Karma

A Sweet Saviour

The next day when Soo Jin arrived at school she saw Ryeowook straight away. She ran over to him. “Oppa! Are you healthy now!?”Ryeowook was honoured she cared about him that much. “Yes, Soo Jin, I’m…”Ryeowook’s mood suddenly dropped. “I’m fine”he said gloomily before walking away to avoid conversation with Soo Jin. Soo Jin was confused. She turned around to see Dong Hae evilly glaring at Ryeowook. ‘Was it Dong Hae that made him like this?’she thought. Walking up to Dong Hae she saw him smile a little. “Dong Hae!”Dong Hae swirled round to face her properly. “Where did you go?”Dong Hae frowned. “No where I’ve been with you all morning.”“Not today! Last night!”“I’ve already told you!”Dong Hae sounded a little annoyed. But the he smiled putting his hand on Soo Jin’s shoulder. “I was sorting out some business. That’s all.”

 

“But that’s not telling me where you were!”Dong Hae could sense the anger in her voice.

“You don’t need to know!”

“I thought we were friends! We tell each other everything!”

“Oh really?”

“Yes! How could you even doubt that!?”

“Then why didn’t you tell me about that bastard being your boyfriend!?”

“Eh?”Soo Jin said. Dong Hae pointed behind her. She looked.

“Ryeowook? What have you got against him! And how would you know if we were a couple or not!? Huh?”

“I can’t believe you like this guy even after what he did to you!”

“What? What has he done to me!?”

“Don’t try to cover it up! I already know he gave you that scar!”

“He didn’t!”

“Oh really?”

“Stop saying that!”

“Look. I didn’t hurt him if that’s what you’re worried about. I just told him to keep far away from you. Or I’d kill him”


Soo Jun raised her hand and slapped Dong Hae.

“How dare you! Why are you trying to control my life!?”

Their fight drew the attention of the few students that were in the class room, Ryeowook being one of them. Dong Hae grabbed her wrist. “If I didn’t watch out for you then you wouldn’t be here today! I’m your best friend”Soo Jin suddenly stopped struggling. Flashbacks played in her head of the past 13 years she had known Dong Hae. He had always been there for her. But it still gave him no right to do what he did. She pulled her wrist out of Dong Hae’s grip. “You’re no friend of mine!”

 

These words hit Dong Hae harshly. “S…S…Soo Jin ah”Dong Hae stuttered. Soo Jin bashed past him with her shoulder. “You’re the only bastard I know!”With that Soo Jin walked out the class room. Dong Hae remained unmoved, devastated by what his most treasured friend had just said to him. He was only trying to protect her. The bell rang and everyone else entered the classroom.

“Take your seats!”the teacher shouted. Dong Hae glanced to his side to see Ryeowook sneak out the classroom. Dong Hae knew he was going to find Soo Jin. He followed too. Soo Jin walked down the corridors, tears started pouring down her cheeks. People stared, but she didn’t care. ‘What have I done?’she thought. ‘Why did I say those things?’Soo Jin ran outside and kept running. Ryeowook came out shortly after and saw her run round a corner. He wasn’t going to let her out of his site while she was like that. She could do anything! He bolted after her. Closely followed by Dong Hae who did the same thing. Soo Jin reached the local park and decided to stop. Leaning against a tree she wept even harder. “Need a tissue?”She peered up from her drenched hands she had been crying into only to see Ryeowook standing there holding out a handkerchief for her. “O…Oppa”Soo Jin fell into his arms.