Chapter 3

Dream Chaser

Herrooo~ I wasn’t sure about what to do for this chapter, anyways I made this chapter in Kris’ POV, so you guys can see how he reacted when stuff happened in the last chapter. Does that make sense? I hope you enjoy this chapter! ^^

 

Kris POV

“Hurry up, Wu Fan,” mom yelled from the front door.

 

“Okay, okay! I’m coming! And ma, it’s Kris! Geez,” I replied.

 

“Well, too bad! I call you, Wu Fan~,” my mom said, while I walked outside.

 

I put my shoes on, and got in the car.

 

“Gosh, what took you so long. You seem to care about your looks and stuff more than anything. I’m definitely gonna feel bad for your future wife. On your birthday, she is probably gonna have to waste her money on face products and lotion just for you,” mom complained while driving to the market.

 

“MA! Just concentrate on the road before we get in an car accident! Plus why are you talking about my marriage life, when i’m not even married yet,” I replied, complaining.

 

“Okay, okay. Just saying,” mom muttered under her breath.

 

~

At the market

 

My mom and I got out of the car.

 

“Your so lucky, we live in a not-so-famous/popular area,” mom told me.

 

“Yeah. If anyone saw me, they would probably scream and harass me,” I replied, looking for any fangirls stalking me.

 

“Come on, let’s go look at cool stuff in the market,” mom said lightly pushing me.

 

“Okay, okay. I can walk myself,” I said complaining a bit.

 

“Hey, Wu Fan,” mom called me quietly.

 

“What,” I asked.

 

“Why is there a girl sitting on the bench, all alone, stareing at you,” mom asked, whispering.

 

“...”

 

“Over there, look,” mom said, pointing at the girl.

I slowly turned around, feeling a bit scared.

 

Oh god. What if she’s a crazy fan?

 

I looked at her, but she wasn’t stareing at me. She was looking at something else.

 

“Ma, what are you talking about? She’s not looking at me,” I said.

 

“But she-”

 

“But nothing, she wasn’t even looking in this direction”

 

“Well, she was. You just took too long to turn around”

 

About 5 minutes later, my mom was looking at little plushies, blabbing about how they were so cute. I felt so bored standing there, doing nothing.

Suddenly, I saw a creepy person walking towards something in my direction. I looked around, curious what he was going to do next. The creepy person started running towards me, I was so scared I didn’t know what to do, and just stayed still. My mind said to move and run away, but my body refused to do anything. I saw something shiny in the person’s hand and started getting REALLY scared.

 

Oh my god. Am I going to die?

 

I suddenly saw a girl-like figure jump in front of me, and got stabbed in the stomach. Blood started to spread on her shirt, my eyes widened.

 

“Aishh,” I heard the person, with the dangerous dagger, say.

 

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

 

The person trying to kill me, took the dagger out of the girl’s stomach, and swung it towards my neck area. I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to come but felt nothing. I slowly opened my eyes, and was so shocked.

 

“People like you make me really sick, and don’t you dare try to hurt Kris,” the girl said in a murderous voice.

 

She knows me?!

 

She quickly threw the dagger to the down.

 

Dang! She’s strong!

 

She kicked the person in the stomach and punched them in the gut, making them fall unconscious.

 

“Wu Fan. What do you think abo-,” my mom stopped.

 

The girl became unconscious because of blood loss and almost collapse to the ground, but I quickly caught her in my arms.

 

“OH MY GOD,” I panicked.

 

People started to crowd around us.

 

“SOMEONE, CALL AN AMBULANCE,” I yelled.

 

“ON IT,” mom replies loudly.   

 

After mom replied, the person (A/N the person that tried to kill Kris), became conscious and tried to get up.

 

“Where do you think you’re going,” I asked, with a poker face.

 

But before he could get up and flee, I walked to him and kicked him right in the gut then punched him really hard on the side of his head, making him unconscious once again.

 

The police came not-so-short afterwards, and carry the knocked out guy into the police car. Meanwhile, the ambulance men ran out of their car and got the badly injured girl into the vehicle.

