Amber

You're my brother

 

 

Amber

 

I was born September 18th, 1992

 

Have you ever woke up one morning to find that you have five brothers when the day before they hadn't been there? It's one of those things that doesn't really happen often, I mean how are you supposed to rationally respond to something like this?

 

Your father left you his Korean mansion to share with you brothers.” Brian drawled, catching my attention away from my game with his words.

 

Brothers? Bri, you and I both know I'm an only child.” I stated, putting my game boy down and looked at Brian Joo, my butler who was more like a best friend to me really.

 

that's what he wrote here.”

 

there musta been a typo, there's no way dad would have hid something like this from me for this long.”

 

I shrugged it off then, not believing he'd ever do something like that, but now that I looked at them with my own eyes I felt betrayed a bit.

 

what the hell is this, I want answers!” one of the boys, the youngest of the boys, Seungri yelled towards the elderly man who closed his brief case ad headed out the door, “Yah! I'm not sharing anything with that son of a !” he growled and pointed towards Jonghyun who coldly glared back at him.

 

this can't be true, Papa wouldn't do something like this.” Jo Kwon, a snobby looking boy with his nose pointed towards the ceiling said as he stood from the long table we all sat at and dramatically ran up stairs.

 

hm, I don't know, dad did take mom's death pretty bad.” the oldest, Lee Donghae said after much thought.

 

I can't believe he'd do something like this.” Jonghyun, the second youngest son spoke up after a long while.

 

so where you from?” the second oldest, Park Jaebum, asked from beside me.

 

LA.” I stated.

 

You're American too.” he said excitedly.

 

where you from?”

 

Seattle, I'm seriously glad you can speak English, I haven't been able to speak English since I got here!” He grinned.

 

yah, how can you be so happy, You just found out your dad's been unfaithful!” Seungri glared over at Jonghyung agian then over to Jay.

 

huh, I was adopted out when I was pretty young, I never knew my real dad.” he shrugged, “I only came here because some guy came over telling me I could have a place to live for free, sounded like a good deal to me and I've always kinda wanted to know what my biological dad was like.”

 

I can't believe this!”Seungri exclaimed again and stomped towards the door, “you guy's can do what ever you want with the place, I'm out of here.”

 

same here, this wasn't what I thought it'd be.” Jonghyun said as well and fallowed Seungri.

 

After the two were gone Donghae, jay and I sat there in an awkward silence. I peered over at the two, noticing the differences and similarities in our features, “Anyone hungry?” I spoke up, the idea of having a meal with my new older brother's sounded somewhat pleasing.

 

sure, can you cook?” Donghae asked and stood up from his seat.

 

not really...”

 

that's ok, we can cook together-”

 

Yah! Stop right there!”

 

we peered over at the doorway where a short girl with a pixie like face stood dramatically with Seungri and Jonghyun under each arm, “erm, who're you.” Jay questioned.

 

some crazy who jumped us, she's scary man.” Seungri complained and tried to wiggle his way out of her arms.

 

Sandara Park and you six- hum, there's only five of you here- you guy's are not to leave this place as ordered by your father Ha Choonhwa!” Sandara struck a dramatic pose and dropped both boys to the ground. Seungri scrambled to his feet and hid behind me as fast he could while Jonghyun just calmly walked over to us, looking at Sandara as though she were mad.

 

um, nice to meet you and everything, but why're you here and why can't we leave?” Donghae asked and made his way to the front so he stood unfront of me.

 

no one told you?” Sandara pouted, “Master Ha requested that you six- just where is the last one- stay and live together until you guys have families of your own.”

 

Jo Kwon's already upstairs.” I told her as I stepped away from Seungri's cowering and Donghae's protectiveness, “Are you saying we have to stay here no matter what, what if we decide to leave?”

 

Sandara cutely swung back and fourth with a mischievous look on her face, “I can't tell~ you~” she sang then erupted into a fit of giggles.

 

this is stupid, I'm leaving.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes and made his way towards the door again, only to be tackled to the ground by Sandara.

 

You can't leave, Master Ha begged me to keep you all in here, he told me it was his biggest regret in his life that you six didn't meet and now that you have you must-”

 

You talk really fast. Just who were you to our dad then?” I questioned, “Don't tell me you're one of his many “wives” he has around?”

 

huh, no.” she giggled and stood up from Jonghyun who was quick to get away from the door, “I'm his maid!”

 

Maid!”

 

[insert random manly erted fantasies here]

 

You must of Known dad pretty well, can't you tell us anymore.” I questioned, ignoring the gaggeling gang of buffoons behind me.

 

well, he said you guys have to live together-”

 

got that, anything else?”

