Chapter 6

how could you? -EDITING-

During the day, Ari couldn't focus on anything. Her physical is in her chocolate shop - it's called The Chocolate Room- but her mind, mental is somewhere else. She couldn't do anything. Her brain stopped sending messages to her body to move. It might seem a bit hyperbolic to you but how do you feel when your idol are indirectly connected to a murder?

You can't do anything to help them clear their name.

All you can do is pray for their sake.

But Ari isn't going to be just another fan who cries and weeps over what oppa did.

She's not going to pray and wait for news to fill up the columns of AllKpop nor NetizenBuzz.

She's going to find out what really happened.

She's going to prove to everyone that Infinite had nothing to do with the dead girl.

Ari grabs her car keys and runs to her car, shocking her employees at the front shop. Ari is known to be a calm and self-discipline to every of her actions, making her respectable among her workers. To watch her sprinting out of the shop like that, well that's the first time.

Ari spins her steering and steps on the brakes real hard. She might get a ticket or two for this but oh, what the hell.

Her meter shows that she's driving at 280 mp/h at a 180 mp/h area. She didn't care. She just need to release her tension. Ari shouts on top of her lungs.

!

30 minutes of shouting, speeding, and violating few traffic rules, she's finally in her sane state. Or so she thought.

Ari finds herself driving to a police station. No, she's not gonna turn herself in. Pssh, no way.

To be quite honest, she herself doesn't know why she's heading to a police station. She knows walking into a police station after what she did is like volunteering yourself for a slaughter.

"Hi. How can I help you?"

"Hi. I want to know the details of the recent homicide of a 16 year old girl." Ari hears herself says. She too was shocked as those words came out from .

"You have to be someone important to ask for such information. Fill this form if you're the deceased family or anyone related to the dead." The officer answers oddly calm while handing her a form. Does he gets asked by that question so many times, he seems to memorize what to answer?

Ari knows quite well the case is one of the most important case right now but who else other than the deceased family wants the details?

Hardcore Inspirits?

"Ari!" She heard someone called her name from inside of the precint. Inside?

"Lee Na!"

"You know her?" The officer asks Lee Na with a perplexed expression plastered on his face.

"Yeah, she's with me." Lee Na nods, focusing more on Ari than the officer's question.

Lee Na drags Ari out of the precint, leaving Ari confused.

"What are you doing in there?" Ari pulls away her arms aggressively.

"What am I doing here? I'm a fricking journalist. What about you? You can't just walk in and ask details like that!" Lee Na yells at Ari.

"I need to know!"

"Well, you could've waited for more infos from me. No, you just had to ask an officer straight up like that, huh?"

"What am I supposed to say now? Sorry?!"

Lee Na takes a long breath. This won't work if both of them keep screaming at each other. Not to mention, a pair of adults arguing in front of a precint never results a good ending. "Let's just talk about this at my place, okay?" Lee Na finally decides with her fingers massaging her temples. Being older by a few years, it's no wonder why Lee Na can think rasionally despite the tense situation.

Ari seems to agree with what Lee Na thinks. With heavy legs, she forces herself to get in Lee Na's car.