A Day in Heaven.

Nothing Can Last Forever.

Sehun's Point of View:

              As I see Hye Rim on the ground, I rush towards her crying her name and see the blood stain on her side. I lift her shirt up and see a bloody bandage that couldn't hold the blood in. The quickest thing I can think of is getting her to my house, it's a block from where we're at. Hye Rim is passed out, I craddle her arms and start running for my house, my parent's aren't home so I don't need to explain what's happening right away. I take her and lay her in my bed, My grandpa's a doctor so he taught me how to take care of patience, I get the first aif kit and unbotten her shirt to reviel the wound, it's gotten worse, I check her pulse, it's there, but it's weak. I take her bandage off and examine the wound, it didn't hit anything important as far as I can tell, but it's deep. I take a napkin and coat it with rubbing alcohol, I start cleaning and desinfecting the wound, the blood stops enough for me to start stitching it up. I grab the needle and thread and carefully start stitching the wound up. I wipe off any extra blood and patch the wound up. I give Hye Rim a shot of antibiotics and hook her up to a monitor that checks her heat rate. I'm lucky she didn't go into shock, I don't have anything for that.

               When I think Hye Rim is okay, I cover her up with my blanket and I get a sheet to lay out on the floor, I get an extra pillow and lay down on the sheet. I don't fall asleep untill after 11:00 o clock. And the next morning, I don't go to school. I get up early and fix Hye Rim breakfast, she didn't wake up yet. So I pull up a chair and reach for her neck to check her pulse, it's not as weak as before, and she's pale. I grab a wet rag and dap it over her sweating forehead. She's running a fever.

               I hear Hye Rim grunt and turn a little. She knits her eyebrows and her eye lids flinch a little, then a little more, then even more. She starts opening her eyes, I lean over her and watch her eyes open up. She looks dazed.

"Hye Rim? Have you come to your sences?" I ask her.

"Sehun? Is that you, where am I?" She barely whispers.

"You're in my house, you passed out last night because of that cut in your stomach, I stitched it up for you."

Hye Rim sits up but screams a little bit in pain. She falls back down on the bed in pain. I get her some pain killers, and a flash light. I Start with the flash light and shine it in her eyes, her eyes are really sensitive to the light, she blinked rapidly when the light hit her eyes. I gave her two pain killers and a glass of water to wash it down. I checked her temperature, it was at 102.4 degrees. She was sick.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Not good, if that's what you're thinking," she joked. I smiled.

"I made you some breakfast, here. Eat it.

I helped Hye Rim sit up and went out of the room for a little bit to let her eat in peace, I came back with some of my Umma's clothes, I let her put the private stuff on, then I helped her with her shirt and pants. I got her my Umma's white skinny jeans and pink sweater, I was use to dressing poeple, so I didn't mind dressing Hye Rim, but I was sure she didn't feel to comfortable with me, I put her socks on and helped her to the bathroom. I waited outside for her to finish.

"Sehun-ah," Hye Rim said after coming out of the bathroom.

"Neh?"

"Can you help me wash my hair, it hurts to stretch my arms over my head, and plus, I can't get my bandage wet."

"Yeah, sure. Let me get some soap."

 

Hye Rim sat in the bathtub and leaned her head back in a bowl of warm water, I sat next to her and gently rinsed her hair out, it was soft, and she looked beautiful with wet hair. I applied the shampoo and started massaging her head, she seemed to be enjoying my head massage, her eyes were closed and she was slightly smiling.

"So, Hye Rim. You should stay here today, my parent's are out of town, so you don't have to worry about them. And I called your family, she agreed to let you stay if you're okay with it." I tried to start a conversation.

"Okay, but what about school?" She asked.

"I'll call them later, school didn't start yet, we still have another half hour."

I finished rinsing the shampoo and added the conditioner. Hye Rim looked sleepy, she was enjoying this massage way too much.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." I joked.

"Yeah, I've never had a head massage like this before. It's nice." She sounded like she was dreaming.

"Welcome to 'Spa Sehun,'" I cheered.

Hye Rim laughed, "I don't need to pay to get in?"

"Nope, it's completely free. But only if you enjoy it, if you don't, then you have to pay."

"Then I'll make sure to enjoy all of it."

I finished rinsing the conditioner out and dried her hair for her, then combed it. It smelled nice.

"Have those pain killers kicked in yet?" I asked.

"Yeah, I feel much better, thanks to you. Thanks."

"It was nothing. Really."

"Well, maybe not to you, but I would've had to explain to the police everything that happened."

I frowned, I was afraid to ask, but I had to, "what exactly did happen?"

Hye Rim sighed, "I was afraid you would ask."

"Oh," I started, "you don't have to if you don't want to. It's okay."

"No, you deserved to know." Hye Rim looked into my eyes and explained the story, every detail, how scared she was, everything.

"I'm so sorry, if only I were there, I could saved you, and you wouldn't be hurt."

"It's not your fault, these men were evil."

"Except Sang Suk." Sehun corrected.

