Break Up

Immortal Sarang

Jonghyun woke up feeling heavy and dizzy. He groaned and called for water. The next thing he knew, a cold glass of water was in his hands. He quickly gulped it while lying down. The water seemed to have cleared his mind, since he was now able to sit up a bit. He opened one eye and realized Taemin lying on his bed. He widened his eyes in shock.

"Taemin?!" he shouted. Taemin shot his eyes wide opened and grinned at Jonghyun.

"Hello!" he greeted enthusiastically. Jonghyun glared at Taemin and pushed him off the bed with his feet. Taemin yelped and fell hard on his bottom, groaning. "Aish…hyung!"

"Gosh, my head feel dizzy," Jonghyun mumbled, rubbing his heavy head.

"Do you remember anything with a little someone who came over yesterday?" Taemin asked, smiling ear to ear. Jonghyun scrunched his eyebrows, focusing hard. A picture came into his mind, but it was fuzzy. He groaned and lied back down on the bed.

"No, I don't. It's too fuzzy," Jonghyun sighed, putting his arm over his eyes. Taemin tried to pull his own hair.

'NO!!!! MY ULTIMATE PLAN IS RUINED!" Taemin whined loudly, awaking the other members. Onew and Minho ran into the room, while Key was quickly combing his hair at the other room.

"Taemin, are you alright?" Onew asked quickly. Minho glanced at Jonghyun, who seemed pale.

"Ya…hyung, are you alright?" Minho asked quietly. Jonghyun stood quiet and ignored what Minho said. A picture appeared in his head again, but this time clearer. He focused even harder on the picture, hoping to know who the person he had kissed was. If it's one of my members, I'm so dead, Jonghyun thought. The picture became clearer and clearer until…


~Flash Back~

"I love you, IU. I really do. Why are you avoiding me? I did nothing wrong. Why don't you believe me? I didn't break up with Se Kyung or anything yet."

"J-J-Jonghyun oppa! You're too close!" 

"Why?" Jonghyun whispered, now centimeters away from IU's lips, "I…love you." IU shut her eyes tightly as Jonghyun crashed his lips against IU's.

~Flash Back Ended~


Jonghyun groaned. He groaned so loudly, his heart began to ache when the memory replayed in his mind. He rubbed his face and groaned. IU must really hate me right now, Jonghyun thought, heaving a sigh.

"Oh no…Oh no," Jonghyun moaned, as his head began to feel dizzy. Jonghyun stared at s with only his head lifting up. "Did anyone see me kiss IU?" 

The members kept quiet as Key entered in. He had heard Jonghyun's question as he came into the room. Minho, Onew, and Key stared at Taemin as if it was Taemin's fault. Taemin whistled a tune and looked around, leaning against the wall. Jonghyun groaned. Cures you Taemin! Jonghyun thought, gritting his teeth. 


"Ji Eun-ah!" 

IU quickly turned around. She was simply wearing a hat, a pair of dark sunglasses, a t-shirt, and a skirt that went up to her knees. Her heart started nervously racing as her palm got sweaty. Yoseob, wearing a black hood and worn out jeans, smiled at IU. IU smiled back. In public, Yoseob was told to call IU her real name, while IU had to call Yoseob 'yeobo.'

"Yeobo!" IU called back shyly, as Yoseob approached in front of her. He smiled and took a deep breath through his nose.

"Isn't it a lovely day today?" Yoseob asked. IU pressed her lips tightly against each other. Yes, it is, IU thought, But it'll turn to a bad day for you, Yoseob-ah.

"Yeah, it is," IU agreed, nodding her head. She took a deep breath calmly and cleared . "Look, yeobo, we have to talk." Yoseob smiled.

"Sure, we can talk," Yoseob said, as the two began walking through the park. IU nodded slowly as she gulped down her salvia slowly. Why is it so hard to tell him? IU wondered, biting her bottom lips.

"You see…It's about our relationship," IU began, staring at Yoseob's facial expression, "I…I think we have to break up." Yoseob stopped his tracks as his sneakers squeaked.

"What?" he asked, dropping his mouth wide opened.

"Look, I know that it's only been, what, three days since we dated, but I don't believe that Jonghyun is a player and–"

"He's a total player. He first flirted with Jessica, then broke up with Se Kyung, and then he's heading straight for you. You don't have to worry about him or anything," Yoseob said coldly. IU played with her fingers a bit.

"I…I don't believe it. I don't believe that Jonghyun oppa is a player. I believe that he really likes me. I really, really do–"

"He's a player! Stop being blinded by his actions–"

"I'm not blind, Yoseob! You are!" IU shouted. She quickly covered , realizing that she had said Yoseob's name aloud. She glanced at the park, and relieved a sigh. No one was there, so she was safe. For now. Yoseob was stunned. He didn't know what to say back. He didn't know whether to let IU go or to keep her in his arms. I'm not blind, Yoseob thought, Am I?

"Yoseob…It's over between us. Face the fact that you're blind, arraso?" IU said softly, turning around. As she was about to take a step, she felt someone tightly grab her wrist. IU turned around and noticed Yoseob's angry expression. She gulped nervously, as Yoseob grabbed his hood.

"I'm…I'm going to tell everyone about our relationship," Yoseob started. IU widened her eyes.

"What?" 

"I'm…I'm…I'm going to prove that we're together and you love me only," Yoseob said, laughing hysterically. He's gone mad, IU thought.

"Yoseob, you…"

"I'm…I'm…I'M!–"

SLAP! Yoseob stood still. The wind stopped blowing, the trees stopped swaying, and the atmosphere got tense. IU was shocked at her own action. She just slapped Yoseob's really hard, as his slapped cheek began to turn red. Yoseob started shaking. He was too confused now. What was going on?

"Yoseob oppa," IU started. Yoseob stared slowly at IU. Oppa, Yoseob thought, She called me oppa. The first time she really called me that by heart.

"N-Neh?" Yoseob stuttered, still shaking. He couldn't let go of the fact that IU had just slapped him. IU slowly reached for Yoseob's injured cheek and caressed it.

"Oppa…You're scared. You're scared about losing our friendship together. You're not in love with me. You know that very well, right?" IU asked. Yoseob nodded. She's right, Yoseob thought, laughing calmly, I'm not really in love. I'm just scared that something would happen between us like what happened at our special stage together. IU finally smiled naturally and backed away.

"We're over, arraso?" IU said softly. Yoseob stared at her for a moment, and then nodded.

"Arraso, we're over," Yoseob agreed. The two smiled at each other and turned around. They walked away from each other, separating their ways. IU took a deep breath and slowly touched her lips. Now for the final thing to do: Confess to Jonghyun oppa.

 

A/N: So as you can see, the fanfic might end soon :( I think it'll end in the next chapter? I don't know :P