Morning Rendezvous At The Castle Of Hearts

The Bangtan Tales
Taehyung in Wonderland
He had forgotten when this new routine had entered his life. Slowly but surely, he could feel the string of her web pull him and chain him to her. Don't misunderstand however, it was fully voluntary. His eyes had been searching hers for answers since the moment they had met. Taehyung shuddered. He wasn't one for overly romantic metaphors. He sighed and tightened his grip on the paper bag in his one hand and brought up his other to the handle of the door. He opened it carefully, knowing that his caution would be futile. He stepped into the apartment and surely, there she was, hunched over her camera. He chuckled at the familiar sight.
He sneaked up behind her and leaned over her shoulder to look at what she had set up today. A slender silver spoon gleamed brightly in the light of the morning sun, red juice from the strawberry she had stuck it in slowly trickling down the metal. He softly blew into her ear, making her jump. She looked at him angrily, her scarlet hair still messy from sleeping, before turning back to her earlier occupation. He laughed softly and walked back into the kitchen, putting down the brown bag and emptying it, stalling out its contents on the cupboards. He shortly took a whiff of one of the cups, making sure he had gotten them right and walked back to the table, putting today's coffee next to her. She looked up shortly and inquisitively, waiting for him to inform her on what he'd gotten her today. "Tiger Spice latte.", he said with a grin, "With soy milk and exactly thirteen shakes of cinnamon.". She raised an eyebrow and brought the cup up to her lips, letting herself adjust to the aroma. He knew she liked cinnamon. He had found that out the first week he'd started bringing her coffee. She disliked whipped cream. He found that out the first day, when he had mistakenly brought her a Bambino(*). 
 
She smiled contently and took a sip eagerly. He watched as she gulped down the hot liquid, not taking a break until she had downed at least half the cup. This was a good sign, he knew, and he instantly took a mental note of it. She gracefully placed the cup on the table and pushed away her strawberry composition, sitting herself down opposite of him. Her big eyes met his and stared at him in wonder as they always did. He chuckled. There wasn't a sight known to him that was as innocent as her. It was exactly for this reason, however, that he felt a slight pang of guilt in his gut, when he couldn't bring himself to stare back at her. It felt like she knew everything about him. Like her irises were immune to any walls or defenses he might have pulled up in his mind. He sighed shortly and took a sip of his mocha latte. When he faced her again, she had already lost interest and was staring out the window, trailing the rustling trees closely. "This is better.", he thought to himself as he observed the light that bounced off of her features, illuminating her softly. 
 
He heard a soft click behind him, followed by a door creaking open. He inclined his head slightly and couldn't help but snicker when he saw Jimin's confused face mixed with annoyance. "Why the hell are you this early?", the still half-asleep boy asked him. Taehyung laughed, "I came to say hi, neighbour. Also, to tell you to hurry up. We're leaving for practice in exactly ten minutes.". Jimin's eyes got wider, "Ten!? Ah, . Can you make me a sandwich? I'll jump in the shower real quick.". Taehyung shook his head, "Tch tch, I suppose I could. Just make sure you're ready in time, ok?". Jimin had already left for the bathroom and yelled back, "Sure! Thanks bro!". 
After precisely eight minutes, the bathroom door slammed open again and a steaming Jimin flew past, back into Senna's bedroom. A muffled exchange of words could be heard, followed by a sloppy, quick kiss. Taehyung handed Jimin his sandwich when he came out of the room again and ushered him out the door, turning around at the last moment. "I'll see you tomorrow, Ilse.", giving her a quick wink. He grinned contently when she turned away seemingly icily, but he could see the tips of her ears, that seemed to always stick out of her hair a little, turn pink.
 

He had been following her for days, weeks now.

Whenever the girl went, the feline followed.

He watched her pick flowers.

He watched her listen to the singing birds.

He watched her gently wash herself in a secluded pond.

He felt the inexplicable need to know every inch of her,

yet there was one thing that stopped him.

There was one looming feeling of fear that stopped him.

What if that meant she would get to know him too.

 


*A Bambino is a coffee that's half straight black coffee and half hot chocolate, with whipped cream and chocolate syrup as a topping. It's a drink usually favourited by younger girls since it's sweet as hell.