 

“We need to hurry, she’s losing too much blood! Hurry up,” a man said to me.

 

“Please get in the vehicle, sir,” the man in white said to me.

 

I looked at mom, she nodded with a worried face. I got in the ambulance and saw 2 other people trying to stop the blood from flowing out.

 

“Looks like her blood type is O. Excuse me sir, may I ask what blood type you are,” one man asked me.

 

“O,” I quickly replied.

 

“Okay, good. When we get in the hospital, please follow me to transfer your blood to this girl,” the other man said.

 

“How did she get such a big cut in her stomach,” I heard 1 of the 2 men say.

 

“A creepy person with a dagger tried to stab me, but she jumped in the way, getting that injury instead of me,” I explained.

 

My phone suddenly rang. *Roll like a buff-*

 

“Yoboseyo,” I answered.

 

“Kris! I’m following the ambulance to the hospital. How is she,” my mom said, panicking.

 

“She’s already lost a lot of blood. Since I have the same blood type as her, i’m gonna get my blood transferred to her,” I informed.

 

“Ok. I’ll see you at the hospital. Bye,” mom said.

 

“Okay, bye,” I said, hanging the phone up.

 

“We’re here,” the man in white said.

 

“Remember, follow me,” the other man said.

 

“Gotcha,” I replied.


 

-After blood transferring-


 

“Kris,” I heard a voice yelling.

 

Mom was sprinting over to me.

 

“Mom,” I said, sounding a bit surprised.

 

“How is she? Did you finish the blood transferring? What did the doctor say,” mom showered me with questions.

 

“I don’t know, yes, and he didn’t finish the surgery yet,” I answered.

 

“How did she even get injured,” mom asked, while trying to catch her breath from sprinting.

 

After I explained the whole entire scene to mom, she nodded.

 

“So that’s what happened when I was gone,” mom said, still slowly nodding her head.

 

I looked at the ER sign on top of the doors to the emergency room, and saw the light turn off.

 

“Mom, look,” I said, pointing at the sign.

 

Mom gasped quietly.

 

“Doctor,” I yelled, fast-walking to him along with mom.

 

“How is she, doctor? Is it that bad,” mom quickly asked.

 

The doctor eye-smiled at us and took off his mask.

 

“She could have been in a worse situation but, thanks to your fast acting and this young man’s wise choice of blood transferring, she is okay.

She had a bout’ 1 & ½ inch cut in her stomach, and a 1 inch cut on her right hand. She also could have possibly died of blood loss if you waited any longer to call. (A/N I put Buddha because i’m buddhist, not christian lol) But Buddha bless us, she is still living and well-alive. But-,” the doctor stopped, to catch his breath.

 

“But, she is still unconscious. Plus, thank goodness, the cut in her upper-stomach didn’t touch or hurt any internal organs,” the doctor continued.

 

“Thank you,” mom thanked.

 

“Can we see her right now,” I asked.

 

“Sure, right in there,” the doctor smiled.

 

We walked in to the medicine-smelling room, and looked for the girl. I saw her on the hospital bed still unconscious.

 

“There she is,” I said to mom, while pointing at the girl.

 

“Oh my god,” mom said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear.

(A/N I dunno what should make happen next, sooo~ i’m just gonna skip a little)

-2 hours Later-

“Ma,” I called.

 

“What,” mom asked.

 

“Why are we still here? It’s already night,” I complained.

 

“I’m waiting her to wake up, obviously,” mom replied.

 

“What if she doesn’t wake up today? Come on, let’s go,” I said.

 

“Is that how you treat your LIFESAVER?! I thought I raised you better,” mom scolded me.

 

Then again, she did save me from getting hu-

 

“Wu Fan,” mom called, interrupting my thoughts.

 

“Yes?” I asked.

 

“I’ll be right back, I’m going to the restroom. Watch her, okay?” mom said.

 

“Okay,” I mumbled.

 

Mom made her way to the restroom, while I just stayed seated in a chair next to the hospital bed. I unconsciously moved my eyes to the girl.

 

I wonder why she protected me.

 

I stared at her face, while tracing her facial features with my eyes.

