Blaming

Confused

“Okay class, you can take your break. Don’t forget to do the assignment! See you next meeting.”

Mr. Choi left the class and then followed by the students to take a break. A minute later the classroom is empty and only left Namjoon with a group of other students in the corner. Namjoon yawned as he put his head on his table. All he need is sleep because he was staying late last night.

“Namjoon-ah...”

Namjoon heard someone called his name. He lift his head a bit and he only rolled his eyes when he knew who is it.

“Leave me alone, Hoseok. I’m tired.” Namjoon said as he sloped back to his table.

“Come on, Namjoon-ah... Believe me, I really forgot, also I couldn’t  leave Taehyung alone, he needs me.”

Namjoon scoffed. He clenched his fist as he closed his eyes. He wanted to be alone right then. He got up from his seat and was about leaving the classroom without glancing to Hoseok.

Somehow, Hoseok felt guilty. He knows Namjoon was very mad at him. He looked at Namjoon and following him leaving the classroom. Namjoon entered the toilet room, and Hoseok locked the door.

“What the hell, Hoseok! Open the door!”

“No until you receive my apology. No until you listen to me and stop avoiding me.”

“Anything I have to believe from you doesn’t send back that day again, so just stop doing this stupid thing.” Namjoon looked down to the sink, felt very lazy to make any eye contact with his buddy.

“Namjoon please forgive me...” Hoseok stopped, he bit his lips before continue, “I didn’t know what should I do when Taehyung suddenly came to me besides looked after him. I can’t see him suffered his own problem and he need my help. I really can’t resist it.”

There’s silence for a minute. Namjoon keep quiet as his eyes still glued to the sink as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. Slowly his lips curved into a smile and he let out a short laugh.

“You know you fell in love, Hoseok.” Namjoon said, Hoseok didn’t answer it so Namjoon continued, “There’s two things why I joined that competition. The second is because the judges are my favorite underground rapper, you know how much I admire them and all I wanted is show them my best. I even didn’t care about the prizes or that scholarship offer.”

Namjoon stopped, he looked up from the sink and turn his attention to Hoseok, ”And the first one is because I miss being on a stage with my best buddy. Though Yoongi hyung replaced your position and I also missed being on a stage with him, but still that was not I wanted. Even though I enjoyed the stage, but still it just felt different and stranged because I planned that night for my special buddy ever, the one I trust the most, the one I could share my joys and desperate.” Namjoon inhaled deeply, still stared to Hoseok who just keep his head down.

“I don’t believe with that best friend thing, but I need to admit that I have a special friend, because we share our time almost everyday. He knows me very well and I always try my best to understand him. But I can’t believe I need to understand him again when he can’t keep his promise to me. That was the thing I disappointed the most.”

“Namjoon-ah......”

“I’m not mad at you. You know, I don’t like being in trouble, especially with my friend. I’m just disappointed.”

There’s a moment of silence in the toilet room. Hoseok still kept his head down, and Namjoon stared at his reflection in the mirror as leaning back to the wall. Fortunately, there’s no student there so no one could interupted their moment of silence.

“I need to go.” Namjoon said as he started to walk to the door. But Hoseok fast hold his hand and stop him.

“Namjoon I’m sorry. I really am! I want we’re back like we used to be. Please. I’m sorry Namjoon.”

Namjoon have not had answer it, suddenly one of the toilet’s chamber opened and reveal a brunette boy slowly stepped out from there. He holding a comic in his hand. His eyes was glazed and staring right to Hoseok and Namjoon.

Yeah, it was Taehyung.

He heard the whole conversations from the olders. His heart and mind was mixed up. He felt guilty, also sad, but also angry. He didn’t know what to do. He just standing there. Froze.

“Holy ... It’s really a good drama. Seriously.” Namjoon scoffed as he chuckled to himself. Hoseok released his grip from Namjoon as he stared disbelief to the younger.

“T-Tae... since when.... w-what are you doing here?” Hoseok stuttered but the younger still catch what he asked.

“I skipped my history class and hide here.” He lowered his head as he chewed his bottom lips,”I’m sorry hyung. I didn’t mean to heard your conversations.”

Namjoon and Hoseok stared to the younger. While Taehyung, his eyes started watery and his body shaking. He clenched his fist make the comic in his hand crumpled.

“I-I’m sorry for ruining everything. You can blame me. Namjoon hyung, you can hate me because of it. But please, just don’t avoiding Hoseok hyung. You should be mad to me. Not him.”

Namjoon sighed. He really hates being in this situation. He thought this was a drama that his mom usually watched in TV, but no. It happened in his life.

