So He's Jonghyun?

Immortal Sarang

"I'm in my dreamm!!!!~~" IU sang loudly, as the crowd cheered wildly. Her talent of singing 3 octaves high had raised her popularity higher than she had expected. She was even more popular than before, and was even happier. 

After she finished her song, she bowed quickly and went down to head to her own private room. She locked herself in the room and sighed deeply. She was alone. Finally! Her room was so crowded and busy earlier, she just wanted some privacy to herself. Suddenly, her phone started ringing to her "Good Day" song. She stared at the caller for a second, and then flipped it open.

"Key-ssi!" IU exclaimed, greeting the fellow singer.

"IU! I just saw your performance! I was really impressed! I'm glad your fashion sense improved a bit," Key praised, as IU laughed.

"Please, I just wore whatever the coordi noona told me to," IU said truthfully, spinning herself on her chair. She heard Key chuckling at her.

"Arraso. Hey, Jjong is calling me. I'll see you later," Key said, as he hung up. IU sighed as she spun herself again, bored. Jjong… Who was Jjong again? IU wondered, dialing her best friend, Jiyeon's, phone number. She waited for a while as she stared at the television screen. She spotted Jiyeon performing on stage right then. She sighed and hung up. I'll have to call Jiyeon unnie later. Meanwhile…

IU quickly dialed some numbers. She placed her phone besides her ear and waited for the caller to pick up. She sighed as she stared at herself in the mirror. C'mon… Pick up! IU pleaded.

"Ji Eun-ah?" a female voice called.

"Umma!" IU exclaimed excitedly, "Did you see me perform on stage?" 

"Ani… But your Abeoji did," IU's mother said. IU bit her lips, disappointed. Again? Umma didn't watch me perform again? IU thought sadly, depressed. The only real supporter IU had was her father, who was currently busy with work. However, he always made time to watch IU perform, and IU was grateful for that.

"Ah… I see," IU mumbled.

"Lee Ji Eun, your father is so busy with work, he's always making some time for watching your show. You should tell your father to stop watching your performances, or else he's going to be behind his work," IU's mother scolded. IU bit her lips, hurt.

"Ah… Neh, I'll tell him," IU responded, "But Appa never listens to me."

"Aigoo… Arasso, arasso, I'll tell him again. Now, honey, I have to go. Bye!" her mother sighed, hanging up. IU pouted sadly and hung up, too, as she sighed deeply. She wiped her screen with her sleeve, as someone knocked on the door.

"Ji Eun? It's me, Jiyeon Unnie! I got your call earlier!" Jiyeon said, knocking on the door.

"Ah, okay! I'm coming!" Ji Eun answered, getting up to unlock the door. She unlocked it, and Jiyeon literary attacked her. IU gasped and scooted to the side, which caused Jiyeon to fall on the ground. With a loud yelp, Jiyeon regained her conscious. IU bit her lips apologetically, as she closed the door.

"Ah… M-Mian," Ji Eun apologized. Jiyeon groaned as she jumped back up and smiled brightly.

"Totally fine! It's mine fault for leaning against the door. You were a bit slow, so I thought something happened to you," Jiyeon giggled, as IU stuck her tongue out.

"Please, I'm a star, Unnie! Nothing's going to happen to me. Anyways, I need your help on researching someone," IU said. Jiyeon frowned.

"Sorry, but I'm a bit busy. Maybe I can go to your house later today?" Jiyeon said hopefully. IU nodded in agreement.

"Sure, no problem," IU said with a bright smile. Jiyeon nodded as she left to meet with her members. IU sighed and typed on something on her laptop. As she scrolled down some boring topics about her, she stopped at a particular topic. What's this? IU wondered, clicking on the website. She raised an eyebrow, noticing that she was being compared with SHINee's Jonghyun and her high-pitch voice in IU's "Good Day" and Jonghyun in S.M THE BALLAD'S "Hot Time." IU frowned and groaned.

"Just who on earth is this Kim Jonghyun?!" IU complained.


