What Big Ears You Have!

The Bangtan Tales
Little Red Riding Jimin

The snapping of a shutter could be heard, accompanied by whispered critique. The faint smell of herbal tea filled her nostrils and forced her to open her long-lashed eyes.

She had always had sensitive ears and had been a light sleeper, therefor she couldn't help but wake up at the soft noises made, unmistakably, by her roommate. Knowing the clockwork-like routine of the other tenant, it was most likely 7AM. With a small grunt, she pulled herself upright, rolling back her blankets. She tentatively planted her feet on the cold floor and, after a quick rub in the eyes, dragged herself onto her feet. Slowly accustoming her eyes to the rays of sunlight that were creeping in through her blinds, she walked into the shared living room and kitchen of the apartment. There she found her roommate focused behind her camera, making tiny sets out of the tableware and other random objects, determined to use the warm morning sun that seeped into the room to its fullest.

"Good morning, Ilse, busy at work again I see?", she asked with an amused smile.
Ilse didn't bother looking in her direction and simply murmured a confirming sound, brushing back her scarlet hair in a quick swoop, she squinted her eyes in an attempt to get the right angle. 
"I'll pour myself a cup of tea, would you like some as well?" 
Her question met with a stale silence from the photographer-to-be.
"Well then.. Always a pleasure.", she sighed softly and continued on with her breakfast. 

 
After taking a quick shower and dressing in some simple clothes, she decided to have her second cup on the balcony, with the added pleasure of a cigarette. After seating herself in one of the two heavily cushioned chairs, she remembered the previous night and fondly looked at the bushes in front of which he had stood.
"Jimin..?", she whispered, the mention of the name tugging at the corners of her slender lips.
She sat there for a while, taking in the early sunlight and enjoying her fragrant tea, secretly hoping to catch even the smallest glimpse of the handsome stranger. 
 
The increased rustling of her roommate alerted her that it was 8AM already and that she had best get going towards her university. She peered over the railing one more time, but was disappointed yet again by an empty sight. She applied a minimal amount of makeup, keeping in mind the surprising increase of temperature mentioned on the weather forecast the evening before, not wanting to sweat it off and swiftly left after gathering her things and yelling some generic greeting at Ilse.
 
She pressed the second floor elevator button and was met with a pleasant ping. As she stepped inside, she was welcomed with a cheesy, prefabricated mix of smooth jazz. Patiently standing around the elevator, waiting for it to hit bottom floor, she let herself enjoy the cheap music for a moment. Suddenly, however, the elevator stopped one floor below her own. The doors opened soundlessly, yet no one was waiting on the other side.
She raised an eyebrow and decided to peek outside the elevator, but saw no sign of the person who could have been wanting to ride the elevator. Just as she was about to press the "close doors" button, she heard a door slam shut and an agitated pair of feet running in her direction. She decided to hold the door and around the corner came running fairly tall young man who peculiarly enough donned shades even within the building. She caught herself sighing in disappointment at the sight of a different person than her stranger.
"Thanks, I owe you one.", the man had a pleasant low vibration to his voice.
"Don't mention it.", she replied curtly.
The man raised a brow, but decided to let it pass. 
 
When they got to the last floor after what seemed an eternity, the man quickly left the elevator and headed for the entrance. She followed him out, but went to check on their mailbox quickly, since she was expecting a letter from the university in concern of a grant.
She was flipping through the alternately sized envelopes when she heard a faintly familiar voice ringing through the hall. She turned around only to confirm her suspicion; there he was. Lazily leaning against the wall outside the main entrance, greeting the young man she had had the pleasure of encountering earlier. She smiled, decided the envelope hadn't arrived yet and walked towards the main door in her sassy strides. She kept her gaze focused straight ahead, but knew she had gained the two men's attention.
"Good morning, Miss Cat-ears! What a pleasant surprise!", his voice resounding in her head. She turned her head in his direction in an aloof manner and shed him her most elegant of smiles.
"Ah.. Good morning. Jimin, was it?"
He nodded shortly, smirk teasing his lips.
"Correct, m'am. It seems like a greater force would like for us to get to know each other."
She chuckled.
"Is that so? Well, be a dear and tell that force that I really must hurry. Nice seeing you again, bye.", she lazily gave the pair a small wave and walked on, her cheeks reddening the second she was absolutely sure her face couldn't be seen anymore. She could hear his small laugh chase after her, but it was soon drowned out by the rustling of the trees. 
 

 

She wandered aimlessly through the forest.

Not running away from anything,

Not searching for anything.

The rustle of leaves gave away an unknown visitor.

She turned around hastily.

Nothing to be seen.

She resumed her stroll.

A warm breath ears.

"Oh, grandmother, what big ears you have!"

She snickered.

"The better to hear you with."