A Date With The Twins

Beauty and the Boyfriend

 

“What time is it” I whine as I roll over patting my mattress for my charging cell phone. I feel around on the bed trying to find it, when I swipe my finger across what seemed like the top of my Samsung. I inch over towards the phone, lazily trying to grab it with my middle and index finger. “Got it” I exclaim as I grasp it and pull it towards me. I whirl over onto my back side bring my cell phone five inches above my face, as I do so the phone turns on and displays the time. 7:45. I still have time I think to myself.  When suddenly I hear two loud bangs brush against my door. “Kayla it’s time “screamed Youngmin, “Yeah get up you promised” followed Kwangmin .

“Alright you dips, here I come” I sighed, I wanted to have a little me time before I took the twins out for our celebration. We’re celebrating the fact that we all got straight A’s on our report cards. I’m really proud of them and myself so I decided that we should celebrate, I mean of course the others got good grades…but not as good as ours.

_

“So where do you guys want to eat?” I ask as I study my cell phone searching for restaurants in our area.

“Ummm, how about we eat your house” questioned Kwangmin.

“Hell no” I snort.

“Why not?” asked Youngmin.

“Because…” I really don’t want to bluntly say “I do not like my parents”, but then again I do miss my room.

“Fine we can eat there” I exhaled.

I called up my parents and assured them that I will be bringing over some friends for dinner and as expected they were excited that I called , and I’m pretty sure they’re going to go all out for this occasion because they’re sending a limo to pick us up. How embarrassing. Tisk Tisk Tisk.

_

We arrive in front of my house; it is an enourmous mansion, it’s a bland white with black crowinding around each window and door frame.

“You live here?” exclaimed Kwangmin.

“Yeah” I said slightly embarrassed as one of the butlers opened the door. “I hope this isn’t too much”.

“What, this is awesome” laughed Youngmin as he followed me out of the car into the enormous bland. Both of my overly excited parents stood dressed up from head to toe in formal attire, smiling and anxious to greet us.

“Mary Kay mama missed you so much” my mother cried as she rushed over to me, embracing me with her exaggerated dress. “You have to call us more often darling” she said as she brushed my hair to the side of my face kissing my nose. “Mama gets worried sick when her precious Mary Kay doesn’t call, you know I love you right?” she smiles. “Yes Mom” I uttered. “Good, now darling come inside and introduce us to your new friends” smiled my father “we have a wonderful feast prepared for you all”.

_

Ding rings the chief as all of the waiters undress each silver platter laid across our dining table. The scent of the food sent my stomach into a frenzy because all I could do is grab any and everything I could.

“Wow darling” my mother said “Do they not feed you at your school”

“No , mom I eat perfectly find when my roommates cook”

“Oh they must be some fine young ladies, why didn’t you bring them here. We do have plenty of food.”

“I did mother, they’re over there” I smirked as I pointed to the twins, whom were devouring a huge amount of food.

“Oh, I am so sorry….Ummm… you’re roommates with men?”

“Yeah, it’s no big deal”

“But Mary Kay, that’s obscured, you should be roommates with fine young ladies, not…gentlemen. I will have a big talk with the dean about this” she gasps as she turned to my father gripping his hand “Shawn do you hear this?” “Yes dear” he replies.

“You know what…” I paused as I stopped eating, I pushed my plate forward and threw down my napkins and utensils.

“Frist of all mom, my name is not Mary Kay its Kayla secondly I don’t need you calling the dean and having me removed from around the people I’m comfortable with.”

“But Mary Kay” she interrupted.

“Mom” I screamed. “My ing name is Kayla, the only reason I left this ty hell hole was to get away from your controlling and dads robotic . You guys take stuff from me that matters and in return you give me that doesn’t matter, and I am tired of this. You are stealing my importance away from me.” I wailed tears streaming down my face.

“But Mary Kay, mama knows what’s best, mama knows what’s right for her baby” she says as she walks over to me pulling me into a hug.  “Mama loves you and you shouldn’t talk to me like that… it’s this school isn’t it”

“No” I pushed her away, “No it’s you…it’s always been you. You will never see past my tears until you have cried them. You think you’re the only one allowed to love me, protect me and just be there for me. I appreciate all of what you have giving me but I don’t want it anymore. I don’t want this life you dreamed of, it’s tearing me apart from the inside in out”

“Mary Kay mama’s…Mama’s sorry, I’ll bake you a cake, you…you can come back home and we can start over, and ummm… I’ll buy you all new things and a new nanny!” she smiled, “Isnt that wonderful!”

“No mom, no… it pains me to say this but I don’t think you’ll ever understand me” I push her completely away from me and run towards the door , with the twins hurdling at my feet.

My mother tries to follow behind me but my dad says “No Anna, you have done enough, let her be. I will talk to her when she cools down, you just need to walk away this one time. ”.

“Shawn” she mumbles as she tears up “What have I done”.

_

Keep running~ Don’t stop~ I say to myself. RUN~

“Kayla” wheeze the twins. “Stop”

“No” I yell “I must keep running”.

“Where are you going to run too?” asks Youngmin.

I stop in my tracks, where am I able to run too? Where can I run where everyone accepts me? My soul is growing cold, my happiness is fading. All I can do now is run. I begin running again except this time, I can hear myself losing the twins in the distance. But I keep running, I’m passing through trees, jumping across rocks, it feels like I’m running through time. I keep running, I run past a lake the sunset is reflecting at it’s surface, but I keep running. I feel myself losing myself to the wind brushing against my ear. Where can I go? I give up. I stop once again and I look around, I can’t see anything because it’s pitch black. Tears begin building at my eyes, I ran away from my problems now I’m lost in my sorrow. That was all it took for me to burst into tears.

When suddenly unknown arms embraced me from behind ,Oh how I love being silently kidnapped.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry for the longest break ever. My half assed writing skills are back thoe.