Birthday fun.

Nothing Can Last Forever.

You're Point of View:

               You don't know what came over you. One minute, you're letting everyone else fight for you and annoy Jae Hee, the next. . . Anger takes over and you find yourself defending yourself. You kind of liked it. Having everyone know that you can take care of yourself and not be in the shadows. You only said that you would compete with Jae Hee because you know that you can win. 100% sure. But you also know that Jae Hee isn't going to give up so easy. You just hope that she'll take defeat with pride and be on her merry way and not throw a big tantrum and destroy everything in her path. D.O. would be so scared.

               So after the rally was over and you separated, you and the gang headed down to the park by your house, you told Sehun that you didn't feel like doing class today so he has everyone come with and mess around at the park.

"Ooh!" Tao shouts, "swings!" he runs over to them, slops down, and starts swinging.

"Come on," Sehun grabs your hand and runs over to a swing, you sit down and he starts pushing you.

"Hey, everyone" Lay says, "let's play hotdog."

"Ooh!" Tao shouts again, "hotdog! I love that game!"

"What's hotdog?" Kris asks.

"It's a game, someone lays down on two swings, like so," Lay sits down in a swing and turns it so his feet are facing the one next to it and picks his feet up and places up in it, "then you get off of your and lay on your back, but hold onto the handles, because you will fall off otherwise."

"Then you push him," Tao says and walks up to Lay, he grabs the handle of each swing and pulls it his way, then runs the opposite direction, swinging Lay back and forth, "help me out, it needs at least two persons to push him."

"Is that a fat joke?" Lay says as Kris starts to push him.

". . . . . . . . . . Ne." Tao laughs.

"Yah! Why are you being informal to your elder?"

"I wasn't. . ."

"Don't lie, Kris, stop me, I'm going to kill him."

"Not if you can't catch me!" Tao pushes Lay really hard so it'll be harder to stop him and runs off.

"Yah!" Lay says as he finally stops and runs off to find Tao.

               Sehun pulls you over, "your turn."

"What!?" You say, worried but do it anyway. 

"1. 2. 3!" Sehun and Kai say in unison as they start pushing you. You get pretty high up, and that's when you start laughing.

"Okay," you say after a few minutes, "okay, I'm done."

Sehun and Kai slowly stop you, you let go of the swing handles and the swing slips out from under your back and you fall head first on the ground.

"Ow!" You say and get your feet off of the other swing, you the back of your head.

"You okay, Sweets?" Sehun says as he crouches down next to you.

"Yeah, just bumped my head, I'll be fine."

"Hey, speaking of that, if  you're okay or not. How are you feeling, your birthday is tomorrow you excited?"

"Oh, please! Don't start talking about that. I hate birthday's, last year my aunt and uncle threw me a princess styled party. I hated it!" you laugh.

"well, do you have anything in mind that you want?" Kai says and sits on the swing.

"No, not really. Other than a new guitar, nothing." you say and stand up, still rubbing your head.

"You play guitar?" Sehun asks, astonished, "you never told me about this."

"I figured you already knew, considering that you've been over at my house so much, I thought you have seen the guitar in my basement."

"Oh, what have you guys been doing in the basement?" Kai teases.

"We mess around down there with, like, dancing, the basement is where my dance studio is." you say casually.

"I guess I know where I'm going after school ends," Kai teases.

"Yeah right, you need a key to get in there, and you have no idea where it is," Sehun says cocky.

"It's under your pillow isn't it?" Kai says to you.

"How did you-" you say amazed.

"Lucky guess, and I was in your house last week."

"What!?" you and Sehun say at the same time,

He sighs, "yeah, you relatives weren't home, and I needed to get some extra underwear. I knew that Sehun had some over there, plus, you're house is closer so I didn't go over to his instead. I just happened to look through your stuff and find the key. I was wondering where that went to. Now I know. Thanks!"

"You little-!" Sehun says and starts choking Kai, "don't go into her house again, got it!?"

"Arreseo!" Kai chokes out of him. Sehun releases him.

