Cooking Lessons With Hyunseong

Beauty and the Boyfriend

 

Well since the second marking period is approaching I decided that I wanted to bake my teachers and fellow class mates some treats. I’ve grown so close to the boys and teachers in the last two months, that I wanted to show my way of appreciation. I mean although I use a lot of profanity and have never shown my girly side what so ever, I think deep down inside cooking will break this tomboy charm. There is just one problem. I can’t cook, I mean I can try but I’d probably end up poisoning people. I don’t want to go to jail for a kind gesture, you know? Just thinking about how people will view me sends a shivering spike of energy down my spine. Goosebumps sprout out all over my torso, bouncing little strands of hair to the sky. As I sit crouching in a computer chair at my laptop, trying to examine the screen for the perfect cooking tutorial. I hear two sudden knocks at my door “Doors open” I yell. The creaking sound of the doorknob twisting distracts me enough to look up and back down at my laptop. “Oh hey, Minwoo” I say tirelessly. “Hey Kay” He says as he flops down on my mattress. “Whatchu up too?” he asks. “Oh nothing just looking up cooking tutorials”. Not realizing what I just said I clinched my eyes and waited for the embarrassing reaction. “What!” he burst out in laughter. “You can’t cook?” he laughs, “But you’re a girl he continues”, “You should know this type of stuff”. Let me make this aware, just because you’re a girl does not mean it’s necessary for you to know how to cook. Honestly it’s necessary for everybody to know how to cook in order for you to survive, but females aren’t meant for the kitchen, it’s a myth. It’s not like as soon as we pop out the womb are ing destiny is to work in a kitchen. Are true destiny is to live, reproduce, and conquer the world, while boys just live and help out with reproduction. “You also should know how to pee directly in the toilet instead of on the toilet seat, but you don’t see me slaughtering you about it?” I bark back. “Hey, it’s hard when its six in the morning and you just woke up” he mummers. “It’s not that hard” I mumble. He gets off the mattress and slowly walks over to me, he rest his elbow on the desk and lasers his eyes across the screen. “Wow if you want to learn, why don’t you just ask Hyunseong?” “Oh, yeah I forgot, could you tell him for me?” I ask.  “Sure” he says as he walks over to the door, while proceeding to leave. Before he leaves he asks “What are you cooking for anyway” I smiled my most evil grin and say “none of your business” 

_

Shim Hyunseong the most talented chef in the whole school. He has earned thirty-six food badges for outstanding taste. Twenty-four badges for outstanding appearance, and forty-three badges for outstanding performance.  Hyunseong knows the name of each spice he smells, along with the taste. He is so high in his grades, which means he may become a pro chef sooner than he thinks.

This soon to be professional, has agreed to assist me in my journey to conquer the delicious taste of food. I Kayla the great will be able to create a variety of delicious treats such as cookies and cakes, and everything great!

_

Later on that evening I received a text message from Hyunseong, he told me that he would be teaching me in the schools culinary kitchen. So I texted back be there in five. I really was excited for this event, so excited that I broke out my hello kitty apron that I had gotten for my fifth-tenth birthday. It’s a little tight but I can fit it, because I’m still the same height from that year, just not the same weight.  Don’t judge me, I get by on what I was supplied. I dressed myself in the apron and hurried to the kitchen.

               When I got there I could see Hyunseong preparing everything we will need, through the viewing windows. I was so stunned by his neat and tidiness that it really shocked me into thinking twice about this little teaching lesson. I mean I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of him, because I know from the top and bottom of my heart, neat and tidy is no longer implanted in my genes. It was lost long ago, when I started getting myself dressed for school. I look impatiently into the windows building up a fog so thick that I can write a five page essay in it. I begin to take the ends of my apron and wipe away the foggy smudge, roughly scrubbing at the surface. “What are you doing” I hear in the far corner. I slowly turn my head to the voice, and see Hyunseong standing there with his hands on his hips, confused and ticked at the same time. “Nothing” I answer slowly, removing my body away from the foggy glass. “I hope you’re not backing out or anything because…” I interrupt him, “Of course not, I already walked here”. “What’s that got to do with anything” he says while arching his eyebrows. “It means, that I’m not taking that long walk back to the dorm, all because I chickened out over some cookie baking lesson”, he smiled “alright since, you’re here let’s get started” he says as he extends his arms to the kitchen door. I accept. I go in the kitchen and place my bags next to a nearby table, and nervously dust my hands clean. “Frist thing you should always do before cooking is to wash your hands” he says as he walks to the sink and grabs a bottle of hand soap. I walk over and open my hands, as he pours the cold substance into my palms. He then adjusts the knobs to a specific temperature. “Go ahead its warm now” he says as I slide my hands into the tainted water fall. I rub both my hands across one another and turn the water off, while drying my hands on my apron. After that I walk back over to the table where Hyunseong is standing. “You know what “ I begin “How about you’d just cook the treats, and I’ll say that I made them”. “No” he replies “That will be similar to plagiarism” . “Good point” I say sadly. “How about you mix the Ingredients and Ill decorate them. Deal? He ask.  I shake my head.

