The Dilemma

Blooming Feelings

 

 
 

Chapter 11: The Dilemma

 
 

Baekhyun's POV:

 
 
For three days, we've been rehearsing afterschool. 
The only problem is that we had less time everyday because Luhan was taking Sohyeon to drink something at the Bubble Tea Store right afterschool. He didn't even invite me to join them. And Sohyeon never said no to him. She always told me it was Chemistry homework because they're sitting next to each other in class. I didn't really believe so but I had no choice. So from 5 to 8PM, I was alone. Yes, they were staying 3 hours together. So I usually did my homework and when I was finished, I was practising my dance moves or I was simply listening to music. I got bored very easily.
And for three days, we stopped watching movies together, me and Sohyeon. I missed our moments together, because when we were rehearsing it was different. She was telling me how perfect Luhan was or we weren't talking at all. I felt miserable. I never told her to stop talking about him.
But tonight was different from other nights.
 
At home - 10PM
 
"Oh by the way, Luhan will take me to the Mall tomorrow afterschool. He wants to shop with me. He's so kind and cute!" Sohyeon said. 
 
I heard her chuckle. 
It's been almost 2 hours she came back and 2 hours she's been talking about him, again.
 
"Oh and did you know Luhan got a 20 in maths today! It's the highest score and-" I couldn't handle more. I stood up.
 
"WILL YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM?! I don't ing care about what you're doing with him, how PERFECT he is or everything else! OKAY?! So lets ing concentrate on the song, THE EXAM'S TOMORROW!" I yelled.
 
Silence.
She was looking at me with big eyes but didn't say anything.
We looked deep into each other's eyes.
Suddenly, she stood up and...
 
SLAP!
 
I felt my cheek getting red. I rubbed it gentlely but I still didn't break the eye-contact with her.
 
*S-she slapped me?!* I thought, still shocked.
 
"! DO YOUR EXAM ALONE!" she yelled and walked back to her room, slamming the door behind her.
 
And I stood there, speechless.
 
*! I messed up again...* I thought.
 
 

Sohyeon's POV:

 
 
I stayed locked in my room the whole rest of the evening. I didn't want to see him.
 
*Why did he say this?! He's hurting me so much... I thought we finally were friends...* I thought.
 
I didn't think long. I was tired so I burried myself under my cover and fell asleep.
 
The next morning, I woke up early. I made breakfast for myself. Usually, I make it for both of us but I was still mad at what he said to me last night.
When I was finally ready to leave, Baekhyun came downstairs. 
 
"Where are you going?" he asked.
 
I ignored him. I did as I didn't hear. I was done putting my shoes on so I stood up.
 
"I asked you where you were going!" he said, irritated. 
 
I opened the door and finally faced him.
 
"LUHAN!" I yelled and slammed the door.
 
And I left his house to go to Luhan's house.
Mrs. Xi opened the door for me. I stepped in the house. I used to come here every morning.
 
"Annyeong, Mrs. Xi. Am I being too early?" I asked politely.
 
"Oh no dear, don't worry! Luhan's almost done eating, he's in the kitchen! I'll ask him to finish eating quickly." Mrs. Xi said.
 
"Oh no! Let him finish properly, I can wait, don't worry." I replied.
 
"Fine then. Have a great day you two!" she said while smiling and she left.
 
I put my bag on the floor, and took off my coat. These days, more and more snow was going down so it was pretty cold.
I suddenly felt something hugging my feets. I looked down.
 
"Unnie!!!!! You're early today! Let's play!" I heard the small kid say.
 
"Hehe not today Aya, I'm sorry! But tomorrow, we'll have plenty of time, okay?" I told her.
 
Yes keeping Luhan's little sister became my official part-time job. Even if I asked Luhan's parents to not pay me because I loved taking care of Aya, they still insisted to give me the money.
 
"Okayyyyyy! I'm going to get ready! Don't leave without saying goodbye to me, unnie!" she said and ran upstairs.
 
I just smiled. I've been teaching her how to be a big girl, so putting her clothes by herself, cleaning her room and alot other things so that Luhan can concentrate on his studies better.
 
"Oh you're early today! Sorry to make you wait! Wanna eat something?" I turned my head and saw Luhan.
 
"Oh no it's okay, I already ate! Take your time." I said faking a smile.
 
I wanted to leave his house as soon as possible. Not because I didn't like his house, but because I was affraid of seeing Baekhyun behind us. I was scared of facing him. I just hated our fights, even if when we fought, it wasn't for much, just for who will have the ketchup first or other ridiculous things. But this time, it was for real. We really had a fight yesterday.
 
