Chapter 13

how could you? -EDITING-

Dana pushes open the theatre hall's door. Ari is in awe. The theatre hall was designed to look like a Shakespeare-an theatre. At first sight, the hall was filled with hundreds of modern chairs. The walls surrounding the hall is filled with beautiful murals. The roof is painted to appear like a sky. The stage had red velvet curtains draped on both ends. The theatre hall was huge for school plays.

Dana climbs on the stage and later sits comfortably. "Suit yourself." Dana says to Ari. She then pulls a chair to be closer to Dana.

"Why here?" Ari casually asks to lighten the intense mood while pulling out her notebook and setting a voice recorder on her iPhone. She had written a few questions before, in case she find someone who can help on the homicide.

"No reason. I just like it here. It's huge, no one would even notice us. It's like the abandoned part of the school. Plus, I'm the prop master. So, I come here often."

"Okay. So can we start?" Ari ready to hit the 'play' button on her recorder. Ari doesn't want to have long conversations. She needs to keep in mind her original purpose being here. Dana takes a long, deep breath. "Yes." She replies shortly.

"Okay. Name, class and connection to Eunyoung?" Ari carefully asks and makes sure she mentions Eunyoung's name to avoid any future confusions.

"Kim Dana. Class 4A1. Good friend of Eunyoung." When she said "good friend of Eunyoung", she said it in a slow tone. As if she's ashamed that she's even one. Ari scribbles down Dana's answer. God forgive her messy handwriting.

"Tell me about her."

"We've been friends since elementary school. We know what people think when we registered for this school. We don't want to be an idol or picked up as a trainee. It's just that we loved art since we can remember. Eunyoung loves art so much ; be it music, drawings, or even plays. We're like kindred spirit. She even works at a music instrument store as a cashier. She worked there on the weekends." Ari didn't get to write it all, since it was too long. Lucky she had the recorder.

"Where is this store you're saying?"

"In the Gangnam district."

"And did her parents approve of her interest?"

"They've been nothing but supportive."

Ari helds her head up to face Dana. "Was there any dispute between you and her?" She asks softly, so Dana wouldn't be hurt.

It takes Dana a few seconds to recall her memory that she perhaps already toss. "Her working at the store messed with her studies and our friendship. I told her to quit to focus on studies and for us to spend more time having fun." Unknowingly, Ari makes a weird-out face and Dana notices it. "No, we're not gay. It's just.. that.. we've gotten.." Dana seems to search for the right word. "..distant."

"And still, her parents supports her?"

Dana snorts. "Eunyoung never talks about her results to her folks ever since. You know, I threatened her to report on her but she just snorted and says, quote unquote; go ahead and see if they care. See what I mean about us getting distant?"

"That's a small matter to fight about." Ari indicates there must be more.

"Yeah, it must be." Dana pauses before continuing. "The store she's working at, is a hotspot for idols. Idols shop there for guitars, music equipments."

So the rumors were true.

"Eunyoung is a stunning girl. No doubt why some idols try to hit on her. But she rejects them all. It comes to a plot twist when an idol- a desperate one- threatened her that he had something on her if she didn't date him." THAT is a monstrous break on the case.

"What was the threat?"

Again, Dana seems hesitant to spill the worst secret about her bestfriend. "She did something.. inappropriate. She.. slept with the store manager to get the job." So much for the innocent girl type. "But, she had something worse on the idol. His story was no match to her misbehaviour. Actually, she kinda brag about acknowledging that secret. She said "if she opens , his life would be over."

"What was it?"

"No one knows. She said it won't be a secret if she tells." Damn it, Eunyoung. This isn't Pretty Little Liars to bring secrets to your grave.

"And the idol?"

"Anonymous." Of course.

Ari stops her recorder. What she's got is more than enough."Is it any much of a help? I'm sorry. That's as much as I know."

Ari smiles sweetly. "It's been a huge help." Dana smiles back faintly.

"You know, a reporter came before to ask about her too. She didn't notice me like you did. Guess you were smart." Dana compliments Ari.

"I know."