Chapter 8

how could you? -EDITING-

"You know what I'm curious about? That Infinite lives in the same building with Big Bang and no one says anything about it."

Lee Na slaps her forehead, a sign she is already stressed. "The homicide happened near Infinite's studio, not their apartment. Remember?"

"Plus even if it did happen near their apartment, no one would point their finger to Big Bang 'cos they don't live there. They go there only when preparing for comebacks or during promotion week." Lee Na casually states.

Urggh, now I got everything twisted over. Idiot.

Beep.

Ari glances at her phone just in case. But it wasn't hers. Later she saw Lee Na picks up her phone from inside of her jeans pockets. Ari continues to read Eunyoung's information from Lee Na's pile. So, to go to the school Eunyoung attends, you must be wealthy because the annual fee is close to 50 000 dollars. That is unless if she was scholarshipped. Eunyoung also was a cheerleader before she quit to focus on her studies. Maybe that wasn't the sole reason? Ari later heard Lee Na clicking a video.

"Oh dear God."

"What?" Ari asks blankly.

"It is Infinite."

"What are you talking about?" Ari restrains herself from yelling at Lee Na.

Lee Na brings her phone closer to Ari for her convenient and presses the video "Play".

It was dark. It seems like a CCTV view-like. It was up above everything and it shows every angle of the somewhat front door.

A girl with a full school uniform enters the place. Eunyoung, Ari reflexly says. She looks like she have her guards up since she looked over her back every so often. Then, she disappears from the CCTV.

Lee Na skips the video by a few minutes. Later, a man with a cap came. He seemed to know where the CCTV is since he hid his face so well, you couldn't get a clue who he is.

Again, Lee Na repeats what she'd done before. The man gets out of the building but no sign of Eunyoung. Then, not being as careful as he was earlier, he looked back. His side profile was a blur but for someone who stalked him for so long, it was too clear.

Hoya.

"Where'd you get this?" Ari tries to keep her tone calm.

"I have an insider in the police station. This was the recording in the studio during the exact day the girl died.."

"Eunyoung."

Lee Na looks puzzled. "Sorry?"

"The girl's name is Eunyoung."

"So, now you're getting attached to Eunyoung?" Lee Na mocks her.

Ari ignores her mocking. "Whatever. Eunyoung's dead for no reason. I'm not getting attached. I just felt sorry."

"Dead for no reason? Whatever the hell does that mean? Someone killed her, there must be a reason! Unless it's a psychotic killer who murders randomly. Unless that, never say she died in vain. That's an idiotic conclusion." Lee Na cries in a restrained voice.

Ari gets up. She's sick. She's not up to entertain Lee Na today. "Do me a favor, will you? Make me a fake journalist card."

"For what?" Lee Na asks although she could already guess what the answer would be.

"So I can get informations. Faster than you, I hope."

"What are you planning to do?

"Things that journalists do, I guess."

"Promise to share 'em with me?"

Ari opens the door, ready to leave.

"Promise."