Let's Pretend

Here I Am

 

“Because Kai and I are dating.” having his head down low, not wanting to see any reaction from what he just said.

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun were shock at the sudden confession. Kyungsoo looked up and could see there were three faces looking at him with a blank stare. But most likely all of them had their eyes widened. Especially Kai. His face looks like someone just choked him to death.

 

“Kyungsoo, what are you talking about?” stomping his steps hard towards Kyungsoo, Chanyeol asked. “You don’t need to say such thing for the sake of my relationship with Baekhyun. We can solve our problems by ourselves.” he said while shaking Kyungsoo on both of his shoulders. “This is ridiculous.”

“Chanyeol, I didn’t say it for the sake of your relationship with Baekhyun. I’m serious about what I said just now.” he paused, turning his head slowly looking at Kai. “Am I right… Kai?”

Kyungsoo could sense that Kai looks like someone who is not in the right state. His gaze was completely off looking at somewhere he doesn’t even aware. He only snapped back to real life when Kyungsoo nudged him slightly on the arm, blinking his eyes several times, begging for help.

 

“Uh… oh.. yeah.” he nodded.

Chanyeol’s brows almost knitted together as he frowned. Shifting his eyes on Kyungsoo, and then back to Kai, and back to Kyungsoo. “Since when?”

Eyes wandering around, thinking of what should he answer .“Sin—since t—today…?” he stuttered, making his voice cracked a little.

“Today, when?” Chanyeol still didn’t looks satisfied with the answer.

“Chanyeol, please. Let them be. What are you trying to do though, be a bodyguard of Kyungsoo for the rest of your life? Then what makes me?” Baekhyun walked towards Chanyeol, reaching for his hand to meet his, lightly pulling him off of Kyungsoo. “Who am I to you?” he looks at Chanyeol, studying his face completely before his gaze full with plead met Chanyeol’s.

Chanyeol felt guilty. Baekhyun was right.

He lifted a hand, touched Baekhyun’s chin with his thumb and index finger, lifting his face up higher. “I’m sorry.” lips touched. “You’re my Baekkie.” lips touched again. “Forever.” he said in between kisses.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyungsoo made an excuse that he needs to go to somewhere for something when Chanyeol decides to go back to their dormitory. And without his own noticed, he dragged Jongin along with him.

Kyungsoo and Kai were walking alone slowly side by side, hands almost brushed each other’s. He shoved his hands into his pockets. Kyungsoo could feel that his palms were starting to get clammy even though the weather is cold and only he knows the reason behind that.

It’s because of him.

Each of their steps seems somehow heavy. Every seconds passed by like hours. The walks to their dormitory from where they were left behind by Chanyeol and Baekhyun seems so close yet they felt it was still so far away.

 

“Uh.. Kai—” he started to break the awkward silence.

“Jongin.” he cut Kyungsoo’s words off before turning his head to Kyungsoo. “It’s Jongin.”

“Urm, okay. Jongin, I’m very sorry for what had happened today.” walking with his head low, eyes glued on the street.

 

He was expecting for Jongin to mock him or maybe hearing Jongin to curse and mad at him for intentionally trying to get hooks up with him or something but he heard a slight of chuckles instead.

 

Not believing of what he just heard, he looks up and saw Jongin smiling.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked, curious.

“Now look who is the one asking for apology.” chuckled again.

“What do you mean?”

“Remember, pororo?”

Kyungsoo could feel something small and hard in his pocket. He took it out from the pocket and found a cute little pororo keychain that Jongin gave him earlier. It was Jongin’s kind of way giving the keychain, asking for apology from him.

It somehow brings smile to both of them when they looked at the keychain.

 

“So…” Jongin coughs. “What should we do now?”

“Do what?” raising his brows, he turned his head searching for the latter.

“You know… about that. You said to them that we’re dating earlier.”

“Oh.” he looked down back at the keychain, lightly caressing it with his thumb. “I… don’t even know why did I said that. I don’t want their relationship ruined because of me. I just want to help. You know that I just met Baekhyun for the first time today and I don’t want him to give a bad impression about me for our first time meeting.” he said it all in one breath, almost out of oxygen.

“Whow, take it slow my dear. I don’t want to take any responsibility if someone died today.” Jongin raised his hands up in the air, asking Kyungsoo to chill the down.

“Okay, urgh. That’s why I said sorry. I didn’t mean to, about— ” he paused for a brief moment, “—about the dating and stuffs. Sorry.” looking at Jongin, he waits for his reply.

“It’s okay, Kyungsoo. If I were you at that time, I might do the same.” as if in thoughts, he paused before he spoke. “So, how are we going to fix this thing?”

“Go out with me, Jongin?” Kyungsoo said without hesitates.

“O—out with you?” Jongin stuttered, disbelief with Kyungsoo’s words. “Are you serious?”

