A Long Story

Confused

Taehyung sat on the bench in the park near Seokjin’s house. He didn’t want just go home yet. He stared blankly to the playground in front of him. There he saw two boys playing with his mom while his dad taking picture of them. They seemed very happy there.

“Mom... Dad... I miss you.”

Then Taehyung’s mind trailed to the moment when he was together with his family. He really missed his family. He averted his eyes to the sky. His eyes was swolen because of  crying.

“Hyung... I need you now.”

Taehyung let out a sigh again. He needed a friend to accompanying him. So he pulled out his phone and slide it open. He went through his contact and typed a name who could understand him in this situation. He put the device to his ear and waited until the receiver pick it up.

The number you are calling is not accepting your—“

Taehyung smiled, a bitter one. He held the device tightly at his hand. “Jimin must be spending his time with his boyfriend, and I shouldn’t bothering him.”

Taehyung slide open his phone again. There he saw his own homescreen. A selca of him and a guy. But then he fast shook his head. “Don’t ask him, Kim Taehyung. He won’t tell you anything!”

As if the sky could read Taehyung’s gloomy mind, it started raining. Taehyung got up from his seat. He didn’t know where exactly his feet bring him. His mind was messed and he just follow where his feet dragged him. The worst thing was it’s raining! But he really didn’t care. He let the rain dropped to his head and stream down to his face, as if the rain could erase his memory about the incident earlier.

His feet and his mind wasn’t work in sync. Taehyung realize it when he stopped in front of a building. He didn’t know very well about the building, but he knew who live there.

“I live three blocks from yours, the red building there.”

Yes, the guy on his homescreen earlier was live there.

The rain seem didn’t like Taehyung keep staying under them, because it became heavier. He came closer to the building and staring at the entrance. This was make him get an odd looks from people around him.

He pulled out his phone. His thumb danced on the screen, hesitated if he should call the guy or not. His mind really didn’t work well, because ten seconds after he press the dial button he just realized that he really called him. And it was too late to cancel the call.

 

Yeoboseyo. Taehyung-ah?” said the guy in the other line.

“H-Hyung...” Taehyung’s voice trembled.

Yes? What’s wrong?”

“Are you at home?”

Yeah, why? Are you okay? Where are you?”

“C-Could I stop by at your place?”

Sure but it’s raining here, and the wind is not good for—

“I-I’m outside already, b-but I don’t know which one your room so i-if you by any chance—“

“WHAT? O-Okay, I’ll be there now!”

Taehyung could hear the guy rushed to the door and open it before the call end from the other line. He put both his hands to his pocket and bit his lips, trying to hold his body from shivering. A second later, a guy rushed out from the building entrance in panic. He stared at Taehyung with wide eyes. While Taehyung tried to smile at him, though his lips shivering because of the cold. “H-Hi, Hoseokie hyung.”

“What the....” Hoseok mumbled. He came closer to the younger and hold him. Hoseok felt Taehyung’s body shivering. So he put his arms around him and hold him tightly. He went to his place in the second floor. None both of them spoke up until they reach Hoseok’s front door which still wide opened. Guess Hoseok very in a rush so that he forgot close the door.

“You must cleaned your body first, or else you get sick.”

Hoseok fastly grabbed towel and his clothes for Taehyung. He must be really worried about the younger. Hoseok handed it to him and led him to his bathroom. Taehyung didn’t say anything, he smiled to the older before he stepped in.

Hoseok was in the kitchen, make a hot chocolate for the younger while waiting him. What in the world was he doing outside there? Did something bad happen to him? The same question lingered in Hoseok’s mind. He stared at the pouring rain from behind his window. He was in his deep thought and didn’t realize Taehyung finished already. The younger shouted out Hoseok’s name but no answer from the said guy, until Taehyung found him daydreaming in the kitchen.

“Is staring at the rain really your habit? Because I’m not. It’s so annoying.” Taehyung said out of sudden, make Hoseok snapped out to reality.

Hoseok stared at the younger. He sighed in relief to see again that grin from the younger. Hoseok took a cup of hot chocolate and handed it to Taehyung. They sat on the couch in the living room while watching some random TV show. Hoseok stared at the younger who focusing his eyes to the TV and take a sip of his chocolate.

“Taehyung-ah, what’s wrong?”

Taehyung averted his eyes to Hoseok. He could tell from his eyes that the older really worried about him.

“I’m okay, hyung. Don’t worry too much.” Taehyung said as he placed his cup on the table.

Hoseok eyed the younger. He knew there’s something wrong to him, and he can’t let him suffered it by himself. At least Hoseok wanted to know what had happened. “I’ll help you, Tae. So tell me what’s wrong?” Hoseok moved closer to him until their hands brushed each other.

Taehyung bit his lips. Hoseok was too nice to him. Taehyung only wanted to asked about the older and Jin’s problem in the past. He really curious what’s make Jin really mad to such a nice guy like Hoseok. Taehyung inhaled deeply.

“Promise me you will help me?” Taehyung asked, and earning a nodded from Hoseok. “Then tell me first what had happened between you and Jin hyung.”

Hoseok froze. From all questions why must he questioning it. But Hoseok had promised the younger to help him, so he need to tell the younger about it. Eventhough it means he should open again his bad memories.

“Well, this gonna be a long story I’ve ever told you. You better listen to it carefully.” Taehyung’s face lit up, then he fix his position and leaned closer to the older, somehow this make the older’s heart skip a beat because of the touch from the younger. But Hoseok tried to play it cool, he need to calm himself or else he would look creepy in Taehyung’s eyes.

“I need to inform you, actually that problem was not only mine and Jin’s but also Namjoon and Yoongi hyung. We four were in a group back then. Namjoon and Yoongi hyung did the rap, Jin hyung the vocal, and me as vocal also rap. I was in 1st grade when we made those group. We gathered up because we have same taste of music. We went to various event at our spare time. Honestly I didn’t want to joining those group because I can’t sing well and I’m still lack for rapping... yeah you know I’m a dancer after all, but Namjoon dragged me and forced me to do it, I can’t refused it. Namjoon was very happy he’s gonna be in a group with Yoongi hyung, also with Jin. Beside.....” Hoseok stopped, he stared to his intertwined fingers on his lap, “Namjoon has a crush on Yoongi hyung. Namjoon told me and Jin hyung about it. He was really happy when Yoongi suggest him to make a group.”

Taehyung listened carefully. Hoseok looked at Taehyung, and Taehyung nodded give him a sign to continue.

“Until one day, Namjoon introduced Jimin to Yoongi hyung. Then they were liking each other and start dating. Namjoon was regret it at first, he didn’t expect it would turn like that. But Kim Namjoon is Kim Namjoon. He always be positive and wise eventhough it hurts himself. I can’t believe that stupid jerk even exist in the world. He said he was gonna be okay as long as Yoongi hyung happy. He wanted see that smile of Yoongi everyday, the smile that only Jimin who could make him like that.” Hoseok stopped. He chuckled a bit as his eyes glued to his lap. Taehyung saw uneasiness from the other. He reached for the older’s hands and squeeze it, giving him strength to keep continue the story.

“But something unexpected happened. Jimin and Yoongi hyung broke up. And all the problem started from it.”

 

[flashback]

It was a bright and sunny day, a good day for walk or playing in the park. Namjoon and Hoseok thought it was a good day to bring Yoongi along with them to have some walk. He knew the past few days was not good days for Yoongi. And it was the day to brighten him up again. Or you can say it started that day.

Namjoon knocked Yoongi’s front door. A second later a woman appeared from inside, opening the door for Namjoon and Hoseok. She gladly greeted them.

“Good morning, Mrs. Min.”

“Ah Namjoonie~ Hoseokie~ come in! Yoongi must be happy to see you! Come in!”

Namjoon and Hoseok follow Mrs. Min to her living room. Yoongi was still sleeping in his room, but Namjoon and Hoseok refused it when Mrs. Min gonna wake him up. So the three sat there and have some random chat about school and daily stuff.

“Yoongi has been avoiding me for a week. He even lost his appetite. I’m feeling bad for him. But as a mom, I did the right thing, didn’t I?”

Namjoon and Hoseok exchanged glances. They didn’t understand what Mrs. Min talking about. They gave her confused look.

“That kid, Park Jimin. Yoongi really stop contacting him. Well, at least he try his best. I don’t want Yoongi keep going around with that dark future dancer.”

“Excuse me, ma’am, but I’m a dancer too.” Hoseok interupted her as he let out a short laugh.

“Ayy, I know you are not like that Hoseokie... Yeah I understand it every teens has their various dreams and various ways to reach it. But I don’t like how Jimin forced himself for dance and spend his time only for dance. What’s the point of spending his time only for dancing like that? Aigoo... I’m glad Seokjin told me this, or else Yoongi gonna—“

“W-WHAT?” Hoseok and Namjoon asked out of sudden –or half shouted– make Mrs. Min shocked.