"Are you okay? You look pale. Did something happen?" Luhan asked me worried.
 
*Yes, I fought with Baekhyun, my "bestfriend" and I feel so hurt* 
 
"No, nothing happened. I'm fine, I swear." I lied.
 
Luhan looked at me with an are-you-sure look and I just nodded several times. I felt really bad lying to him too, because he was like a bestfriend to me too.
 
"Okay then let's go. The exam's today, remember?" he took his bag and we headed out of the house.
 
Yeah I know. The exam's today. A d I just don't know how to manage. How am I supposed to sing a love song with the one I fought yesterday?! I still didn't have the answer.
Hopefully, Baekhyun wasn't behind us.
When we arrived at school, we greeted Chanyeol and Fany. 
 
3 hours later, it was finally lunchtime. I didn't talk to Baekhyun. Actually, I didn't even see him. Our exam was after lunch. 
I went to my locker to put down my morning books. 
And when I closed it, there he was.
I looked at him.
 
"W-what d-do you want?!" I asked.
 
"I-I'm sorry for yelling yesterday... But I really meant what I said about Luhan... Please stop talking about him all the time, it's annoying me..." Baekhyun replied.
 
*So... I'm talking too much about Luhan...? Well it's true I'm only talking about him with Baekhyun...* I thought.
 
"Fine. Than if you're finished, I would like to go and eat. Lu... Ehmmm Luhan's waiting for me..." I said hesitating.
 
He sighed.
 
"Okay... Let's meet after lunch for the exam. I'll be waiting for you near the theater." he said.
 
I nodded. I left to eat.
 
I was eating with Luhan. Don't think I'm eating with him everyday. No most of the time, I'm eating with Fany. But it's been a week since I'm eating with him. We're getting closer.
 
"Ehm... Hyeon, can I... Ask you something?" Luhan said shyly.
 
"Sure. Go ahead. Tell me." I replied.
 
"Well... My partner for the exam is sick and I was thinking that maybe... You... Could replace her..." he said.
 
My jaw dropped. Of course I wanted to help him but what about Baekhyun?
 
"Well ehm I'm with Baekhyun and..." I replied hesitantly.
 
"I know I know but... I mean Baekhyun's the best vocal of the whole school. Maybe he can... Do it alone..." he said.
 
*He's right. Well... I'm sure Baekhyun will understand!* I thought.
 
"Well okay... But do I know the song?" I asked.
 
"Yes you do. It's 'Someone Like You' by Adele. So... Is it okay?" he asked.
 
I felt relieved. I knew the song by heart. I loved it so much!
I smiled.
 
"Sure! What time are we singing?!" 
 
"In 15 minutes. We should go now." he said.
 
I nodded. We both headed to the theater.
 
 

Baekhyun's POV:

 
 
When I finished eating, I went directly to the theater. I was a little stressed because of the exam. I knew I was good at sining but I was affraid to face her again. She was always with Luhan. I just hated the moments when they were together.
I decided to wait inside. I pushed the door and sat on one of the red chairs that were in front of the stage. I sat at the back, so that way, I wasn't disturbing the students at the exam. I looked arround and I froze.
Luhan was on stage with... Sohyeon. My heart stopped. My breath was heavy. My eyes were almost filled with water. 
 
*Why... Why is she doing this to me...? We were supposed to sing together...* I thought.
 
And that's when I realized that she prefered Luhan. Luhan was her bestfriend, I wasn't. I was just someone to rely on when Luhan wasn't arround.
When I realized that, I was already leaving the theater. 
All I could hear was a voice calling my name. Sohyeon's voice. But I didn't turn arround. I left, too much hurt to look at her. 
I went to the park near the Academy. I sat on one of the swings. 
And I fell into a deep, deep depression.
 
After few minutes of realization, I felt a hand on my shoulder.
I lightly turned my head to face that person.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Hi guys! Sorry for the late update. I was supposed to uodate this morning but when I went on twitter, I just found out that my Baby Byun had been attacked by Sasaeng Fans... And I just got angry for the rest of the day.... Ah... Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this update, even if, I find this chapter very confusing, don't you?
Did you guys know that tomorrow was a big day?! You know why?! BECAUSE EXO FANS ARE GOING TO HAVE AN OFFICIAL FANCLUB NAME AND AN OFFICIAL COLOR!!!!! OMG I still can't contain my feels! I saw this was a rumor but alot of official EXO fanbases say it's true. So... LET'S BELIEVE!
Next update on... Well I don't know... Maybe on Wednesday if I'm inspired but I can't promise anything.
LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! Please put comments on what you think. It will make the story better!
Thanks and have a great day!
 
XOXO
 
BaekMin-Ah