"Come on, let's leave," Sehun says to you and interlocks your fingers with his.

You start smiling, the whole tough guy doesn't really fit Sehun too much. He can look manly at times, but usually when he tries something like that, you don't take it seriously. He's not the type of guy. You start laughing.

"What's so funny?" Sehun asks.

"You!" You laugh more.

"Me?" He looks so confused.

"Yes, you! You just choked Kai for borrowing underwear from you."

"He went in your house and looked through your things!" Sehun starts to smile a little bit from your laughing.

"But he didn't do anything, I just think it's funny the way you reacted to that."

He gasps stupidly, "I'm just looking out for my girlfriend, is all."

"I get that, but don't look out for me like that. It makes you look more funny than stupid."

"Yah!" he says as you start to run off, "are you serious!?"

"Yup!" running faster so Sehun won't catch you.

               He does though, he's so much faster than you are. He picks you up from behind and swings you around. You squeal with laughter, he finally puts you down and he pecks you on your cheek.

"You are so weird," he says.

"Right back at you," you comment back with a smile.

               He walks back over to the play ground with you and everyone's there talking with each other, Lay caught Tao. His hair was messed up. . .

"Hey," Suho says as he sees you two, "we're going back to my place to watch a movie, wanna come?"

"What movie?" Sehun asks.

"We'll find out when we get there."

You and Sehun look at each other, he turns back to Suho, "sure, okay."

"We leaving right now?" You ask.

"Yeah, come on, let's get something to eat, then we go."

 

Everyone walks down to a food stand down the street and buys something to eat. After that, you head back to Luhan's house and look at movies.

"Oh!" You say when you see The Man From No Where sitting on the shelf, "let's watch this one."

Everyone looks at you in awe, Luhan says, "you wanna watch this movie?"

"What?" you say, "I like action movies."

"Check that off my bucket list,"  Kai smirks, "watch a bloody movie with Sehun's girlfriend, check!"

"Dork!" D.O. shoves Kai on the couch and starts wrestling with him.

"Be careful guys," Luhan pulls them apart, "my parent's just got new furniture, if they find out that it's ruined, I'll die. Literally. They WILL kill me."

"Okay," D.O. get's off of Kai, "we'll finish this later. . . In my bathtub." He laughs.

"The girl has spoken!" Luhan takes the movie out of Hye Rim's hand, "we shall watch The Man From Nowhere."

"You really want to watch this?" Sehun whispers in your ear.

"Neh!" You smile, " last year I would watch this movie every single day when I got home from school."

               Sehun laughs and walks over to the couch, you follow and lean on him and he throws his arm around you. Everyone gathers around, Kai starts acting feminine and imitates what you and Sehun are doing to Tao. You laugh and kiss Sehun's cheek, expecting Kris to kiss Tao, but he doesn't. Bummer.

               After the movie ends, Sehun takes you home and kisses you goodnight. You kiss him back and say the same. You take a shower and put your hair in a bun before going to bed, you look up at the ceiling and think for a little bit. Why would you ever want to shut someone out of your life, you can't fight. And Jae Hee won't be able to beat you. Even D.O. has confidence, and he never had confidence. Everything will play out perfectly.

               You stare at the ceiling for a while longer until you doze off and the next thing you know, you're waking up to your alarm clock. You reach over and search for it until you feel it with your palm and hit the off button, you throw your blanket off of you and get ready for school. You quickly eat breakfast and brush your teeth then you're out the door-

               But something isn't right. Sehun and everyone else isn't waiting for you, where are they? Did you finish getting ready before they came? You look around a little bit and finally walk down the street, hoping to see them coming up the sidewalk. But they're not, maybe you're really early. But you checked your watch, and it's right on time. Did they forget to come get you? But Sehun would never forget. Why aren't they here?

