Friend

Here I Am

Walking back and forth in front of Chanyeol, to the huge mirror and then back to the closet. He took another t-shirt and trying to fit it in. He turned around multiple times, trying to catch a glimpse of himself in front of the mirror.

“Is this okay, Chanyeol?” eyes still stick at the mirror.

Rolling his eyes while he spoke “Kyung, how many times are you going to try those?” he shifts his eyes on Kyungsoo’s bed. Almost all the t-shirts and jeans from the closet had been taken out yet still none of them satisfies Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol was there, sitting on his own bed, stuffing his hand in his pocket, waiting for Kyungsoo to finish setting himself since 20 minutes ago. He is wearing a dark blue sweatshirt with a hoodie on his head covering his hair and a black skinny jeans making his thighs looks obviously hot and y. He was so excited and can’t wait for the date with Baekhyun as they promised to meet in another few minutes.

He was on the phone with Baekhyun a few moments ago and the latter informed that they were already at the amusement park waiting for them to come. He didn’t forget to drop some kisses to Baekhyun through the phone before he ended the call. Chanyeol had urged Kyungsoo to hurry up as soon as he hung up the phone.

That left Kyungsoo with an annoying look on his face, looking at Chanyeol. He’s not jealous. He’s just— He also wants to do something like that too. But he has no one as a partner. He had never dated before and had never experienced on something like that.

Sighing, Kyungsoo’s body still didn’t budge from the mirror. His eyes were looking down at the plaid colourful t-shirt that he’s wearing. Why should he need to dress up something special? It’s not like he’s the one that’s going on a date. It’s Chanyeol’s. And he’s just going to be there to accompany them and most importantly is to meet Baekhyun.

He nodded a bit and feels satisfied with how do he look at that time.

Now, it’s time to go. He said to himself.

He had took off the plaid colourful t-shirt earlier and settled himself with a simple white round collar tee, a pair of black jeans and with a black cap to complete his look. He likes everything with white and black in colour. Even his sneakers are black too. He likes the simplicity and he enjoyed wearing them.

Looking at the mirror for the last time, he spoke “Chanyeol, let’s go. I’m ready.” Kyungsoo starts to make a step to the door.

It took a while for Chanyeol to respond him. As soon as he got up from his seat, he mocked “Kyungsoo, what took you so long to say that?” rolling his eyes again. “Now let’s go. They’re already waiting for us.”

And with that, Kyungsoo’s steps stopped. He turned his body around facing Chanyeol who was just standing behind him, “They?” he paused for a while, “What do you mean by they? I thought it will be just you, Baekhyun and me.” he pointed his index finger at himself.

Chanyeol blinks at him, trying to find the right words on how to tell Kyungsoo about this pairing up thingy. He broke the silence after a few minutes, “I— I just—” rubbing his back neck using his right hand, eyes dropping on the floor.

“— U just what?” Kyungsoo beamed.

Chanyeol got a small shocked and he automatically squeezed his eyes shut, scared if Kyungsoo might hit him somewhere, before he anwswered, “I just made a promise with Baekhyun to go on a double dates.” gaining all of his strength, he opened his left eye to see Kyungsoo’s reactions.

Kyungsoo seems blank, “…and?” he asked.

Chanyeol opened both of his eyes wide and started to grin. “And it includes you.” still grinning, showing his structured white teeth.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widening, showing his owl-eyed expression. “You did what? No. I don’t think I wan—” he shoots Chanyeol a look.

“Kyung, don’t be like this. It’s gonna be fun! Trust me.” Chanyeol continued, cutting Kyungsoo’s off from his words. “Let’s just enjoy today, okay? You said you really want to meet Baekhyun, right?” Kyungsoo nodded. “So let’s just think that this is just a meet. A very simple meet but with the four of us. Is that okay now?” he took Kyungsoo’s hands and squeezed them, trying to convince him.

Kyungsoo eyes were still looking straight at Chanyeol’s trying to find the truth from them. If that so… If it is just a meet, a very simple meet… Then it would be okay, right?

He closed his eyes, taking a very deep breath and exhaled them slowly. He opened his eyes and found Chanyeol is still looking at him waiting for his answer.

“Hm. I think… it will be okay if u said so. I’m going to put my trust on you.” Chanyeol couldn’t hide his grin anymore. His stupid grin is obviously showing. “And please, stop grinning. You look ugly when you did that.”

“How could you…” Chanyeol pouted.

Kyungsoo chuckled a bit and found that Chanyeol looks cute when he pout. “So, what is this Baekhyun’s friend name?” he paused, thinking. “Is it a guy or a girl?”

“A guy.”

He hummed before he asks, “What is his name?”

Chanyeol replied with a shrug. “I don’t know. Baekhyun didn’t mention his name to me. He said that he was just a friend of his.”