“Y—yes.” drawing an awkward smile on his face, he continued. “It’s okay if you don’t want to. I won’t force.”

“It’s not that I don’t want to, Kyungsoo. But I just can’t.”

Kyungsoo’s smile dropped. He was kind of taken aback by Jongin’s answer. Somehow he thinks that he sounds more like a desperate guy when he realize that he was the one who asked Jongin out first.

But he thinks he didnt hear it wrong.

Jongin did wants to date with him. But he said he cant.

But why?

 

The conversations were left silence for a few moments, Jongin still couldn’t make his decision. Jongin admits that he has started to like Kyungsoo since the first day he met him in Kyungsoo’s dorm. The first time he landed his eyes on Kyungsoo, he felt weird. But that doesn’t means he likes Kyungsoo in I like you so now you’re mine kind of way. No. The likes that he was talking about was he likes Kyungsoo as how much as he likes his best friend Sehun kind of way. He thinks so.

Or maybe he was trying to neglect his own feelings towards the latter.

Because he already have Soo Jung.

 

“Oh, it’s okay I said. Don’t take in in mind. Take it as if I was joking with you earlier.” Kyungsoo said, slightly laughing while waving one of his hand in the air. He doesn’t even know whether it really was funny or he was laughing at his own self pathetically.

“You don’t want to ask why?”

“You must have your own reasons.” Kyungsoo smiles.

Interesting. Jongin thinks.

“Then what about Chanyeol and Baekhyun? They might ask about us.” Jongin asked, curious about what Kyungsoo is planning to do.

“I’ll just make something up and then POOF! Everything will be fine.” he assures Jongin with his never ending smiles.

 

It took only a few minutes more for them to reach to the dormitory. Kyungsoo hasn’t aware that they’ve been chatting together with Jongin all the way long their journey.

The silence once again has been hitting them but it was not as awkward as before. They took their steps slowly walking up the stairs, two pairs of eyes kept on looking down on the floor. As soon as they reached Kyungsoo’s floor, they stopped.

“I’ll get going now. You go first.” Kyungsoo said, turning his head looking at Jongin.

Lightly placing a hand on Kyungsoo’s waist, he suddenly shoved Kyungsoo forward making him squealed a bit at the touch.

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo startled a bit.

“Let me walk you to your room.”

 

Only a few steps more needed for them to arrive at the room. The warmness of Jongin’s hands could be felt by Kyungsoo on his back. He wants to savour the feel of Jongin on him at that time. He closes his eyes to savour Jongin but then he ended up stumble on something causing him to nearly fall down. Thanks to Jongin, his grip tightened around his waist as he pulled Kyungsoo closer to him.

 

“Are you okay?” Jongin asked, face full with worry.

Kyungsoo only replied with a nod, making his face turned red crimson.

“What were you thinking?”

“Ahh? Uhh… nothing.” Kyungsoo stuttered.

Jongin loosened the grip, letting go of Kyungsoo from his hold.

Wandering his eyes around, Jongin spoke. “But you know, I was thinking of something.”

“You were? What is it?”

“I was thinking about the idea earlier.”

Raising his brows, couldn’t understand about what Jongin was talking about. “What idea?”

“About the dating and stuffs.”

His doe eyes went wide for a moment. “What?”

“Go out with me, Kyungsoo?” Jongin said, tilting his head a lil bit to the right, eyes softly looking straight at Kyungsoo’s.

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe about what he just heard. His eyes widening even more, showing his owl-eyed expression. He pinched his cheeks hard, to make sure he’s not daydreaming. It’s hurt. He’s not dreaming. He’s not even asleep. This is real.

“B—But you said earlier—”

“Pretend.” Jongin cut his words off.

“What?”

“Let’s just pretend, Kyungsoo.”

 

Pretend? I don’t think I can….

 

When Jongin saw Kyungsoo’s head falls down and not saying anything, he continued. “Kyungsoo, it’s not even hard right? We just need to pretend in front of Chanyeol and Baekhyun that we are dating. But in fact, we are not. You said you want help them, so I think this is a great idea. What do you think?”

“Jongin…” he was stucked at his own words. He couldn’t even think at that time.

 

He doesn’t think he can. How can he pretend to date Jongin when he was serious that he really wants to date Jongin. How can he pretend in front of his roommate that he is dating with Jongin when Chanyeol already know that he likes Jongin. How can he pretend to give his heart to Jongin when Jongin already stole his.

 

For a few moments Kyungsoo has been silent.

Feeling weird of why Kyungsoo didn’t answer him, Jongin nudge the latter on the shoulder.“Kyungsoo, tell me what do you think?”

 

He came back to his senses when he felt a slightly touch on his shoulder.

It was Jongin.

He coughs a little, trying hard to speak but his voice just wouldn't come out.

He couldn’t think anymore.

He replied Jongin with a nod.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N : Poop update. Sorry guys orz.