“I’m sorry, ma’am. But what do you mean by Seokjin told you about that? Did Seokjin tell you something about Jimin?”

“Yes, he told me a lot about him. And all of them are bad things! I know Seokjin wouldn’t lie, Yoongi and Jin are friends since middle school.”

Namjoon and Hoseok exchanged glance again. They can’t hide those shocked expression from earlier. They really wanted to tell Mrs. Min that all Jin said is not true. But no. They can’t do that because they know Mrs. Min wouldn’t believe it. She trusted Jin after all.

 

***

It was bad for Namjoon and Hoseok if he kept this big secret from Yoongi. Jin was the one who ruined Yoongi and Jimin’s relationship. But what’s Jin reason for doing it? Namjoon and Hoseok must talked it to the older, and Yoongi have to know what actually happened. And that was the day.

“Jin hyung.” Hoseok called out Jin name. He crossed his hands and placed it on his chest. “We need to talk, a very impotant thing.”

The four of the group was gathered up in their usual place. There’s also Yoongi there. Both Jin and Yoongi sent Hoseok a confused look for the sudden topic.

“Just talk Hoseok-ah. Why so serious.” Jin said as he take a sip of his coke.

“What did you say to Yoongi’s mom about....” Hoseok stopped, he averted his gaze to Namjoon who raise his eyebrows, to Yoongi, and then back to Jin. He gulped before continue, “about Jimin.”

And that was it, Jin choked at his coke. Meanwhile Yoongi couldn’t hide that confused look from his face. He furrowed his eyebrows, tried to process what Hoseok’s question to Jin.

“What are you talking about? I-I don’t understand.” Jin rubbed his palm as he placed his coke can on the table. He avoiding Hoseok’s judging eyes who sit across him. “Stop talking nonsense.”

“I’m not talking nonsense, I’m just asking and you have to answer it. That simple though.” Hoseok said, still with that death glare he sent to Jin.

“Yah! I don’t know what you two talking about!” Yoongi cried out.

“Just ask this hyung. He probably has a better answer.” Hoseok said with sarcastic voice. Yoongi turned his attention to Jin, who seemed uneasy because of glare the other sent him.

“Jin?” Yoongi asked the older, but the older seemed avoiding him. Jin clenched his fist. He felt his body heavier each time because of the pressure.

“I told her that Jimin is a bad kid.”

Yoongi froze, his eyes widen.

Even the pale boy have not had respond it, Hoseok got up and grabbed Jin’s collar. “How dare you! How could you tell such big lies to her?!”

Hoseok couldn’t help it anymore. He released his anger to the oldest. Jimin was his best buddy. They’re in the same dance team, so that’s why Hoseok can’t controlled his anger when there’s somebody did it to him. Hoseok really know Jimin is not that kind of kid.

Yoongi didn’t move an inch. He couldn’t believe what had happened in front of him. While Namjoon tried to seperate the two.

“Hoseok, calm down. We can slowly talking about it. Don’t use your anger!”

Hoseok released Jin’s collar. He still had that glare to Jin. His breath unstable as his chest rise and down. Namjoon hold him, tried to soothe him.

“Do you really want to know why I did it?” Jin asked, with that smirk on his lips. Yoongi turned his attention to him.

“I did this for you Namjoon! You should thanked me for it! Do you think I don’t know how you suffered because of your own feeling? Don’t try to be cool because you couldn’t! You like Yoongi! You has feeling towards him! It is so obvious that you hate Jimin—“

Jin interupted by a fist landed at his jaw.

“Hoseok!!!” Namjoon held his friend, tried to stop him from any harsh action he would make.

“What the hell are you saying?! Stop made up story! You also has a crush on Yoongi hyung since middle school! Don’t think I don’t know about it! Everyone knew it! Everyone knew you such a brat who will do anything for your own advantage!”

“I said stop it, Hoseok.” Namjoon said coldly, “Jin hyung, am I ever asked you to do such idiot thing? I’m not that stupid you should know that.” Namjoon threw his gaze to Yoongi who kept silent. He could saw the pale one try to hold back his tears. Namjoon hate this face of Yoongi. So he threw back his gaze to Jin. “I have my own way to forget my pain. It’s not a pain if you want to know. As long as he’s happy, I’m happy too. I don’t understand when you said I’m trying to be cool when I’m facing suffer. I’m fine, really really fine though. And I think it’s really not your business.”

“Hey you idiot.” Yoongi spoke up and chuckled, all eyes on him right now. “I can’t believe this whole disaster came because of me. Why do you blame each other when I’m the one who caused it?”

