For Us

Confused

 

It’s been two months since Jungkook entered high school which means it’s two months since he knows Jimin. They’re being close day by day not only in their daily, their dance team also being more solid. And that day was their schedule for dance practice.

Jungkook got an idea, it would be nice if he invited Yoongi along with him. So his dance team and Yoongi could hang out together after the practice done. Another perfect plan!

He went to Yoongi’s room and knocked it, but no answer from the older. Jungkook knocked the door again and shouted Yoongi’s name, but still no answer. Then he reached the door knob and open the door to find an empty room. Jungkook heard a water flew from the bathroom. He could tell the older is showering. So Jungkook sat at Yoongi’s desk waited for the older.

Jungkook taking glance at Yoongi’s table. There’s so many paper threw everywhere. Most of them was Yoongi’s own lyrics with its composition. He was from composing major after all. Jungkook read some of them. His lips curved into a smile as he read the lyrics one by one. He knows his hyung worked really hard when it turns to composing a song.

Yoongi still in the bathroom when Jungkook found an interesting book at the corner of Yoongi’s bookshelf. Jungkook took it out from the shelf. It was Yoongi’s photo book. The photo book was thick, the cover was plain and it’s written “MYG” at the bottom of the cover. Curious Jungkook opened it to the first page and it’s written “Happy Birthday Min Yoongi” there. Jungkook could tell the photo book was given by Yoongi’s friend at his birthday.

Jungkook flipped to the next page and his eyes widen. Very unexpected photo showed at the page. There he saw Yoongi holding a cake with Jimin backhugged him. Both of them look very happy there. He flipped to the next page, expecting the one who backhugged Yoongi was someone similar to Jimin. But he was wrong. The next page was full with photos of Jimin and Yoongi. Most of them was Jimin hugged Yoongi or otherwise, they’re holding hands, and  many selca of them.

“Because you’re the future.” - PJM

Jungkook’s jaw dropped when he flips to the last page. There’s no photo there, only words that made Jungkook clenched his fists. He was mad at them. His favorite hyungs hide everything behind him. The fact they lied to him very disappointing. Nobody told him and he was being dumb for two months.

He let out a shaky laugh as he rubbed one of the photo of Jimin and Yoongi. His eyes started blurry. He didn’t expect it this kind of problem would hit his life.

As the moment Jungkook closed the photo book, Yoongi came out from the bathroom. He saw Jungkook wiped his eyes with his hands.

“J-Jungkook-ah? What happe---“ Yoongi didn’t continue his words when he saw what Jungkook brought. Jungkook stood up from his seat.

“I was about telling you I’m gonna have dance practice at 4.” Jungkook said. His face told that he really mad. He usually very happy if he’ll gonna have dance practice.

“J-jungkook-ah...” Yoongi approached the younger. He knew Jungkook found out everything about him and Jimin.

“I’m sorry for touching your stuffs.” Jungkook said as he placed Yoongi’s photo book on the table. He was about to turn his body and left the room when Yoongi hold his wrist.

“Jungkook-ah, I’m sorry.” Yoongi said. Jungkook slowly turned his body. He look at Yoongi right into his eyes.

“Hyung,” Jungkook said as soft sobs come from him, ”Mind to tell me what happened between you and Jimin hyung?”

Yoongi knew it. Yoongi knew the younger would ask such question. Those photo book obviously tell everyone what kind of relationship they onto.

“Answer me, hyung. What happened between you and Jimin hyung before I met him?”

“He was my boyfriend.” Yoongi said, he hold both Jungkook’s hands and continue, “but we broke up already. Believe me, we broke up before he met you.”

“I trust you, hyung.” Jungkook said as he released Yoongi’s hands from him. “I trust you so I told everything about him to you. I told you about my feeling towards him... but what the hell, I told it to his ex.” Jungkook whispered the last part to himself.

“Jimin and I have a reason why we haven’t telling you yet about this, and-“

“It’s more than enough. I’m being dumb for two months and nobody tell me about it. What a perfect life of Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook clapped his hands to the air as a single tears fall down to his cheek.

“Jungkookie, I’m sorry....” Yoongi said as he tried to approached the younger.

“I gotta go now.”

“Jungkook! Jungkook-ah!”

