Once Upon a Smoke Filled Night

The Bangtan Tales
Little Red Riding Jimin
The light of the laptop bathed the fine features of her face in a blueish light. She was on the verge of exhaustion and decided it was time for her little ritual. She wasn't able to sleep properly anymore lately, if she hadn't had a cigarette first. She carefully opened the door to her balcony as to not wake up her roommate. A gust of evening wind greeted her coldly, biting at her bare legs.
"Isn't it supposed to be summer by now? Geez.." She buried her face deeper into her hoodie, pulled at the hood and dug into the pockets, looking for her pack. Expertly, she lit her first cigarette of the day. 
"Auff.. that's better." She leaned over the balcony, looking up at the stars and parting her elegant lips, letting out a trail of thin smoke. Absentmindedly, she started humming a melody that had been stuck in her head for a while now. 
 
"If that's Ursa Major then Cassiopeia is.."
Absolutely content with this routine end to a busy day, she started drawing the constellations into the night sky with a slender finger. She liked the way her hands became silhouettes in the moonlight. She let her gaze wander over the small park below and spotted a figure walking down the path to the apartment complex. The silhouette this mystery person created gave off an air of confidence. She could faintly hear him singing an unfamiliar song and dancing while moving along the winding path. It seemed to her that this person must be around her age. She chuckled lightly to herself, put out her nearly finished cigarette and chucked the stub over the railing. She admired his supple movements and couldn't help but laugh a little when he nearly tripped over a large branch that had fallen down. 
 
"Good evening!", she called out.The figure stopped dead in his tracks and started looking around, confusedly, trying to find the source of the sudden greeting. "Quite a nice evening, don't you think?", she called out once more. This time, the stranger was able to spot her right away. She smiled, not sure if her face was even possible to see.
 
"Good evening to you too, miss." His slightly raspy voice replied. He sounded younger than she'd thought from observing his figure earlier.
"How come you're out and about so late?" She asked cheekily.
"I happened to be paying a visit to my grandmother, she is very ill." He returned with equal cheek.
She snickered.
"Your grandmother must be quite the spirited old lady, for her to receive guests at 4AM." She could hear him chuckling softly.
"Well, what can I say. It runs in the family." Finally, he stepped closer and into the yellowish light of the streetlights that outlined the park. She could now perfectly see the relief of his collarbones and the self-assured smirk that graced his lips.
"Jimin.", he simply said.
"Nice to meet you, Jimin.", she said with a kind smile.
He looked a little thrown off when she didn't proceed by introducing herself, but watched her light a cigarette. He tried his best not to stare at her lips, gently at the rolled-up little death stick. Jimin despised the smell that came with smoking, but could always appreciate the air of class some people could lend it.
"What a shame that a woman as beautiful as you, would be destroying herself like that." He remarked, slightly scared of sounding too patronizing.
Luckily, she chuckled.
"Are you trying to tell me that you're not 'destroying' yourself as well? Coming home at a time like this and with a smell.. I can smell the whiskey from up here, you know."
"Ah, you've got me.", his annoying smirk resurfaced again. She let his tone pass by her. 
 
They stood there for a while, him on the ground, wondering who this strange woman was. She, looking down at the young mystery man she had met by strange chance. Neither of them knew what to talk about, yet neither of them wanted to leave.
"Achoo!" Her ears perked at the seemingly sweet sneeze that came from beneath her.
She glanced over the railing.
"That sounded awfully cute."
"Aren't you going to bless me?", he looked up at her expectantly and gave a quick wink, smirk not leaving his face once.
"I don't think you've deserved my blessing yet.", she looked away quickly, blushing softly, "Anyway, it's long past your bedtime, so good night." 
A short scoff was heard.
"Sure sure, sweet dreams, miss Cat-ears. Until we meet again." He mockingly made a little curtsy and took his leave.
She blushed a bright red, the ears attached to the hood of her hoodie.
"I forgot I was wearing this silly thing.. Ugh." She made her way back inside.
After quickly checking on her roommate, who, fortunately, was still soundly asleep, she softly walked into her own room and made herself comfortable under her blankets. She thought of 'Jimin' for a moment and smiled to herself. She was intrigued and was quickly off to her own land of imagination.