“Hm I think it will be fine then. If he is a friend of Baekhyun, I assume he is okay.” Kyungsoo smiles.

Chanyeol relieved when he sees Kyungsoo smiles after he struggled hard to get Kyungsoo to believe in him. “I hope you can get along with him today.” he put his forearm on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“I hope I will.” Kyungsoo replied.

As they were just about to continue making their steps towards the door, Kyungsoo spoke.

“Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol stops, looking down at Kyungsoo. He replied with a hummed, showing his blank face.

“Do you really have to wear that hoodie on your head on your date like what you’re doing right now?” he paused for a while, “I hope you don’t because you really looks ugly.” Kyungsoo burst out laughing and his laughs only getting much louder when Chanyeol’s brows almost knitted together, frowning looking at him.

Not trying to sulk, Chanyeol calmed himself down. “So you think with the cap that you’re wearing right now makes you look good?” he raised his eyebrows as he said that.

Chanyeol bit his lower lips, trying to hold himself from laughing not long after seeing Kyungsoo stops from his laughs and started to make his no-you-did-not-just-said-that-to-me face. Both of them just stared at each other with an unsatisfied look as they’re just about to start a war for a few minutes before both of them started to burst out laughing and giggles at something that is really not funny.

 

But it is to them.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They walked around the amusement park to take a look at the view surrounding them. The place was crowded with people walking and sometimes running excitedly to play the games provided there. It was a busy mess of hastily put-together rides, annoying musics and delicious smells.

This was the first time for them coming there together to spend time on their weekend. Well, at least Baekhyun had once came there with Chanyeol but not Jongin.

“Hey Baek, I’m going to the toilet first.”

“Oh okay. I’ll wait for you there.” Baekhyun pointed his index finger at a small long bench which looks like a small boat, under a shady tree in front of the ice-cream stall.

Jongin nodded and walked away.

Baekhyun is sitting there, eyes roaming the view at the amusement park. Sometimes he glanced at his watch, looking at the time. It’s still early.

His eyes stopped at a figure that he used to know and he draw a big smile showing on his face. He got up from his seat, raising up his right hand, waving at Chanyeol to notice him. Chanyeol was already running towards Baekhyun and his steps were getting faster, rushing to envelop Baekhyun in a warm quick hug. He lifted Baekhyun up and turned around multiple times with Baekhyun holding his shoulders to stable himself when it causing him to nearly fall down.

Both of them let out a small chuckled before Chanyeol stopped and get Baekhyun back on his feet.

“Chanyeol, you’re embarrassing me. People are looking.” he pushed Chanyeol’s shoulders lightly, trying to get off from his hug.

Chanyeol’s arms wrapped around Baekhyun’s waist tightened, not letting Baekhyun go. Whispering in his right ear, “I miss you.” before he loosened his arms.

Baekhyun closes his eyes as he feels Chanyeol’s cheek meet his. He backed his head away slowly, trying to meet Chanyeol’s eyes, hands cupping both of Chanyeol’s cheek  and he caressed them for a brief moment, whisphering back I miss you too before he let go of his hands.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes at the view of what he just saw. He coughs a bit trying to grab some attention from them.  Chanyeol turned around trying to find Kyungsoo, grinning as he found the latter and he let go of Baekhyun.

“Kyungsoo, let me introduce you, Baekhyun. Baek, this is Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun took out their hand for a handshake. “It is nice to meet you, Baekhyun. I’ve heard a lot about you from Chanyeol.” Baekhyun blushed hearing that.

“I hope it were only the good things.” Baekhyun chuckled.

“Don’t worry, he did.” Kyungsoo wiggles his eyebrows at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol, who was still grinning, putting an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders. “So, where is your friend that you mentioned about before?”

“He went to the toilet just now. He should be here in any minutes. Let’s just wait for him before we go around somewhere. Is that okay?”

Chanyeol turned his head to find Kyungsoo, waiting for his answer.

“Yeah, that’s fine to me.” he replied.

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo took a seat beside Baekhyun at the bench before. The three of them were chattering about themselves and sometimes Kyungsoo would asked about how is Chanyeol to him and stuffs.

Kyungsoo needs to bend down his body a bit to reach Baekhyun because Chanyeol’s giant body sitting in the middle of them is really no help at all. As he was trying to catch up with Baekhyun’s words, his eyes stopped at something. He spotted someone. And that someone is walking towards them.

Wait.

What.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He straightened his seat, not believing on what he just saw. He could hear Baekhyun was still mumbling about something but he just couldn’t concentrate.

He took a really quick glanced at that someone again and still wondering if he really was coming towards them.

 

What is he doing here?

Maybe he came here for a date too. But with who?

Wait, that’s not really how the question should be.

The question is, why is he walking towards me? I mean. Us.

 

And then there he is, getting closer to where they were sitting at that time.

“Hey, sorry I’m late.” Jongin said, eyes looking at Baekhyun, Chanyeol and lastly Kyungsoo.

Jongin’s eyes still didn’t budge from where Kyungsoo at. Chanyeol sensed that and stops him from what he was doing, “Oh, it’s okay. We didn’t mind at all.” he paused for a while, “So you’re the friend that Baek had mentioned before?” he raised his eyebrows, turning his head looking at Baekhyun, waiting for an answer.

Baekhyun replied with a nod, giving him a small smile.

Jongin stepped closer to Kyungsoo and took a seat beside him. Their shoulders’ bumped and that bothered him. He couldn’t even breath properly with having Jongin sitting beside him. He frozed at his own seat, not looking at anywhere but his hands resting neatly on his laps.

Chanyeol could tell that Kyungsoo was in shocked because he was awfully quiet. He felt a little bit guilty for convincing him earlier that it was gonna be okay. But it turned out different from his thought.

He nudged Kyungsoo using his elbow, mouthing words are you okay with an apologetic look showing on his face to him. Kyungsoo blinks at him, still wearing a blank look on his face. After a few moments, he nodded.

“I bet you guys have already know each other. That’s why I asked Kai to join us along today. I thought that it’ll be easier for Kyungsoo to get along with Kai.” Baekhyun spoke to cut off the awkward silence.

Yeah, right. Kyungsoo answered sarcastically to himself without anyone knowing.

“Yeah Baekhyun, we already know each other. Really well.” Jongin answered with a simple shrug.

Kyungsoo’s eyes went all round when he heard about what Jongin had just said.

Really well?

Noticed the tense is going up, Chanyeol tried to break it down. He stood up from his seat, clasping both of his hands together looking down at the three of them.

“Okay since all of us are already here, let’s start picking up the rides! Baekkie, what do you want to do first?” he looked at Baekhyun who suddenly stood up and walked over to him and linked their hands.

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin rolled their eyes at the couple.

“Uhm... I think let’s start with the roller coaster!” Baekhyun raised his brows, face all excited.

Chanyeol frowned, cupping Baekhyun’s face in his hands, “Baek, what are you talking about? I thought you’re afraid of heights?”

“But Chanyeol, I want to give it a try.” he gave him a pleading look. “Please.”

Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s, “Okay.”

Baekhyun started to give him a wide grin.

“But this is the first and the last. Promise?” he took out his pinky finger and Baekhyun took it in his.

“Promise.”

 

Annoyed with the couple in front of them once again, both Kyungsoo and Jongin stood up from their seat.

“That’s it. I’m not going to wait for you guys anymore. To the roller coaster we go.” Jongin paused for a while, turning his head at Kyungsoo. “Let’s go Kyungsoo.” he started to walk away from them before realised that Kyungsoo is not following.

He turned back and walked over to Kyungsoo, “What are you doing? I said let’s go.” he grabbed his hand and dragged him away.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were left behind putting a blank look on their face. They looked at each other and shrugged before they followed after the two.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyungsoo looked down at his hand in Jongin’s. The view seems blurry to him. He looked up and saw the back view of Jongin walking but it didn’t help. He couldn’t even tear his gaze away from him.

He could barely processing what just happened. He. Jongin. Holding hands.

What.

He shook his head before he came back to his senses and stopped himself from walking.

Jongin was surprised at the sudden inertia. He looked back and asked, “What’s wrong?”

Kyungsoo creased his brows together, “You asked me what’s wrong?” he paused for a brief moment, pointed his index finger on Jongin’s hand. “Well, this is wrong. What are you doing?”

“What is wrong with this?” he lifted up their hands to Kyungsoo’s eyes level. “I’m just dragging you away from those lovey dovey couple can’t you tell? I know you’re annoyed too, admit.”

“I was. Thanks but no thanks, I can walk on my own.” he struggled himself trying to pull his arm away.

“Fine.” Jongin snorted before he let go of Kyungsoo’s. “It’s not like I really want to hold your hand though.”

 

They made their way over to the roller coaster. The line was long but they enjoyed the time chatting together. Well, it was fun to Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo but not Jongin. He was obviously getting ignored by Kyungsoo all the time they chatted. Jongin was pissed off but he couldn’t do anything since he came there just for the sake of his roomate asking him for help.

The carts were made for two people, so both Chanyeol and Baekhyun made their way to their cart. Jongin hesitates at first before he grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist again and get into their cart. Kyungsoo was a little bit surprised at the sudden force yet he complied.

Kyungsoo and Jongin’s body stiffened as they took their seat. Their shoulders’ touched and Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do. He tightened his grip on the safety bar, as if the safety bar would lessened the nervousness in his body.

The carts started to move and Kyungsoo could see Jongin started to freak out. Jongin squealed in his seat and suddenly wrapped his arm around his. Kyungsoo never thought he could see this side of Jongin. It was cute though, he thought.