 

She’s looks cu-. What am I thinking?! Kris, she’s just a stranger. She could be 13 for all you know; you don’t wanna be a pedo.

 

I started getting thirsty. I stood up and walked out of the room. I saw a vending machine, and decided to get a coke. I inserted money and clicked the button, but nothing came out.

(A/N Just an idea of what the vending machine looked like)

Don’t tell me that this machine just ate my money. Aish, such a waste of money.

 

I angrily kicked the machine, and heard weird machine noises. I saw that my coke out, and reached to grab it with my hand. But when I grabbed the soda bottle, another one came out.

 

“That’s a good vending machine,” I said to myself, while smirking.

 

I guess i’ll just save the other one for ma.

 

I was about to walk in, when I heard . I widened my eyes.

 

Did she wake up?!

 

I slowly opened the hospital door, and saw a girl laying in the bed while her eyes explored the room.

 

“You’re awake,” I quietly said, sounding amazed like I just saw a flying pig in the sky.

 

The woken girl looked at me. I suddenly heard footsteps coming from the hallway.

 

Thinking it was mom I said slightly yelling,”M-Ma!! She’s awake!”

 

I saw the girl flinch a little at my volume.

 

Mom replied, while yelling,”SHE IS?!”

 

This time, the girl flinched and made a really weird face, which was hilarious. I found myself trying not to laugh because her face was PRICELESS!

 

OMG, her face is so funny!

 

I couldn’t hold it, and started to laugh out loud.

 

“PUAHAHAHA,” I laughed like a maniac, wiping my imaginary tears in the corner of my eye.

 

The door suddenly slammed open, making me startled, and stop laughing.

 

“What’s so funny?” mom asked me.

 

“Nothing,”I smiled.

 

Mom quickly turned her head and fast-walking towards the girl.

 

“Are you okay, dear?” mom asked.

 

“Yes, but what happened?” the girl said quietly, looking at me, them mom.

 

Mom crouched down eye-level to the girl and said,”You protected my son.”

 

I could’ve handled it myself..

 

“What happened to the mysterious guy, I knocked out?” I heard the girl asked.

 

“He’s gonna rot in prison,” I said.

 

Mom glared at me and mouthed,”Language!”

 

“Good, he deserves it,” I heard the girl mumble.

 

“But.. who-,” Mom said carrying the ‘who’.

(A/N Does that make any sense?)

“Ah, neh. Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Mi Sun-imnida. I am currently 16 years old. Nice to meet you,” she answered, while making a small smile.

 

Mi Sun? That’s a nice name, I guess it’s my turn to introduce myself

 

“I’m Kris and I am 20,”I said.

 

I suddenly got a mini flashback.

 

Flashback:

 

“People like you make me really sick, and don’t you dare try to hurt Kris”

 

End.

 

I slightly widened my eyes.

 

Oh yeah! She already knows me. But how? I guess i’ll ask her later or something.

 

I got out of my trance, and heard mom introducing herself.

 

“Do you have parents or guardians?” mom asked.

 

I saw her eyes getting shinier.

 

Are those tears?

 

“Umm.. Thing is-.” I cut her off,”Did you run away from home?”

 

Did she run away from home because of me? Is she one of those crazy sasaeng fans?!

 

“My dad kinda-,”Mi Sun stopped.

 

“kicked me out of the house,” she continued quietly.

 

“Wait, what?” I asked, a bit confused.

 

Who does that?! Dang, now I feel bad. Stupid Kris! Why’d you have to ask that?!

 

“So.. your dad kicked you out of the house?? I mean, YOU’RE ONLY 16! WHAT TYPE OF-,” I gave mom a look, making her stop.

 

“Sorry. But, where was your mother?” mom asked, becoming quiet.

 

I saw her eyes turning teary again.

 

I wonder what-

 

She pointed to the sky outside the window, making me stop my train of thoughts.

 

“She’s.. up there,” Mi Sun said.

 

I unconsciously dropped my jaw, while mom gasped.

 

But.. how?

 

“I am so so sorry! Are you okay?” mom quickly apologized.