"Yeah, Jjong?" Key answered, googling stuff about him and SHINee on the internet. Taemin was playing thumb wars with Minho, who always won. Onew was driving, so ignored whatever was happening with the rest of the members and focused on driving.

"Hey, I was surfing the web recently, and I found out I was being compared with someone named IU. I remember you mentioning her and working with her. Who's she?" Jonghyun asked. Key raised an eyebrow.

"Woah, woah! You interested in her?" Key asked, holding his chuckle back. Taemin widened his eyes in distraction, so Minho was able to win the game again.

"I won!" Minho cheered. Taemin noticed that he lost in defeat and glared at Minho.

"No fair!" Taemin pouted, " Jonghyun wants to break up with Se Kyung!" Minho widened his eyes and turned to Key.

"What?!" Minho exclaimed.

"No, he's not breaking up with Se Kyung! Taemin, don't jump into conclusions like that," Key scolded, turning his focus back to his call with Jonghyun. Jonghyun laughed heartily.

"As if. I'm just wondering who she is," Jonghyun said truthfully. He was at a cafe in disguise with Se Kyung. Se Kyung was Jonghyun's dear girlfriend, and he couldn't have been happier. She showed Jonghyun on the laptop that he was being compared by a now-popular girl named IU. 

"IU? Hm… she's very shy, and at the beginning, I thought she was rude. She barely wants to speak with you, and she mostly doesn't want to talk anyways, unless she knows you. When you get along with her, she talks a lot. Once you get to know her, she's really sweet and kind. I don't think she's particularly a B2ST fan, since she throws them an awkward look and everything, specially towards Yoseob, who is a totally WILD fanboy of hers," Key informed.

"How about her "Good Day" promotion?" Jonghyun asked, typing in 'IU' on Google. He found pictures of her, as he continued to scroll down.

"Her "Good Day" promotion? Whew, Jonghyun, I don't know what to say, but she's AWESOME! My voice would CRACK when I sing that high! Minho's voice would definitely crack, though," Key snickered.

"Hey! I heard that!" Minho shouted in the background. Jonghyun smirked and chuckled along.

"Ha, ha. Very funny. Well, I have to go on my date with Se Kyung. She's getting impatient by the minute," Jonghyun laughed, glancing at his cute girlfriend, who was pouting sadly like a lonely puppy. Key laughed along, as they exchanged 'good-byes' together.


"Wah… So he's Jonghyun?" IU asked, pointed at the screen. Jiyeon happily smiled and giggled.

"He's a cutie, isn't he?" Jiyeon asked, wiggling his eyebrows. IU turned red in embarrassment.

"Y-YA!…" IU said with a pout.

"Well, too bad he has a girlfriend!" Jiyeon said, sighing. IU raised an eyebrow curiously.

"He does?" IU asked.

"Yeah! Her name is Shin Se Kyung. You know, the actress? They got caught on camera while going out on a date, and boy, were people angry!" Jiyeon laughed, closing the laptop screen. IU just nodded silently. She knew it was a sad thing for two stars that were a couple to be caught by the media. Some couples were forced to break up, while others continued dating quietly.

"Are they still dating?" IU asked, as she stood up politely to see Jiyeon leave her house safely. Jiyeon smirked.

"Why, interested?" Jiyeon asked. IU turned deep red, embarrassed. 

"N-No… Just curious," IU defended. Jiyeon laughed out loud and hugged her best friend.

"Aigoo! You're so easy to tease! Nobody really knows, actually. Ever since people found out that they were dating, nobody knew what happened to the couple," Jiyeon explained as she adjusted her bag. As Jiyeon left IU's house, IU watched Jiyeon carefully to see if she was heading home safely. After IU had a good feeling that Jiyeon was safe, she closed the door and ran back to her computer. She opened her laptop screen and giggled, as she quickly typed something on Google.

"Kim Jonghyun… Let's get some for information on you," IU whispered.

"Ji Eun! Come downstairs and eat dinner!" her mother called. IU sighed and quitted out of her application and closed her laptop. She got up and ran downstairs.

"Neh!" IU responded.

 

A/N: So as you can see, this is an extra long chapter! ^_^ Sorry for the long wait! D: