Chapter 5

how could you? -EDITING-

The sun hasn't completely risen from the horizon, the birds haven't even started chirping, and yet Ari had made herself to wait for Yura in front of Yura's house. Usually, she would love morning like this. To smell the morning dew, to witness a sunrise, always made her relaxed and excited to start a new day. Well, that day is not today. Ari didn't wake up early to enjoy all of that. This time, it's different. She needs to know what happened yesterday. Lately she had been a little behind tracking oppa's daily activity. So when this happened, she just couldn't believe it.

Yura swings open the front seat door before quickly closing it back.

"The hell?" Ari asks.

"This is hell. Why didn't you pick up your phone yesterday? I went crazy just tryinna reach you, you know?!" Yura snaps.

"My personal income doesn't come from only fangirling, okay? I've got businesses to attend, works to do. Besides, I was out with my mom all day." Ari confesses.

Yura rolls her eyes. "Whatever. The point is, if you cared enough to pick up your damn phone, we could've stopped the news from spreading."

"What?" Is Yura saying what's she's thinking?

"You mean, you found out about the news before it was published?!"

Again, Yura rolls her eyes. Talking to Ari is like talking to an annoying child. Recalling everything that happened yesterday is painful for her. That's why she's pissed when Ari ignored her endless calls. "Yes. Remember Lee Na?"

"The journalist?" Ari randomly guesses. She has a lot of friends, but truthfully, she couldn't care less what they do for a living. It has been her principle to not judge someone except for their heart.

"Our journalist. She's on our side. Anyway, I guess God was trying to help us or something 'cos coincidentally, she was assigned to report about the murder case. She realized that it was near Infinite's studio. However, her partner was too excited about the new hot controversy and decided to write it anyway." Yura explains one by one with a serious expression on her face. Huh, that explains the hasty writing in the previous article.

"So does this Lee Na knows anything else?" This time, Ari ensures she doesn't miss a single detail. After yesterday, no way she's gonna let even a small detail to slip.

"She's trying her best to find out everything before her nosy partner does." Yura sounds like not only she's trying to convince Ari but also herself.

"Let me have her number." Ari takes out her phone, ready to take Lee Na's number.

Yura then gives her their whole "group" members. Ari was quite shocked to find out that each member has their own advantages. Hyungseok, a cab driver, Lee Na, a journalist, Yura, an attorney, Mirae, a fansite noona, Taeri, a cleaner lady -who happened to work at Infinite's apartment, shocker- and Jonghwan a telecommunication company guy.

They could be witnesses to prove that Infinite never went near that girl.

Ari always felt proud as her father is an important person in the airport business but now compared to everyone else, suddenly she felt useless in the group since all she does is give them airport passes.

After exchanging exclaims of their disbelief about the news and discussing ways to defend Infinite, Ari drops Yura in front of the firm she works at.

Getting out, as Yura closes the door, she said something that makes Ari even more determined to help Infinite.

"No one makes a better attorney than a fangirl."