Dreams

Immortal Sarang

"Yeobo~" someone said in a cute, childish tone. Jonghyun turned around, knowing who the voice belonged to.

"IU?" Jonghyun asked. Before he knew it, he was at a fancy restaurant alone with IU. He was sitting down on a chair with IU sitting across from him. IU smiled brightly. She was wearing a simple black dress, which surprisingly dazzled in front of Jonghyun's eyes. The light in the room was dim, but the candle in the middle of the table seemed like it brightened the room. 

"Say 'ah!'" IU said sweetly. Jonghyun smiled, as food appeared on the small, round table. The table was covered with a snow-white cloth that draped down the table. Jonghuyn opened his mouth, making a long, 'ahhh' sound. He slowly closed his eyes as IU fed him a piece of steak. Jonghyun chewed slowly, as his thoughts went wild. Being with IU alone in a fancy restaurant during dinner was something beyond Jonghyun's imagination.

"Is it good?" IU asked, staring at Jonghyun with curious, soft eyes. Jonghyun shot his eyes opened, grinning at IU.

"Yeah– AH!!" Jonghyun screamed. For some reason, IU was suddenly replaced with Se Kyung. Se Kyung stared at Jonghuyn innocently.

"Wae Yeobo? Is something wrong?" Se Kyung asked, pouting like a lonely puppy. Jonghyun stared at Se Kyung and stiffened. Se Kyung smiled and fed Jonghyun a piece of steak. For some reason, when IU fed Jonghyun a piece of steak, it tasted better than when Se Kyung fed Jonghyun a steak, even though it was the same steak. Jonghyun gulped, as sweated poured down his forehead. He took a deep breath and exhaled uncomfortably. If this is a dream, wake me up now! Jonghyun thought, shutting his eyes tightly.


"GAH!" Jonghyun gasped, as he sat right up. Onew and Key groaned and squirmed a bit. 

"Ya… Jjong, go to sleep," Key mumbled, shutting his eyes tightly.

"Chicken, is that you?" Onew asked in awe. Key groaned.

"His chicken-ness is getting annoying. Ya, Onew, go to sleep!" Key grumbled, throwing his pillow at Onew. Onew moaned, as he tasted his morning breath with his tongue. Jonghyun felt cold, sticky sweat on his bare skin. He suddenly remember his dream and sighed. Curling himself into a ball, he thought about IU and Se Kyung. Another dream about IU. Then, Se Kyung had to ruin my dream. What am I thinking? What do I want? Jonghyun wondered sadly, feeling great depression.


"Omo, omo!" IU yelped, suddenly waking up from a dream, "Na mi chyuh gan da (I'm going crazy)." Why would I ever have a dream about feeding Jonghyun oppa? Then after that, Jonghyun oppa disappeared… and then Yoseob appeared in my other dream. He was… what was Yoseob doing again? Aigoo, I'm crazy! IU thought, groaning.


"Ugh… I must be missing Jonghyun oppa too much. It's been a while since we went on a real date," Se Kyung sighed deeply, thinking about all the good times she had spent with her boyfriend. Suddenly, a drop of tear fell on Se Kyung's pillow. Why am I crying? Stop crying, Se Kyung! Jonghyun will be disappointed, Se Kyung scolded herself, wiping her tears with her fragile hand.


"What a good dream I had!" Yoseob said aloud with a goofy grin.

"YA SHADDUP!" Doojoon shouted, slamming his fist against the wall in irritation. Yoseob pouted as he thought about his dream with IU. That was such a good dream, though! Me on the meadow, lying down with my head on IU's lap and IU playing with my hair. I wish that was real, Yoseob thought, sighing dreamily as he replayed his dream with IU earlier in his mind. He couldn't help but put up another goofy grin.


Jonghyun slammed his fist against the wall.

"Urgh! Jonghyun, be quiet! I need my beauty sleep!" Key scolded, as Onew mumbled something.

"There's chicken in the fridge, Jonghyun, if you can't sleep," Onew muttered, "That always help me go to sleep."

"No, he needs warm milk. That makes everyone go to sleep," Key murmured, digging his face in his pillow. Jonghyun sighed, as he glanced at the clock. 4:00 A.M. He quickly got up, wore his sweater and sweatpants, and headed out the door. He wanted to refresh his mind. Do I love IU or Se Kyung? he wondered, It's always the same answer whenever I ask myself. I love both girls! Should I talk over this with someone? 

Jonghyun sighed deeper this time. There were too many things going through his mind. 

"Jjong oppa?" Se Kyung callde. Jonghyun turned around swift and found Se Kyung in her sweat jacket and sweat pants. The two softly smiled at each other, but Se Kyung smiled brighter than Jonghyun. This made Jonghyun weak.

"Mm, Se Kyung! You're out for a run or something?" Jonghyun asked, putting his hands casually into his sweat pants pocket. Se Kyung giggled.

"No, just, well, um… Jonghyun oppa, when are we going for another date?" Se Kyung asked, blushing slightly. Jonghuyn blinked at Se Kyung, dumbfounded. That's right, he thought, I haven't been on a date with her for a long time. I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, Se Kyung, Jonghyun thought sadly, as he smiled dimly.

"Uh… soon," he answered back. Se Kyung frowned, obviously displeased with the answer.

"Soon? How long is soon?" Se Kyung questioned.

"I don't know, Se Kyung! I'm been busy with promotions, going to France, Immortal Song 2, and IU–" Jonghyun stopped himself, covering his mouth his one of his hand. Se Kyung raised an eyebrow.

"I… U?" Se Kyung repeated slowly. Jonghyun shook his head.

"I mean, I and you! You know, being together… Like, how long are we going to keep our relationship?" Jonghyun said carefully, making sure not to blurt out IU's name. Se Kyung giggled and pulled Jonghyun into a hug.

"As long as we love each other, Jjong oppa, we'll always be together, no matter what happens," Se Kyung simply said, diving into a morning kiss. Jjong didn't reply with a nod or anything. He kept quiet, as he slowly closed his eyes. But what happens if I don't love you and I love IU? What's going to happen to you? Jonghyun wondered.