 

“It’s okay. I’m fine. It was her fate, she was meant to.. pass away,” Mi Sun answered.

 

Should I ask? It’s not bad being curious, right?

 

“If you don’t mind, can I ask how she died?” I questioned.

 

I saw her look down; her eyes looking at her lap.

 

Damn it! Must’ve been a sensitive question.

 

“You don’t have to tell me, if you don’t want to,” I said, looking away.

 

Mom quietly walked over to my side;gave me the look;and said, whisper-yelling,”Yah.”

(A/N ^ I hope you guys know what I mean.)

I saw Mi Sun look up, smiling.

 

“She.. got hit on the head with a vase… by.. my dad,” Mi Sun answered my question, hesitating.

 

My eyes widened, along with mom’s.

 

Damn it!! Stupid me! Some questions aren’t meant to be asked!!

 

I saw a tear fall from Mi Sun’s eye, but she quickly wiped it with the back of her hand.

 

“Yah! Why’d you have to ask?! Hurry up, and apologize,” mom commanded me.

 

Don’t need to tell me that, twice.

 

“I’m really sorry. It’s my fault for asking,” I quickly apologized.

 

“It’s okay. You would’ve found out everything eventually,”Mi Sun replied, smiling widely.

 

The doctor suddenly walked in and announced some stuff. I didn’t hear him because my ears went mute, and my eyes stayed on Mi Sun.

 

When I stopped my mini-drama-looking stare, all I heard before the doctor left was,”Yes, ma’am.”

 

“Thank you,” I heard Mi Sun say.

 

“No problem, dear,” mom said, smiling.

 

“Where are you going to stay now?” I ask, sounding a bit worried.

 

“Hmm.. Maybe back at the convenience store and the bench,” Mi Sun answered.

 

“No, I won’t allow that. I want you to live with us,” mom said.

 

“What?!” I instinctively said.

 

“No, it’s fine. I can manage on my own,” I heard Mi Sun decline.

 

“Then again, you have no where to go,” I quietly commented.

 

“Mi Sun. If you knew a 16-year-old girl that has a cold and hard past, would you offer her help or leave her there to suffer? Right now, i am in that situation.. and I will not just stay still and do nothing. So, stop being stubborn and come stay with us, okay?” mom reasoned.

 

“Fine,” Mi Sun answered, sounding a bit annoyed.

 

“Yay!” Mom cheered.

 

“But don’t you need to ask Mr.Wu?” Mi Sun asked, being cautious.

 

“It’s fine. If you tell him about your current situation, he’ll definitely let you stay,” Mom answered.

 

“Yeah, my dad is pretty nice. So, no worries,” I added.

 

“Well, it’s getting late. You need to rest, and so do we. I guess Kris and I will come visit once in a while, and we’ll bring you home with us when the time comes,” mom said, making her way to the door.

 

“Wait,” Mi Sun stopped us.

 

“What is it,” Mom asked.

 

“Can I talk to Kris, alone?” Mi Sun asked.

 

“M-Me?” I asked.

 

“Yeah,” Mi Sun said.

 

“Okay.. Kris, I just wait for you outside in the hallway. Don’t take too long,” Mom said, walking outside of the room.

 

“What do you need?” I asked.

 

“Aren’t you Kris Wu from EXO-M,” Mi Sun asked me.

 

“Uhh.. Maybe. Why? A-Are you a sasaeng fan?” I asked, stuttering.

 

Aish, why am I stuttering?

 

“No, i’m not a sasaeng fan,” Mi Sun answered, while laughing.

 

Oh, thank goodness.

 

“Okay, good. But, why do you ask?” I asked.

 

“Well.. Umm... You see.. I want to say, thank you,” Mi Sun said quietly.

 

Thank you? Did I meet her before or something?

 

“Thank you? For What?” I asked.

 

“You see.. I had a really hard time when I got kicked out, and I thought I should follow my mom to, you know, but after I heard your song, ‘Angel’, on a small TV at the convenience store, I felt like it saved me,” Mi Sun explained.

 

Angel? Don’t I have it on my phone?