               You keep walking, keeping an eye out for them. But you reach the school grounds with no one by your side, disappointed, you walk in and walk to your homeroom, finding that Luhan and Sehun aren't there either. Where the heck are those two!? You just saw Sehun last night, he didn't go anywhere. Did he ditch? You take your seat and look out the window thinking they'll walk in the gates and you'll see them. Nope, nothing. The bell rings and everyone takes they're seats, the teacher walks in and everyone takes their bows. Still, They aren't here yet. When class ends, you look down the hallway and spot a glimpse of black hair and a short body. D.O. You've just been caught buddy. You run down the hallway and try to catch up with him, you see him take a left and into the music room. Why the heck would he be in there?

               You follow him in there anyway, and when you get in there, you don't believe your eyes. Banners are held on the ceilings reading "Happy Birthday, Hye Rim!" Did they plan this for you?

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Hye Rim! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone comes out with some cake and Sehun comes out with something wrapped in wrapping paper.

"Happy birthday," everyone chatters and has you blow out the candles on the cake, "make a wish!"

You blow out the candles and everyone laughs and claps, "happy birthday, Sweetie," Sehun kisses you your lips and hands you your present.

"You guys did all of this?" You ask, close to tears.

"Don't act so surprised," Xuimin laughs, "you deserve all of this, man!"

"She's not a man!" Tao punches Xuimin in the arm, "happy birthday, Hye Rim!"

"Open it!" Kai urges, "Sehun picks this out all by himself."

You look down at it, it's shaped like a giant box, so there could be anything in it.

"We had to put in a giant box so you couldn't guess what it was, or else it would've been sooo obvious."

You stare at it a little longer and finally rip off the rapping paper. What you first see is a large TV on the front of the box, but you know that's not what they got you. Kai pulls out his pocket knife and cuts through the tape, you thank him and open the box. And what's inside it, is just amazing.

               What you stare at is a new acoustic guitar with a dark brown trim and an oak body, the frets are a very shiny silver, it looks like it's just been polished. And you can smell that new guitar smell. You love it. A big smile forms on your face, and you put the guitar down and kiss Sehun, he kisses you back, while hugging you with both arms. You're filled with ecstatic joy and so much energy, you hug everyone else and look at the guitar again.

"Play me a song," Sehun says and pulls you up a chair to sit in.

You laugh and nod, "arreseo," you sit down and tune the guitar, then you think of a song to play. After you're absolutely sure what song, you take a little breath and start strumming, and playing chords and notes, one after another until the next thing you know, everyone's clapping and cheering.

"Beautiful!" Sehun yells. That makes you blush, a lot, "that was the best thing I've ever heard."

"Gomawo," you laugh and he kisses you on your forehead.

"Guys," Baekhyun stars to panic, "Guys! Something's wrong with me."

"What!?" Chanyeol runs over to him and checks his forehead for a temperature, "what's wrong Baek?"

"I don't feel too good. . ."

"Someone call the nurse!" Chanyeol barks way to dramatically.

"I need. . ."

"Yes?" Chanyeol sits him down in a chair.

"I need. . ."

"Say it before it's too late."

"Cake. . ." Baekhyun pretends to faint in Chanyeol's arms.

"Someone get this man a piece of cake before he dies of hunger!"

"Cut the cake, stat!" Kari plays along and pushes D.O to the cake with the knife.

"Cutting the cake!" D.O. also plays along, "get me a plate!"

"PLATE!" Tao screams.

"Here Baekhyun, eat it!" Chanyeol spoon feeds the cake into his mouth. After swallowing it, he slowly opens his eyes.

"The surgery was a success!" Everyone cheers.

"You're alive!" Chanyeol hugs him, "I though I was gonna loose you, buddy!"

"I thought I was gonna loose me too. That was way too close. Don't ever let me go without cake ever again!"

Everyone laughs and D.O. slices more pieces of cake for everyone to have, he gives you the second piece, because Baekhyun took the first. And it's good, it's strawberry, your favourite. And chocolate icing. The cake's a masterpiece.

"You like it?" Sehun asks.

"Like it? I love it!" You kiss him, this time for a long time.

"Um, guys. . . Break it up! That's disgusting," Kai says and pulls you off of Sehun.

"Sorry," you begin, "and thank you guys, for everything. This is by far the best birthday a girl could ever ask for," you say, smiling at the guitar.