There was a silence for a few minutes, but then Hoseok broke the silent.

“I feel bad for Jimin.” He stopped, before continue, “What’s his fault to deserved this. He even rejected his scholarship because of this.”

Hearing that, Yoongi frowned at Hoseok, “He rejected his scholarship?”

“Yes. He said he wouldn’t take it because he still lack of everything. And he thought he doesn’t deserve that scholarship, because....” Hoseok paused, he bit his lips as he inhaled deeply, “because your mom’s words always lingering in his mind. He said he is still need to learn more, to show her that he has a bright future as a dancer.”

Yoongi closed his eyes, trying his best to hold back his tears from falling. He didn’t expect Jimin would make such decision. That was scholarship he really wants and he rejected it because of her mother.

“That stupid kid.” Yoongi mumbled, before he grabbed his jacket and got up, “I need talk to him.”

And Yoongi left the three. The atmosphere’s still tense even without Yoongi there. Guess it was difficult to come back to them like used to be.

“Someone must be really happy now because his plan was succeed.” Hoseok shot Jin the last glare before leaving him, “succeed for ruining everyone life.”

There left Jin and Namjoon alone. Namjoon approached the older. Instead of punched and yelled at him, he reached out his hand to help the older got up. Jin looked up at him confused, but Namjoon just shrugged and still reached out his hand to help him. Jin hesitated for a moment, but then he reached the other’s hand and got up.

“You know, I hate seeing people cry. Also I don’t like yelled at people. It’s so immature.” Namjoon said. He stopped for a few moment then continue, “Sometimes we need to take control of our selfish side, for the sake of closest people around us.”

Namjoon smiled as he tapped the older’s shoulder and leave him alone.

 

[end of flashback]

 

“Taehyung, are you listening?” Hoseok asked out of sudden. He saw Taehyung stared blankly at his face.

“Huh? Yeah of course, I don't miss any detail of it. I’m just...” Taehyung stopped. He bit his lips, “I don’t believe Jin hyung did such thing.”

“Either me too.”

“So how have you guys been after that?”

“We’re seperate. There’s awkwardness between four of us, except me and Namjoon of course. I’m still contacting Yoongi hyung sometimes, but not with Jin. Namjoon also keep distance from either Yoongi hyung and Jin. I don’t know how Yoongi and Jin have been, but I guess they’re also avoiding each other. Just same like Namjoon did.” Hoseok said, while Taehyung listen to him and nodded. He could feel how the older spent his hard time back then.

Well, if you want to know how they’re position right then, Taehyung still had his hand on top of Hoseok’s, while his other hand was interlace with Hoseok’s. They had sitting cross legged with both of their feet on the couch and their legs brushed each other. Both of them didn’t notice how close they were sat, until Hoseok feel his hand was squeezed by a cold hand.

“Ugh I’m sorry.” Hoseok fast moved away from the younger, earning a confused look from him but he just shrugged it off.

“Hm... only that was bothering your mind, Tae?” Hoseok asked. Taehyung was thinking for a while. Honestly there was something still bothering him. But he couldn’t ask it just yet.

“Yeah.”

“Really?”

“Yes, hyung. Why?”

“You are hiding something from me.”

Taehyung didn’t answer. He stared at his lap, tried to avoiding any eye contact with the older.

because he likes you! Jung Hoseok likes you! He’s not liking you in brother way! He fell for you Kim Taehyung!

“Tae?”

“It’s nothing hyung. Seriously.” Taehyung forced a smile. Eventhough Hoseok really curious about it, he didn’t ask any further and just nodded.

"Fine. I think you need take some rest. I guess....” Hoseok paused and threw his gaze to the window. It was still raining and it seemed wouldn’t stop anytime soon, “the rain won’t stop until mid-night. I didn’t allow you back to your apartment tonight.”

Hoseok got up and walked to his bedroom followed by Taehyung. “You can sleep here. Feel like your own room. Sorry it’s a bit mess.”

“What about you then?”

“Couch is my second favorite spot after the bed. I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“I’ll sleep on the couch too then.”

“W-what? No, you can’t.”

“Why?”

“You will catch cold if you sleep there.” Hoseok said as he took some clothe from his bed.

“You also can catch cold if you sleep there,” Taehyung pouted, “Sleep with me then!”

Hoseok was almost tripped at his own feet. “Haha, no thank you.”

“Hyung~ I don’t want sleep alone.” Taehyung whined, and you have no idea how Hoseok hate those whine of him. It always make him weak and give up for no reason. Yes, Taehyung’s whine was his weakness.

