Sidestory - Meeting The Mystery Woman

The Bangtan Tales

[NOTE]: Explicit language

He slowly blinked as the noise of the alarm clock beeped, notifying him it was half past eight in the morning. He let out a low grunt, turning over once. Hangovers had never really been something he had to worry about, but he could definitely feel a prominent pounding in his head. He ran a hand through his bushy hair as he threw back the covers of his bed. He pulled himself out of bed reluctantly, nearly tripping over the clothes he had shed the night before. He readjusted the elastic band of his boxers before letting out a big yawn. He looked over to the other bed in the room and saw it was empty. “You dog, you better’ve gotten lucky.”, he snickered to himself. He dragged himself to the kitchen to brew some coffee.

Their living room was a mess. After ditching Jimin last night, the group had come back to their apartment to play some video games and the result of the midnight snackfest was still lying around the TV set. He sighed, “I’ll get Hoseok to clean up later.”. He blew on his coffee to cool it down and took a careful sip. Straight, black coffee. There wasn’t a better way to start your morning as far as Namjoon was concerned.

After finishing his coffee, he quickly slipped into some clothes that smelled semi-clean and grabbed his backpack. He was about to put on his headphones when he heard a door creak open behind him. Standing in the doorpost was Jeongguk, who had woken at the sounds made by his roommate. “Good morning.”, he said drowsily, “Are you going out already?”. Namjoon simply nodded, “A friend of mine agreed to let me borrow their studio for the morning. Sorry for waking you up.”. Jeongguk smiled, “That’s ok. Have fun.”. Namjoon nodded again and the boy turned around, walking back into his room. A loud thud was heard as he let himself fall back onto his bed.

Namjoon sat on one of the benches in the park in front of the apartment complex and whistled to himself. The weather had gotten more pleasant lately, a cool breeze breaking up the seemingly endless summer heat. He stretched his long limbs and let out a yawn. Luckily his sunglasses filtered the morning light, letting his eyes adjust slowly. He blocked out the sun with one hand and let the rays of light play along his slender fingers. He took off his shades momentarily and wiped them spotless with the edge of his shirt. "There we go.", he said as he held them up into the light. He put them back on and checked his phone. A little time was left before he was supposed to meet his friend and he decided to go into town for a bit before heading over to the studio.

He slowly strolled along the large, obnoxious shopping windows, which all seemed to be telling him he missed many items necessary for a happy life. He softly kept the rhythm of the song he was listening to by patting his thigh. His stomach had been subtly nudging him towards the food court of the shopping area, right into the arms of his favourite sandwich shop. He was greeted by the owner brightly. "Ah Namjoon, how are you! Why have we been seeing so little of you lately?", the small, portly woman asked him. "Long time no see m'am, I've been busy with my music. I'm working hard.", he beamed at her. She shed him a warm smile, "All right then, that's the Namjoonie we know. Now, what can I get you? Your regular order?". "Yes please.", he replied as he occupied his favourite seat in the corner by the window. 

He sat there for a while, staring at the small stream of people passing by on the other side of the glass. He let out a small sigh, “This early, yet half of the city is already awake and on their way.”, he thought to himself, “I’ve got no time to waste either. Let’s work hard today too.”.

“There you go, sweetie.”, the shopkeeper said with a bright smile. “Thank you very much.”, Namjoon thanked her politely. He picked at the lettuce, nibbling on it absentmindedly while thinking about how he could use his allotted time at the studio the most efficiently. He snapped out of his thoughts and quickly finished his sandwich and juice. Feeling slightly more revitalised, he paid the bill and was on his way to meet his friend.

He still ended up being a bit early and was waiting outside the building, playing with his phone, when he got slapped on the shoulder. “What’s up!”, he looked up and laughed at the big grin that greeted him heartedly. “’Sup. You’re late.”, he said, pulling her snapback over her face. “Hell no! You were just early!”, the girl laughed at him, “So, you ready to go in?”. He stowed away his phone and nodded, “Sure.”.

“Hey, Erin, come over for a bit.”, he called out into the hall. She quickly walked up to him, “Yeah?”. He handed her the second pair of headphones, “Listen to this.”. She diligently put them on,  waiting for him to play the track. She bobbed her head along to the music, holding onto the headphones with one hand. Suddenly, she reached out for the mixing pad and paused it, “Don’t you think the bassline here is a bit too strong? It’s drowning out the melody.”. He rewinded shortly and listened carefully, “I get what you mean.. I’ll fix it.”. She laughed at him, “You don’t have to take my advice. Just play around with it some more.”. He chuckled, “I don’t take advice blindly, you know.”. She tapped his shades, “Well you certainly look like you might be blind.”. He playfully slapped her hand away, “You’re scratching them!”. She walked out again, still laughing.

Walking back home, Namjoon passed the same shops he had come by this morning. He didn’t pay them much mind, until he saw one that caught his eye. “Maybe I should buy her a little something?”, he thought to himself, smiling. He quickly went in the shop and picked out a gift. Whistling, he returned to the park. “Baby~ Come out to play~”, he called out, cooingly. He looked around the park, searching, when he finally found her sitting around the corner of the building. “Were you hiding?”, he chuckled as he squatted down. The gray-striped cat quickly walked up to him, purring at his welcome petting. “Look, I got you something!”, he said as he reached into his bag and pulled out the treats. “What the.. why is this so tough..”, he said, pulling at the little plastic bag, when suddenly, it ripped open completely. “Ah ..”, he whispered under his breath as he started picking up the small bits. The cat hastily snatched the ones he wasn’t quick enough for to pick up. He smiled at the animal, “I take it you like them then?”. The purring produced by the small feline increased noticeably, who started to bump her head against his legs. He was petting her contently, when he suddenly heard a sound behind him. He turned his head to inspect the source and found Taehyung standing there, curious look in his eyes. “Well what do you know.”, Taehyung chuckled darkly, “So this is where you’ve been sneaking off to.”

“Did you sleep well?”, Namjoon asked him. “Mhm, had a hangover though.”, the other nodded as he got closer to meet the animal. The cat instantly responded to the stranger by winding between his legs. A smile started to play over Taehyung’s lips as he reached down to pick up the ball of fur. “Hello there, nice to meet you. Do you have a name?”, he asked inquisitively. “I haven’t really thought of one yet.”, Namjoon said, “But I was thinking about naming her T.”. Taehyung looked at him, one eyebrow raised, “Tea as in tea that you drink or just the letter ‘T’?”. Namjoon shrugged his shoulders, “Either way works, but I meant the letter. Or latter.”. Taehyung rolled his eyes at the pun, as Namjoon chuckled to himself. Suddenly Taehyung let out a laugh. Namjoon looked at him in surprise, “What is it?”. Taehyung chuckled, “Sorry to break it to you, but this is a boy.”. Namjoon laughed at him, “Are you serious? I kinda thought it was a girl for some reason.”.

“It’s a boy all right.”, Taehyung nodded, “What does that mean for the name?”. Namjoon thought it over for a moment. He suddenly smiled, “What about Tobi?”. Taehyung smirked acknowledging the newly found nickname for the now confirmed male feline, “It’s cute.”.

Namjoon got up and let his finger be by the cat’s rough tongue, “Tobi it is then.”

 


Hello hello! We might be getting regular wifi, so updates might actually be regular after all. Also, the calm of being on holiday is giving me a lot of time and ideas to write, hehe. I figured it'd be nice to have a look at the other member's lives for a bit, so here we go. This chapter was dedicated to my dearest friend and RapMon fan, Nabila. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this! 

Much love, Poofles