 

if one of you leaves none of you can get a share of the inheritance, he was very very strict with that part of the deal.”

 

inheritance, please, I already have the mansion in Kwangju I can go to.” Seungri claimed then jumped behind me once again when Sandara shot him a shockingly terrifying look.

 

it's more then that little boy! All the houses you guys were given are now at this very moment being sold to the highest bidder.” Sandara laughed manically.

 

What, you sold my house!”

 

just the ones bought by Master Ha, all of your things were taken out of it though.”

 

this is stupid, I can't believe dad would do this to me!”

 

...I could use the money to give to mom and dad.” Jay commented.

 

Donghae nodded to Jay and turned back to Sandara, “we'll do it.”

 

who said you can decide for us!”

 

I am the oldest which means I'm the leader”

 

who decided this, I don't remember ever voting on this!”

 

Yah, yah, can we talk about this later, how about we check out our rooms.” I said over the noise Donghae, Seungri and Jonghyun were making. I grabbed Sandara's arm and began to walk with her up the grand staircase with Jay beside me.

 

As you can see the doors are labeled with each of your names, my room's just down stairs if you're ever in trouble.” Sandara commented as she lead the way down the hall. I stopped at the room with my name scowled as the pink frilly writing on the door, “I designed your room especially Amber! I didn't know what you liked so I filled it with things that I like!”

 

um, thank you very much unnie, I'm sure I'll like it a lot.” I lied and opened the door, nearly going into shock at the sight of so many cute pink frilly things in the room, and oooh~, there were dolls and stuffed toys everywhere... kill me, “ah~, I love it Sandara unnie.” a normal person would have saw through my failed attempt at excitement but Sandara seemed pleased.

 

It's no problem at all Amber, and call me Dara!” she giggled and skipped back down the hall towards the others.

 

It's um, very pink.” Jay commented.

 

yep... very very pink.” I nearly gagged but went into it anyways, not wanting to disappoint Dara unnie, “so what's your family like?” I questioned Jay as he walked into my new room as well.

 

best people ever.” he smiled so big that his eyes closed.

 

cool~, You ok with leaving them like this?”

 

yeah, I had nothing going for me in Seattle and like I said, I've always been pretty curious about my biological parents.” he commented as he inspected a stuffed bunny, “what about you, what's your family like.”

 

I shrugged and sat down on my large plush bed, “Didn't know dad very well, he got with mom twenty years ago, discovered she was annoying and split with her less then a year later... mom is pretty annoying.”

 

mommy issues?”

 

is it obvious.” I laughed and marveled at just how comfy my bed was, it was like laying on air, “so what do you think about this, do you think living with those idiots down stairs will be worth it?”

 

it's worth a shot, I've never had siblings so maybe it'll be fun.” he smirked, “and not all of my siblings are so bad, I think we'll have a lot of fun once we get to know each other.”

 

This Jay guy, he seemed so bright and happy, he must of really had a good life growing up. I decided then that I wanted to take after him and be less of a wet blanket, then maybe life would be less boring, “I guess you're right big brother.”

 

Jay nodded and put what ever he had down, “I'm gonna see what Dara did to my room, see you later ok.” he called to me as he walked out of my room, closing the door behind him.

 

I layed back and thought about dad... just this morning they laid him into the ground... was I supposed to feel sad, depressed? I wouldn't say I didn't like dad, he seemed like a nice guy, he just was never around, always off in some other country or to busy to talk to me... was I a bad daughter since I didn't even cry at my own father's funeral?

 

I rolled over on my stomach and slid my arms under my pillow, stopping when I felt something underneath. I pulled it out and looked it over, it was an envelope with “to my daughter Amber” on it. Curious, I ripped it open and read,

 

Dear my only daughter Amber,

 

I'm sorry I was never around, you must hate me for it. Twenty years ago you came into my life and all I could do was feel pride and leave you alone to live with out me. I'd understand if you didn't want anything to do with me and your brother, I really have been a bad father.

 

These boys you met today are indeed your brothers- they each have different mothers and are very different, but all have good hearts. They, much like you, didn't know me very well so they must share the same animosity towards me as you... but please love and care for each other, you six need each other.

 

I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time with you before I died, just know it's no because I didn't want to, my biggest regret in life was that I didn't know you six like I should...

 

I love you my little girl, please live happily and freely,

 

your father,

Ha Choonhwa”

 

I stared down at my letter, telling my self that I wouldn't cry even when I felt as though I were being chocked... I had always wanted a family, and while I had mom she didn't really count, she was just... she just didn't know how to be what I needed.

 

Today was the first time I've ever had a real family...