Chapter 9

how could you? -EDITING-

For a few days, Ari denies with all her might that Hoya is involved in any way of Eunyoung's murder. If he is really guilty, she will try to prove otherwise, anyway. She had plans on how to do so. She thought of every strategy if something comes up. Ari wasn't herself anymore. She was paranoid. She couldn't be bother by The Chocolate Room, her life or even herself. Ari acknowledges that she shouldn't interfere herself with an open murder case, especially when the perpetrator is at large but she just. Couldn't. Help it.

Someone knocks on her door.

"Noona? Can I come in?" Minki knocks softly on her door. Ari didn't come to pick him up at the airport before. It has been 3 days since he came home. Still, he never bumps into his sister. Of course he's worried.

"Noona, come down. Sungie noona made your favorite dish." Minki referring to their cook.

"I'm not hungry." Minki could hear her voice muffled, as if it was covered by a pillow. He barges in.

"Why not?"

"I need to have a reason not to be hungry?" 

"I haven't seen you since a few days. You never go downstairs to eat or anything. Are you okay?"

"Has it ever occured to you that Sungie unnie might have already bring the food upstairs to me?"

"Well, she hasn't." One thing they had something in common is that both of them are stubborn and they talk back. Their father was convinced, one of them will grow up to be a lawyer. Little did he know, his little girl becomes a successful entrepreneur and his little man would become a future pilot.

Ari says nothing. She's lying on her bed with her pillow against her face, just like what Minki had thought before. Minki sits down beside her.

"Are you okay?"

Silence.

"I miss you, you know." Minki claims with his voice low. "What happened? You're not the caring sister I know before."

Minki sounded hurt. Ari had never heard him like that. What have I done?

Ari faces Minki. Just like what he sounded, he even looked hurt.

"I'm sorry. It's just.. I have things to sort out." Ari hugs her brother. She always feel the need to protect her younger brother even though he is capable to do so. They have always been tight. They never fight, even for toys. Entering an age of adolescence, Minki referred to her about girls, books and food. While she often asks for good movies and music to enjoy together, explaining their similar taste in movies and music. Now an adult, both share their experience in work and give advices to help the other. Ari always felt grateful their parents raised them to be lovable.

"So, what's up with my baby brother? Had a great time in Russia?" She ruffles his hair. He had this natural brunette curly hair that she loved. On the other side, Minki uses hair straightener when he goes to work to look like a normal Korean man. He smiles. My old sister is back.

"I've been there bazillion times. Oh sure, I had fabulous-not-boring time." He exaggarates with his hands gestures. "Noona, let's eat. You look like a skeleton." Minki says with a caring voice while his left hand in her right hand.

"Have you eaten? Let's eat together. What's Sungie unnie's cooking?"

"Roasted chicken with black peppers." Minki answers with a frown on his face. He hates black pepper, on the contrary with his sister.

"Ermm. Just the thought of it makes me drool." Ari her lips, imagining the dish in front of her.

Walking down the stairs, a thought pops up in Minki's crowded mind. "Oh there's a package for you in the mail box."

"Yeah?" Ari paying little attention. Clearly she's distracted by an image of a roasted chicken.

"Someone called Lee Na, I think?" Minki recalls in doubt. He's never been good at memorizing names.

"What? You're telling me now?" Ari runs towards the mail box, skipping a few stairs and comes back as fast with the package. Forgetting to dine with Minki, she gets into her room and slam it hard.

So much for getting the old sissy back.