Planning A Confession

Immortal Sarang

Jonghyun stood quiet. He couldn't believe his ears during the whole conversation with Se Kyung. We…I…That was pretty easy, Jonghyun thought. He thought that breaking up would be harder and more painful, but it went pretty smoothly with Se Kyung. Jonghyun quickly stared down at his phone. Suddenly, a smile formed. He quickly texted IU something and threw his phone on his bed. He ran to the living room, where everyone else was.

"Hey Jonghyun! Are you okay?" Onew asked. Jonghyun nodded and clapped his hands loudly.

"I have something to say!" Jonghyun announced. The room died down and the four boys turned their focus to Jonghyun. Jonghyun cleared his throat nervously. "Se Kyung and I…have broken up!"

Everyone stood quiet. Minho cleared his throat awkwardly. This news was shocking, yet Jonghyun kept a smile. He seemed really happy that he broke up with Se Kyung.

"So…" Minho said, rotating his hands. Jonghyun stared at Minho confusingly.

"So?" Jonghyun repeated.

"How did it go?" Minho asked.

"It went pretty smoothly, I guess. She's the one who broke up with me in the first place anyways," Jonghyun, shrugging his shoulders casually.

"Is that all?" Key asked. For some reason, the news seemed dull and boring to him. Jonghyun bit his lips nervously.

"Er, no…" Jonghyun mumbled.

"So what's the second news?" Taemin asked curiously.

"Um…I told IU that I'd meet her at SBS building after she was done MCing on Sunday," Jonghyun said a bit too quickly. 

"For what?" Onew questioned, scooping a spoonful of rice.

"I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend," Jonghyun stated. Onew dropped his spoon, Key dropped the pillow he was cuddling with, Minho dropped the remote, and Taemin dropped his mouth wide open.

"MWOH?!" the four boys screeched loudly. Jonghyun bit his lips.

"But that's tomorrow!" Minho shouted.

"Can you really find a way to confess to IU by tomorrow? I mean, it's already getting pretty late," Key pointed out.

"That's why I need your help. I need someone to pick out my clothes–"

"Let Onew and me do that. We're best at doing that," Key said, pointing at him and Onew. Onew widened his eyes in shock as if he didn't want to do it.

"Alright. I also need someone to find out a bit of what IU likes," Jonghyun added. Everyone kept quiet and glanced at Key.

"Aish…but I really want to do the clothes!" Key complained.

"Oh yeah, and I need someone to help me find a way to confess to IU," Jonghyun said. Minho raised his hand.

"I can help with that," Minho said.

"Oh really? Since when did you know how to confess to a girl?" Taemin smirked.

"Leave the confessing job to the Flaming Charisma!" Minho said, pounding his chest proudly with his fist. Jonghyun nodded calmly.

"Okay. So, Onew and Taemin, you're clothes! Key, you find what IU likes, and Minho, come with me," Jonghyun said.

"But I want to–" Key stopped as he earned a glare from everyone.

"Get. To. Work," Jonghyun demanded as he disappeared with Minho inside his room. Onew and Taemin walked out of the house, as Key grabbed the phone.

"Sheesh, and I said I wanted to pick out clothes first," Key mumbled.


IU was at home, practicing and memorizing her MC lines. She took a deep breath and smiled at the mirror. She looked down at the index cards and started practicing. Right when she was going to say something, her phone rang loudly, informing her that she had just received a text message. She swiftly grabbed her phone from her bed and read the message.

To: IU ^_^

From: Jjong ;D

Can we meet after you're doing with Inkigayo? I'll wait at the SBS building. Let's meet, okay?

This is perfect, IU thought, smiling happily, I can confess my feelings to Jonghyun when I get to meet it! Arraso, hwaiting IU! 

When IU was about to reply back to Jonghyun, a phone call came in. IU sighed, and noticed that it was Key. That's weird, she thought, Key rarely calls me.

"Yoboseyo?" IU answered.


"Yoboseyo?" IU answered. Key sighed in relief. Good, I thought she wasn't with her phone or something, Key thought. He cleared his throat and looked down at his notepad. It was full of questions, but he only chose the most important questions.

"IU, one of my good friend has a little crush on you. Actually, he's a huge fan, and asked me to answer some of these questions," Key said. 

"Oh really? Well, Key oppa, I'm a bit busy right now…"

"Please? It'll take less than a minute!" Key pleaded. He heard IU giggle sweetly and agree. He smiled back and tapped his pencil against the question.

"Okay, question one: What…"


"I love you, IU, and I will forever be with you in your heart–Oh, forget this Minho!" Jonghyun grumbled. "I don't want to sound cheesy or romantic or anything."

"But that's what girls are looking for! Again," Minho demanded. Jonghyun groaned and cleared his throat.


"This really is Key's kind of job," Onew sighed, looking at the many rows of tuxedos. "I mean, which one are we supposed to pick?"

"The brown one suits nicely, don't you think?" Taemin asked. 

"It'll make him look like a monkey. You remember how we doodled on Jonghyun's face with brown on 'Hello Baby', right? He looked like a monkey," Onew said, chuckling at the faint memory. Taemin smiled and nodded.

"Oh yeah! I remember! My face was out. Keke," Taemin giggled. He turned around and jumped in surprise when he noticed workers taking pictures of him. He sighed. What am I supposed to pick for Jonghyun hyung? he wondered, flipping through all the suits.