of a good mood in this chapter -.- but in the next one she'll be less irratated^^

Kwonnie needs a hug, lots and lots of hugs^^ I wasn't really much of a fan of Jokwon until I randomly picked him to be in this story, and now he's become one of those characters that I wanna write a lot about^^

it doesn't take me very long to write replys^^ and chapters will mostlikely stay about this length through out the rest of the story^^

 

Sorry for the wait -.- been procrastinating lately....