_

Hours  begin to pass by as I bake and he decorates. We are just about finish everything; we’re just waiting on the last batch. Hyunseong, who was sitting at a table texting, walks over to the tray of beautifully decorated cupcakes. He studies them one by one for about two minutes, before picking two of them up. He walks over and offers me one, I take it. I look at and smile, creating a memory of the first well-made food. But I’m scared to taste it because of in one of the batches I accidently added too much flower; I thought it was sugar and before I can retreat it was too late. I looked over at Hyunseong to see his reaction; this motherer just devoured the cupcake in one bite. Shocked I look back at my cupcake before removing the wrapper, and preparing my mouth for an unlawful taste. The tip of my tongue sinks into the icing as my teeth sinks into the fluffy cake mix. Not bad I think not bad at all. I thought It was going to taste like something fresh out of the garbage but it tasted ten times better. “mmmm” I moan. “It’s so tasty”. “I know right” he chuckles. “You must practice really hard, a round of applause to you” I cheer. “Yes, I do…I just have too” he smiles. He seems to enjoy cooking a lot, I mean everybody has to have a story behind a dream. What’s his? Curious I oddly walk over to him with my hands folded in front of me, smiling ear to ear. “So you like cooking huh?” I question. “Yup” he smiles. “Why? Is this like a big dream of yours?” “Nope” he smiles, yet once again. “Then why do you insist on becoming s chef?” I ask. He walks away only to sit at a table. “Come, sit down I’ll tell you” he says, with a gummy smile. I walk over, pull out the chair and sit. I scoot close just so when he speaks, even the mumbling I can hear. “Well” he starts out. “When I was around the age of fourteen I went to this public school, it was the kind of school that was for kids and kids with special needs. One day while attending this school, I seen these kids crowded in a circle, they were shouting and screaming. But I couldn’t make out what they were saying. So I got up and walked over to the crowed, they were all yelling at once that I still couldn’t catch on to what they were saying. Kids where pushy and rough , and the circle was so tight that I couldn’t see the middle. I got tired of the rough housing and pushed my way to the middle, where I saw a girl being pushed and slapped around. Each time someone pushed her over, she’d reach out for a hand to help her up. She’d reach out searching for something to hold on to pull her up. By now I realized she was blind, I guess the kids were picking on her because she couldn’t see. So I ran in the middle and removed the kids away from her, I helped her to her feet; I pushed away the crowed and brought her to my table. We sat silently waiting for the bell; while we waited I had become super hungry so I opened up a lunch box my mother had made for me. I looked over and noticed the girl sniffing the scent, she looked so beautiful that I swear that day I cried. I took my sliver sticks out and wrapped it in Kimchi, I brought it to the girls lips, I assumed she’d felt the heat because she opened right up. I fed her it and she chewed it up, when she swallowed she started to laugh. You know how when someone has such a beautiful smile that all you can think to do is to smile along. I asked her why she was laughing and she said “Food makes me happy; when I smell it I get really happy”. So on that day I promised her that I would become a chef, who made food that was both tasty and smelled good. So that she will always be happy. Even after all these years I still bring her food, and one day I hope to marry her and teach her to make food just as good as I could. “he smiles as he hands me a photo of her. She had looked to be Korean with a baby face. Her eyes were perfect, I don’t know about you guys but I’d prefer Asian people with natural eyelids, instead of double eyelid surgery. They look much, much, much better that way, but if you’d prefer triple eyelids go for it. The woman in the photo had a gorgeous smile; her hair was black and cut short into a bob. Her skin looked to be as soft as a baby’s . She was standing next Hyunseong who’s smile was so bright, that the only person you could think of, who put that smile there was her. He looked so happy. “Whats her name” I asked. “Moon” he replied.

_

Today I gave out my wonderful cupcakes to my class, everyone enjoyed them accept the twins and Jeongmin. I think they got the flour cupcakes, they said it tasted like someone threw powder in it and call it a day. Little did they know it was a ing accident.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My writing skills are off because of the lack of writing I did over the summer, but I promise I'll do better.

School is a pain the ,I swear I just did a years worth of homework.

If only my life was as mixed up and crazy as this ^_^