 

“Oh.. angel. I downloaded on my phone, do you want to listen to it?” I asked.

 

“Umm.. Sure,” Mi Sun answered awkwardly.

 

I took out my iphone 5 from my pocket, and started to play the chinese version of ‘Angel’.

 

“Here,” I said, handing my iphone to Mi Sun.

 

“Gomawo,” Mi Sun replied.

 

As Mi Sun listened to EXO’s song, I decided to watch over her until she fell asleep.

 

“Umma,” I heard Mi Sun mumbled.

 

I was too busy staring at my phone in her hands to notice that she was soundly asleep. I slowly reached for my phone trying to not make any noises that would wake her up.

 

Someone suddenly opened the hospital door, a little bit too loud but not enough to wake someone up.

 

“Hey Kri-,” mom started.

 

“Oh, it’s just you,” I said quietly.

 

“What are you doing,” mom asked.

 

“Shh. Mi Sun fell asleep, I don’t want to wake her up,” I whispered.

 

“Oh, okay,” mom replied, also whispering quietly.

 

I continued my actions; trying to get my phone without waking up Mi Sun. After I successfully got my phone out of her hands, I tip-toed to the hospital door.

 

“Ma,” I called.

 

“Did I wake her up, when I opened the door earlier?” Mom asked.

 

“She did move around a little but no, she didn’t fully awaken,” I answered.

 

“Okay, good. I don’t want to ruin her sleep,” Mom yawned.

 

“We should go home right now. It’s really late, dad’s gonna be worried,” I said.

 

“Okay. Come on, let’s go,” Mom said, getting out her keys.

 

“Are you sure you can drive? You look really tired, and I’m too young to die,” I joked.

 

“Then can you drive? I really am tired,” Mom asked, yawning again.

 

“Sure,” I answered, grabbing the cars keys out of mom’s hands.

 

At Home (Kris’ House):

 

Mom and I opened the front door of the house, and walked in, only to get greeted by my family’s maids and our 1 butler, Mr.Seo.

(A/N Did I mention that Kris had maids and butler earlier? I didn’t, sowwy subbies~ By the way, all the maids are ahjummas that are loyal to Kris and his parents.)

 

“Welcome home, master,” Mr.Seo greeted me.

 

“Mr.Seo, how many times do I have to tell you to call me, Kris?” I asked.

 

“Many times,” Mr.Seo answered.

 

“Then call me, Kris,” I said.

 

“But young master, your father will scold me,” Mr.Seo replied.

 

“Just tell him, I told you to call me Kris,” I commanded.

 

“Yes, m- Kris,” Mr.Seo smiled.

 

I called one of the ahjumma maids,”Ahjumma.”

 

“Yes?” One of them replied.

 

“Can you help umma go upstairs to sleep? She’s really tired, and i’m afraid she will miss a step and fall down the stairs,” I said, looking over to mom, who is super-duper slow walking to the stars.

 

“Yes, right away,” the ahjumma answered, quickly fast-walking to mom.

 

“Mr.Seo?” I called.

 

“Yes?” Mr.Seo asked.

 

“Where’s appa?” I asked.

 

“He came home, tired, from a long and important meeting,” Mr.Seo answered.

 

“Where is he, now?” I wondered out loud.

 

“Your father is currently resting in his room. I strongly advise you to not interrupt his sleep,” Mr.Seo said.

 

”I guess it’s my turn to go to bed,” I said.

 

“Would you like me to guide you to your room?” Mr.Seo asked.

 

“No, it’s okay. You can leave now, night.” I yawned, once again.

 

“Goodnight, Kris,” Mr.Seo said, about to walk away.

 

When I got upstairs and into my room, I didn’t even bother to change and just collapse on my mattress, colliding my face with my thick and fluffy blanket. It took me a second to fall asleep, making everyone in the house sleeping soundly.






So, how is it so far? Please subscribe and comment below! I really want to hear all of your opinions on Dream Chaser. ^^

By the way, is the font too big? Should I make it smaller for you guys? Please answer my question in the comment box, below~

I guess, I’ll see you guys next time~ Bai bai, for now~ :))