The past

Meeting you again

 


Next morning. Third person's POV.
 
Both Jonghyhn and Minho was sitting on the dinning table having their breakfast. Jonghyun was holding his head and groaning in pain. "Why did you cry so much yesterday. Now you are having a headache!" Minho chided gently and passed Jonghyun some painkillers. "Thanks." Jonghyun quickly plopped the few pill into his mouth. 
 
"Minho, I've thought about it yesterday...." Jonghyun started. The younger stopped eating and stared at the elder with seriousness written all over his face.
 
"I'm still scared to be in love and it's hard to change that but I am willing to try for Yoon Mi. I don't know why but after meeting her I feel that my whole world revolves around her and I can't imagine my life without her."  Jonghyun said.
 
Minho was stunt. He never expected that Jonghyun could ever say something like that. Jonghyun had a great fear of falling in love because of his past that had bothered the elder for so long but now he is willing to over come everything for Yoon Mi. 
 
"Jonghyun.. Why her? Out of all girls why Yoon Mi. I can't stand the way she treats you. Like yesterday, she ask you out just to help her and instead of saying thank you she shouted at you!" I protested.
 
"she isn't that bad! She is nice! She helped me get ice for my bruise and gave me a little of her food!" Jonghyun smiled brightly. Jonghyun didn't understand why but these small things made his heart swell.
 
"Alright. No matter what I will always support you." Minho said.
 
"I have to go now! I'm going to work. ! I'm going to be late!" Jonghyun said in a hurry and rushed out of the house.
 
"Right... Today is Saturday. Jonghyun has the part time Job and the karaoke lounge." Minho mumbled to himself and cleared the dishes.  
 
That morning the more Minho thought about it, the more worried he gets. What if Yoon Mi continue to hurt Jonghyun to the point Jonghyun can't take it anymore? He can't let Yoon Mi do that Jonghyun. It was the first time Jonghyun is able to face his fear and admits he loves her. He had to do something
 
Minho pulled out his phone to call Ji min.
 
"Yoboseyo?" Minho heard Ji Min's sweet voice. At that moment, he wanted to just talk to Ji Min instead of talking about Jonghyun's problem.
 
"H-Hello, i-it's Minho" Minho stuttered. Minho mentally slapped himself for stuttering. 
 
" Ah Minho! Hello!" Minho could hear Ji Min's smile.
 
"Ji Min, I would really like to talk to you but I need to look for Yoon Mi urgently. Can you give me her number?" Minho asked.
 
"Umm she is with me right now."
 
"Where are you guys?"Minho asked.
 
"At the Starbucks we met the other time." She replied.
 
"Okay. I'm coming over!" I hung up before she could reply. Minho grabbed my jacket and dashed out of the house.
 
At starbucks.
 
Minho dashed into the cafe. He spotted the two girls siting at the corner of the cafe and proceeded to make his way to them. 
 
"Hello." Minho greeted them "Sorry for being so rude and spoil the plans you two have for today." He apologized sincerely
 
"Aniya! It's okay! We don't have any plans anyway!" Ji Min smiled. Minho breath hitched. He swallowed nervously and tried to keep on his poker face.
 
"So what do you want to talk about?" Yoon Mi asked.
 
"Its about Jonghyun." Minho said seriously.
 
"If you are going to talk about that jerk, you can leave now and don't waste my time" Yoon Mi sweet and cheerful expression changed into a cold one.
 
"Look. Jonghyun really does like you. If you are not interested in him than say so! Please don't toy around with him like that." 
 
"Even if I am toying with him, be deserve it anyway." Yoon Mi spat.
 
"He had already apologize to you about the bullying incident what else do you want him to do?" Minho was really angry. Yoon Mi was a sweet girl but why is she so unreasonable when it comes to Jonghyun? 
 
"You don't know what torture I have gone through just because of him" Yoon Mi's lips trembled as some of the flashbacks came back to her.
 
"I know you have been thought bad childhood but Jonghyun has been though something as bad as well or may be even worse...." Minho say softly. He wasn't too sure wether he should bring this up. It was a sensitive topic for Jonghyun and something Jonghyun don't want to remember.
 
Yoon Mi looked at Minho in confusion. Jonghyun had been through something bad? How can that be? He was the popular guy that was loved by everyone. He was good in everything be it sports or academic. He lived the life every growing child wants. How can he go thorough something as bad as me? Questions popped up in Yoon Mi's head as she tried to understand what Minho had just told him.
 
Yoon Mi tried to keep her straight face and said "What has he been through? I dont believe it would something as bad as how I lived my childhood." 
 
Minho signed. "It was really bad. I can't tell you what exactly happen because Jonghyun doesn't like to talk about it but I can assure you it is really bad. What happen destroyed the cheerful and confident Jonghyun. He became unapproachable. He was cold and he wouldn't talk to anyone! He would just sit alone and ignore everyone else. Even though I was his best friend, it took a while for him to talk to me. He didn't bothered to eat or do anything in his life. He would come to school late, sleep in class, not do his homework. I was so scared... H-He was like a zombie. Slowly, when he let me talk to him, things got slightly better slowly. Although it was something that happened in the beginning of middle school, he just got over it." Minho bit his lips to prevent himself from tearing, but I was too late, a tear slipped from his eye. 
 