“Fine.”

Taehyung’s face lit up. He jumped to Hoseok’s bed and lie on his back, make his position comfortable for himself and for Hoseok. Hoseok slipped to the another bedside and  lie beside Taehyung.

There was silence for some minutes. Taehyung didn’t say a word, either Hoseok. Hoseok felt like there was something he missed. He couldn’t think so much about it, probably because of the boy beside him. Never in his mind imagined he would share the same bed with Taehyung. Not that soon.

His mind couldn’t work properly along with his heart, when he felt a cold hand slipped to his waist and a face snuggled to his neck. Hoseok froze at the position. He felt his heart beats faster, and he wonder if the younger could heard his heartbeat.

Hoseok inhaled deeply. He shifted a bit to turn off the light from bedside table. He steal a glance to the sleeping boy beside him. Does he sleep already? Ohgod this kid.

Hoseok placed his hand on Taehyung’s arm around his waist. He squeezed it a bit, hope it would make the boy warmer. Hoseok’s eyes start became heavier as he closed his eyes slowly. But.

“Sleep well, Hoseokie hyung~”

Taehyung mumbled, and Hoseok fast open his eyes. Hoseok was calm a minute ago when he knew that the boy was asleep already, but now he felt like his heart gonna flew away. His heartbeat was uncontrolled and he was too late to calm it down again. Taehyung could feel the older’s shivering under his touch. And he can’t help but grin silently in his mind.

What a beautiful night.

 

 

Meanwhile

Hoseok was true there’s something he missed, but he couldn’t find what is it. 

A guy waiting him. The one he said his ‘best buddy ever’. His appointment with him that night.

Yup, Namjoon and his composing competition.

 

***

“Where in the world are you Jung Hoseok?”

Namjoon had been walked back and forth, then sat while tapping his feet on the ground, got up again, and sat again. He did that almost one hour. He was worried like hell because Hoseok didn’t text him back or answer his call, and it seemed there’s no sign of him coming to the place of the competition. Namjoon was the second performer and it was about fifteen minutes before the show started!

I swear I’ll kill you once you arrived, or else I’ll ignore you for the rest of my life.

Namjoon inhaled deeply. He was ready even without Hoseok. He was ing ready. “You don’t need him. You don’t need anyone else. You can do it by yourself Kim Namjoon. Yeah even if you have to collapsed on the stage. You're Rap Monster. You can pass it coolly. Yeah!”

Namjoon stopped mumble when he felt a tap on his shoulder.  HOSEOK!!!!

 

“Y-yoongi?”

“Do I look like a ghost or something? Your face is so ugly right now if you know!” Yoongi laughed. But he’s true after all. Because Namjoon’s mouth wide open, his eyes grew bigger, and that shocked-yet-stupid face was the very first thing Yoongi saw.

“W-what are you doing here?” It was surprise him though, it’s been a while since Yoongi last greeted him.

“Nothing. Just greeted some staffs I knew here. Oh you’re the performer too? Good luck then!” Yoongi said, patting the younger’s shoulder.

“T-thank you, hyung.”

“I guess I need back to audience spot. It’s gonna start soon. Bye Namjoon!” Yoongi waved goodbye. Namjoon’s mind messed up. He was hesitated but he obviously need the older’s help. Then,

“Hyung, wait...!”

Yoongi turned his back. Looking at Namjoon confused.

“Actually I need Hoseok for my stage later, but it seems that brat won’t coming. So if you by any chance—“

“Sure I’ll help you!” Yoongi interupted when Namjoon wasn’t even finished his sentence yet. “I miss being on a stage with you.”

Namjoon froze. Well, there’s a pink tint on his cheek which really didn’t suit his outfit.

“Thanks God! Do you still remember the song we made one day before the summer holiday start last year? On the rooftop of the school?”

Yoongi gave him a genuine smile which make Namjoon could slam his head to the wall beside him –if only he could–.

“How can I forget that song, Namjoon... Come on we’re gonna destroying the stage!”

 

-------------------------------

Wow it's 10th chapter and you know what, THIS IS THE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER MADE SOBSSS

the scene was already in my mind since long time ago, and finally i made it here :D

well, does your expectations same with this story? orrrr do you confused because it's so complicated? if it so, you need to read again the main title carefully LOL im kidding :p

c'mon share your thought in comments box >< i need it to make my story better

also......i got some idea for my upcoming bangtan fic, hope it will turned out well. pray for me kkkk >:D

thank you for the comments, the subscribers, the upvotes, the views, and anything :")