He burst out laughing when the carts started to fasten it pace that resulted Jongin to cry out his fear of riding a roller coaster.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Are you sure you’re okay? You don’t look like one.” Kyungsoo said as he took out a small piece of tissue paper and handed them to Jongin. “You’re hardly sweating right now.” he chuckled.

Jongin shoots him a glare before he snatched the tissue paper. “I said I am. Stop laughing.”

Kyungsoo cupped his own mouth with both of his hands as if he tried to hide his laughs.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had nowhere to be found soon after they got off the ride. Kyungsoo was kind of panicked at first thinking that maybe both of them had lost or what but thankfully Chanyeol had the thought of texting Kyungsoo and informed him that Baekhyun just vomitted and both of them were at the toilet just now.

“Let’s wait for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to come after us.” Kyungsoo said as he made his way to a picnic table near a snack vendor.

Jongin’s eyes followed after Kyungsoo but his steps were getting closer to one of the many snack vendors near them. He bought some snacks for them to eat and made his way over to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo mouthed thanks to him as he handed the snacks he just bought to Kyungsoo.

A small silence passed but still, none of them trying to make an effort to start on any conversation. It was an awkward silence which Kyungsoo hated so much. Kyungsoo likes being alone and silence has been his best friend since ever but with Jongin, he doesn’t like it. It felt weird.

He still couldn’t forget how Jongin smirked at him last few days as he was left there dumbfounded sitting alone on the floor at the hallway. Jongin didn’t help him getting up nor even say sorry to him so he was kind of pissed. And he is still.

 

“Kyungsoo.”

“What.” he answered without looking at Jongin.

“Kyungsoo.”

“I said wha—”

He turned his head to Jongin only to find a very small cartoon keychain shoved straight to his face. It was pororo. And the pororo is wearing a cute tiny shirt with a “sorry” word knitted on it.

“What is this?” he gave him a confusing look.

“Take it. That is for you.”

Kyungsoo’s brows creased even more as Jongin took his hand and put the keychain in it. Their eyes met and both of them blinked before they looked away.

He gathered all of his energy and tried to look back at him. “But why?”

“Can’t you read? It says S.O.R.R.Y.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “I know. But what for?”

“You know— that day.”

“What day?”

“Tuesday.”

“Jongin, it’s not funny.” Kyungsoo gave him his oh-i-am-not-amused look.

“That day when I left you behind at the hallway. You remember?”

“Oh.”

“Oh?” Jongin felt kind of weird at Kyungsoo’s sudden replied.

“I thought you’ve already forgot.”

“Forgot? No I didn’t. Why would I?” he frowned.

“Because I thought a person like you would care less about other people’s feelings.”

“No I’m not that kind of person.”

“So you’re going to say that you care about me?” Kyungsoo’s face started to brighten up, showing his all round eyes and a heart shaped smile.

It was cute. Jongin thought.

Kyungsoo’s brows were started to crease back as he heard the latter said, “Nope.”

“So what’s with this?” he shoved the keychain back to Jongin’s face.

“That’s a keychain.”

“…and?”

“A sorry.”

“…because?”

“Because I felt so. Now stop forcing me answering all your questions.” he sighs before letting his head fall on the table, putting his arms over it.

Kyungsoo nudged Jongin’s arm after a few seconds passed, waiting for his reply.

“Hey.”

Jongin still didn’t move.

“Hey Jongin. Look here.” he softly poked Jongin’s head using the pororo keychain.

Jongin lifted his head and rested his chin on the back of his hand. The pororo had already stood up straight infront of Jongin meeting his eye level. Kyungsoo copied Jongin’s position and he grinned before he spoke, “Your apology is accepted.” he gave him a wider grin, proudly showing his heart shaped smile.

“Really?” he lifted his head up and straightened his seat. Kyungsoo could see the crinkling of the boy’s eyes as he smiled winsomely.

“Really.” Kyungsoo simply nodded.

“So we’re friends now?”

“If—if you say so.” he stuttered at his own words.

Jongin stood up from his seat and move over to Kyungsoo. He took out his hand for a handshake and Kyungsoo hesitantly accepted it.

With a split second, Jongin suddenly pulled him into a hug. Kyungsoo squealed at the sudden act trying to process what just happened. A soon after he found himself struggling from his hold but Jongin doesn’t let him go.

“Don’t move. Think of this as just a friendly hug.” Jongin assured.

Jongin’s arms wrapped around him tightened as he stopped himself from moving and wrapped his own arms around Jongin’s.

But deep in Jongin's mind he knows that he really didn't want to let go.

 

Friendly.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N : chapter again SORRY orz. Am too tired right now. Guys, do leave comment about what you guys think of this chapter. I would really appreciate that. Thankyou~~ /throws confetti/