Chapter 2

how could you? -EDITING-

Now, you may have an idea that Ari is a teenage girl who fangirls over oppa all week. It’s quite the opposite, really. She’s a 22 years old lady, with rich daddy and a chocolate business that she runs by herself. Some plot twist, huh?

Sunshine rays blinds Ari’s eyes. Who the hell pulls the curtain?

“Rise and shine, honey.”

“Mom, go away.” Ari tugs herself back in her fluffy blanket, not wanting to get up just yet. Yesterday, she spent one whole day with her high school friends since they haven't meet up in quite some time. It was at a point, she came home at 1. 15 am. Thank God her dad's not at home or else he'd be in rage. She likes how her dad treats and protects her like the little princess she used to be, but sometimes she just wants to be 22. Guess Mr. Yoo would never understand.

“No, I’m serious. Wake up. Minki’s leaving to Russia this morning.” Mrs. Yoo insists, yanking Ari's blanket away.

Pulling back her blanket from her mother's grip, Ari talks back. “Then let him go. What’s it to me?”

“Only your dearest brother.”

“That excuse expired long time ago. Come back when you have a better reason, kay?" Ari drowsily responds from inside of her pink blanket. Mrs. Yoo is so cheesy. Ari would lose 30 minutes of her life that she would never gets back. And I'd rather replace my precious sleep last night than to send Minki away, she selfishly justifies her reasons.

"Okay, how about this? This might be your last meeting with Minki because, he just might got into an airplane crash and might not survive." Mrs. Yoo stresses her 'might' words on purpose.

Ari springs up from her bed upon hearing her mother's phrase. "Seriously? You're really taking out a scene from Snakes On Plane except without the snakes? Like, really? Mom, how clichë can you be?"

"Hey don't judge." Her mom jokingly replies. "Now wake up. It could happen, you know, what I said just now."

"Uggh. Fine." From her tone, it's obvious she's secretly protesting.

Despite her saying fine, Ari grabs her iPhone from a drawer beside her Queen-sized bed. She checks her schedule. It‘s that time of the month to go to the KitKat distributer to fill up some empty stocks. So does Toblerone, Ferrero Roche and some other chocolates. Busy day ahead.

Ari scrolls down her Twitter. She found fantaken pictures, rumors, and some other stuffs. Sometimes she would ignore those baseless gossips. Usually it's not true anyway. She does enjoy reading fan's argument, though. To agree or to not agree. Then, she comes across a Netizen Buzz article.

 

Breaking: 16 Years Old Girl Found Dead Near An Idol Studio

A 16 years old girl, was found dead yesterday near an idol's studio. She was found by a garbage hauler who then dialed 911. The identity of the dead girl remains anonymous.

Without the autopsy being held yet, assuming from the physical state, the medical examiner said the cause of death might be suffocation or plain word, strangulation. However, the police nor the ME do not want to make any false statements and said that that is only a theory without an autopsy.

The police are cross checking the girl's identity with the Missing Person Department. However, the police department will not be releasing official statements until further notice.

Meanwhile, public are advised to call the police if any information are to retrieve.

The idol's identity are also still unknown. Nevertheless, trustworthy source said it was mere coincident."

 

Wow. This is gonna be huge. Tragic but huge.

Suddenly Ari felt sorry for the girl's family. Seeing the girl's identity is still a puzzle, she wonders how many parents are worrying over their daughter.

Every day, Ari thanks God for people like the garbage hauler for being such an angel. It's hard to find people who have even a bit of humanity sense these days. The garbage hauler might not know how much of a big deal this meant to the deceased family.

And who is the idol, anyway? It's the first time such case has ever happen. A murder took place near an idol's studio is a big no-no for the idol's image even though it's a "mere coincident".

Also, what's up with the "trustworthy source" thingy? That is so not convincing. Like, the reporter just could not wait for the official statement from the police.

Well, she has some resourceful friends. I’ll find out soon anyway, she ignorantly concludes. Ari gets up from her bed with a loud moan, still frustrated about being up so early before she hits the shower. Minki, you owe me big time.