Chapter 11

how could you? -EDITING-

A day later, now tying her hair into a neat ponytail, later wearing a turtleshell glasses on her high nose, Ari hangs her reporter ID around her neck. Looking in the mirror, she looked quite smart with a blazer on.

Seoul School of Performing Arts, here I come.

Since the school is only a stone's thrown away from her house, it didn't take her long to arrive there.

Walking confidently into the administration block, she heads to the school's office.

"May I help you?" A bored looking clerk greets her.

"Yes. If you can, may I know where Joo Eunyoung's class is?"

As the clerk types the name on her desktop, Ari assumes that either no one asked for Eunyoung before, or the clerks's just that ignorant for not knowing about the homicide.

"Joo Eunyoung. Class 4A1. First block on the left, floor 3."

With easy guidance, class 4A1 isn't that hard to find. Walking up the stairs, class 4A1 is the first class she sees. From outside, she could hear a loud scolding voice of a frustrated teacher. Ari peeps from the window. Ah, English. No wonder.

Being the polite girl she is, Ari knocks the door softly before opening the squeky door slowly. All attention swifts from the flaming red teacher to the unknown lady.

"Hello. I'm from Dispatch News. I was informed that this is the late Eunyoung's class. For article purposes, I need to ask some questions about her." Ari shows her reporter ID. Not caring to look closer to the card, the teacher believes the reporter lady.

"Go ahead." The female teacher eyeing the students as if saying you're lucky she's here, or else.

Taking a deep breath, Ari hopes this comes out smoothly. "Okay, which one of you are Eunyoung's bestfriend?"

A girl holds up her hands high and stands up, all at the same time, saying "Me! I had lunch with her once!"

Another boy does the same almost immediately, shouting instead "Me! I walked her home a few months ago!"

A few other students also stand up and come up with other ridiculous reasons that might never happen. Ooo..kay. This is obviously their tactic on skipping class.

As the class turns havoc, Ari notices a girl who didn't say a word, looking out the window, as if the chaos hadn't effect her a bit.

Other students are busy, trying to be famous by relating and act like a know-it-all about the dead girl. And yet, she just couldn't be bother by it.

Something's off with that girl.

Searching for the slightest clue of who the girl is, Ari looks at her nametag.

Dana Kim.

"Hello? You done here?" The teacher snaps her finger in front Ari's face after she managed to calm the class down.

Getting back to reality, Ari flickers and simply responds, "Yeah. I'll just.. get going."

Leaving the class, she checks her watch. 9.45 am. If she's not mistaken, the student's will be enjoying their recess soon.

Not satisfied of what she has got, she waits in front of the class.

Ari bets Dana knows something about Eunyoung.