Sidestory - Inside The Mad Hatter's Mind

The Bangtan Tales
Jimin stared coldly at the ceiling as he lay on his bed, hands intertwined behind his head. A constatn flow of thoghts flooded his mind. He was mad. Mad at Taehyung for being an . At her, for creating this mess. At himself, for dealing with it destructively. At the members, for not stopping him when he lost it. He sighed an angry sigh as he brought up his hands from behind his head. He traced the scabbed skin absentmindedly while thinking of the meal she had prepared, of how alluring she had looked in her dress, of how perfectly romantic that evening should have been. Quick to follow, however, were the memories of her sharp words. He closed his eyes preemtively and focused on regulating his breathing. "In through the nose, out through the mouth.", he whispered to himself. 
What truly bothered him wasn't not knowing her name, it was Taehyung knowing before he did. Regardless of whether she had actually told him or not, it made his blood boil. Of course he could've found out ages ago. He could've checked the name tag on her mailbox, the mail in her apartment, her wallet. But he didn't. He had wanted to her it from her, not from that sly prick. He had no guarantee Taehyung had even spoken the truth though. For all he knew, the bastard had just started for the sake of stirring things up. If that had been his intention.. "He sure as hell succeeded.", Jimin mumbled.
 
He was about to text her, when there was a knocking on his door. He reluctantly got up and went to open it. In walked Yoongi, followed shortly by Seokjin. The pair sat down on Namjoon's bed, as Jimin got back onto his. "Hey man..", Yoongi started tentatively, "What happened earlier.. I get you're pissed off, but lashing out like that isn't going to solve anything.". Jimin scoffed at his words, "It got rid of a tiny bit of my anger.". He heard Seokjin let out a sigh, "Yes, but at what cost? I mean, now you're still upset, the group is caught between the crossfire, Taehyung's run off somewhere-..". Jimin's eyes shot up, "Where did he go?".
 
"He didn't say.", Yoongi replied. "But..", he added as he checked his phone, "Namjoon and Hoseok are looking for him.Anyway, forget about him for a mooment. What's going on with you?". Jimin sighed as he ruffled a hand through his hair, "I-.. I'm not sure. This was supposed to be a perfect night, I mean, she'd cooked and everything. She looked amazing as well. Taehyung.. He just messed with my head. He's right though, I mean, it's weird as that I don't know her name, right? I'm basically her boyfriend by now, aren't I?". Seokjin and Yoongi shared a look. "What?", Jimin asked. "Well, obviously I don't know her as well as you do, but are you sure you guys are that  serious?", Seokjin asked carefully. Jimin stared at him in disbelief.  
 
"I know her a little and she doesn't seem like the type to around, but.. you never know.", Yoongi said, shrugging his shoulders.
Jimin felt his temper start to act up again. This time, however, he composed himself and after taking a slow, deep breath, he answered, "You don't know what she's like when we're alone. She wouldn't do that. I know that and yet I-..", the pair eyed him inquisitively, waiting for him to finish. "No, nevermind.", Jimin shook his heaad, trying to forget the words he had snarled at her. 
Yoongi's phone buzzed, alerting the three boys. 
 
Tae's at the neighbour's. Don't. Tell. Jimin.
 
Yoongi casually put his phone away again. "They can't find him, they're heading back.", he said, answering the other two's curiousity.
 
Suddenly, Jimin got up. "I should go talk to her.", he said resolutely. Yoongi sighed, internally searching desperately for an excuse to keep him in the apartment. Fortunately, Seokjin spoke up, "Don't you think it'd be better to sleep on it?". Seokjin shed him a kind sile, "You need to give her a little space, trust me.". Jimin looked at him, letting his advice play over in his mind. He closed his eyes and let himself fall back onto bed, "If you say so.. I guess you're right. Tomorrow's a new day." Yoongi nodded at his words, "Exactly. So let's fix things when we've all slept properly for a change.". Jimin copied him and nodded a short nod, "Let's."
 
Yoongi and Seokjin stuck around for a while longer and they ended up playing 4-player video games against Jimin and Jeongguk in their living room. Thusly allowing Jimin to temporarily forget abut his fight and leaving him oblivious to the fact that, at that moment, a very bored cat had his lover in its claws.
 

 

He had finally found a place to keep his head dry.

On and on the storm raged.

His hands found support on the softly mossed bark.

He couldn't help but worry whether she was safe as well.

He looked up at the sky and was greatly surprised,

for no clouds were to be seen from whence the rain might come.

He twiddled his thumbs and mumbled to himself,

"Curiouser and curiouser"