Chapter 7

how could you? -EDITING-

Both the girls were silent in the car. Despite their favorite tunes are playing on the radio, both seem to have a lot of thoughts. And both of them knows what the other are thinking, not caring to ask anything.

Ari and Lee Na arrive at an apartment. The apartment has a Mediterranean- chic style. A little mess here and there but it still looked classy. Ari assumes it was Lee Na's. She didn't ask too many questions though.

"Come on." Ari trails after Lee Na.

Upon entering, Lee Na serves Ari an orange juice and asked her to make herself comfortable. Of course, Ari didn't.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work? Won't your boss be bothered by it?" Ari fidgets in her seat uncomfortably as she does not wish to bug Lee Na's working schedule.

"I'm a journalist. I write things, but not at the office all the time. Plus, my boss doesn't give a rats about his employees. All he cares is we write nice s so he can gain.." Lee Na shuffles her thumb and her index finger.

"Does those nice s includes writing about Infinite?" Ari says sarcastically after taking a sip of the juice.

Lee Na let out an awkward laugh. She then went to her room and brought out a bunch of papers, scribbles and piles it up in front of Ari's face. Ari swears, she has never seen that much of a paperworks in her entire life.

"This is regarding the homicide."

"Okay?" Ari seems confused as to what Lee Na is trying to tell her.

Lee Na shows her a passport- sized photo of a girl. Too bad, she's gorgeous. "The girl's name is Eunyoung. She's from Seoul School of Performing Arts. She's 16 and lived just a stone's thrown away from her school. She was last seen when the school ended the same day she died. "

"Seoul School of Performing Arts? That's where a lot of trainees were picked up from the entertainment companies. Is she a trainee?" Ari furrows her brows. Ari recalls that EXO Kai and Sehun graduated from the mentioned school. Also, Infinite's fake sister, Yoo Jiae, who had debuted with a single a couple months back.

"As far as I know, no."

"And that is all you got from the cops?"

Lee Na snorts. "I'm a journalist. And a sasaeng. You think that's the best I can get?"

Ari smirks. That's the thing about sasaengs. You want something, you'll get it. Any fandom should be grateful to have them. But, well, the ungrateful netizens. They cheer when they get valuable informations about their beloved bias but bashes the people who searched for it. .

"I interviewed the girl's friends and parents.."

Ari cuts before Lee Na could finish her sentence. "Parents? Isn't that a little too much, since their daughter just found dead?"

"Relax. I'm not that inconsiderate. I came to Eunyoung's funeral to give my condolences and respect. Then, I persuaded the parent's to tell about Eunyoung. I said I was determined to find whoever did this to their little girl." Lee Na imitates to how she said it to Eunyoung folks.

"When you just want to clear Infinite's name." Ari mutters under her breath. She admits, Lee Na is a sneaky person.

"Okay, so here's what I've got so far. Eunyoung didn't have any boyfriend. She walked to school and home. She worked part-time at a guitar shop. The girl was friendly to everyone so, no enemies." Bla bla bla. The typical nice- innocent- pretty girl next door.

"But.... There's this one thing about this girl I found interesting." Lee Na says in slow-motion, purposely to create suspense.

That caught Ari's attention for a while.

"You know how rumors circulates and high schools has the juiciest of them all? Well, apparently our girl, Eunyoung here, are famous among idols. Dating? Maybe." Lee Na picks up Eunyoung's photo, waving beside her face before throwing it back to the coffee table.

"Don't pretend like it's a weird thing. Her school are consist of mostly idols. It's not a big deal if she dated one of them." Now Ari doubts if she's having a conversation with an older person.

"From what I've heard, the idol is someone older than her. Now I've checked. None of her high school seniors are a trainee nor an idol. Now what say you?" Lee Na raises her voice slightly. She wasn't kidding when she said she took her job seriously.

That makes Ari's mind churns up aggressively. It's hard to be recognized by oppas. Even prominent fansite masters are unrecognizable to idols. So, how did she do it? Who's the idols? Could it be Infinite?