"Right, except Sang Suk. But Sehun, you can't tell anyone this happened. Sang Suk could go to jail, and he saved my life."

"I promise I won't." I stuck out my pinky and Hye Rim curled her pinky up with mine as we touched thumbs and made a Korean Promise.

 

Your Point of View:

               Sehun called the school and told them that you and him would be absent today. You two stayed at his place, which surprisingly looked like heaven because of all the white in it (white walls, white floor, white furniture, etc.), and watched movied on his flat screen TV. You two sat right next to each other in silence and were concentrated on the movie, occasionally, you would glance at him and he with you. You really tired and the pain killers were starting to wear off. Before you realized what happened, you fell asleep on Sehun's shoulder.

 

you woke up in Sehun's bed and looked aroun, the pain killers weared off completely, you could tell. when you sat up, you clutched your side and used your other arm to help you up. Sehun wasn't in the room, you reached over for pain killers resting on the desk and took a couple and drank them down with water. You walked out of the room and walked downs the stairs into the kitchen. You checked the clock, you slept for at least five hours. it was 3:30 pm. You walked around the kitchen and found the refridgerator. Yout some water out of it and poured a glass of water. You didn't realize it but you were really thirsty, you drank the whole glass, then another. You put the water back in the fridge and explored the house, you walked into the living room, then the basement. It was empty. Barely any boxes, you went into his parent's room, nothing special there. Then you went into his backyard, it was warm outside and sunny. His grass was really green, making his white house look boring. You sat down on the porch and soaked in the spring sun. You haven't been outside all day.

               You hear the screen door shut behind you and you quickly look behind you, startled. But just realize it's Sehun.

"Hey," you say first.

"Hi, you okay? Did you take anymore pills?" he asked.

"Yes."

"How many, two?" He asked.

"Yup."

"Okay, just wanted to make sure."

You smile a little, "where did you go?"

"I had to run to the store, I ran out of bubble tea."

"Wow, you really like bubble tea, don't you?"

"It's my favorite." Sehun grinned.

"Wah. . . It's nice outside."

"Very nice," Sehun walked over and sat next to you,

"So, I've been thinking,"You began, "Can I have that gift you were gonna give me yesterday?"

Sehun grinned from ear to ear, "of course!" He hopped up and sprinted inside. You had to recieve that gift, he would've felt bad for the rest of your life if you didn't recieve it. You don't care anymore if you get too close to Sehun anymore. You like him too much to ignore him. Sehun came back with the present and handed it to you. you unwrapped it and smiled. The panda was adorable, especially when he put your name in it. You couldn't help but hug him. He looked surprised when you threw your arms arounf him, but pleased.

"You like it?" He asked.

"I love it! Thank you," You said. You waited a moment and set the bear down, "Sehun-ah, would you like to go to the park with me? I like to go there for peace and quiet."

"Sure, why not?" Sehun chuckled.

"Kaja!" You urged. Sehun found the shoes that went this your outfit and you two were out the door in minutes.

               It took a couple of minutes to get there, you walked over to the track and strolled next to Sehun. You saw Sehun glancing down at his hands a lot, you glanced down at his hands to see what he was looking at and saw the most funniest thing ever from Sehun. He was attempting to hold your hand, He noticed you and cleared his throat, he stopped reaching for your hand. You chuckled and interlocked your fingers with his, he looked down surprised, then at you. You smiled, then he smiled back. You two started swingin your arms forward and backward, you looked around, enjoying hte scenery.

 

Sehun and You walked back to his house and he gave you PJ's to sleep in, he washed your hair for you then himself. He walked you to bed and tucked you in bed.

"Hye Rim?" He asked.

"Neh?"

He stared at you for a few moment's, then leaned over you and slowly kissed your forehead. You weren't expecting that, but you're glad it did. You smiled.

"Good night," he said.

"Good night," you replied.

Sehun stayed there, watching you in silence. You didn't know what he was thinking, you were very curious.

"Hye rim-ah?" He asked.

"Neh," you said again.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He said shyly.

"What?" You asked.

"Will you be my girlfriend," He said more confidently.

"Jinja?"

"Neh."

"Oh, Sehun, I don't know what to say."

"That's okay," he said awkwardly, "you can think about it. I won't rush you." He got up and walked out of the room.

Your cheeks turned red. Sehun just asked you to be his girlfriend, what do you say?

 

You woke up the next morning and saw your uniform hanging up on the wall. Did Sehun go to your house and get that for you?

               You take some pain killers and take a shower, Sehun didn't help you because you didn't ask. But he made breakfast and dried your hair for you. You got dressed by yourself and brushed your teeth. Sehun didn't really talk to you all morning. He was too busy getting ready. Or avoiding you from what happened last night.

               Sehun is waiting you outside, none of his friends showed up yet. You walk out and meet him.

"Good morning," He said awkwardly.

"Good morning to you too," You smile.

You two start to walk down the sidewalk when you say, "yes."

"What?" He asked confusingly.

"Yes,"

"Yes what?" He's still confused.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend."