The Conference

Immortal Sarang

Few Days Later…

Cameras started flashing wildly, reporters started asking questions, and stars began to slowly make their entrance into the conference room. It was finally that day. Today was the Immortal Song 2's Press Conference, and the stars were as nervous as they were when they were all rookies and trainees. Jonghyun made his way out, his heart beating as fast a racing horse. How did I even get here? Jonghyun wondered, thinking back.


Flash Back…

"Please sir! This is really important and I don't want to miss such a thing!" Jonghyun pleaded, folding his hands and begging on his knees. His manager sighed once more.

"No," his manager refused, as a phone call came up. Right before Jonghyun's manager was able to pick up the call, Jonghyun unplugged the cord. The phone stopped ringing. His manager widened his eyes and stared at Jonghyun.

"Jonghuyn, what are you doing? Plug it back on! It could be someone important! I'm expecting a call from someone–" 

"Oh really? Then… first sign this contract!" Jonghyun demanded, pulling out the 'Immortal Song 2' contract. His manager bit his lips angrily.

"Jonghyun, is this really necessary?"

"Yes it is, sir! Please, just sign it! I promise I won't let anyone down! If I do, I'll quit this show right away! Please?" Jonghyun pleaded. His manager sighed deeply, since he had no choice. Jonghyun's manager wrote his signature angrily because his important call was waiting for him. After he signed, Jonghyun plugged the phone back. The phone was still ringing as his manager picked up the phone.

"Yoboseyo?" his manager answered.

"Hey, manager! Jonghyun told me to call you, and he wanted me to ask you when we're having chicken again. Are we going to have chicken tonight?" Onew asked. The manager gaped angrily at Jonghyun, who whistled innocently and looked around the room.

Flash Back Ended


Jonghyun smirked. He couldn't help it. It was funny fooling his manager like that. Suddenly, he heard his name being called out. He took a deep breath, adjusted his suit, and walked out. 

Suddenly, cameras started flashind wildly as Jonghyun sniffed a bit nervously. Smile, Jjong, smile! Jonghyun reminded himself as he smiled at the crowd. IU gaped at Jonghyun. She was a fan of Jonghyun's voice, but she heard that Jonghyun wouldn't make it to the show earlier. Yoseob  slightly grabbed IU's dress and nudged it from the bottom of the table to grab her attention, but she slowly pushed his hands away gently. As Jonghyun sat down and the host announced the MC, he smiled at IU. IU smiled back, as Yoseob began to feel jealous. However, Yoseob kept a straight face. Jonghyun leaned against IU and reached his hand down to his pocket as if he were to reach something.

"Annyeonghaseyo, IU-ssi," Jonghyun greeted, his mouth barely moving. IU didn't know what to say or do.

"Ah, neh, annyeonghaseyo," IU greeted back, doing a slight bow. As the MCs made their way to the table, reporters started to ask questions while others either took pictures or quickly typed up what the stars were saying.

Soon, a surprising discussion came up.

"IU-ssi, did you have any other singers in mind to join this program with you?" someone in the crowd asked. IU cleared and opened to speak. She glanced at the cast members, and stopped when she saw Jonghyun.

"I actually recommended SHINee's Jonghyun. I didn't think he'd be joining us here today like this. I am personally a fan of his voice," IU confessed, smiling at Jonghyun. Yoseob wanted to pout and talk to IU about that topic, but he kept a straight face. Jonghyun beamed and smiled. He had heard IU's "Good Day" song and couldn't believe his ears. She was amazing like Key had said! There was no chance that he would be able to win against the great IU!

"I actually didn't want IU-ssi to come on 'Immortal Song 2' because she's such an amazing singer. She's a vocalist whom I personally like a lot. I personally thought that maybe if one less person came out on the show, there'd be a greater chance for me to win," Jonghyun stated truthfully, as IU laughed. Seeing the two showering with each other compliment made Yoseob furious.

When asked about rivalary, Changmin immediately picked up the microphone, knowing who to name.

"IU-ssi," Changmin simply answered. Hyorin spoke up next, following what Changmin just said.

"I, too, think IU-ssi will be my rival," Hyorin stated. IU understood Hyorin, since they were both girls and the only girls on the show.

"Yes, I think IU-ssi is my rival, too," Jonghyun added, adding a soft chuckle at the end. Why am I everyone's rival? IU wondered. The MC picked up a microphone.

"Yes, um, IU-ssi, if you weren't here, we would've been much happier," the MC joked, as IU laughed happily. Yoseob and Jonghyun's ears rang like a bell when IU laughed. What am I thinking? I have Se Kyung! Aish… Bad Jjong! Jonghyun scolded himself. After a while, the singers were excused to talk to each other as they got off their seat. IU slowly walked up to Jonghyun as if Jonghyun would've bitten her if she weren't careful.

"A-Annyeonghaseyo, Jonghyun-ssi," IU greeted shyly. It had been a long time since she had ever met a SHINee member. She had often listened to their songs, especially Jonghyun's voice since it had somehow seemed to be in the "spotlight." Jonghyun smiled softly and blushed a bit.

"Annyeonghaseyo, IU-ssi. It's an honor to meet you," Jonghyun said with a confident smile. IU smiled brightly as she looked up. The two continued to create a friendly autmosphere. Changmin went up to IU and tapped her on the shoulder. IU turned and smiled even brighter at Changmin.

"Changmin oppa!" IU greeted. Jealous stabbed Jonghyun's and Yoseob's heart. Changmin oppa? When was he an oppa to her? Jonhyun and Yoseob wondered. Changmin just smiled.

"Seulong said for me to say 'hi' to you and 'good luck!'" Changmin said. IU nodded, remembering her good 'oppa' who had supported her on her 'Nagging' song. 

"Oh, I see! Please tell him that I said, 'hi' and tell him to contact me more often!" IU said with a pout. Changmin laughed as he extended nodded happily.

"I will, I will," Changmin said, walking away to talk to Yesung and Hyorin. Right before Jonghyn was about to speak, Yoseob came over.

"Hey IU! It's been a long time, right?" Yoseob asked happily. IU stared at Yoseob from top to bottom. He had sure gotten more mature and handsomer now, eversince his 'Ficiton' promotions. IU wondered if he was still that same crazy fan boy a couple of years ago. She smiled maturely at him.

"Annyeong, Yoseob-ssi! Yes, it's been quite a while. You've grown mature," IU stated, as Yoseob beamed. 

"Yeah… when was the last time we've talked with each other, anyways?" Yoseob asked softly. IU shrugged.

"I don't remember. I think it was when your fans shut my minihompy down," IU said cautiously. Yoseob frowned.

"Oh yeah…"


Flash Back:

"IU, I'm so sorry!" Yoseob apologized for the 10th time. IU bit her lips angrily as hot tears spilled down her soft cheeks.

"Everyone hates me! Everyone!" IU cried, after she had shut down her minihompy. Yoseob went on his knees.

"I'm so sorry! I should've let someone else dance with you for your 'Marshmallow' promotion. Please forgive me!" Yoseob pleaded, folding is hand. IU gritted her teeth. Her reputation was now ruinied–there was no hope.

"Go," IU demanded, her voice quaking with anger and depression. Yoseob got on his feet, as he tried to talk with IU. Nothing work. She kept pointing at the opened door, as Yoseob sadly walked away. All he could ever think about was how sorry he was…

Flash Back Ended:


"Oh, I remember! Then you did a duet with Key, but you were too stiff on that day," Jonghyun remembered, tsking. Yoseob glared at Jonghyun.

"You don't have to rub it in," Yoseob snarled, "Maybe I came to talk to IU at the wrong time. You two seem to enjoy your conversation and company, hm?" Jonghyun blushed as he pretended to cough, looking away from the camera. IU rolled her eyes to Yoseob in annoyance. Yes, she was still angry at him. Yoseob kept a straight, stern face as he stared at IU.

After that long silence, the three stopped talking with each other and went to find other people to talk to. The three then tried to avoid each other, since it began to create an awkward autmosphere. But when the singers were about to leave… Jonghyun couldn't help but take one more glance back to see IU, who was surrounded by camera men and reporters.