Jungkook stormed out leaving Yoongi who still beg his forgiveness. Yoongi regret it he didn’t tell him at first. He approaced his table and took his photo book. He hugged the photo book tightly as a tears fall down to his cheek. He didn’t mean to make Jungkook sad. He just hasn’t ready yet to tell the younger about him and Jimin. It hurts him very much if he remember about him and Jimin in the past.

“I’m sorry, Jungkook.”

And Yoongi’s room filled with his own sobs that afternoon.

 

***

Jimin was about do stretching when Jungkook rush to the practice room. Jimin furrowed his eyebrows saw the younger’s act. This was not an usual Jungkook. Usually Jungkook would greet him cheerfully and happily, but not on that day. Jimin eyed him carefully as the younger placed his backpack far from Jimin’s.

“Hey, what happened?”

No answer from Jungkook. He busily fixed his shoelace.

“Jungkook-ah, are you okay?”

Jungkook only nodded. Then he prepared himself to do stretching. He was totally ignored Jimin there. Somehow, this was make Jimin annoyed.

“Yah! What happened? Why do you ignore me?”

Jimin yelled to the younger but Jungkook remain silent. He kept his distance from Jimin.

“Just do stretching, hyung. Hoseok hyung will come anytime soon.” Jungkook said.

“Hoseok hyung didn’t tell you? His mother is coming so he can’t join today’s practice.”

“What?” Jungkook turned his body and asked Jimin in disbelief. He was not in his good mood and he would share his whole dance practice time that day with the one who hide a big lie to him.

Jimin caught something in Jungkook’s eyes. His eyes was swollen. Jimin came closer to the younger and tapped his shoulder.

“Jungkook, what’s wrong?”

“I knew it.”

“What?”

Jungkook looked at Jimin right in the eye. He tried his best to hold his tears.

“I know about your relationship with Yoongi hyung.” Jungkook pointed out, make the older widen his eyes.

Jimin didn’t answer it. He kept silent as he rubbed his sweaty palms.

“Seriously, hyung. I’m being dumb for two months. I thougt you are the only person I can trust after Yoongi hyung. I can’t believe you two a liar.”

“No, I didn’t mean to make you-“

“Liar.”

Jungkook was about leaving Jimin, but the older fast grabbed his wrist.

“I’m sorry. I can tell you about it. Please Jungkook-ah, listen to me.”

“ off you liar!” Jungkook yelled and jerked his hand from Jimin’s. Once he released, he grabbed his backpack. But Jimin fast yanked the younger and slammed his body to the wall. He grabbed his collar and looked at him full of anger.

Jungkook didn’t say a word. He was scared. Never in his mind imagined his cutie Jimin hyung would turn this angry to him. It should be him who mad because he was lying to him. Jungkook didn’t understand the situation. He was too afraid and he wouldn’t resist the older. He knew it’s wrong, his feelings towards Jimin keep him. He couldn’t fight him back. He just.....can’t do it. Jungkook’s eyes couldn’t handle it anymore. Tears fell down to his cheek.

“Why? Why did you do this to me?” Jungkook asked. His voice trembled and he keep his head low. He couldn’t make any eye contact with the older.

“Because of you.” Jimin’s voice calmed. He cupped the younger's face and lift his head to meet his eyes. “Promise me you will stay calm when I tell you about me and Yoongi?”

Jungkook nodded. Jimin wiped Jungkook’s tears from his cheek before he released him. He held the younger’s hands and lead him to take a seat in the corner of the room.

“Like I said, me and Yoongi did this because we care about you,” Jimin bit his lips, he sighed before continue, “and I did this for you..... ahh no, for us.”

 

[flashback]

 

“Come on, Jimin-ah. My mom won’t bite you.”

“What if she doesn’t like seeing me, hyung? What if she thinks I will ruin your life? What if-“

Yoongi placed his index finger on Jimin’s lips, make him stop mumbling. They stood right in front of Yoongi’s house.

“Just be yourself. No matter what.”

“But she doesn’t like me for being a dan-“

“Sssttttt....”

Yoongi cut off Jimin’s words by open front door of his house. Jimin tensed as he hold Yoongi’s hand tightly. Yoongi pulled the younger with him and they sat in the living room. Yoongi called out his mom.  They waited until Mrs. Min came and furrowed her eyebrows to the couple.

Yoongi could tell this meeting won’t work smoothly. He approached Mrs. Min and tell her something by eye contact. But she grabbed Yoongi’s hands and pulled him from living room. Jimin who saw the view only rubbed his sweaty palm as he prayed anything would be fine.