“Taehyung-ah, I’m not mad with anyone. Everything’s gonna be okay. I promise.” Namjoon smiled to him, before turn to Hoseok and whispered, “You need to take care of him.”

And Namjoon left the two. Hoseok stared to the younger. His body still shaking and his eyes still watery. Hoseok approached him.

“Tae...”

“Why didn’t you tell me you have an important appointment?” Taehyung asked out of sudden. There’s emptiness in his eyes. He even didn’t look to Hoseok’s eyes.

“I forgot, Tae. I really forgot it.”

“Is it hard for you to checked out your phone? I believe Namjoon hyung called you so many times.”

“My phone is running out of battery, I didn’t touch it again after you came, and—“

“See! That was my fault! If only I didn’t come to your place and bothering you with my pathetic curiousity, you’ve must be didn’t forget about your appointment!” Taehyung yelled as he locked eyes with Hoseok.

“That’s not your fault, Tae!”

“Yes, it is! It was my fault, hyung! Why even you still stick with me? The one who ruining your friendship! Why even I existed in your life.” Taehyung cried out. He couldn’t hold back his tears anyomore. His tears running down his cheek.

“Stop blaming yourself, it’s my fault! Not yours!”

“No! If only I didn’t run to you and—“

Taehyung stopped. Because a warm body hugged him tightly, and stop his yell. Taehyung dropped his comic from his hand and hugged Hoseok back. He buried his face to the older’s shoulder as he sobbed softly. Hoseok let the younger use his shoulder to calm down. It was not his fault after all, Hoseok thought. Hoseok couldn’t let the younger blame himself.

“Namjoon hyung must be mad at us.” Taehyung said, mumbled in Hoseok’s uniform.

“Yes, he is.”

“What if he keep avoiding you?”

Hoseok didn’t answer. He rubbed the younger’s back as he let out a sigh.

“Tae, you won’t avoiding me right? You will always stay by my side right?”

“I..... I don’t know.” Taehyung stopped, as he rest his head comfortably on Hoseok’s shoulder, “Hyung, can we stay like this for a moment?”

“Anything for you, Tae.”

 

Hoseok relieved Taehyung be able to calm down. Hoseok didn’t think much when Taehyung said he didn’t know he will avoiding him or not. Because the very next day, Taehyung didn’t show up in the school. Hoseok rarely saw him in the school. Jimin said he keep absent, and come to school only about two days in a week. And this happened for two weeks after that incident. Hoseok was ready in fact that Namjoon would avoiding him, but Taehyung?

Hoseok’s called got ignored, either his texted. Hoseok started to worry about the younger. He need to talked to him very soon.

Being ignored by your best buddy and someone who could make you smile and nervous at the same time really frustrating. Hoseok couldn’t handle it anymore.

 

***

 

Jimin leaned his body to the wall in the dance practice room. It was raining outside. He stared at the pouring rain from behind the window. His mind thought about Taehyung. He didn’t know why he rarely showed up in the school. He have texted him before but only replied by a “I’m okay. Don’t worry.

It’s really bothered Jimin. He worried about the brunette condition since he rarely spent his time together with him again. Somehow he felt guilty because as his best friend, he couldn’t be there when the other need him. He was in his deep thought and didn’t realize when Jungkook entered the room and found him daydreaming.

Jungkook approached the older. He sneaked his hands around Jimin’s waist as he rest his chin on Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin flinched a bit and feel relieved when he knows it was Jungkook. He let out a sigh.

“You scared me!”

“I thought your soul gone to somewhere. Because it’s cold and I think I can use your body. It’s warm.” Jungkook said as he snuggled to Jimin’s neck.

“You cheesy little brat, who taught you those thing?”

“Park Jimin.” Jungkook smiled at the skin, and Jimin only rolled his eyes heard the answer. “What are you thinking, hyung?”

“Nothing.”

“Liar.”

Jimin chuckled at the answer. He placed a hand on Jungkook’s hand around his waist, “Hoseok hyung can’t join today practice again.”

“What? Again?” Jungkook lift his head to looked at Jimin’s face. His eyes grew bigger. Jimin only nodded.

“Did something happened to him? He keep skip our practice.”

“There’s something happened between him and Taehyung. I feel bad for them. Hoseok hyung looked very lifeless, and Taehyung is so hard to contacted.”

Jungkook nodded and rest his chin to Jimin’s shoulder again. There’s a silence for a moment. There’s something bothering Jungkook's mind, but he couldn’t say it to the older yet. Jimin noticed the silent of the boy, and he steal a glance to the younger.

“Are you okay?”

