I'll Let You Go

Immortal Sarang

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jonghyun-ah…It's me, Se Kyung."

"…What do you want?" Jonghyun snapped, frowning. The only reason why he was dragged into this whole drama with IU was because of Se Kyung. Se Kyung, on the other hand, pressed her lips tightly into a thin light. She didn't even know why she called him. Was it because she missed him? No, she had no right to make such an excuse. Was it because she wanted to hear his voice? No, she was the one who wanted to break  up with Jonghyun in the first place.

"Yoboseyo? Se Kyung-ah? Aish…she hung up," Jonghyun grumbled.

"A-Ani Jonghyun oppa! I'm still here!" Se Kyung stuttered, panicking a bit.

"What do you want, Se Kyung?" Jonghyun asked, groaning a bit. Se Kyung gulped nervously. Why did I even call him when I had nothing to say to him? Se Kyung wondered.

"I…I…I…"

"Se Kyung, hurry up! I have to apologize to IU!"

"…For what?" Se Kyung asked, scrunching her eyebrows. I thought Yoseob took care of the rest. Why would there be another reason for Jonghyun to see IU?

"It's complicated," Jonghyun sighed.

"I-I have the time!" Se Kyung stuttered. Why am I even stuttering? Stop being a scary-cat, Se Kyung! 

"Er…Let's see, how do I explain…I'm thinking that Taemin played a prank on IU when I was drunk. I dragged her on the bed, confessed my feelings, and kissed her," Jonghyun said quickly. Se Kyung almost dropped her phone. Con…fess? Se Kyung repeated.

"Jonghyun, what do you mean about confessing your feelings? What kind of feelings do you have for her? What–"

"Are you jealous?" Jonghyun interrupted. Se Kyung stood quiet. She didn't feel jealous at all. She felt curious instead. 

"I don't think so. I feel like I'm just curious with your relationship with IU. Do you really like her?" Se Kyung asked calmly. It's strange, Se Kyung thought to herself, It's strange how I don't feel any pain stabbing in my heart. It's strange, especially since it's about Jonghyun.

"…I think I do."

"Jonghyun!" Se Kyung shouted angrily, standing up on her feet, "You think you do? You're going to apologize to a girl you think you're in love with? Look, Jonghyun, if you're still worried about me, I'm completely over you! We're staying our friendship as best friends, arraso? So, let me ask you again. Do you really like IU?" 

Jonghyun stood quiet. He was stunned. He didn't know that Se Kyung was that seriously and curious about his and IU's relationship. For some reason, when Se Kyung said that she was completely over him, he felt eased. He thought about Se Kyung's last sentence. Do I really like IU? he thought. His heart raced against his chest at every little thought about IU. He didn't even know that he was smiling just thinking about IU. Now, he knew the answer.

"No, I don't like IU," Jonghyun said confidently, "I love her."

Se Kyung smiled. Her negative feelings felt like they were freely disappearing. She took a deep breath and smiled. Even though Jonghyun wouldn't be able to see her smile, she wanted to smile just for him. She somehow felt proud of Jonghyun instead of jealous or angry. 

"Arraso," Se Kyung said, nodding, "Then I'll let you go."

"Se Kyung! Hurry up! We have another photo shoot!" her manager shouted, knocking on her waiting room door. Se Kyung yelped, remembering where she was.

"N-Neh!" she called back, turning her focus back on her phone call with Jonghyun, "Jonghyun oppa, I have to go. Annyeong!" Se Kyung quickly hung up before Jonghyun could say anymore. She quickly opened the door, where her manager stood impatiently. She stared at Se Kyung with sympathy.

"Were you thinking about Jonghyun?" her manager asked. Se Kyung smiled brightly, as the two walked along the hallways. 

"I'm fine, manager unnie. Don't worry about me," Se Kyung assured. Go get her, Jonghyun, Se Kyung thought.