“Yoongi-ya, how many times I told you. I don’t like him! You may pick one of so many guys outside there, but not him!”

“Mom, I told you I won’t! I want him! I want Jimin!”

“You know right why I don’t like him, don’t you? Stay away from him!”

“Your reason for disliking him doesn’t make sense, Mom!”

Their voices echoed to the entire house. It was obviously make Jimin know what they’re talking about.

“Because he is a dancer, Yoongi! He is a dancer!!! What’s the point of being a dancer these days? Will you live happily with someone who all he can do is moving his body? There’s so many bright future there than being a dancer!”

Yoongi’s jaw dropped hear that. In the other hand, Jimin froze at his spot. All this time, he only heard about why Mrs. Min doesn’t like him from Yoongi. And today he heard it from her.

“I can’t believe you said that, mom.”

Yoongi tried his best hold his tears. He left his mom and went to the living room. There he saw Jimin is about open the door and leave his house. Yoongi fast grabbed his wrist and backhugged him. Mrs. Min saw it and she yelled out to Jimin made the couple flinched.

“I warn you, Park Jimin! Stay away from my son! Yoongi-ya, just break up with him! You deserve a guy better than him.”

“MOM!” Yoongi released Jimin and yelled back to his mom.

“Excuse me, Mrs. Min. You may think dancing is an useless major. But I think you should know that people has their own path to get their happiness. I choose dance, Yoongi choose composing. As long as Yoongi will stay happy even without me, I’m really fine with it.” Jimin said as he smiled to Mrs. Min.

“I don’t need your explanation. Just go away from my house now!”

“Sure. I’ll go now.”

Jimin turned to Yoongi as he mouthed a “see you tomorrow” before leave the house. Once Yoongi closed the door, his mom called his name from the dining table.

“Yoongi, I hate give you some options but I need to do this. You can choose break up with Jimin, leave him, and stop contact him, and I’ll stay here with you,” Mrs. Min inhaled deeply before continue, “or you choose him and keep your relationship with him, and I’ll back to Daegu to take care of you father’s cemetery by myself.”

 

[end of flashback]

 

“That’s why I always refused whenever you invite me to your house, ugh I mean Yoongi hyung’s.” Jimin said as he playing with his fingers.

“So Yoongi hyung choose Mrs. Min over you?” Jungkook asked, and Jimin nodded.

“That was me and Yoongi hyung’s deal. We broke up for his mom and for our future.”

“But she never complained to me though. She said she was glad I choose art, that means I’m on the same path with Yoongi hyung.”

“I don’t know. That’s why Jungkook-ah, I’m afraid I’ll lost my friend just because I’m a dancer.”

Jungkook eyed the older. He know Jimin passed a really hard time along with Yoongi. Jungkook reached for the older hands and hold it tightly.

“Hyung, Mrs. Min is not my mom. She doesn’t have any rights to separate us,” Jungkook released Jimin’s hands and divert his eyes, “beside....”

“Hmm?”

“I like you too much and I can’t imagine how it would be if we’re being seperate.”

“Eh? You like me?” Jimin’s face lit up. Jungkook nodded shyly. Oh he even couldn’t look at the older’s face. Jimin can’t help but laughed at the younger.

“Yah! What are you laughing at?”

“Hahaha.... I’m just too happy Jungkook-ah.” Jimin hugged Jungkook all of sudden. This was make the younger shock and widen his eyes.

“I like you too,” Jimin released him and cupped Jungkok’s face, “..........a lot.”

Jungkook can’t help but smiled at him. He hugged the older tightly as he buried his face to the older’s shoulder.

“I’ve been waiting so long for this moment.” Jungkook smiled.

“Jungkook-ah?”

“Hmm?”

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

Jungkook froze.

No answer.

Jungkook released Jimin from his hug. Jimin curious why’d Jungkook didn’t answer him. Jungkook reached for the older’s hand, and flipped it to show his palm. He smiled at it. He started wrote a word with his index finger on it. A very simple but meaningful word for them. Jimin smiled.

 

yes

 

----------------------------------------------------------

update!!!

hahaha another chapter of Yoongi-Jimin-Jungkook, and this is the longest chapter so far lol

as I said before, their story gonna affect Hoseok-Taehyung-Jin story as well.

thank you for my beloved subscribers, i hope you enjoy the story T__T

let me know wdyt about this story, share your thoughts in the comment ^^