An Awkward Break Up (2/2)

Immortal Sarang

"It's been a while since we've gone out to eat privately," Se Kyung said quietly. Jonghyun smiled lightly as he nodded in agreement. The restaurant was empty except for the waiters and waitresses who stood at the corner of the room, watching the couple enviously. The chefs were inside the kitchen, busy preparing the meals that Jonghyun and Se Kyung had ordered.

"So…how have you been?" Se Kyung asked. Jonghyun shrugged. He wet his dry lips with his tongue, and looked around the room nervously. He wasn't sure how to approach the news he was going to tell Se Kyung yet.


Flash Back:

"Done!" Onew exclaimed. Key grinned proudly, as Jonghyun stared at himself in the mirror. He felt awkward, yet, a bit mature, too. He sighed to himself and turned to Key and Onew.

"So are you sure that this is how a tie is worn?" Jonghyun asked. Key and Onew winked at Jonghyun.

"Positive," Onew said, "I learned how to tie a tie myself when I was younger."

"And I think you look dashing in that tux! Really, without my sense of style, you couldn't even dress like a proper gentleman going on a date with a model," Key said proudly. Jonghyun rolled his eyes. 

"Hey…" Onew said quietly, "Did you plan how to say you're breaking up with Se Kyung?" Jonghyun's face fell.

"No… It's just too hard! She treated me really well and I treated her really well and…" Jonghyun took a deep breath and sighed deeply, "And then I fell in love with IU-ssi and I don't know what to do!" Jonghyun groaned as he banged his head against the wall. Key clicked his tongue.

"You know, I should be the one having trouble in a love life. Why are you the one having trouble in a love life?" Key whined. Jonghyun managed to laugh.

"Trust me, Key, it's not fun to be stuck between two girls and you have to choose one," Jonghyun said. Key smirked.

"That would be easy, I'd pick Nicole!" Key grinned.

"Yeah, I remember the time where you met Nicole privately once. You got so nervous and you called Nicole fat. She started crying and then later, she said that you called her fat to the whole world," Onew laughed. Key flushed in embarrassment.

"Hey, it's really scaring when a girl you love the most is right in front of you, giving you her best smile, and–"

"Okay, okay, enough Romeo," Jonghyun said sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He moved his neck in a circular motion, rubbing the side of his neck. "Dude, I'm so nervous! I don't even know how to break up with someone properly."

"I'm sure that you'll manage to break up with Se Kyung. Just be careful with words, Jonghyun. Words will stain her heart, so make sure that your words aren't like knives but like… like…"

"Like music!" Key exclaimed. Onew nodded.

"Like music," Onew repeated. Jonghyun sighed, as he forced a smile and nodded.

"Arraso hyung," Jonghyun replied, "Like music."

Flash Back Ended


But music can be harsh and sad, Jonghyun thought.

"Jjong oppa!" Se Kyung exclaimed, "Jjong oppa! Jonghyun oppa! Oppa!" Jonghyun snapped out of his thoughts and jumped in surprise. He looked up at Se Kyung and found her trying to feed him. She frowned.

"Oppa, is there something on your mind?" Se Kyung asked, worried. Jonghyun smiled and shook his head.

"Ani! Nothing," Jonghyun said. He leaned forward for a bite as Se Kyung fed him. She smiled lightly. However, Jonghyun knew something was wrong with Se Kyung. He frowned.

"Is everything alright?" Jonghyun asked. Se Kyung sighed and dropped her fork and knives on the side of her plate. Jonghyun wiped his lips nervously with a napkin.

"Jjong, this isn't working," Se Kyung confessed. Jonghyun widened his eyes, his heart pounding hard. Does she want to break up? Jonghyun thought, But I haven't done anything wrong!

"What do you mean?" Jonghyun asked quietly.

"Oppa, I know what you're planning to do. Key and Onew told me earlier today before we met with each other," Se Kyung said truthfully. Jonghyun froze. Underneath the table, he clenched a fist. Those guys are gonna get it, Jonghyun thought.

"I don't want you to get angry at them," Se Kyung said, "They did the right thing. If they hadn't told me, I would be extremely heart broken. They even told me the reason, too, and I had suspected this earlier." An awkward silence filled the air. It isn't supposed to be like this, Jonghyun thought, I was the one who was supposed to tell Se Kyung, not Se Kyung telling me.

"Jonghyun… Why are you doing this?" Se Kyung asked, her voice a bit hoarse. Jonghyun bit his lower lips.

"I… I'm confused. I loved IU, I truly do, but at the same time," Jonghyun looked up at Se Kyung, "I love you." Se Kyung nodded her head, as she grabbed Jonghyun's hands gently.

"Jonghyun oppa, no matter what, I wish for your happiness. I won't get upset or angry at you if you pick IU-ssi, but please, think over about this for a while. Don't just decide about love quickly. Love takes a lot of time to think over about," Se Kyung said gently, as she got up, "I'll be going now. Thank you for the dinner, Jonghyun oppa." Se Kyung planted a soft kiss on Jonghyun's right cheek and grabbed her purse, leaving the restaurant. Jonghyun stood still, shocked. He carefully thought about what Se Kyung had said until a waiter approached him.

"Um…here is the bill," the waiter said. Jonghyun took the bill and stared at the price. His face fell.

"Aw, come on! I just had this dramatic conversation and I have to pay this much?" Jonghyun complained.

"Well, I'm sorry sir, but that is the exact bill," the waiter mumbled. Jonghyun said and handed the waiter the exact price. He stormed off the restaurant and thought about what Se Kyung had said. Who do I really want?! Jonghyun thought, frustrated.