“Huh...” Jungkook snaped out from his thought, he released his hands from Jimin. “I-I was remember that you rarely hanging out with Taehyung hyung again since we’re dating.”

Jimin’s eyes widen. He didn’t expect the younger would thinking such thing. While Jungkook, he lowered his head as he playing with his finger.

“Hey, hey why do you thinking like that? We rarely hanging out together because we’re busy. Jungkookie, we didn’t count in to their problem.”

“But still, if there’s a gap to your friendship, I’m the one who caused it.”

“Nah! Don’t say like that! Jungkook-ah, look at me.” Jimin grabbed the younger’s shoulder as his other hand lift Jungkook’s chin. “Stop blaming yourself. Everything’s gonna be okay. I promise. I’ll talk to Taehyung and Hoseok hyung soon. I promise. Got it?”

Jungkook’s eyes locked with Jimin’s. Slowly his lips curved into a smile, and Jimin relieved Jungkook understand it. They didn’t realize how close their face was.

It was not Jimin who make a move, but Jungkook did. The younger slowly leaned closer to the older face, eyes glued into Jimin’s lips. It was a mere inch again until their lips connected but suddenly Jimin turned his head, make the younger froze.

“I-I’m sorry, Jungkook.” Jimin said as he let go from Jungkook.

“Why? I still don’t deserve a kiss because I’m still too young? I’m in 18 and I still don’t deserve it!  God damn it, Park Jimin!”

Jungkook stomped to the nearest desk and sit on it. Jimin bite his bottom lips as he followed the younger.

“It’s not like that. I think you’re still too young for this stuff. Also, I want our first kiss be a special one. Not just something could happened all of sudden.”

“You always treat me like a baby, hyung. I’m tired of this. My friends always making fun of me because I have not had my first kiss yet. They even doubt it that we’re dating! I’m tired of this, hyung.”

Jungkook frustrated as he buried his face to his palm. Jimin often faced this childish side of Jungkook. Jimin stepped closer to the younger and kneeled down in front of Jungkook. He hold Jungkook’s hands and so he can look to Jungkook’s frustrated face.

“I did tell you before, all I want is protect you right? I want all our things be special.”

“Special my ball! I need to wait for years only for a kiss and those couple thingy? I better dating another guy.” Jungkook rolled his eyes. While Jimin frowning, well in teasingly way.

“So, you dating me just because you want my lips and doing that couple thingy with me? You’re so mean Jeon Jungkook.”

“No, it’s not like that! It just...... aaah Park Jimin I hate you!” Jungkook ruffled his hair.

“Promise me you’ll stay by my side until I think you’re mature enough and I’ll give everything you want.”

“You did kiss Yoongi hyung before but you won’t do it to me.”

“I NEVER KISSED YOONGI HYUNG! WHO TOLD YOU THAT?” Jimin shocked and a bit yelled to the younger. There’s a pink tint on his cheek. But it’s true, he never kissed Yoongi before. Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“I just knew it.”

“Oh gosh, Jeon Jungkook.” Jimin face palmed. He really needs extra patience when he faced this side of Jungkook, “Your face looked so ugly with that pout seriously.”

“Yes, I am. And thank you.”

“You’re so ugly.”

“You like it though.”

“What can I do to remove that ugly pout?”

“You can do nothing.”

Jimin stared at Jungkook for a while, but Jungkook didn’t spare a glance to Jimin. Jimin moved two of his fingers –his index finger and his middle finger- to his lips. He kissed it softly as he closed his eyes. Jungkook steal a glance and frowning at the older’s act.

Jimin released his two fingers and placed it on Jungkook’s lips. Jungkook’s eyes widen and he froze at his spot. Jimin let go from Jungkook’s lips after a while. Well, an indirect kiss.

“That’s for the start.” Jimin said as peck his own fingers. 

“Eww you’re gross.” Jungkook blushed at Jimin’s greasiness.

“You like it.”

“I hate you, Park Jimin.”

“Yes, I love you too.”

Jungkook didn’t answer. He chuckled as he rolled his eyes, “Why do I even fall for you.”

And they spent the rest of the day with cheesy thingy, which Jimin mostly did it. Well, the dance practice seems delayed again.

 

-------------------------------------

I'm so sorry it's taking so long to update ;;_;;

Anyway I started working on my new fic too, I hope you take the time to check it out hehe. here it is Soulmate it's a VHOPE story ^^

But don't worry, I'm still updating this one kkkkk

 

Also, I'm thinking to change the main title to Skool Luv Affair because OMG IT JUST SUITS THE STORY SO MUCH ><

I need your advice guys, seriously. C'mon share your thought in the comment box hehehe

Thank you for giving this story so much love. I love you >:D