Ji Min who was quiet all this while passed a piece of tissue paper to Minho. She smiled gently at him as he took the tissue. Minho felt so much better after looking at that beautiful smile. He wiped his tear, took a deep breath and continued. "Jonghyun may look strong but he isn't that strong. He is someone who just healed  a broken heart and it might break again. After Jonghyun moved on, there was something that stayed with him. He was afraid of loving someone. "
 
"Afraid of loving someone? What time of fear is that?" Yoon mi said in a whisper. Yoon Mi don't know why but suddenly she wanted to know more about Jonghyun. She never knew there was a phase in Jonghyun's life like that. Suddenly, she felt a little bad about how mean she has been to him but when the bullying incident comes back she would be angry will Jonghyun again.
 
"He was afraid of loving someone because he believes that if he falls in love it will only bring pain to him and nothing else. This is why Jonghyun never loves anyone and that's why all his relationship was superficial. He had never tried to love anyone because he was afraid. This is always why Jonghyun have trusting problems. He isn't able to trust anyone except me and his noona." 
 
"What about Yoon Mi?" Ji min asked.
 
"That's the point. He told me yesterday that he would overcome his fear for Yoon Mi. And treat this relationship with all his heart. Yoon Mi, this is a miracle, I never thought this could happens to Jonghyun. I never knew someone could find and hold on to his heart that was lost for so long." Minho said.
 
Yoon Mi felt her heart sank. She was suppose to take revenge on Jonghyun yet Minho saw this a a a miracle. What is she suppose to do?
 
"But I don't know how much he trust you." Minho muttered.
 
"Ha! Then how would you know whether he is serious about me?" Yoon Mi rebutted.
 
" He is serious. I grew up with him. I can practically see through him. So please, don't toy with his heart. He can afford to go through another wave of torture. Please stop using him, although Jonghyun didn't not complain about this to me but how could make him help you carry props without asking him? He thought you were going on a date with him, he was disappointed but at the same time really delighted because he got to see you! Can you see what your small actions could do to him?"
 
"Yoon Mi! How could you do that?" Ji Min Gasped.
 
"Yoon Mi, I am really begging for you to be nice to Jonghyun. I know he was mean to you but he is really sorry about it. Please don't make him cry anymore." Minho pleaded
 
"Cry?" Yoon Mi asked in shock. Jonghyun actually cried because of her? 
 
"Yeah... Yesterday after meeting you, he came to my apartment looking like he was about to collapse. He couldn't stop crying yesterday because he was scared about all the feelings he had for you. And when you said that his bullying cannot be erased by a sorry, it really affected him a lot." 
 
Yoon Mi was speechless, a sense of guilt came. Yoon mi shook her head. 'My heart shouldn't be wavered so easily. Jonghyun deserved to be hurt. He was the one that destroyed my childhood.' Yoon Mi told herself,
 
"Is that all? If that's all you can leave now." Yoon Mi said coldly.
 
"Wait. I know how to find out if he really trust you." Minho said.
 
"How?"
 
"Well,  if one day he is willing to tell you about what happen to him in the past, it shows that he is able to trust you. Jonghyun had never told anyone about his past. Only his Noona and I knows about it." Minho got up from his seat. He looked and Yoon Mi and said "I am not asking for you to accept him and date him. All I ask of you is to not toy with him. I don't want to see Jonghyun break because of you." 
 
Minho said goodbye to the both of them and left. Yoon Mi was left staring into space in shock.
 
"Hey, Yoon Mi are you alright?" Ji Min broke Yoon Mi out if her thoughts
 
"O-Of course. My aim is to hurt Jonghyun. I feel so great." Yoon mi smiled. Yoon Mi felt weird like she didn't really mean what she just said. 
 
Just then, Yoon Mi's phone rang. "Yeobosayeo" 
 
"Hello, Yoon Mi? It's Dae Ho" A deep familiar voice rang in Yoon Mi's ear.
 
"Dae Ho?" Yoon Mi repeated. Ji Min ears perked up as she heard that name.
 
"Don't tell me you don't remember me Yoon Mi baby." Dae Ho said warmly.
 
"Ah! DONG HO OPPA! OMO how did you get my number? I though I would loose contact with you forever."
 
"I love my Yoon Mi baby so much how could I loose contact with you forever. I went all out to find your number." Dong Ho said with a deep voice.
 
"Awww Oppa I miss you so much."
 
"I'm having a reunion party tomorrow at my house. Do you and Ji Min want to come?" Dae Ho aske.
 
"Of course!" Yoon Mi agreed without hesitation.
 
"Ok! I'll texted you my new address!"
 
"Oh yeah! I forgot you moved" Yoon Mi replied.
 
"Okay! See you tomorrow!" Yoon mi could hear Dae Ho's smile,
 
She was so excited. She haven't seen Dae Ho for so long and she missed him so much.
 
"Ji min ah! IT'S DAE HO OPPA! Anyway he invited us for a reunion party tomorrow!" Yoon Mi exclaimed and showed Ji Min the text of his address.
 
Ji min took a closer look at the text. "Yah! That's in Busan! We will never make it on time if we take public transport!" Ji Min gasped.
 
"Eh? Oh yeah. But I don't care I'm
not missing the party." Yoon Mi said.
 
"How are we going to get there?" Ji Min asked.
 
Yoon Mi thought about it and smirked . "Jonghyun"
 
"What?! Haven't you hurt him enough? And now you are going to use him again?" Ji Min gasped in shock.
 
"He deserve it. Plus its Dae Ho oppa!" 
 
"I get it. You love Dae Ho. But can you not use Jonghyun." Ji min asked.
 
"I don't care. It's settled." Yoon Mi said emotionlessly.
 
Hello! Hope you would enjoy this chapter. I hope the story is not to confusing! Pls subscribe and comment! I feel insercure about this story. Haha. Okay anyway....  Sorry for the typos and ENJOY