11

Silently Yours

Jessica slowly walked towards her and studied her face. She cups Tiffany's cheek and a sigh escapes her lip. She then took Tiffany's hand and gasped at the coldness of her hand. There was a pang in her heart as she gulped and looked back at the other members who were looking at her pitifully.

"Oh gosh..Fany.." She hiccups and squeezes the sleeping girl's hand gently. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked at Tiffan's pale face and dry chapped lips. She was losing her..sooner or later.  Tiffany would meet her end soon. At that thought,Jessica felt upset. She bit her lip softly. Is there really no hope to meet her best friend all over again?

Suddenly,the heart monitor went into a flat line. Jessica froze and looked up,horror washing over you. The other girls immediately called for the doctors as Jessica tried to process what was happening. And all of a sudden,the doctors were rushing in and nurses tried to get her out. She fought and cried out,desperate to reach for her best friend.

"TIFFANY! NO! PLEASE,YOU CAN'T LEAVE!"

 

"Are you sure about this,Ms.Sooyoung? You have a whole life ahead of you..and you want to throw that away?"

Sooyoung chuckles dryly,looking at Tiffany who had been stabelized by the doctors,for now. She looks back at the doctor and shrugs,crossing her arms.

"I'll be making the ultimate sacrifice here. A broken heart will heal another. Jessica..she needs her. I want her to be happy. I match and qualify for the requirements right? Then let's do it. Just let me say my final goodbyes,doc." She said,smiling a bit. The doctor sighs and nods,before leading Sooyoung to fill out some forms and sign some papers.

 

"WHAT?! But..S-soo!" Taeyeon looked at the taller with wide eyes,was she imagining things or did Sooyoung just say that she'd give her heart to Tiffany? Literally? Sooyoung chuckled and engulfed Taeyeon in a hug. Tears threatening to fall but she bravely held them back. She pulled away and smiled at everyone of them.

"Thank you for being the sisters I never had. Thank you for being my shoulders to lean on and the hands I hold through the good and bad times. Thank you for helping me through thick and thin. Thank you for being a family with me. But..I'm doing this for Tiff. She has so much ahead of her. And I'm ready to give..my heart for another."

The rest of SNSD looked at Sooyoung quietly,tears rolling down their cheeks. They were going to get one girl back..but not another.  Jessica stared at Sooyoung who caught her eyes and smiles sadly. Jessica shook her head and went to go to the bathroom. She can't believe Sooyoung was doing this. As she reached the bathroom,she saw something on the floor. She picked it up and tilted her head as she examined it. It was a pendant. On it was engraved J + T.

And suddenly a wave of memories hit her like a ton of bricks.

Smaller versions of Jessica and Tiffany were talking to each other.

"Happy birthday,Jessi! Here's your gift~ I have one just like it! Mine says J + T while yours says T + J!"

"Oh it's beautiful,Fany! Thank youuu!"

"No problem Jessi. Best friends forever?"

"Forever!"

She had thought that it was pure coincidence that Tiffany had the same name as her childhood bestfriend and crush. So even when she was small..she already loved Tiffany. Jessica gulped and gripped the pendant in her hands. She quietly slipped away and ran to the hospital,she wasn't letting Sooyoung do this.

 

"Please. I won't let her. I'll do it."

"But miss-"

"Just please. I don't want her to lose her life. And I don't have much to live for anyway. The only girl I love..isn't in love with me."

 

As nurses around her rushed around frantically for the operation,Jessica quietly wrote a letter to the members and a separate one for Tiffany. She then asked a nurse to give them respectively before she was wheeled to the operation room. Jessica was laid on a bed and soon,Tiffany joined her. Jessica looked over and smiled halfheartedly.

"I love you,Tiffany.."

And then Jessica closed her eyes.